Chapter 114: Warrior Level 11
1.4k 1 44
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“I had not thought more than one person would survive this,” said the man, watching the people leaving through the gate.
 
The plants are rushing toward the gates before stopping as the last man passed through it.
 
The plants did not touch the man with the staff standing amidst them, as if they did not sense him. 
 
He looked at the gate for a couple of seconds before turning to parts of a plant-bone humanoid, and his expression turned serious.
 
“The temple is increasing its influence more rapidly than the past two thousand years.”
 
“Is this will be the century when they will come?” he asked softly, before turning to the temple and a moment later, disappeared.
 

 
Everything turned bright again as I appeared on the other side, where over twenty people were already waiting by the gate.
 
As we appeared, they surrounded us with weapons ready.
 
“They have appeared. Healers, begin your work,” said the man, or rather the lich. The skull and green soul flames in the eye socket are rather telling.
 
He is wearing purple armor and a blue ax on his back, which is definitely an artifact.
 
The healers appeared immediately at his order. Thankfully, they are priests and not a mage healer. Navr also has churches, there are many gods in the death domain and nearly all of them have churches here.
 
They appeared and immediately cast the healing spells on us, and I have to say; they are damn comfortable.
 
“Honorable Yatsal; these two had flaring of shamasil ink?” said the middle-aged woman healing Jon and Zela.
 
“Is that something they have got in a dungeon?” he asked. “No, it seemed far older,” the woman replied, shaking her head. 
 
“Then, healing it is not our responsibility,” replied the lich with a smile.
 
Hearing that, dread appeared in the eyes of Jon and Zela. Their injuries have flared too much and spreading rapidly. If not healed quickly, it will kill them.
 
“Forgive me, Great Lich, but it is your responsibility to heal them,” I said before I could stop myself. 
 
Immediately, all the eyes fell on me, including Viscount, who was about to speak.
 
“Why do think that little human? As the healer had said, these are not injuries, they have gotten into the dungeon. So, it is not our responsibility to heal them,” asked Lich softly as he turned to me.
 
“Our diplomatic mission falls into Navr diplomatic charter, section seven, subsection three.”
 
“The security of diplomats is Navr’s responsibility; under it, any damage and injuries we suffered is also the responsibility of Navr,” I said, and the smile on Lich’s face widened.
 
I had read the laws of Navr carefully, before coming here; I didn’t think I would need to use them in such conditions.
 
“Again, this is not an injury that they have got in the dungeon. So, we have no responsibility to heal it,” he replied.
 
“You have, because their injuries had been suppressed, but the conditions they suffered inside the dungeon had made them flare out. So, it became your responsibility to heal them,” I said.
 
The lich is not unfazed by my words. 
 
“Since you are saying they were suppressed before. We will suppress them back as before,” he said and this time, it is my time to smile.
 
“Suppression wouldn’t be enough. As you are aware, once these injuries flare, even if you suppress them, they flare again quickly; the suppression will only be temporary,”
 
“Since it is conditions we have faced in the dungeon that caused the flare; only healing them fully will be complete compliance with the Navr diplomatic charter section seven, subsection three,” I said, looking directly into his eyes.
 
“That is your interpretation, but mine said, the suppression of their injuries is more than enough for compliance with the charter,” he replied with a smile.
 
“I can not force you, Great Lich, but I will be filing a protest about it in all the relevant channels,” I said and felt like I could die the next moment.
 
All the hair on my body stood up, and my heart started to beat faster. Even healer healing stopped hearing my words.
 
I had just threatened a lich. A Great Lich; a Level 40 powerhouse, who can kill me in an instant.
 
“Silver is right. Lich Yatsal, it is your Navr’s responsibility to heal all our injuries,” said Viscount, with his lips curving faintly.
 
I looked at him, thankfully.
 
“Since you are asking, Viscount Atre; I will accept your request,” said Lich and pointed his bone finger at Zela and Jon. 
 
Viscount made a statement, not a request, but nobody pointed that out. 
 
A second later, the white gemmed ring lit up, and two white rays leased from it toward Jon and Zela.
 
“Ahhhh….”
 
They scream mournfully as the rays hit them, and I nearly opened my mouth to scream at him, but stopped when I realize, Lich is not harming them.
 
The black marks over their skin and inside their bodies are burning. The treatment may be painful, but it is doing the job.
 
These injuries are quite scary that normal healers could forget to remove them. Only someone at the power of Lich could do that.
 
Two minutes and a half later, the rays disappeared, with Zela and Jon falling into unconsciousness.
 
“Thank you, Great Lich,” I thanked, he only looked at me, before turning to Viscount Atre.
 
“Viscount, I hope you and your people will hand over everything you have got in the dungeon. As you can understand, those things are corrupted. We need to destroy them as soon as possible,” said the lich.
 
My heart tightened hearing that; I picked up a few things in the dungeon. Including the cores of little abomination, which I think are very valuable.
 
If we were normal adventurers, we would have needed to hand them over with no questions asked. The state has the first right over the things found in the dungeon, but we are not adventurers, nor mercenaries, but diplomats.
 
It makes things complicated.
 
“No. Those things we have earned by fighting for our life. We will not hand them over,” said Viscount, rejecting the lich directly.
 
It made the flame in Lich’s eyes burn bright for a moment, before turning normal.
 
“Those things are corrupted, Viscount; they will be harmful to you,” said Lich, emphasizing those two words. “You do not need to worry about that, Lich Yatsal; we have our methods to purify the corruption,” he replied.
 
“As you say, Viscount,” said the Lich, with gritted teeth.
 
He is angry, but he did not press. They are already in the wrong and Viscount had kept the conversation civil, despite the things we have suffered.
 
Though Navr will have to give the answer.
 
Time passed as healers work on everyone, including Viscount. He is also injured, though, not as much as the rest of us.
 
My injuries are healing rapidly, and it is making me sleepy. I am having a hard time controlling this sleep.
 
“Honorable Yatsal, they are out of danger,” informed the woman. “Good, take them into carriages and continue with their treatment there,” he said, and immediately a few people moved.
 
They placed us on a stretcher and moved.
 
I looked around and saw an old building with high ceilings. There are even carving on the walls that looked similar to the ones on the columns.
 
Soon, we reached the carriages, which were parked inside the building. The carriages are bigger than normal carriages. They are medical carriages; they have prepared them, knowing we would come out injured.
 
Hun!
 
As we reached near carriages, I saw a surprising thing.
 
The things pulling carriages are not alive; they are dead. The bone horses are attached to the carriages; they will pull the carriages.
 
I watched them as the door of the carriages opened and they took us inside. The carriage they took me had two beds; they put sleeping Ethan in one and me in another.
 
I looked around the carriage and saw there were no windows in it. 
 
I was looking around it when the carriage begins to move, while the priests started to cast the spells again.
 
They have brought us out of danger that we could recover on our own, but they are still casting the spells and I will not reject it. The sooner I recover, the better it will be.
 
After what I had experienced, I want to be in top shape always.
 
“How long it will take us to reach Jalrux City?” I asked the priest who was healing me. 
 
“About five hours,” he replied.
 
I nodded and closed my eyes and the sleep I had been resisting took me in its embrace immediately.
 
 
Warrior Lv. 10
 
Warrior Lv. 11
 
Lawyer Lv. 10
 
Skill Gained: Swift Blade 
 
Skill Changed: Quick Steps – Rapid Legs
 
Skill Gained: Honeyed Voice 
 
When I woke up, I saw the words in front of me. I had leveled up and gained not one, but three levels. One in a class I had not thought I would get. Not to mention the skill that came with it.
 
It seemed like quoting a law in front of a hostile Lich made me level up immediately.
 
I have got three skills. Two new skills and one which advanced. The one thing that made me most excited is the attribute points.
 
Since two of my classes had reached the first capstone of Level 10, I got two attribute points. 
 
I had big plans for them, but seeing the incidents I had experienced since leaving the Greltheaven, I decided to use points on different attributes that I had decided earlier.
 
I did not use the attribute points immediately, instead opened the interface.
 

Class:

Agent of Experience (Lv. 13)

Warrior Lv. 11

Lawyer Lv. 10

Adviser Lv. 5

Charisma:

12

Intelligence:

10

Vitality:

7

Strength:

8

Skills:

·     Trustful Presence

·     Goods Sense

·     Contract

·     Torch for Seeker

·     Consecutive Strikes

·     Rapid Steps

·     Fast Reading

·     Price Is Right

·     Weighted Strike

·     Lawful Suggestions

·     Sure Foot

·     Sight Through Veil

·     Persuasion

·     Every Ear Listens To My Words

·     Swift Blade

·     Honeyed Voice

Attribute Points:

2

 
Of the four classes, I have three had three above level 10, and it hasn’t been even a year.
 
This is a quite fast leveling speed. Normally, people take a year or more to reach the Level 10.
 
Well, normal people didn’t experience the events I did in the past couple of months. I had nearly died more times than I could count.
 
Still, I need to be careful about taking any more classes. It slows down the leveling.
 
There is a saying, all classes confluence if you take them high enough; I don’t want to test it.
 
I looked at my skill list and couldn’t help but notice one thing. I have three classes of similar flavor: Lawful Suggestion, Persuasion, and Honeyed Words.
 
I could even add a Trustful Presence in them, but it is a passive skill.
 
All three are from the same stream. Though they work a little differently, with the limitation of their classes. If I can use all three breaking their class restrictions, I will have a wonderful thing in my hand.
 
It will not be easy, but I will do it. I had done it with Fast Reading. Though, doing it with these three will be quite hard.
 
Seeing these charm skills, I wanted to add attribute points to charm. I had decided to use it in charm, till it reached fifteen, but now, I have changed my mind after what I had experienced.
 
So, with a heavy heart, I added one attribute point to vitality and the other to strength.
 
Immediately, I felt the change in me. I felt a power coursing through my tired body and the tiredness I am feeling rapidly disappeared.

Class:

Agent of Experience Lv. 13

Warrior Lv. 11

Lawyer Lv. 10

Adviser Lv. 5

Charisma:

12

Intelligence:

10

Vitality:

8

Strength:

9

Skills:

·     Trustful Presence

·     Goods Sense

·     Contract

·     Torch for Seeker

·     Consecutive Strikes

·     Rapid Steps

·     Fast Reading

·     Price Is Right

·     Weighted Strike

·     Lawful Suggestions

·     Sure Foot

·     Sight Through Veil

·     Persuasion

·     Every Ear Listens To My Words

·     Swift Blade

·     Honeyed Voice

Attribute Points:

0

Visit Patreon for Advanced Chapters.

44