(Vol2)76. Source
2k 5 157
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As countless explosions bombard the background, Jon can only avoid the infected and find his way to the tavern with a huge bag. 

Some infected did find him but he was able to fend them off. 

Reaching the tavern invoked anxiety, it is wrecked and destroyed. Windows and furniture broke with splattered blood. 

Luckily the barrel atop a trapdoor is still intact. Jon moves the barrel aside and knocks on the trapdoor and whispers "It's me, Jon." 

The trapdoor opens a little. Liam looks through the gap and swings the door open. "Jon? Come in! Quickly!"

Jon throws the bag down the hole and jumps in. Liam looks around before pulling the barrel over the trapdoor. 

Beneath the tavern is a dusty space with shelves of storage and several lamps. 

Lily lies on a mattress in the corner. Jon runs to her. 

"Is she alright?" 

"No...Lily managed to stop the bleeding herself but..." Liam says. 

Lily's face is as red as an apple and her breathing is uneven; Her body feels hot. 

The pain and damage impeded her healing abilities. 

Jon gulps helplessly. 

He clenches his fist and curses in his mind about how useless he is. 

"Uhm...I can probably try to circulate mana..." says Jon as he walks to Lily. Liam grabs his arm.

"Stick to what you do best." 

"What?" 

Liam tilts his head in the direction of the children. All of them cower together in fear of the chaos. 

Jon stares at the children and nods. He goes to them and calms them down, the children surround Jon and hug him. 

After a few hours, everyone noticed the silence above ground. Creaks of footsteps ring from the wood above. 

Liam goes for his sword and ready himself.

*BAM!* 

The barrel above the trapdoor topples.

The trapdoor swings open and Liam thrusts his sword out. 

"Woah woah!" I back off from the trapdoor. "Calm down, it's me." 

"A-Arsto! I'm sorry."

I jump into the room and look around. It's bleak. Seeing Lily's condition, I take out the potions from my ring and walk to her. 

Her weak eyes open with a smile. "S-Sir..." She tries to say. I place the glass vial against her lips. 

*Gulp gulp gulp* 

Next, I take out another potion and pour it on her bloody wound. The liquid seeps into the body and glows, and the skin extends and connects itself. 

Her clenched expression soothes into a relaxing countenance. 

I stand up and brush my hand. Liam stands behind me unfazed by the red shower on my body. 

"Lily...she was supposed to be away, no?  Why is she here?"  I ask Liam. 

"She simply came back to visit with a friend she made."

"A friend?" 

A woman I've never seen before steps up and bows to me. Bandages wrapped around her blue long hair and arms. 

"I am Liz Tusk. It's an honour to meet you...I've heard a lot about you from Lily."  She extends her hand out, trembling from the blood and trying to look at me with her amber eyes. 

I glance at Liam. He hands me a towel and I dry my arms before grabbing her hand. 

"Nice to meet you. Sorry about this...blood." I say. 

Liz nods frantically. "N-No, it's nothing." 

"Liam, do you know anyone that can inform us of the situation?" I ask. 

"Uh...I do. Give me a moment." 

Liam goes to the corner and takes out a communication orb. 

Liz looks away as I change my clothes into a clean ones and wipe the blood off my body. I still stink like a corpse and am painted red but it's better. 

"Sir Arsto! Here!"  Liam hands me the communication orb. 

"Hello?" a voice ejects from the orb. 

"Yes, Hi. I am Arsto."  I reply. 

"Oh, you are Liam's...Boss. I am Kit, nice to meet you. Ask me anything." 

What was that pause? 

"You are aware of the crazed infection, yes? What is the overall infection in Rodgof?" 

"Ah...yes...uhm, the army wants to quarantine the infection to the west of Rodgof so everyone within is...well...on their own." 

"I see. Is there any news of...the Knight of Justice, a woman with possibly black hair and blue eyes?" 

"There is! She was against the government's decision and protested. In the end, she received approval to enter and rescue whatever survivors are left. Do you know her? I think her name is Rena?" 

"She has been getting popular lately. Last question, is she coming here right now?" 

"Yes." 

...

"Alright, thank you."

I pass the orb back to Liam who instantly says "Hey hey Kit, is there any way to sneak me and the kids out?"  

"Uhm...I-"

"Please! They are injured and...afraid. You owe me and now is the time I collect it."

...

Kit sighs on the other end. 

"I will see what I can do. Go to Pole Ridge, for now, the army has set up a stronghold there." 

And the connection cuts. Pole Ridge is a small city at the border of Western Rodgof. 

As predicted, Rena is coming. But why do I have this uneasy gut feeling gnawing at my chest? 

I ponder silently leaning against the wall. 

"It's okay, everyone. We can get out of here soon," says Jon to the children. 

Originally, Haren will be at the source of this hell, the area where the red beam shoots into the sky. That used to arouse confusion because of Harran's purpose and personality. Why would he be there? He's not someone that likes to watch people kill one another... 

...

I turn to Jon. 

"Jon, change of plans."  

"What?" 

"Call your brother and meet up with him. Afterwards, find Rena and support her. I will follow Liam to Port Ridge. There's somewhere I need to go." 

Albeit curious and confused by the sudden arrangement, Jon nods. 

We set off and leave the basement to a world of gore and rivers of corpses. 

Every single corner has piles after piles of bodies stacked. Some animals have appeared to feast on the immense meat. 

"S-Sir, did you..." says Liam. 

"Yes. Most of the infected are dead." 

---------------------

Samuel Turner(Alias: Arsto)

Lvl: 121 

---------------------

157