Chapter 30: The Necronomicon, Loyalty, and a serious Kyle.
89 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I woke up, very confused, and for many reasons.

First, was that a dream? Why did Scarlet suddenly start crying? What the hell was that book? And most importantly, is GM a lolicon or not?!

“No. Family problems. The Necronomicon. I have absolutely no idea, but I think he isn’t.” A voice by my side answered me.

I turned my head just to see Sixth, with his usual smug smile, reading something on his smartphone.

Well, it seems that wasn’t a dream after all.

“So, did you teleport me to my bed?”

“Nope, you were already sleeping. It’s better to just transport your spirit to The Apartment so you can still act here if an emergency comes up.” He explained. “Also, you forgot to freak out over the Necronomicon.”

Oh yeah, I completely forgot about that~~

“Why the hell did he give me THE Necronomicon?!” I screamed.

Sixth shook his head and added. “Of course, there’s a limitation… It’s not really a limitation though, but for you it is.” He said, before making the book appear in his hands and opening it.

“Free info, but Necronomicons also exist here, but they are basically research notes of advanced necromancers and the spells they created based on their comprehension of necromancy.” Sixth explained, and then added. “This, however, is THE Necronomicon as you said. The materialization of the Supreme Laws of Death in this reality. And it also contains everything you need to know if you want to reach the peak of necromancy, the truest way to weave death you your will.”

That does sounds too good to be true, but I am pretty sure there is a catch since there’s no way Sixth would let me have something so OP.

I took the book and looked at it, there were a few thousands of thick pages, and each page had a few hundred of lines, the book itself could become a lethal weapon if you dropped it on someone.

However, there is something wrong with it…

“Why are there only topics and no information whatsoever?” I asked Sixth.

Indeed, all of the pages were filled from top to bottom with only topics, there was no actual information…

That aside, why are there so many topics?!

“That’s the culmination of the laws of death, it’s obvious it would be big.” He said before opening it back on the first page.

“If you want to read the information, you’ll have to tap on the topic you want to read about.” He said and then tapped on the first topic, “Physical realm of death, Carnal approach to death.”

After he tapped on it, the book expanded a little and closed. When I opened it again the pages had increased in size slightly, there were also more than before.

The difference is that now all of the pages were filled with information… Nonsensical information.

All of it was written in English, which is convenient, but not only was there a lot of information on the book, the information itself defied what I thought I knew.

One example is the dread core of necromancers, Magus Souls vibrate and generate mana that way, but Dread Cores theoretically don’t vibrate but can still produce Necrotic Energy. That’s what every record says, and even necromancers themselves know that’s true.

But that’s far from it, the Dread Core does vibrate, but it vibrates in a wavelength of negative distance.

Basically, it breaks physics just by existing.

Just that was enough to shock me, but every page basically demolished everything I thought I knew about science and life itself. I didn’t feel like that even when I entered school for the first time and learned math.

“So that’s why it’s not that much of a benefit for me… I don’t understand shit of what’s written here!”

Sixth chuckled and mocked me.

“Of course, you don’t! The law of death is one of the most complex laws to master! If you want to get anything out of the Necronomicon, you’ll have to study your whole life! Hahahahaha!”

He finally couldn’t control himself and started laughing as he rolled on the ground.

Every time he starts laughing, I have the urge to punch him, so I just went out of my room.

I am a noble now, I have things to do and places to be.

 

 

As soon as I got out of my room, there was a man kneeling in front of me. He now had a full set of heavy armor, although it’s not heavy for a ghoul, and his usually dirty hair shone with its real light brown color. His face was also clean shaven, and although he was tall and burly, he gave off the impression of a regal knight instead of the previous barbaric aura.

This man is, obviously, Albert.

“Lord Knight! Lady Mary asks for your presence in the war room.” Albert said.

Mary? Oh right, the war is coming.

I walked through the manor and saw many maids and butlers sent by Bosta, all of which could be trusted with everything and wouldn’t expose secrets, since they would die if they went against their contract. Aside from that, I saw the new ghouls made out of Pica’s henchmen, one of which is the magus I killed, we have already ordered the ingredients to create his second core and restore his abilities.

Most of them had already recovered quite a bit of their personalities by now, so many of them were drinking and eating, although they don’t need it. I could even see smiles in their faces as they talked about how amazing it is to be a ghoul.

When I passed however, they would all single-kneel and say “Lord Knight” with a solemn tone. It’s the proof that they are ghouls, all of them are loyal to me.

I wonder whether those ghouls are free even if they doomed to be loyal to me forever?

“Yes, they are. Their absolute loyalty towards their creator is simply a characteristic of their race. It is like Scarlet’s demon race, all of them would die for him unconditionally, but they are still free to not do so. The proof is that one of Scarlet’s Demons left him. Like demons, ghouls are free to leave you, but that would be very unlikely.” He explained.

When Sixth said that, one of the Ghouls, the Magus came forward.

“Yes, Lord Knight. Our Liege is the one that took our lives, but you also gave us something much more valuable.  We are immortal, undying. Our souls will forever be with our liege, and when death comes again, our souls will be able to rest easy knowing that Our Lord’s energy protects us.” The magus said, his eyes seemed to hold admiration as he looked at me.

Well… I am still not very used to this even then.

“Thank you for your service then. I shall be going.” I said before continuing to head to the war room.

“Farewell Lord Knight.” The ghouls said before sitting again and resume their chat.

It feels weird to be in charge of these guys… But thankfully I learned that spell form Scarlet. Even if they die, I’ll have them come back. I can’t let them down.

 

 

In the war room, Mary and Violet chatted about the current status. It seems like the war is already a well-known thing by now.

According to Mary and Violet, the reason for that is related to us, more specifically the cargo of Artmer’s convoy.

In this world, although the fifth level Magi are powerful and can even become Dukes, they aren’t the strongest. The strongest are the Archdukes of every kingdom.

Becoming an Archduke isn’t a matter of effort, but resources, resource actually.

Every Archduke is actually a Duke with a special item, a Divine Elemental Crystal.

Elemental Crystals are basically the coal or oil of this society. They can be used to power arrays, create and charge magic tools, concoct potions and even directly used by magi to cast spells.

There are also grades and levels of Elemental Crystals. From one-layered to five-layered grades and first to fifth level.

A one-layered crystal is equal to a one-layered spell, while a five-layered one is the same as a five-layered spell. A first level crystal is the same as a first level spell, and a fifth level crystal is the same as a fifth level spell.

A Divine Elemental Crystal is different however, as they were once used to power the abilities of Gods.

In the hands of a mortal fifth level Magus, a Grand Magus, that is the same as infinite mana, however.

A Grand Magus is the same as the most potent Nuclear Warhead of earth, they were much more versatile, however.

A Grand Magus with a Divine Elemental Crystal is the same as and infinite arsenal of nuclear warheads, or a giant power plant that generates unlimited power, or a mine that can produce enough steel to fuel ten nations at war.

Every Crystal is rare however, and their power is too dangerous, so the nations have decided to not use them lightly. The number of crystals still dictate the status of a nation even then.

Vitaogon, the strongest empire of the world, had a hundred and eight Divine Elemental Crystals, and no other comes even close to that.

The east and western Argent Kingdoms each have four, but with this one, the east now has five crystals.

That gives the east an unprecedented advantage, and the chance to unify the kingdoms again.

That still depends in the choice of the Ancestors however, and for that the kingdom created a plan.

Lord Angus, a secret descendant of the western royalty, is going to be supported by the kingdom to the western throne. The purpose of this war is to assassinate the high nobles in the west that might oppose his ascension.

After Angus becomes King, he’ll marry the sister of Princess Victoria, their son will then become the new Emperor, of the unified Empire.

The Ancestors won’t disagreed if it’s done like that.

That means that this war will be a very violent one, however, and many will die on both sides. If it weren’t for the new crystal, the deaths that will occur would be unacceptable to the ancestors.

“That’s the gist of it… This will be a very dangerous war, and even Dukes might die, not to mention cannon fodders like Baronets.” Violet told me after explaining the situation.

That’s true, Baronets are just weaklings in a war like that.

But I’m not a common baronet.

“For the first time in my life… I’ll give it my all!”

I’m a very pumped otaku genius, with a loli undead and a war veteran. As well as the support of a great guild, and earth knowledge. I also have the Necronomicon and a copious amount of money.

There are six months left for the war.

I can get ready by then.

 

This chapter was very long, and I always wrote Magic Stones or Magic Crystals instead of Elemental Crystals. So if you see either of those terms you'll know I just wrote them wrong.

3