Arc I – Chapter VII – Remade in the Light
990 6 44
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Radiant Lodestar Aurora Cover

 

Arc 1 - Chapter 7 - Remade in the Light

 

The monster was hurled across the field as Hoshino ceased to exist, all the energy stored in his human body released in a volatile burst of light. The purple ‘god’ leapt away to hide. The explosion of light turned every fiber of Kenneth into a coalescence of pure light. Particle by particle, the light combined like matter. Light was spinning, slow at first, before building up momentum. All the ambient light gathered and  gave birth to a nascent star on the surface of Earth.

 

Light materialized as the core of the star ignited. There was a form in its center. It was curled over, clutching at its lower limbs. There was profound silence for what felt like an eternity until a loud sound like a heavy drum being rhythmically beaten filled the quietude of the inside of the star, beating like a heart.

 

The light surrounding the reformed human in the star’s center seared it, flayed it, filling its newborn body with a deep agony. But as all things in time, the pain faded as the being in the center of the star finished taking form. Graceful limbs stretched to either side as the newborn straightened and the energy around pulsed with the rhythm of the drum. A soft sound, melodious, joined the cacophony, much like flutes now played a soft, gentle, tranquil song, coming into existence to herald the birth of a new star. 

 

Limbs stretched out, light swirling around the figure. Rivers of light flowed from the figure’s eyes as they opened for the first time. Forces built up by the swirling light swept away, through, around the figure, one with it and yet apart.

 

Meanwhile, the ball of light rose into the sky, rays of light bathing the school and the capital of Stellaris. The mass of energy shining so brightly paralyzed the monster. It flinched.

 

The green trees outside Stella swayed in the wind, bathed in the showering light, gratefully accepting the nourishing rays, basking in their warmth.

 

It was impossible to ignore the light in the sky. Everyone’s faces turned heavenward. As people’s windows were flooded with light, they averted their eyes and clutched at their faces. The light brought the entire city to a halt.

 

In a flash, his nebulous human form took shape, solidifying. Kenneth was finally able to think and behold what was happening around him. Within him swirled that same furor, the forces that engulfed his being, threatening to tear him apart. 

 

Gazing down at his arms, he beheld pale and luminescent flesh, soft and warm… and truly radiant. Tufts of bluish silver hair fluttered around his face, tossing and flailing gently as she turned. He felt strange, on fire. The tempo of the music playing about him filled his heart with excitement, but somehow made him also feel more serene. The light intensified and spiraled around Ken before clinging to his body, forming something like a swimsuit. It clutched at his chest in a cradling fashion, clinging, holding, gripping, caressing. With another surge of light energy, it all flowed down to cling to his hips, snuggling against his legs, brushing, teasing them.

 

Heat built up in his chest and with an explosion, his chest ruptured as though his heart burst through, the resulting explosion of light spread outwards, taking the form of a… bow?

 

His arms glowed, and gloves covered his wrists and forearms. From his knees to his feet, his legs became incandescent, and then they were now covered. Overcome with a surge of emotion, Kenneth realized that the light had changed him profoundly, but he didn’t yet understand the meaning of what he felt. His back writhed and there was another explosion of light. It spread from his back like spreading ink on paper and solidified into feathered wings. A wind filled the space, whirling around as feathers took shape in the aether, swirling around him, sending his hair flying, whipping about more feverishly.

 

Down his back, light spilled, becoming gossamer and semitransparent in something not unlike a cape streaming at his waist. The music built up to a climax as the wind played imaginary violins; the music became stirring, moving, energetic, notes promising the world salvation.

 

A rippling of force tore apart the star, sending showers of light in all directions, and the mass of light left Kenneth alone. Much of it dispersed as he beheld the fair land of his country from above and some of it clung. He took a sharp intake of breath as he saw Stellaris in all its glory from above, unbound by gravity.

 

Kenneth laughed softly as he fell, spiraling towards the school campus, spinning, gravity having its way now with his body,  What’s going on? Am I dreaming again?

 

The world rocked and pitched below as he plummeted and as he neared the ground. By instinct, his wings extended and caught the breezes and he skimmed over the waving verdurous lawn covering the school’s soccer field. With a strong beating of these wings that had become a part of his body, he righted himself and landed on both feet lightly with a sense of exhilaration.

 

The monster spotted Kenneth and came to its senses and rushed with a dark desire at Kenneth, unflinchingly throwing itself at him.

 

Gasping, he leapt and sailed, settling down as the monster streaked through the space he occupied. Purple light streaked around once more and landed on his shoulder.

 

Kenneth’s body went rigid for a moment, and then relaxed. Turning his head, he came face to face with the strange purple creature that rode on that girl’s shoulder before.

 

“Come along. Never mind the Victim for the moment. Your fellow soldier requires your help.” It spoke out loud, using a mouth never meant to utter human words, and yet the words came clearly. With a nod, Kenneth took off gracefully and swooped away towards the school buildings, flying faster than he’d have dared. He darted between the school buildings and skirted, narrowly crashing into several brick walls as he came to a stop at the court and saw the cocoon pulsing there sickly, seeing that Beppu was still out cold, his face bloodied after having struck the wall.

 

“Don’t mind that one. He’s fine. Free the Lodestaran,” the purple ‘god’ commanded.

 

“H-how?” Kenneth asked, staring at the disgusting fleshy bag surrounding the magical girl’s body. “It’s been too long, hasn’t it?”

 

“Almost.” Purple hissed. “But not yet. — Override protocol.” He said and Kenneth jerked and extended a hand and willed… something… take form in his hand. Light extended from his hand upwards and downwards and took the form of a nebulous staff. Light swirled at the cap and an orb, like a gem, solidified. Pink, gold, blue, filled with a multitude of other colors, all spun furiously in its heart. The staff was like fine glass or crystal. The gem burst and streams of ribbons of light emanated from it. Reaching down, he dragged the tip through the organic material encasing the lodestaran girl and sent a pulse of light inside. Moments after the light showered outwards, nasty ichor sprayed Kenneth, painting the court and walls also a diseased green and virulent yellow.

 

“It’s done. Lodestar Glacia will recuperate in time. Now prepare to fight, Lodestar Aurora. Be ready to put your life on the line for the sake of your friend … Be careful, the Victim approaches!”

 

Radiant Lodestar Aurora - Scenebreak

 

Please check out Assurbanipal II's work. I also want to mention MajorKerina, who has been writing much longer than myself.

This one's early because my current schedule's wonky. Wake up late, stay up all night, stay up most of the morning. XD Worth it for good times though! 💖

Still gotta figure out something to do about the roof. That'll require a strong ladder as well as a series of days without snow... which is highly unlikely. '^^

And have to resolve the whole bumper falling off issue. Can't go to my doctor's appointment unless I do.

44