Chapter 28: [Lords of Infinity] The Seven Lords of Infinity.
98 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was already deep asleep, when I felt a hand shaking me.

“Hey Kyle. Wake up.” A voice said.

Slowly I opened my eyes and saw Sixth’s smiling face. I resisted the urge to punch him and rubbed my eyes.

“What’s up Sixth? It’s still so early the second shift of farmers just started working.” I asked, my voice showed my full anger.

Sixth rolled his eyes at my anger and snapped his fingers. In an instant, my drowsiness disappeared, and I felt full of energy. Not only that, the magic fires on the room lit up, and I found myself already dressed and standing up in front of Sixth.

“What the hell Sixth?!” I asked, not used to the abrupt change. For some reason, It’s weird to completely change your state of mind in an instant.

“Shut up and come with me, someone wants to see you in The Apartment.” He said, pointing at a door in the room.

It looked like a normal door, but that is the problem. It’s a normal door from earth, and I’m sure this door wasn’t there before.

“The Apartment? What apartment?” I asked, still wobbly from the sudden change.

“Not important. You’ll see when you come.” He said and snapped his fingers. It seems he is displeased and in a hurry, because I completely lost control of my body.

Sixth opened the door and went through it, and my body followed. The door shut soon after we went inside.

 

 

Differently from what I expected, the room I entered looked very normal. The size of a common apartment bedroom, it had a bed with clean white sheets and a TV stand that probably also has clothes in it.

Sixth didn’t stop in this room and went through another door. We were now in a long corridor.

Sixth released the restrictions on me and said.

“You can look around, since I know you are curious, I’ll go ahead.”

Without saying a second word, he went through the corridor, which seemed to lead to a living room.

I was still trying to understand what the hell just happened, when I heard a voice.

“Psst! Hey, Kyle!” I heard a voice from further down the hallway.

From a door close to the end of the hallway, I saw a familiar figure exiting through a door.

It was devil, I noticed it because of his white robe. He was waving at me with a smile, not his devilish smile, but a real warm smile.

“Devil? What are you doing here?”

“I live here. What about you?” Devil asked, coming close to me, it seems he doesn’t know why I’m here either.

“I have no idea. Sixth just dragged me here. Said someone wanted to see me.” I shrugged.

Devil thought for a second and answered.

“Well… Atheist is busy destroying faith in your version of earth. Daoist is in secluded cultivation. Rock is playing games in the living room. GM is in the loli planet he created… I think Scarlet is preparing dinner? His son is coming to visit today… Maybe it’s his son that wants to talk to you?”

Many questions came up from that answer, the first is: “Who the hell are all these people?!”, the second is “He’s doing what on earth?!” and finally…

“Did you just say loli planet?!”

“Yes, a loli planet… I’m not going to further explain what he uses it for.”

I don’t really want to know either… But I want to know the number of god police just in case.

“And who’s Scarlet’s son?” I asked. I know a little about Scarlet, at least I remember that the soul retrieving spell is something Sixth got from him.

“It’s a Void Lord, appropriately called Void among us, although his actual name is something else.” Devil Answered.

“It’s not his actual name? Are your names nicknames?”

Devil nodded and teleported the two of us to the door he came from. He then showed me the plaque hanged in it.

“This is my actual name.”

The plaque he showed me had golden borders, while the body of the plaque is made of some sort of black metal. There were words written in it with golden ink.

[Devil. Emperor of the Ignis Empire, Leader of the Ninth Circle, Supreme Overlord of all Realms, The Ascended King. Dante Reinhardt Acciai di Ignis.]

“Your name is Dante then?”

“Yes, but I’m not the only one called Dante.” He said, before transporting me to the first door in the hallway. There was a plaque exactly like his hanged in the door as well.

[Scarlet. God-Emperor of the Sacred Alternian Empire, Supreme Ruler of Death, Creator of Demon race, The Unbound, Leader of Many Ascended, Apartment’s Resident Mom, The Dark King. Dante Reinhardt Alteranus.]

“That’s a lot of titles.” There were seven titles to refer to a single person…

“The original used to have a few thousands of titles, but we decided it should have a limit of characters, so it became this after he selected the most important ones.” Devil explained with a wry smile.

“What about this Resident Mom title?” I asked, since that’s the only title that doesn’t sound domineering.

“He’s basically the one that takes care of us, and makes sure we don’t do shit too often, as well as cleans up after our mess…”

So, he’s a babysitter for omnipotent beings… I somehow pity him, knowing that includes Sixth.

“Want to see the rest?” Devil asked.

I nodded. Since I’m sure I’ll be seeing them often, it’s important that I know a little more about them.

“Okay. Let’s see Rock’s then.” He said and showed the door by the side of Scarlet’s.

[Rock. Savior of Humanity’s Will, Son of Wind and Fire, God-slayer, Has the Best Wife in all multiverses, Hecate’s Successor. Dante Reinhardt Hellas.]

“These sound less impressive… What’s up with the best wife part though?”

“Don’t ask… She’s scary.” Devil said shivering. “When she’s coupled with Scarlet’s wife… I don’t even want to think about it.” He then put a hand on my shoulder. “Remember… Stay single for life.”

“I’ll put your words to heart.” Both of us nodded.

“Let’s move on then.”

We went past his room and stopped in front of the fourth door.

[Atheist. Slayer of God and Devil (not my brother), Holder of the Atheist Sword, The One That Restored the World from Ashes, The Anti-Paladin. Dante Reinhardt von Krieger.]

“What’s up with the Dante Reinhardt thing? All of you have that name?”

“GM said it’s some kind of coincidence, and not all of us have that name… At least GM and Sixth don’t.” He answered.

“I see… What’s up with the Anti-Paladin thing though?”

“The Gods that created Atheist’s world only did so because of a bet they thought of while drunk, after a while the just kept the bet on for the fun of it… Long-story-short they started an Armageddon for absolutely no reason and put humanity against each other, Atheist joined neither side and instead battled until he got strong enough to slay the two.”

“They sound like two giant jerks.”

Devil agreed and moved on.

[Daoist. Master of the Infinity, Void and Bacon Daos; Patriarch of the Heavenly Pig Sect; Pangu’s Poker Buddy; The One Beyond the Dao. Dante Reinhardt Zhu.]

“Is he Chinese or something? I can see he’s a Daoist, but his name simply doesn’t make ethnical sense!”

“No. He was an American citizen, but his version of earth was invaded by alien Daoists, then he added Zhu to his name afterwards. Zhu means Pig according to him.”

What kind of weird reality is that?

“Moving on, the next one is Sixth, then we’ll see GM’s that comes after his. GM says he would like to be the closest to the bathroom as possible, so his room is the last one before the bathroom, although the rooms should have been ordered by seniority.”

What kind of guy is GM?! He doesn’t sound nearly as amazing as his younger brothers!

“Don’t be fooled by GM’s weird behavior. He’s the reason the Infinity Lords are respected even among the Ascended. His antics aside, none of us can match his… Wisdom.”

“What other Ascended are there?” I asked.

“Aside from the Infinity Lords, there is an uncountable number of individuals and groups. Some of them you may even know, such as the Lord of Destruction, Surtur. Alchemy King, Paracelsus. The Wise Sovereign, Solomon. Prince of Lies, Satan. Calming Whisper, Morgan Freeman. Crazy Actor, Jim Carrey…”

“Wait! Morgan Freeman and Jim Carrey are Ascended?!”

“Not the ones you know. It is common for mortals to appear with the same characteristics as Ascended, since each of them has a close relation with all realities.”

I don’t know how this works… But it sounds confusing.

Now, let’s see Sixth’s plaque.

[Sixth.]

What?

“Hey. Why is there only that written in Sixth’s plaque?” I asked Devil.

“You don’t need to know that… For now. You’ll probably discover later.” Devil answered, completely avoiding the question. “Now let’s see GM’s.”

We walked a few steps and arrived in front of GM’s room.

[GM. Pervert, Crazy Guy, Single, Yes Lolita No touch, Leader of the Infinity Lords. *******]

“Why is GM’s name censored for me?”

“It’s censored for everyone. We don’t know his actual name either, and we don’t know how to unblock his name.”

“That aside, is GM just an overpowered pervert?”

“That’s what he wants you to think. He’s a lot deeper than that, I can’t fathom his intentions either. But I already noticed, that seemingly random or useless things he does can have significant impact across many realities… There’s a reason why he’s the leader.” Devil sighed.

“Well. I already showed you the rooms, you should go to the Living room. Sixth is probably waiting you there… It seems he’s really pissed right now, since we have already interfered so much with his little game with you.” Devil said, and then waved his hand.

I was instantly teleported to the living room. There isn’t much here, only a TV, a couch, a gaming console, a glass desk and a dining table. The floor is made of wood, and the walls are just white walls, the same as the hallway.

On the couch, there was a guy with white hair and red eyes, what a surprise, but he wasn’t Sixth. He was using shorts and had no T-shirt on, he was playing games with his feet on the table…

4