22. Before Going Home
442 1 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The party was all about the food, there wasn't anything like dancing and such. Up to an hour, the guests were only served with food and drinks which were too delicious so no one complained about their weight.

It ends with the distribution of membership cards where each card can be used to eat once.

Even Arthur got one card.

When the party was over, Arthur came down before his aunt. The latter still had something she was talking about with Anna and the others.

Waiting for her, he stood beside the car by himself playing on his cell phone. The two men escorting his aunt sat not far away. Many other guests passed in front of him and they looked at him curiously but were too shy to say hello.

The situation lasted until Amanda and two of her subordinates passed by. They stopped while Arthur who was playing with his phone stared at them.

"Tomorrow, I'll pick you up, let's exchange cellphone numbers first," Amanda said, showing her cell phone to Arthur.

She seems to be talking about buying Tigers.

Arthur knew that she wanted to test him, which he liked because it was simpler than being taken care of by Bella. At least he didn't need to display magic to start cooperating with her.

He then told her his cell number.

After that, Amanda texted him.

However, she didn't leave right away.

While surveying his figure, she said, "I've seen someone tame a tiger, it was a man who had such a large body that he could throw the tiger with his fist..."

Her gaze glanced at his wrist for a moment as she continued, "Barring something beyond miracles, I can't think of a way you could tame a wild tiger, let alone several."

"It's not about strength," Arthur replied.

In fact, he didn't need to use force to tame them, it was enough just to touch their heads.

"Indeed there are several theories, but in practice, no one has ever succeeded, they are not small cats that cannot eat humans," said Amanda.

"It's not about theory either," replied Arthur.

"You?" Lin beside Amanda spontaneously pointed her hand at Arthur. "Stop toying with us with words, you better tell us how. We adults can understand if you're just boasting and we won't force you to do something dangerous."

"I'm sure I look more mature here, — little miss." Arthur answered and glanced at her without really caring about her attitude.

Amanda and Kaiya almost laughed after hearing his words while Lin subconsciously took a step back. The way Arthur addressed her seemed to shock her mentally.

"Ehmm!" Kaiya cleared her throat and said, "Lin, I think you need to calm down, I suddenly feel like you're the younger one here."

Lin, "..."

Right after that, Isabel finally came. She was slightly surprised when she saw Amanda.

With a strange smile, she said to her. "It's surprising to see you're still here, is there anything you need from my nephew?"

During the party, they didn't talk, but that didn't mean they weren't getting along. As the leader of several large companies in Vera City, Amanda had dealings with Isabel quite often.

Maybe their relationship wasn't always great because there was some point where they disagreed with each other.

"Your nephew is enough to make me curious, Mrs. Isabel. I just want to know more," Amanda answered calmly.

"Tsk! Tsk! Just now Yueli said an eastern saying; that a woman who is curious about a man is not far from falling in love. Amanda Nelson, you wouldn't fall in love with my nephew, would you? A man ten years younger than you."

Amanda involuntarily blinked at Isabel's words. She glanced at Arthur, but of course, she didn't take the saying seriously. Sue replied, "please don't joke Mrs. Isabel, I may not have any experience in love, but I still know how to choose a man to marry. It's certainly not a young man my younger sister's age."

"Is that so? But don't worry, I don't mind if you really fall in love with my nephew. As long as you're an obedient wife, of course."

"Hahaha, I'm sure you're kidding Mrs. Isabel!"

Amanda might not be comfortable talking to Isabel because momentum-wise, she's a bit lacking. In the end, she asked permission to leave.

20