Chapter 29: [Lords of Infinity] A gift from Void.
84 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The third Sixth looked at me and smiled, a common smile one would have when greeting someone else.

“Sup. Good to meet you Kyle. My name is Rock, Sixth is in the kitchen, right through that door.” He said, but then he seemed to remember something. “Also, stay away from the zones marked in red. Scarlet is running around on the kitchen to prepare dinner, and it’s really dangerous for mortals since he’s moving so fast that a bump of his can annihilate a few realities.”

Why the hell is he doing that?!

“No idea. I don’t even know how to cook… I could learn, but that’s too much work.” Rock shrugged. “Come play with me if you want later. I have a few RPGs that are better played with more than one person.” He said before focusing on the TV again.

The way I think of powerful people has changed very fast since coming here… I would have thought these guys would be arrogant because of their titles, but aside from a little eccentric, they don’t even have an air of majesty around them.

So much for the guy called ‘God-slayer’…

“Yeah, it happens. Trust me Kyle, unless you have a few screws lose, the closer you get to our level, the more your arrogance disappears… If you want to see someone with an air of majesty though, just talk to Scarlet during work hours. He’s still an acting God-emperor after all.” Rock retorted… Good thing I am already used to having my mind read.

After talking with rock, I went to the kitchen and saw Sixth sitting on a chair while drinking some yellow juice…

And 70% of my view was red.

There were many red lines throughout the kitchen, Scarlet’s path of movement…

Can’t he just make the food appear though?

“Yes, he can. But according to him, the food tastes better if he puts in more effort… Somehow it really does, even if it doesn’t make sense.” Sixth answered my question.

“Well, my mother’s food does taste better than a five-star chef’s, so it’s probably the same effect.”

Love is the best seasoning after all.

“Either way, why did you drag me here?” I asked.

Sixth took another sip of his juice and made a disgusted expression… I rarely see his face change so much.

“It’s Void, Scarlet’s son. He says he’s got something for you, it is pretty overpowered… Although you won’t be able to use it very well. I wanted to refuse, but GM told him to give it to you, so I can’t do anything about it.” Sixth grumbled and took another sip of his juice.

Truly, only GM is able to pacify Sixth.

“Okay, so when is he coming?”

He should be able to just teleport here, so why is he not here yet?

“He seems to be talking to GM now. And we have a rule of not attending matters related to everyone else while maintaining clones unless necessary, so he’ll take a few more minutes to come.”

That’s quite a troublesome rule…

We talked for a while, mostly about his brothers and things they’ve done in their mortal lives, since I was really curious. And as expected, all of their stories were very amazing, especially Scarlet who’s almost as terrifying as GM according to Sixth.

After about a dozen minutes, the red lines all around the room disappeared. Another person was standing in front of the dining table inside the kitchen.

There was a lot of food on the table, like lasagna, roasted chicken, burger, fries and a lot of other delicious food. I have never seen food like that, and just the smell already made my stomach rumble, it looked much better than any other food I’ve ever seen in my life.

Aside from mom’s. There’s no food that can surpass hers.

As for the person that appeared, that was obviously Scarlet. Differently from Sixth and the rest, he had pitch black hair and red eyes, he wore a black hoodie and shorts but even still somehow looked elegant. And for some reason, just looking at him gave me a small impulse to fall to my knees and worship him.

Yup, definitely someone worthy of being called God-emperor… Aside from the hoodie that basically ruined his entire noble image.

Different from Sixth, Devil and Rock; Scarlet had a serious expression on his face that also looked somewhat serene. He turned towards me and in an instant space shrunk until he was directly in front of me, who was sitting.

I got up and introduced myself(unnecessarily).

“Hello. I am Kyle, nice to meet you.” I said extending my hand.

He nodded and shook my hand.

“My name is Dante Reinhardt Alteranus, but just Scarlet will do. It’s a pleasure to finally make your acquaintance.” Scarlet said politely.

“Don’t let him fool you Kyle. He’s just that formal when you have just met him or when he’s at work. He’s completely different after a while.” Sixth snorted.

Scarlet sent a chop to his head, and I could even faintly hear something cracking.

“Fuck! Damnit!” Sixth said in pain.

“Don’t go saying things like that you idiot. I still have an image to keep.” Scarlet said… Did that even hurt Sixth?

“Yes, it did. I sent a chop directly to his soul.” Scarlet answered nonchalantly.

Don’t beat other people’s souls so casually!

“Either way. Sixth, go call the rest for dinner, and tell GM to wash his hands, otherwise I’ll show his secret stash to Kyle.” Scarlet ordered, and Sixth complied grudgingly.

What’s that about his secret stash. Why would GM be ashamed of that? I am a man of culture as well, there’s nothing GM could have that surprises me.

“You can’t fathom the things that are in GM’s stash.” Scarlet answered, disgust visibly showing in his face.

What level of culture has GM reached?

“Wash your hands as well, you’ll be dining with us.”

I nodded and washed my hands, but as soon as water started flowing, I felt a weird sensation all over my body.

When I looked behind me, a black vortex appeared, and a man stepped out of it.

It was someone that looked a lot like Scarlet, but he also had many distinctive characteristics.

His hair was a mix of black and white, while he had heterochromia, one of his eyes was red and the other was pitch black. He wore a long white robe with embroidered black patterns that seemed to flow on the fabric.

He looked at me as soon as he entered, and I felt as if the world was weighing on me.

“Here.” He said simply before tossing a book to me, which my body caught without me controlling it.

After I took the book, he turned back.

“Void! Wait! Let’s have dinner before you go back. I made your favorite lasagna!” Scarlet said, teleporting and grabbing the hem of Void’s clothes.

Void didn’t look back, and just said. “I don’t need to eat. Thanks dad.” Before stepping into the vortex and leaving.

Scarlet just stood there, staring at the space where the vortex had been.

Suddenly, tears started streaming from his eyes and he fell to his knees. Sixth appeared at that same instant and knelt by Scarlet’s side. He then looked at me “Go back Kyle. Dinner is cancelled.” He said before my vision faded to black…

I woke up in my bed, the sun was already rising.

5