A Rocky First Day
134 3 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Day 1: A rocky first day

Well got two quests and Nothing do but mess around and maybe not die.

How should I liven up this little rocky cave that I got going. Maybe some corals or maybe some interesting debris or something that catches my crustacean fancy.

Well got to leave the safety of the nest sometime. And Away I scuttle peaking out of the cave. This is the first time I have really paid attention to what I can and can’t see. What I can is the space basically directly maybe a few inches around me. Now what I cannot see is anything in the distance beyond shadows twisting in a multitude of shapes in the distance.

Well lets try not to die on the first day. I try to pump myself up and slowly walk around my little home in search of anything remotely edible or eye catching use in my home.

As I scuttle south from home across the sea floor I see what looks like corals growing on Spires of rock. Each glowing a slight bit differently from each other.

Might take some of that to camouflage my nest maybe it will grow over it.

Hmm a continue my scuttle I stumble across some shells of varying sizes and types from Rollers and Conchs scattered around now I know Im going to some of these.

I grab in my smaller Pincer a medium size purple roller and trudge back to the north and along the way home I snag some of the glowing soft coral to add to my home. Just need to add some brown seaweed and my forest in sea will begin.

I place the coral over the entrance to shield it like a door while I drag the shell back.

Now what to do with it I ponder. Well I could crush it and try to make something of it that way. But lets feel out my home first with my handy dandy antenna so I can see what this space looks like before I go about my interior design. I walk the length of my little cave and feel it up with my antenna allowing me to get a good idea of what I got, a small boxy cave that is about 2 feet wide and 3 feet long. The antenna also allows me to feel things below me in the sand like small rocks and what not.

I assume I can use this to hunt me some small invertebrate morsels and get me some xp.

Lets just collect these shells for now maybe I can use it for something else latter.

I proceed to place my little purple roller shell in in the corner of my little box cave I got.

Quest Complete

A Home that is your Own:

Make your abode your own

 

Reward: 3xp

 

I crawl out of my den and open my little coral door to the go find something to get a quick bite of something to eat. I won’t be starving soon thangs to the Hardy trait I got but it always better to get something before I hit the moment when I start starving.

I ponder a little bit on which direction to go I already kinda know whats in the south so its a little safer since I know what is in that direction but my sense of adventure is calling out to me to try a different direction.

Lets try the north of my little cave then!

Percy proceeds to try to swim with his tail and for about 2 seconds succeeds before

then crashing into sea floor.

Well going to need to practice that my exoskeleton aches all over after that nosedive. Well I guess my lvl 1 swimming skills is can compensate for my lack of experience swimming as a lobster.

Hmm should try out the other skills when I finding something in the rocky field I find myself in.

Percy then proceeds to stick his entire crustacean in the sand like a blood hound sniffing trying find something.

Maybe not my smartest idea so far but hopefully I get something. I just continue moving around the rocks feeling up the sand feeling like a treasure hunter on the hunt for gold.

While Percy moves through the field of stones he eventually makes it to one of massive pillars that juts from the landscapes and soars to the surface.

Wow thats a big piece of stone. But never mind that I can’t find a bloody thing anywhere. I don’t see any fish or other life which by this point is starting to get creepy. Feels like Im in an abandoned house; lived in but with nothing left.

Ahh also talking to myself is kinda getting boring I want some action, some adventure, and something to eat!

BOOM!!

What the Hell in a hand basket was that. Sounded like a sonic boom went off above me. might be time exit stage left….

And out of field of shadows I see a twisting mess coming closer to me so I do what any self respecting lobster man would do.

I bury myself in sand like worm and hope to whatever that shadow beast is does not find me, eat me, or make that boom again because that hurt like the dickens.

Only thing I know before I went to ground was that thing was getting closer.

Percy spends about 10 minutes below ground before digging himself out ready to flee if the beast remains.

As I peak out of my little hole I see one of what I assume to be the shadow beasts

It…. Was…. a bunch of baby eels

Just swimming around the field of loose rocks digging in the sand and I assume eating something.

Well maybe I can kill them for that scare because that was not worth heart attack I just had

Maybe I can see what their stats are if I focus in on them.

None

Race: Glass Eel

Level: 2 (3/7)

Health: 2/2

Sp: 8/12

MP: NA

Strength : 3

Agility: 4

Constitution: 2

Endurance: 4

Intelligence: 2

Wisdom: 1

     

Skills:

Swim: Lv 5

Bite: Lv 1

Camouflage: Lv 2

   

Traits:

Swift

 

Talents:

None  
A species of eel located off the continent of Oris, Known for camouflage and not for their intelligence - Recorder of Species - A. Maklan

 

Im assuming for this short description…. They can hide but they are pretty dumb..

I wonder what my species description is I did not see one the last time I looked. Oh well thoughts for later then. Now I got two claws and I can smash and Pinch things with them.

Im just going to throw down since there a little bit bigger then me but I look like I got more health then them so It should be fine.. probably will be.

I bury back down in the sand and begin my move on cluster of little squirming eels.

They kinda act like pigs rooting through the sand like that.

Inch by inch I stalk my way closer them none the wiser On most shred approach.

Percy inched his way forward while behind the cover of the larger of the stones none the wiser that the eels saw him but did not care in the slightest that a little lobster was coming towards them.

Well Im going to hopefully get me some eel steak tonight. Gotta go for the bonus xp for tastiness.. I wonder how much they will give me.

Ok Im right next to the swarm of what looks to be 18-25 of them. Now we wait for one to come close

The eels none to cautious about Percy swim by and as they do Percy strikes out at the smallest of the eels’s head with the larger of the two claws at his disposal.

The eel’s head collapses in on itself.

Oh yea Got me a eel to eat tonight.

But when I looked up I saw all the other eels looking my way circling me and the fallen member I hand killed.

Lets retreat for now….

But sadly Percy was not going to get that wish for what he had failed to know about the Glass eel was it was a pack species and if one its members was attack by something larger they would flee. But if the threat was smaller than themselves they did not take kindly to that threat.

About 5 minutes have passed since I took down that eel and made my way home but…

THESE DAMN EELS WONT LET ME BE!!

Every time I start forward out of rocks towards home they would swarm down on me biting me and scratching my exoskeleton.

I got another one but they don’t learn, They just keeping rushing down. They are just too quick and Im just too damn slow.

That Swift trait does not lie they zoom through the water like rockets.

I gave up on Crush and Pinch because I can keep up with them and I have just been back handing them with my claws.

About 1 hour has passed and the eels have proceed to give Percy up and Swim along like nothing has happened.

A DAMN HOUR

Im going to hunt them all down when Im bigger or my name is not Percy Homard!!

Wehh without out of way and my future revenge planned Im going home with two fine meals fit for a lobster king.

“Ah cave sweat cave” exclaimed Percy as he dragged his 2 eel sized meals in.

I guess I can just chow down on them then.

Not bad tastes like chicken? maybe a little more like fishy chicken. But still A fine meal for a fine lobster such as myself is nothing to scoff at.

Quest complete:

A dinner that Fills the stomach:

Eat a meal that fills

Reward: 2xp +(2xp for tastiness)

 

Congration you have:

Leveled up!

Oh Boy I just leveled up but lets just check that out tomorrow because getting beat up by a bunch of eels for over an hour was not my favorite activity of the day. Proceed to bury himself down in the sand next to his shell and his new favorite item: eel bones.

An excerpt from the The compendium of Species of Monde by A. Maklan

The Glass eel

A species of eel located off the continent of Oris, Known for camouflage and not for their intelligence

They swarm targets smaller than themselves while fleeing from life forms that are larger than themselves. They migrate to the North pole or south pole each winter for reasons unknown but might relate to the excess amount of small animals that can be found within the sandy bottoms of these to locations. They taste excellent with a bit of Schals Sauce and are a favorite treat of the Oris Continent’s people.

2