Chapter 26: Royalty and nobility.
72 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I couldn’t muster any strength to resist. The princess’ tiny hand overwhelmed me and suppressed my mana, this is the power of the third level.

After I felt the cold floor on my back, the heat of a fire assailed my face. There was a sword in front of my eyes, it’s blade covered in transparent flames that burned with the pressure of immense mana.

This is why misogyny doesn’t exist in this world… Women kick major ass.

The princess had a surprisingly calm smile on her face as she looked at me, fully displaying her beautiful face… Is this the legendary devilish grin I’ve seen in so many xianxias?!

“Cousin Angus… Is this someone you know?” Princess Victoria asked Lord Angus.

Lord Angus seemed unfazed.

“Yes. He’s my Scribe and seems to have returned from vacation… He’s dispensable, so you can just end him.” He nodded and gestured for her to swing her blade.

Bullshit boss! You will just let me die like that?!

The transparent flames started to turn blue, and the heat that was contained in the flames started to scorch my face…

Is this my end?

Killed by a princess?!

Isn’t that time my plot armor should have saved me? Wait… I forgot I don’t have plot armor…

Will I really be thinking about these things before dying?

Fortunately, the heavens heard my plea, and sent a saintess to my aid.

“Victor, let the boy go.” I heard Mary say.

The princess, that was about to kill me, removed the flames from her sword and sheathed it on her space ring. (She’s royalty, it’s not a surprise she has one.)

“Mary? Is that you?” The princess asked with an astonished expression.

Mary was standing by the door, having already removed her mask.

When the princess realized it was really Mary, she ignored everyone else in the room and jumped at Mary.

“Maryyy~~~” The princess hugged Mary while crying, Mary had an awkward smile in her face as she consoled Victoria…

For some reason Victoria was rubbing her head on Mary’s chest…

Violet saw that both, Lord Angus was stunned by the scene, while I was literally floored. (Badum tss.)

She helped me up and explained the situation to the two of us.

“My mother is one of the many bastard daughters of the king from my old country, the Veritas Kingdom. Because she had the prospects of reaching fourth level and has incredible skill, she frequented the high circles a lot even though we come from a simple family of barons. She met prince Victor… Or Princess Victoria as she is now known, in one of the parties in the royal household and they became friends…” She said, before pausing and looking at the scene with the same awkward smile Mary had.

The two of use turned our heads to the two of them again and were even more shocked.

Princess Victoria was now behind Mary, grabbing her breasts and squeezing them with her hands. Mary was moaning with a red face, and not resisting in the least.

“Bad girl! Where did you get the guts to make me worry so much?! I searched all over the continent for you, and only recently discovered Bosta had you!” His fondling got stronger with the following words. “But you suddenly appear here?! Do you know how many sleepless nights I had because of you?! Accept your punishment!”

“Nooooooo!!!” Mary screamed (and moaned).

If either I or Lord Angus had heart issues, we would have died many times already, but this time we were shocked for distinct reasons.

“Is you mother a lesbian?” I asked Violet through our connection.

But her answer surprised me.

“It’s not that she’s a lesbian, but that Princess Victoria is actually Prince Victor.” She answered, showing a wry smile in her face, Violet explained the story out loud.

“After becoming friends, Prince Victor fell in love with my mother, but was rejected when she said she wouldn’t marry any man… Who would have guessed he took that the wrong way? A few months later, Prince Victor erased every single mention of him being a man and released an Edict that declared he is a woman, and that was how Princess Victoria came to be.”

“So, he cut off his…” I tried to ask, but she answered before I could.

“No, my mother could stop him in time before the procedure. He still retains his identity as a woman though… After that ‘gesture’ my mother started dating this crazy guy… Although that never became a marriage, for political reasons, they remained a couple in secret…”

This revelation stunned me…

To think, there would be such a man.

Craziness aside, to be able to abandon his manhood for the girl he loves… This is a true man!

But above being a true man, this prince is a crazy motherfucker!

 

 

After this reunion, everyone in the room heard a cough, coming from someone I hadn’t noticed before.

“Your highness Victor. We must return now and prepare, there are only a few months left before the start of the war.”

The one that spoke was a tall and slender woman, that wore a butler outfit. Her eyes and hair were purple, while her ears were pointy, it’s not necessary to state her race after saying that.

This woman is an elf, and an elf I know.

“I’m sorry for my impudence. Kyle, scholar of Angus of Red Stone, greets Ancestor Dartveleng.”

The elf woman didn’t bother to notice me, her position is too high up to do so.

“I’m going teacher… Oh, right!” Victoria said before remembering something. “Mary, I forgot to tell you. We’ll start a civil war with the west soon. It’s probably going to be the last one before the reunification, so please take care.”

Victoria said that nonchalantly, but the three of us knew that a civil war wasn’t simple.

Victoria said goodbye to Mary and tried to convince her again to come to the capital as a royal refugee, but Mary denied again. Mary explained to Victoria about her mind being broken, and how I saved her, to use that as a reason for staying in debt with me.

Victoria went out of the room and became a gust of cold air along with Ancestor Dartveleng… Elven magic is really amazing. (See general Happenings for more on the ancestor, the Kingdom lore, and Elven Magic.)

“Well. Now to change the topic.” Lord Angus spoke. “How in the hells did you become a Magus so fast?” Lord Angus asked.

When he said those words, killing intent started emanating from him.

I smiled wryly. My goodwill towards Lord Angus had diminished a lot after he didn’t care to help me.

“During my vacations I found a Spirit Essence Fruit in Arvilgen Forest. With that I was able to break into the realm of a Magus.”

The Spirit Essence Fruit is a rare fruit that increases the amount of essence mana in the body, and also enhances the control over mana. They are actually so rare it’s hard to find them anywhere but auctions in the Kingdom’s capital.

“You don’t need to lie to me.” Lord Angus snorted and showed me a letter.

The letter was already opened, but the torn seal was the same as Bosta’s. It said that I was hired by Bosta as a special external member, and kindly asked his highness Angus Aurven Argent to grant me land fit for a Baronet.

“As expected of Bosta, even my identity is laid bare before them. As a show of goodwill, I’ll give them what they want.” Lord Angus said with a sigh. “Who knew you were a spell tailor? I should have recruited you before Bosta did. Oh, also, Bosta agreed that you need to send me two modified first-level spells per month. Don’t forget about it.”

“Well, let’s do the formalities then.” Lord Angus said, getting up from his chair.

“I, Angus Aurven Argent, royal of the Argent Western Kingdom, on behalf of my eastern brothers, consecrate Kyle as a Baronet of the Kingdom. Carry now, the honor of the royal coat-of-arms and uphold the will of the Argent Family. Tell me, what is your name?” Lord Angus said some ceremonial words.

I kneeled and bowed my head.

“My name is Kyle, your highness, while my surname is Adley. Let my blood flow blue as a stream, towards the ocean that is the Argent Family.”

Lord Angus nodded.

“So be it, Kyle Adley. You are now the founder of the Adley family and will receive the fief of Brown Stone Village. From this day on, let no one doubt your lineage, and may your descendants hold their heads high as members of nobility.”

The ceremony was completed, and I had recovered my surname. Today, Lord Angus held a feast in my name, and I got mad drunk after drinking a lot of wine.

The following day, I left for Brown Stone Village with a retinue of soldiers and a few dozen Martial artists of the first level, and five of the second level.

I have finally become a noble…

4