23. Surprises
642 3 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Arthur went straight to his room, which was on the second floor. All the rooms were there because the first floor was often the meeting place between his aunt and her subordinates.

He locked the room door and locked all the windows.

After making sure there were no more gaps, he climbed into bed.

"I wonder if there are magus here?" He said but didn't really think about it.

After sitting on the bed, he closed his eyes.

"The world is mine...!" He spoke again which became quieter with time.

Starting over with countless spells in his head, he would naturally choose the best spell.

This was called the World Creation Spell, a Divine Spell, something very unique in that with it, he could instantly transform his spiritual energy into whatever element he wanted.

The good thing was, he had already mastered this incantation in its early stages so he could focus on forming his Spiritual Core.

A tremor appeared around it, it looked like there was an earthquake but it only occurred in the air so it didn't affect anything.

Faintly, different colored lights appeared around him. They came from various directions, surrounding him before entering his body through his pores.

They headed for his stomach, then slowly condensed.

'It might take me two hours to form this Spiritual Core,' he thought.

Spells have several levels, the highest level known to the general public is the Great Spell. Like the World Creation Spell that was at the Divine level was something that only existed in legends.

One of the advantages of the Divine Spell over the spells below it was that it could directly form the Spiritual Core once you mastered it, in contrast to other spells, where the formation of the Spiritual Core had to be done in stages. Depending on the level of the spell, higher ones have fewer stages.

Once a Spiritual Core is formed, you are basically considered an Apprentice Magus, which in comparison to mortals, you can already slaughter a hundred people.

Next is connecting the Core to the soul in addition to increasing its energy. At this stage, you are already an Official Magus even if it's only the first stage. Your strength reaches levels unimaginable for humans, even able to see with their eyes closed.

Arthur's understanding of the World Creation Spell was far beyond that stage, so after becoming an Apprentice Magus, he could basically become an Official Magus right away.

Only, the process of getting there did take time because the energy required was enormous and he couldn't do it in a hurry or it would damage his Spiritual Core.

With Earth's condition, maybe he needed a potion.

30 minutes!

40 minutes!

He was continuously absorbing spiritual energy into his body and at this moment, there was a colorful light emitting out from within his stomach.

It released pressure that vibrated the air.

After 100 minutes, the light grew enormous, filling Arthur's room.

If Carla approached his room now, she would definitely feel something mysterious from there.

"Mmm!" Then, he opened his eyes.

Usually, they were green, but this time, there were various colors and they kept changing.

At the same time, he opened his mouth and something then came out from there.

It was like a crystal, composed of various colors.

Arthur's eyes narrowed as he saw that, which was his Spiritual Core.

'Really very strong, the energy is suitable for everything, even increasing physical strength, speed, and vitality,' he said to himself.

He stood up, sending the Core back into his stomach.

Phew!

He sighed, letting his body calm down. All the light in his eyes also disappeared.

But then, he punched the air with his fist.

BANG!

It produced a light bang sound, causing the air to vibrate. It might seem simple, but a punch that vibrated the air could basically blow even a bull's head off.

He jumped after that and managed to touch the ceiling of his room which was about 3.5 meters high.

"Looks like it's getting late," he said as he looked at the clock on the wall.

It is time for dinner, his aunt should be back home. If he still didn't come out, she would probably call him.

Again, he thought about whether to tell her and after thinking about it, that was indeed a better choice.

However, he didn't go out right away, he went to the bathroom first. His body was covered in sweat right now, so it would look bad if he came out like that.

He took a shower for about 5 minutes, which was quite a rush then put on new clothes, long jeans and a black T-shirt.

Looking at his face in the mirror, he noticed a slight difference.

For a man, he could be considered very handsome, having slightly curly blond hair.

The only drawback may be that he looks weak physically because he rarely exercises. However, after becoming a magus, there was a different aura about him.

Even though he still looked weak, he didn't give off the feeling of being weak. Plus with his confident expression, people who saw him would definitely think he was the leader in his circle of friends.

When he came out of his room, he found Carla coming.

"What happened to you, two hours in the room?" She asked.

In times like now, Arthur was usually out occasionally, so it wasn't strange for Carla to be suspicious. Maybe she thought something bad had happened to him.

In response to her words, Arthur smiled, a sight that surprised Carla as his face was usually flat almost all the time.

"Carla, have you ever seen a miracle?" He answered with a question.

"What do you mean?" Asked Carla again.

"I'll show you below," Arthur answered as he took a step.

When he passed her, he touched her head and stroked her blonde hair, making her almost jump in surprise.

"Y-you," she said.

'Did he just hit his head?' She wondered and took a step seeing he had started down the stairs.

The dining table is downstairs, directly behind the living room. It was quite big, had ten seats.

A woman with shoulder-length blonde hair sat in the main chair.

She appears to be in her early 30s, has green eyes and a face similar to Carla's except that it is mature.

Her body was slim and tall while her skin was fair.

Dressed in long jeans, a white shirt, having a relaxed and calm demeanor, she easily gave off the impression that she was a reliable woman.

Of course, the reality is like that. Years of living as a single mother and then becoming the congresswoman of the richest continent on earth, one big city might only have one woman like this.

She glanced at Arthur who had just arrived.

At first, she might just want to stare for a while, the usual thing you do when other people come over.

However, Arthur's smile and his seemingly very structured pace made her unable not to stare at him for a moment longer.

"Aunt!" Arthur stopped beside her and called out to her.

Under her confused gaze, he bowed slightly, then hugged her.

The woman, Isabel opened her mouth with a frozen expression. This was even more exaggerated since usually, Arthur was the type to always avoid that kind of body contact.

Of course, she didn't resist a hug from him, she just looked into his eyes and said, "has a ghost possessed you, Arthur?"

"That's something more than a ghost," Arthur replied as he let go of the hug.

When he saw his aunt, he felt his heart tremble. The longing he had buried long ago for this woman who raised him surfaced again, making him unable to resist hugging her.

He may have outlived Earth's history so that he could think of anyone on this earth as a little baby, but no matter who you are, you can't possibly view someone who raised you the same way you view anyone else.

"Mom, I think we need to take him to a mental hospital, I really believe there is something wrong with his head," said Carla who had just arrived.

18