(Vol2)72. A Bloody Outside
1.6k 3 161
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

================================== 

20 minutes ago... 

==================================

"Hooo..." I slowly open my eyes to find a whirlpool of mana swirling around me. 

The cold no longer bothers me; It feels comfortable being surrounded by immense mana. 

My skin gleams from a mere light and I feel rather refreshed and energetic. 

My body feels like a bridge. If I allow it, mana passes through easily and stops when I close. 

Mana accedes when my focus spikes, feeling everything around including the condition of my body. 

I pull off my face mask and pull down my fringe to see white strands of hair. My new appearance indicates a successful metamorphosis. I don't need the face mask now. 

-------------------

Manafication complete! 

Congratulations! The player has rebuilt his body into a superior one using an unknown technique. 

Atk +30 

Def +30 

Dex +30 

Mag +50 

Mana Recovery Rate +100%

New Title: 

Pioneer of Manafication 

Mana Sense level up!

3->4 

A new class is available! 

-Arcane Marksman 

Upon changing classes, former class skills learnt will be forgotten and mastery retained. 

-------------------

-------------------

Name: Samuel Turner(Alias: Arsto)

Title: Warrior Spirit

Class: Marksman

Lvl: 105

Hp:1200/1200

Mana: 1000/1000

Atk: 87.61(92.61)[+]

Def: 111.74(121.74)[+]

Dex: 67.51(77.51)[+]

Mag: 201.5

Luck: 70[+]

Free stats: 69

Skills:

[Marksman]

-Bullet Hell(lvl1)

-Full Focus(lvl 1)

-Cooking(lvl1)

-Throwing(lvl1)

-Potion Brewing(lvl1)

Passive:

-Luck(lvl 2)

-Beast Hunter(lvl max)

-Mana Sense(lvl 4)

-Pain Resistance(lvl 1)

-Mental Resistance(lvl 1)

-Demonic Immunity(lvl 3)

-Great Demonic Affinity(lvl max)

-Eyes of Analysis(lvl max)

Blessings:

-Fairy

Turner Bloodline awakened 

--------------------- 

I stare at my status screen with satisfaction. I am growing significantly faster than I ever did. 

Around my position are torrents of blood stains on the ground. I almost lost track of time due to the immense suffering. 

I bow to the statues. "I apologize for dirtying your sacred abode. I wish I could stay behind to clean but I do not have the time."

Looking at Jon, his training is near complete. A firm barrier of mana concentrates around him and has taken physical form. Even I cannot push the mana near as if I'm trying to insert needles into a diamond. 

I walk to the bags at the corner of the temple and try to retrieve a change of clothes. 

*RIP* 

With just a light tug, the bag rips apart. 

"W-What...?" I mumble with my brows raised. 

I barely used any strength in that grip...?

...

Taking a deep breath, I relax my arm and use no strength to grip the clothing in the bag. 

I can only blame myself for this, too fast growth has consequences and I have to accept them. 

As I sit and munch on food beside the bag, I open the harbinger chest. 

--------------------- 

Please choose from the following: 

1. Harbinger Revolver of Death

2. Harbinger Spear of Gluttony 

3. Harbinger Sword of Greed 

4. Harbinger Staff of Wrath

----------------------

----------------------

The player has chosen Harbinger Revolver of Death.

----------------------

Alright, I will check this later. Now then, let's think about the situation. 

The game's difficulty has spiked to an unforeseen level. Why? Because of me? 

I understand the demon army 5 months ago but Haren's appearance...what the hell? 

In addition, the Insanity Ritual that Haren will use requires a Dragon's Heart sacrifice. Where did he get-

...

Wait...

My thoughts fly back to when I first arrive in this world, the dragon Iskaris crashed and forced me into the dungeon. Before its dive, it was crying in pain... 

After that, there was no news of Iskaris ever again. That never happened before. Because so many things happened, it slipped through my mind. 

What's going on? 

...

Something is different in this timeline... 

"Uh...sorry, are you Arsto?"  Jon says, standing before me. 

"Ah! Uh...yeah. This appearance is proof of my success." I reply with a smile. 

"Oh. You look stunning." 

"Thanks. What about you?"  

A translucent blue engulfs Jon. 

-----------------------

Jon

Age:16 

Level: 58

Title: Slow Learner

Class: Mage

Hp: 5000/5000

Mana:590

Atk: 28

Def: 19

Dex: 28

Mag:50

Luck:99

Skills:

-Treasure Magnet(lvl max)

-Mana Sense[Defensive](lvl 1)

Favourability: 60

----------------------- 

His Mana Repel evolved into a type of Mana Sense, Impressive! 

----------------------- 

Your new appearance captivated Jon. 

+1 favourability. 

-----------------------

...

"Good job. We still have some time, let's practise." I say. 

Despite my high magic stats, I do not know how to cast magic. The only thing the magic stats affect is the power of mana I unleash and control. 

Three blue energy arrows materialize mid-air. Jon nods and braces for impact. 

I shoot the arrows at Jon. 

*POP!* 

Once it hits his skin, it immediately dissipates. 

By no means were the arrows weak with my 200 magic stats. 

For a few minutes, barrages of arrows from different angles fly at Jon. None managed to hurt Jon. 

"Alright. We are somewhat ready...Pack our stuff,  we are leaving soon."

----------------------- 

Main Mission Failed. 

Penalty: Descend of the Apocalypse. 

----------------------- 

----------------------- 

A Main Mission has been created! 

Praise the God of Death. For he sheds light on the path of darkness to nirvana. 

Everything will return to death. 

Nothing can escape death. 

Run. 

-----------------------

Heh, speaking of the devil. 

I take out the communication orb and pass my message to my group. 

"Done?" I ask Jon. "Yes...Why do we need so many supplies? We still have a large portion of leftovers."

"You will see. Anyways, hand me those candles in your pouch." 

"Ah, okay."  

I take the candle and walk to the statue in the middle of the room. Beneath it are small little cups big enough to fit candles. I place the candle inside and take some fruits from the bag as an offering. Afterwards, both Jon and I now to the statue. 

------------------------

The "?????" is satisfied with your visit. He will disregard your preceding insolence. 

3 days of blessing protection from an unknown god have been acquired. 

------------------------

"Alright, let's go," I say.

We head for the door and pushes it open. 

------------------------ 

Dungeon Departure. 

Rank: nil 

------------------------

...

Jon and I were teleported outside of the dungeon to be met with a mutilated corpse at the doorway. 

!!!

Jon instinctively gags at the bloody pulp of the mess. Brains and intestines splattered all around. 

From the corpse, this person had many cuts and fractures, probably tortured before being smashed to death. 

"W-What is this...?" Jon asks. 

"He tried to escape using the dungeon. Unfortunately, we were inside so he couldn't enter." I reply. 

I brush across the pile of meat to find a uniform. It's a general. 

The hole leading to the dungeon is busted wide open. Bloody footsteps leading outside can be seen. 

I gesture for Jon to follow me as we leave. 

We are immediately greeted by a messy wrecked room with several holes in the ceiling. The suffocating smell of blood and fire contaminates the air. 

The ceiling reveals a crimson-red sky with no clouds. 

I sigh. "It has begun." 

161