Chapter 122: Your Brother Is Dead
1.3k 4 47
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“What a night it was; I don’t think I could forget it even if I want to,” said Robin and sighed as reached our suits.
 
“It was really memorable,” I said, remembering the time in Mirage. No wonder people are crazy about it. I too would like to visit again, but it wouldn’t be possible with the time we have.
 
Tomorrow is the last day of negotiations, but we aren’t leaving tomorrow.
 
Viscount will finish with the day after tomorrow and after recent experiences. It would be wise to leave with a powerful person as the Viscount.
 
I will try to finish tomorrow early as possible; I have to do sightseeing and also some light shopping. Most of it had been done by Ina, and she had done a fantastic job.
 
There is also a party I have to attend in the city hall, where all the important people are invited.
 
“Good night, Remus,” said Robin as he reached for his suit. “Good night,” I replied.
 
A second later, he opened the door and walked inside his suit. 
 
Stone was standing by my door and as I appeared in front of it, he opened it. I nodded a thank you and went inside. Not before noticing the big, enchanted sword on his back.
 
In the morning, I have given Ina, the saber I had got in the dungeon. To exchange it for the sword that Stone like.
 
She would have needed to pay something extra, for the big size, but it is nowhere near the price, I would have needed to pay for the new enchanted sword.
 
I felt relieved seeing the enchanted sword on his back. It will make him more deadly, and I will be better protected.
 
As I went inside, I saw Ina sitting in the room. She nearly stood up before stopping herself. I had asked her to not stand up, every time I walked into the room.
 
There is no need for her to do that when we are alone.
 
“How was it?” I asked as I took a seat in front of her; barely holding back my questions.
 
“All seven of them had transferred the payment, and I have made a deal with the Axel Emporium.” 
 
“All that remained is you signing these documents to complete the deal.” She said and pushed the papers in front of me.
 
I took them and read them carefully, not missing a single word or line. The more I read, the more impressed I have become.
 
She had just made the deal worth three-hundred and twenty-million crowns. We are buying the liquor, not for us, but for the seven stores in the Greltheaven and they have already transferred 60% of the money for it.
 
This trip is a great opportunity, and I am not going to let it go to waste. As I said, I want a share of the pie and I will have it.
 
Liquor is the best business I could tap into. No big players made a play covertly or openly for it, which gave me the opportunity to move unhesitantly at it. 
 
The connection I had made with the Axel Emporium also helped a lot.
 
Yesterday, I asked Ina to contact all the liquor wholesalers in Greltheaven and state the prices of Navr’s liquor; we are willing to get it for them, and seven responded immediately.
 
With this deal, I will earn a profit of 15% and it is after all the taxes and all. 
 
It will be forty-eight million crowns, a massive amount.
 
This money will help me a lot, in paying loans and fastening the construction of the project. 
 
I want the girls to have their own space, to live and learn. The establishment is not a good place to learn. It is for business and should be used for business only.
 
If this deal goes smoothly, many of such deals will come; bigger than it, and I want it all before others claim it.
 
“The delivery will happen in two to three weeks?” I asked after I finished reading it all. “Yes, the store wants all the regulations finalized between the two cities before they sent the goods to us,” she replied.
 
It is wise; as the deals between the two cities may have been signed, but it will few more days for them to into effect.
 
I nodded and signed the contract.
 
This deal may have been devised by me, but it is she who completed it and did it without a flaw. To be honest, I am kind of shocked by the speed and efficiency with which she had done it.
 
It is a good thing; I intervened as little as possible. It helped me see her real capabilities.
 
“You have done a great job,” I said to her, as I finished signing the documents and adding my contract skill to it.
 
“Thank you for giving me a chance,” she said, with her voice heavy with emotion.
 
I smiled at her and also at myself for finding this gem. If trained well with trust, she will be an incredible asset.
 
Soon, she left with the contract, while I walked to my room and stripped off all my clothes before walking into the shower. I do not feel as dirty as before I went to the mirage, but I want to take a shower.
 
Half an hour later, I walked out of the shower and changed into comfortable clothes.
 
If I had not gone to the mirage, I would have fallen asleep already, but I am not tired and thus decided to prepare a little for tomorrow.
 
I read through all and note down a few ideas before finally sleeping an hour later.
 
The next day, I woke early at my usual time, nearly dawn. I quickly freshened up and changed into the practice clothes, before walking out of my suit.
 
Hun!
 
Immediately, I was surprised. As it is not, Stone is at the door, but Jon, who had been resting with Zela.
 
“You should have rested a little more,” I said to him. “I am nearly recovered, Mister Silver. The rest of the recovery does not require me to rest,” he said, and I did not say further.
 
Though, I have to say he looked good, much better than I have seen him the first time. 
 
There is more life in his eyes than before.
 
I reached the elevator and stepped inside and a few seconds later; I stepped out. A minute later, I had reached the place where I practice; four guards were already waiting for me there.
 
Stone refused to practice with me, saying he does not know how to hold back. So, I am practicing with these guards.
 
They are good; I have practiced my two new skills with them.
 
I was about to call them when an idea came to my mind, and I turned to Jon. 
 
“Jon, interested in a little spar?” I asked him. “Sure, mister Silver,” he replied to my surprise. 
 
It is not the first time I had asked him; I had asked him before when I practiced with the instructor David, but like Stone, he had refused.
 
I don’t know what happened to change his mind, but I am glad he did.
 
I have not fought with the rogue; instructor David had a few rogue skills, but he was not a true rogue. He was a warrior, a mercenary before he became an instructor.
 
The real rogue is different; I have seen how Jon fights in a dungeon, and it is amazing.
 
He went to the weapon rack and picked up the weapon. A dagger.
 
Despite the weapon being a practice weapon, I couldn’t help but shudder when he took it. In his hand, anything is a weapon. He could even kill me without it.
 
“Ready, mister Silver?” he asked. “Yes,” I replied and before I could even finish the sentence, he disappeared and appeared in front of me, before attacking.
 
Targeting my neck.
 
I got surprised, but it did not stop me from reacting. Seeing his attack, I responded immediately with Swift Blade.
 
My sword moved toward him fast, but he avoided it almost effortlessly and the thing is, his speed is not greater than mine. It seemed even slower, but his dagger avoided my sword easily, and came at me.
 
“First hit,” he said as the blade of his dagger touched my neck.
 
I smiled, and we started again, and he overpowered me, despite using a similar level of strength, but I did not mind. 
 
It is for this purpose; I am fighting with him.
 
I have to learn to fight and win against the enemies stronger than me.
 
It is due to such practice; I could survive the dungeon, while those stronger than me died. I need to keep practicing, and keep improving; it is the only way I will survive in this dangerous world.
 
If it had been up to me, I would have used this time to read books. I would have finished a lot of them, but if I had done that, I would have been dead on the island.
 
Old Remus has the gift and even if I don’t like it, I will use it. 
 
Surviving is the most important thing; only by doing that, I will be able to fulfill all my dreams.
 
Hun!
 
“Hit!” Jon said, and his dagger hit me like a hammer, sending me flying to the ground. 
 
I remained there for a minute before slowly getting up.
 
“I think it is enough for today,” I said. Two hours had passed since we have been sparring; it was quite a spar, that I was able to stop, only six among the hundreds of attacks Jon launched on me.
 
He used a strength equal to mine, but beat me so thoroughly that I could barely stand.
 
There is a vast difference in the skills between us; that couldn’t be surmounted easily.
 
Jon had fought in Vris’alud. In a matter of a few years, a common rogue had transformed into a sharp blade that could cut the foes like grass.
 
I wanted to rest a little, but I pushed myself toward the mansion. Each step is filled with pain, but I bore it as I climbed the stairs of the mansion.
 
Jon quietly followed behind me; he did not offer me help and I appreciate it. I am quite capable of reaching my suit on my own.
 
“Adviser Silver,”
 
Soon, I reached the elevator and was about to take a step inside it when a familiar voice called me.
 
“Yes, Joseph?” I asked the guard. 
 
“Lord Lancel has summoned you to his office. It is an emergency,” he said, and I wanted to curse loudly, but I bore it and smile.
 
“Sure,” I said with gritted teeth and begin to walk toward Lancel’s office.
 
It is painful to match his pace, but I did it with gritted teeth and soon reached the office.
 
“Lord Lancel is waiting for you,” said Secretary. I nodded and pushed the door, before walking inside.
 
“My lord,” I greeted and bowed, despite being painful.
 
“Were you training, Remus?” he asked, looking at me from up to down. “Yes, my lord,” I replied while looking at Lancel. 
 
He seemed very happy but is intentionally making his face somber.
 
He is not that hard to read when his emotions are high.
 
“I have bad news, Remus,” said Lancel somberly, and my heart skipped a beat. It is clear, the news is about me.
 
My first thought was the establishment, but it wouldn’t have made him happy. It might be surprising, but he does not hate my business.
 
He liked I am a brothel owner; one more reason for him to look down on me. He will not be happy seeing something happen to it, as it will take away a reason for him to look down on me.
 
“What is my lord?” I asked, and there was a long pause before Lancel opened his mouth.
 
“Your brother is dead, Remus,” he said finally.

Visit Patreon for Advanced Chapters.

47