(Vol2)75. Apocalypse(3)
1.5k 6 151
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I leap aside as the powerful energy shockwave rips through the air, destroying whatever is behind me. 

Gastwell pulls back his fist again. Instead of running away, I sprint at Gastwell. His grin widens as he throws another punch. 

*BOOOOOOOOOOM!!* 

I dodge before it hits me and sends a bullet at Gastwell, he blocks with his gauntlet as I slide behind, slashing.  

*Ching!* 

Tch. 

Gastwell's reflex was fast enough to block my second attack. 

I jump back to create some distance before Gastwell smashes the ground. 

The floor crumbles and explodes, killing everything around him. 

When the dust clears up, I am nowhere to be seen. 

"Where are you?! Don't run away! NOOOO!! "  Gastwell exclaims. 

...

"Huff huff..." 

I hide in a building to recover my energy. 

Two hundred of my mana recovers every minute so I need five minutes. Nonetheless, such an attack can't scratch Gastwell if he blocks with his gauntlet. Judging from the golden blue design, it's probably legendary gear. 

How can I defeat him... 

Although he is slow, his spontaneous attacks and extreme reaction time make up for it. 

It won't do much when I get a hit in too. 

In the darkness, I tap the floor impatiently.

Voices of crazed bastard echo from every corner of the town. A few runs past my hiding spot laughing. 

I shift my position and my hand touches a cold liquid. I assume it is blood, shaking my hand to get some off. However, it sticks to my skin and slowly drips to the ground. 

"What?" I mumble. "A viscous liquid?" 

Mana gathers around my hand for illumination. 

Because of the bloody smell and darkness, I failed to notice I am inside a wrecked potion shop. A corpse in the corner has shades of grey, blue,  and green on the skin with shards of glass embedded. It's poison. The killer poured every kind of poison and threw the empty glass bottles at the victim. 

"Poison huh..."

...That's right! 

His physique may be tough but poison negates it. 

---------------------

Weakness found: 

-Poison 

---------------------

The rummaged store has barely any usable potions left, most of which are healing potions. I take some for Lily and future use. 

Hmm...

The storage room at the back is in a mess. The shelves were destroyed, and bottles of liquid split creating weird colour puddles and pungent vomit-inducing monstrosity. Yet, the cabinet with herbs mostly stays untouched. 

...

I can whip up something but it won't be something extraordinary. Rena's knowledge is mine and she is not an alchemist. Even so...I can get an advantage.

Maybe I can dull his senses. Should I make a Mind Corrupt potion? I grab the necessary ingredients and find small vials and a wooden stick. Then, I dump the herbs into the vials before mashing them and then adding small bits of water, mixing the contents by stirring it a little. I add mana circulation to speed the process and enhance the quality, the water absorbs the herbs and glows.

---------------------

+3 Mind Corrupt Potion(poor)

---------------------

After taking what I need, I leave the potion shop to find a woman covered in blood on the floor outside still alive. 

"P-Please help..." She mumbles to me with her arm extended out. 

...

A smile widens. "Heh..."

I draw my sword and cuts the woman into two, the worms within her body spills to the ground. Many infected ran past the store just now and didn't attack her indicating her infection. These bastards are getting smarter...

Jumping into the air and landing on a roof, I search through the forsaken nightmare of a town and manage to find Gastwell. He bashes everything around him including infected out of annoyance. 

"Where did that meat sack go?!!! ARGHHHH! DAMN IT!!!" He screams.

"Hey!"

Gastwell turns around and looks up to be met with my sword. 

*PSSSTTT!!!* 

A stream of blood sprays out as I manage to cut through his right eye to his ear.

"ARGHHHHH!!!" He screams in pain. 

I land behind him in the crowd of infected that tries to attack me but Gastwell's haphazard swinging swipes everything aside. 

"Ugh..." I groan as my body is fling into a building with the infected behind me cushioning the impact.

Gastwell glares at me in rage. "You can't run away now!!!!"

He leaps at me with his gauntlet clenched beside his hip. His slow attack allows me to step aside as he goes for an uppercut. 

*BOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!* 

An explosive shockwave ejects into the sky.

Yet that attack left his body defenceless,  I take that chance and throws all three vials at his face. 

*PINGGG!* 

The weird liquid splashes onto his face, entering through his nose, mouth, and eyes. 

"W-What?! What the hell is this?"  Gastwell grasps his face and throws to rub the substance off which only pushes more of it into his body. 

I jump away before he smashes the ground again. 

"Fuck! Stop jumping annoying cunt!" Gastwell says. 

He immediately throws another punch as I use a pole to jump away. Another punch, another dodge. The cycle repeats for a while until Gastwell stumbles. 

!

The small instance when Gastwell slips up, he is instantly met with me sliding under, my barrel aimed at his face. 

*BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!* 

The large energy beam shoots into the sky leaving only a pair of charred legs and the gauntlets. 

"Huff huff huff..."

--------------------- 

+1 Million Exp 

Level up! 

105->106 

+1 free stat

--------------------- 

---------------------

Fist Cannon(Legendary)

Type: Gauntlet 

Durability: 4328/90000 

+50 Atk 

Special Effect: 

-The gauntlet can defend against superior magic. 

A Gauntlet tailored to fit Gastwell's niche stats and attack patterns. 

---------------------

Haha...Great! I can give this to Jon. 

I look at the rest of the infected. They hesitate anxiously, staying at a distance from me. 

"Oh? You guys still can feel fear?" I ask with a grin. 

I walk one step nearer and they move one step back. 

I frown and grip my sword. "Oi. What's wrong?"

Every infected in sight jolts and escapes. I chase after the horde and kill as many as I can. 

151