17. Anna
488 2 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Isabel smiled as she replied, "just to a party for a bit, don't worry, the food is already on the table. —Arthur, let's go!"

The two descended to the first floor under the gazes of Carla and Isabel. They even went to the side of the fence to look down.

On the first floor, Isabel picked up her bag that was lying on the couch, she opened it and took out a gray tie.

"Get over here!" She motioned for Arthur who was knitting his brows to come closer.

Arthur thought that he would stand out even more with the tie, but in the end, he chose not to refuse.

His aunt tucked the tie over his shirt, which matched perfectly. She tidied up some of the mess then took two steps back to study his appearance.

With curved lips, she nodded in satisfaction. "I'm sure there are not many young men as handsome as you in this city," she said.

After saying that, sue grabbed his hand and pulled him out of the house.

"It seems your mother loves Arthur more than you," Bella said to Carla with a playful smile.

Carla pouted a little at her words, she didn't answer, just tossed her long hair before taking a step towards the stairs.

When he arrived at the yard, Arthur found a car whose engine was already running.

Two men in black suits were standing by the car. Arthur didn't know who they were, but he knew they were police. As a congresswomen, his aunt could order a few policemen to escort her at any time.

Seeing them, each of the men opened the right and left rear doors of the car. Their expressions were quite stiff, but they still greeted Isabel professionally. Arthur watched them for a moment before climbing into the car.

He concluded that the two policemen were reasonably trained, but they still weren't as strong as Rock and his gang, who were obviously very experienced.

They helped close the car doors before getting into it.

"Where are we going, Mrs. Isabel?" asked the man sitting in the driver's seat.

"Veterans Street 03," Isabel replied.

Arthur spontaneously looked in a certain direction hearing his aunt's answer.

In terms of economy, it was the highest valued street, many luxury goods shops stood there.

The journey there takes about 25 minutes. The street is so wide that ten cars can line up simultaneously.

Footbridges can be found every fifty meters, each decorated with colorful lights. Many young people take pictures and make videos there.

Along the way, Arthur also saw many cafes and entertainment venues. The former was visited by young people while the latter was visited by exhausted looking adults.

Arthur hardly ever came to this street, so even though he was a native of this town, he still felt out of place.

"Stop right there!" Just moments after arriving at that street, Isabel headed for a certain building. It has five floors and old European design.

The lights in the building weren't too bright, more of a serene feel. What stands out from the building compared to other buildings is the very wide courtyard. Considering how expensive land here is, daring to waste such a large piece of land proves the owner's wealth.

One after another, luxury cars entered the courtyard, all over 100 Thousand Euros. Isabel's car is practically the cheapest.

However, because of its license plate, the other car slightly slowed down as if wanting Isabel's car to enter first.

There were even security guards who came and helped direct the way.

In the end, it stopped at a corner which was clearly a dedicated parking lot.

The two men quickly got out to open the car doors.

Arthur went down first, he then glanced towards the entrance of the building.

A middle-aged woman with curly chestnut hair came out of it, walking towards Isabel's car with curved lips.

She is quite eye-catching with her very luxurious red dress.

Although her body is not very tall, her figure is really charming because of her slender waist and plump buttocks.

Several men looked like they wanted to whistle at her but they held back because behind her, several large bodyguards were following.

"Isabel!" She called out to Isabel with open arms. Arriving in front of her, she instantly hugged her, kissing her cheek before looking her up and down.

"I didn't expect you to come to my party, it seems that there will be blessings pouring down on this restaurant," she said.

The people around them immediately took an interest in them, many were talking about Isabel because every one of them knew who she was.

"Ohh?" The woman, Anna, glanced at Arthur who was approaching them.

"He's my nephew, Arthur..." Isabel immediately introduced Arthur.

"So he's your nephew?" Isabel's gaze traveled from Arthur's face to his feet and back to his. Her lips pressed together for a moment before curving into a smile.

She continued while looking at Isabel, "Your Wilson family does have superior DNA."

Isabel smiled faintly at her compliment. She then said to Arthur "she's Anna, my schoolmate, if you want to know who owns the most restaurants in this vity then she's the one."

Arthur's reaction naturally didn't change much, he gave the woman a light nod without saying anything. And he did it without giving the impression that he was embarrassed to speak. People who saw him were made to think that he just didn't speak because he felt it was unnecessary.

Of course, Anna was surprised because she didn't remember any young people behaving like that in front of her. No matter how ruffian or how high their status was, they usually acted like a child in awe of her.

"Why don't you greet me?" She asked, unable to contain her curiosity.

Arthur calmly replied "I already did..." His earlier nod could be considered as a greeting.

Anna, being an intelligent woman understood that, and this made her not know whether to laugh or cry. In the end, she looked at Isabel who only smiled at Arthur's behavior.

"Isabel, I think you have some mistakes in educating your nephew," she said.

"Where are the mistake points?" Isabel asked. "Or are you saying that being arrogant to the weak and fawning over the strong is the proper way of education?"

Her words this time made some people almost flinch. It is common knowledge that it is the culture of the elite, something that everyone knows but no one says.

Anna cleared her throat softly, looking around a bit worriedly. There were some high status guests, if Isabel kept talking about their bad culture there might be an uproar.

She said, "Come on, Mrs. Isabel, please come in and enjoy our restaurant."

She pretended to be formal so Isabel laughed sarcastically.

After that, Arthur and Isabel followed Anna into the restaurant building.

21