Chapter 31: [Leisure Life I]: Training in the Sword and Hidden Bloodlust.
76 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A month after the meeting in the war room. Brown Stone Village’s Training room.

“Stop being a pussy and swing that sword right! You look like you’re waving your boyfriend’s dick!” Violet screamed as she swung a blunt metal sword at me.

I also had a sword like hers, but I could barely defend and whenever she hit me a shallow wound would open or a bone in my body would come close to breaking.

“I am trying okay! I have only trained for a month! I can’t improve that fast!” I retorted.

Violet tsked before giving me a final kick in the guts.

“Let’s take a break. You are sweating like a pig.”

I got up massaging my stomach, my clothes were drenched in sweat and blood, so I really needed a bath.

A maid came forward and gave me a towel, and I cleaned the blood and sweat from my skin. After that, I wrote a spell circle on the ground and cast a healing spell on myself. Although it’s not one of my affinities, casting it thrice can heal the shallow wounds I have.

People would wonder why a Mage is learning how to fight with a sword, but it seems like that’s a must if I want to survive in the war. All War Magicians of noble families learn swordsmanship, since magi are meant to be versatile, and close combat shouldn’t be a weak point. Magi can enhance their attacks with mana or spells so a magi’s close combat ability shouldn’t be underestimated.

“Hey Violet, how’s Mary’s progress on that Spell I asked her to create?” I asked Violet.

“Mother already finished it yesterday, she’ll send the circle to you later to test it.”

Mary might not be a true spell tailor, but her magic theory is great, and since I already got her a Hot Core, she can create spells for me as long as I give her an explanation of the principles behind the spell, she would then only need to experiment a little to complete it.

But the spell I was talking about was different. Mary created and modified many spells in this one month, but those were all side projects, this spell was the main project that took her one month to finish.

“So, the Disguise Death spell is finally done…”

This spell is one we had to wrack our brains to develop, along with the help of the Necronomicon. Only a Necromancer can hope to understand the Necronomicon, so although Mary helped, she could only follow my instructions, and she can’t cast the spell.

A necromancy magic circle is completely different from a common one, it took me a week reading the Necronomicon to understand how they worked.

The Disguise Death Spell is a spell that makes any undead look like a human, and it is a mix of necromancy and illusion.

Violet explained to me that the last version of the spell is surprisingly even more powerful than a common illusion, the spell is only first level, but it can match a second level illusion.

“What about the convoys from Bosta?” I asked.

“The workers convoy has already arrived, and the first batch of equipment has been delivered as well. We can equip a few thousand men with that.”

Good, with this we can start developing our economy and military.

After checking that, I took a bath and returned to the training room afterwards.

Violet was standing in the middle of the room, holding a different sword from before, while there was also a sword stabbed in the ground in front of her.

“Hey Violet, what’s the big idea?! Those swords are sharpened!”

Indeed, those two weren’t practice swords, but actual swords.

I already complained when she took out blunt metal swords instead of wood swords for practice, but now they are sharpened swords?!

“You said that it was time to get serious, but you’ve been too complacent with your physical training. So, it is time to give you some incentive. Don’t worry, I will at most cut off a few fingers from your hand. It will cost a little to attach them back, but Bosta has good healers.” She said, a devilish smile on her face.

I wanted to complain more, but I know that she’ll just beat the shit out of me if I refuse, so I took the sword out of the ground and readied my stance.

I was already much different from the past, my sword is no longer a decoration. I might not be as good as a noble that was raised with a sword in hand, but my standards are at least a little better than a common soldier’s.

“Okay… Here I come!” Violet swung her sword towards me.

I blocked normally but could still feel the difference between a blunt and a sharp sword.

That sword is meant to kill me, I could feel that.

We sparred normally, but I could feel that for some reason, the sword didn’t feel as awkward in my hand as before.

Somehow, knowing I was holding an instrument of slaying in my hands calmed me down.

It was then, that I started becoming able to attack Violet back. She still blocked my attacks, but it’s easy to see she wasn’t having an easy time doing so anymore.

I didn’t notice that, however.

The sword in my hands, it was talking to me. And I was talking to the sword.

Both of us were saying the same thing.

I want blood!

Then my consciousness started fading…

 

 

This doesn’t make sense.

I thought when Kyle started getting better and better as we fought.

The plan was just to pressure him a little with a real blade, how the hell did he suddenly get so much better?!

Not only that, this doesn’t feel like the Kyle I know. It’s as if the more we fight, the more he becomes some kind of bloodthirsty beast!

The pressure he gave off started to impair my movements, until it reached a point where I could only block his attacks.

Yet, the pressure didn’t stagnate. It kept growing more and more.

Until there was one slash I couldn’t block, and it was then Kyle surprised me even more.

That one slash moved faster than all others, to the point I could barely see the blade, it didn’t aim for my arms or legs. It went directly for my throat.

I was able to take a half-step back on instinct, but the blade still sliced one third of my neck.

It was when the red blood spurted from my neck and covered Kyle that the pressure he gave off disappeared, and Kyle screamed “Oh shit! Death Restoration!” which healed my neck completely.

I wanted to ask what the hell was that all about, but I was still shaking from that feeling. For the first time, even counting the day I died, even though I should be a unfearing undead, I felt as if what was in front of me couldn’t be surpassed with skill and that even if I was absurdly stronger than Kyle, it wouldn’t be enough.

It was like the feeling that a rabbit will never be able to kill a dragon.

“Violet are you alright?! I blacked out for a moment there, what happened?!” He asked worriedly, helping me get off the ground…

 

 

What the hell just happened?!

We were fighting a second ago, and now she’s on the floor with a cut on her neck?!

She’s a ghoul lord for god’s sake! I already fed her a few tons of meat, and her skin should be as hard as rock, not to mention her muscles!

“Yes, I’m alright. Not to mention cutting a little of my neck, I’ll be fine even if you cut my head off.” Violet mocked, but her face was pale as if she had seen a ghost.

“That aside, where the hell did you learn how to swing a sword like that?! Even my mother isn’t that good!” Violet asked.

What is she talking about?

“I did that? Did I suddenly awaken the powers sealed in my left arm?”

Violet didn’t say anything, but had a thoughtful expression, she then readied her stance again.

“Let’s spar again. Try to defeat me, I will go all out.”

“Oi, what the hell are you talking about?!”

Despite my complaints, Violet was already attacking me.

I raised my sword and blocked the attack.

However, unlike the other times we clashed, I wasn’t pressured to defend. After blocking the attack, I still had the leeway to attempt a counter, but Violet was also able to easily block that.

We sparred for a few minutes, but Violet was easily able to deal with me, still my technique had surprisingly improved. If before I was slightly above the standard of a regular soldier, I’m now at the standard of a veteran soldier, close to a weak swordsman noble.

“Okay. Let’s rest.” Violet said. She didn’t break a sweat after a few minutes swinging a sword without aid of mana, but it would be weird if a Ghoul got tired.

As for me, although I am not an undead, my stamina is much better than a human. It seems that’s because a necromancer gets closer to having complete undead traits the more his body is nourished by death energy.

“Waaah! I’m spent! After today’s training I’m going to sleep a lot! Well, at least it seems like I got a lot better after training with real swords. Catch you later Violet.” I said, leaving the training room for the bath.

Back in the room Violet was frowning.

“Something is weird about him…”

There is no way someone can improve that much just from using a regular sword. Not to mention that creepy feeling when he cut me.

“Yeah, I got surprised as well.” Sixth said.

Although neither me nor Kyle paid attention to him, he’s always there stalking Kyle, so I’ve already gotten used to his presence.

He is still stalking Kyle, so this must be his clone.

“What was that all about? How can he suddenly become a sword master?” Violet asked, although she got used to Sixth, that doesn’t mean she likes him.

After all, he summoned Kyle to this world for some sort of sadistic game where there’s 99% of chance that he’ll die a gruesome death.

“I hadn’t noticed it before, but it seems that Kyle’s soul is a little special. There’s a lot of bloodlust in it, I think that using an instrument of slaughter for the first time made that bloodlust surface for a moment.”

Kyle hadn’t used a sword before. So, it makes sense that only happened now.

But who would have guessed? My chunni Otaku friend is actually a murder machine?

“So, he can do that thing whenever he wants?”

Violet asked but Sixth shook his head.

“No. His soul might have a lot of bloodlust, but he himself doesn’t. But I think that the more people he kills with his own hands, the more he can tap onto that power. Still, from the amount of bloodlust in his soul, that should be in the hundreds of billions if he wants to use it all.”

I see, so it’s not happening right?

Violet shook her head; there’s no way Kyle can kill even one hundredth of that number.

“There’s no point thinking about it then… I should go help mother in her laboratory.”

Violet left the room, leaving only sixth.

Differently from his usual smug smile, his face was serious.

“Things like this keep happening one after another…”

“First my brothers interfere, then there’s more and more things related to Ascended happening, that circle in special wasn’t made by Void as I thought. And now Kyle has that ungodly amount of bloodlust in his souls that I hadn’t noticed before?” Sixth bit his nail with an angry expression.

“It doesn’t matter. Even if that’s GM trying to stop me, I it’s not something even he can do…”

Sixth said, before vanishing from the room.

All that was left was the quiet room.

 

3