Prologue
111 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Gailard diligently filled up the form in his hand. His phone rang yet it did not surprise him since he knew that it was time for him to go.

Flying was forbidden within the 3rd realm so he could only take the train which was the cheapest way to reach the transit to teleport to the 2nd realm. Also, he wanted to have a good look of home as taking on this mission would take him years not knowing when he'll be back.

The residents of his world had their own stories and were no average people. Far from half of the population were locals and were only those who's fates were lucky enough to have granted them entry in this unbelievable realm of peace. Gailard was a local, and most of his kind were living in the Sky realm which was situated right above the 2nd realm who were acting as landlords, watching over the people from below.

[Giruvegan. A world of Refuge.]

[3rd realm, the lower realm]. This realm was where humans consisted most of the population and where technology was commonly seen. A realm similar to Earth, a world that he had once visited before.

[2nd realm, the middle realm]. The realm of all sorts of magic and non-human beings. Dwarves, Elves, Dragons, Cultivators and more- it was an entire pot full of races that wished to continue living the old ways. Technology was far lesser here however for them, living like this was more comfortable. Carriages rather than cars, Dragons flying rather than airplanes, walking through forests rather than paved roads. Other than fortifying their inventions with 3rd realm knowledge, they didn't need much and besides, this was a good reason to visit the 3rd realm from time to time.

The [Sky realm, the highest realm] was a mixture of both yet it was much more quiet. The Monarch, his governing body and their families are living in it. It can be compared to a dragon's scale. At peace, it is similar to an old people's meeting place to sip tea and meditate. Boring, that is why younger generations like him preferred to live on the lower realms.

Yet at times of concern, one word from the Monarch and a with a raise of his hand, the army shall rise to swiftly to eliminate, overwhelming the enemy forces with its dreaded might. His step would indicate a storm, a wave of his arm could sweep over thousands and to look at his eye was to submit your entirety.

His people does not see themselves as Rulers, rather, they prefer treating each other as equals. Although there is an existing Monarch, the King doesn't act unless necessary and even he would sometimes would sneak out to secretly mingle with his people. Their kind had life spans that are close to immortality and due to this, they get lonely very easily. This reason couldn't keep the King from being searched every single time by his regents though, making the entire fiasco a topic of laughter in this world.

And the King? well, he was happy with that. He liked acting a fool and dislike being uptight.

Gailard carefully observed the people's content smiles. He didn't mean to eavesdrop but because he was curious of the their laughter, he quietly listened in with a smile. His friends, they all knew that it'll take a long while for him to come back yet he did not give them the chance to say farewell as it didn't sit well with him.

Only a good few knew and those were the friends who have shorter life spans.

His journey ...ah ... maybe by the time he comes back, those short lived friends would already be asleep, resting underneath the earth unable to welcome him back. 

Gailard had experienced it multiple times and had somehow found a sense of coming to terms with it at this point. He had lived long enough that he was able to say his goodbyes to them with a smile.

As he made his way through the portal, familiar faces could be seen making him sigh, now more unwilling to leave.

Seriously, where did everyone go that he, who was at the very end of the list and the weakest, was summoned in the end for a mission...

"Wait!" A familiar voice was heard just when he was about to step in which made him stop to look behind.

"Marlon?" A human, age 51. An old friend.

The old Marlon was out of air and patted his wildly thumping chest. He harshly breathed in and smiled, clumsily fumbling through his pockets to take something for him out.

"Here, a little protective charm from me." He gave him a beaded bracelet that was auburn in color.

"It has a soothing effect for the mind and a magic inscribed to keep you warm. Also here-" The second gift was quite unexpected. "A pillow, my wife sewed it for you so you could sleep comfortably."

"Thanks." He hugged Marlon, who was shorter in height to express it. The tiny him fitted well in his arms.

"Take care you old bastard. Don't fool around with young girls over there! You might look in your 20's but mind your age." Marlon clicked his tongue envious of his friend's young face.

"I don't have such plans."

Marlon stepped back and kept his eyes on Gailard. His hand continued to wave even though his friend had set off.

"At least ... try to make it on my funeral at least ... old pal." this was his tiny wish.

-

Arriving, Gailard breathed in the fresh air of the 2nd realm. If one were to look closely, magical dusts could faintly be seen riding the wind.

Soon after leaving the transit portal, beings of different races were seen roaming within the building. An Elf was working in the information center, willful fairies flying on air, were-people and dragon-kin keeping themselves busy chatting around.

The creatures within this realm were usually foretold in stories where wars, infighting and protecting themselves against monsters as one's way of survival however in Giruvegan, such things did not exist. Arguments happen from time to time yet none ever reached a point where people were heavily injured to near death. Policemen in this realm were doing their job perfectly.

The transit building was the place where residents of the 2nd realm that are often in contact with the 3rd realm are living so technology in this side of the realm was abundant. No one was wearing armors rather, fashion from the 3rd realm took over the residents clothing style.

The security people here were wearing striking suits in black. When Gailard was leaving the building, a were-man with a lion's head caught his attention so he gave him a thumbs up from looking sharp. The were-man winked at him and slightly moved his head, ruffling his bountiful mane to show off.

"Prideful fellow. haha" he uttered, amused.

His phone rang again and he received a message that said- HURRY UP.

Gailard stood outside of the building and moved his muscles, stretching as well as he could. His back started to oddly squirm before three pair of wings sprouted out with one being far shorter than the two.

"It'll be hard to fly with the short one out ..." he mumbled to himself before retracting it back in.

Gailard was part of a winged race called Reass, a race that are strongly involved with reading and manipulating the strings of fate.

There is an existing race that is similar to them, the Aves yet unlike them, Reass could grow more than 2 pair of wings as the number of wings could be cultivated. The strength of an individual could be indicated by the number of wings and their length. Their race could also be differentiated by the color of their wings which are unlike the Aves that are either black or white.

The number of his people dwindled to 5 different families. Including the royal family. It was a sad number yet as beings close to fate, if fate has written for them to perish then so be it. It might as well be the payment for having long lives.

Their people were greatly concerned about them though for as beings that had lived side by side in peace and as rulers that have governed them fairly, they do not wish to see them disappear. Children were hard to conceive with a Reass. Knowing this, they could only hope for the best.

A young Reass like Gailard who's only over a hundred years old was a miracle.

The sky realm was right above the clouds of the 2nd realm, protected by a barrier that blended with the skies. Although he was told to hurry, a flock of young dragons were flying overhead so he decided to fly with them for a bit. Young as they may be, they were three times the size of a human's height.

With a harsh flap of his wings, it didn't even take a full second for him to be flying beside them.

"Yo."

khieek! khieek!

"Where are you all going?"

Khiek! khhieek! khiek! khiek!

"To the sea to soak?"

Khiek!

All of a sudden, a part of the sky turned dark so Gailard looked up, only to see a huge dragon flying above him. The huge dragon suddenly wrapped itself with clouds and transformed into a woman who stood on top of the little dragon beside him.

"Hey, they've been waiting for you above so why are you here flying with my children?"Levit, a chief of a dragon tribe raised her brow.

"I was about to fly up."

"Little Gale~ Be careful out there~ Auntie will miss you."

"ugh-" Unwilling to listen more of her teasing, he abruptly stopped and sharply flew up.

"Ay ... that kid really doesn't like me. Hey! TAKE CARE ALRIGHT!"

"I WILL!" He was already quite far up yet he still heard her.

-

"What took you so long?" His father, Raymond asked soon as he arrived. "And what's with the pillow?"

"I'll be missing home so I took my time."

Raymond didn't comment and gave his back a pat before guiding him inside the palace.

They walked through the wide throne room only to pass by it and enter another door. The King rarely uses the throne room as he disliked wide open spaces and so he spent most of his time in his office which was located right behind it.

"Your Majesty?"

"Ah. Come in."

When Gailard opened the door, he couldn't hide his smile when he saw him who was sitting on the floor barefoot, munching on a bag of chips,while reading through documents. The King was even wearing a baggy yellow hoodie pairing it with comfortable jersey pants which was nothing kingly* at all.

"You're here? Catch." His Majesty, Leroy Vi Giruvegan blindly threw it.

It was another bracelet. However this one was a device that he could carry to the world that he was about to be dispatched.

"I don't have much to say really. Look for the source, interfere with their plans, save the world. You know what to do."

"Nothing else?"

"I love you, careful out there Bro."

"..." Gailard.

"..." His Father.

Leroy stood up and patted his hoodie to remove the crumbs and reached out his hand.

"With this bracelet we can keep track of you somehow. We cant always contact you from here but leave a message when somethings urgent. All details that you need to pay attention to are in here." This time, Leroy gave him a ring.

"This one's delicate so I didn't throw it."

"Really you ..."

"Don't bad mouth your King." Leroy felt Gailard pull yet didn't let go and kept his eyes on him, rather solemn.

"He ... is sure to be there so check up on him will you?"

"I know, i'm worried too."

"Good. Then go. Uncle Raymond, feel free to use the elevator."

"Yes, Your Majesty."

The meeting was without formality yet they all knew the gravity of the situation in that world. The only reason why they were interfering was because the governing minor-god of that world came for them for help and traded something valuable which made it so that they were unable to refuse him.

If it wasn't so, Leroy wouldn't have sent his two trusted friends away from his side.

"Come back soon. It's boring here without you guys ..." No one was there to hear his words.

-

Underground, in the middle of a white room. What awaited him was a glass coffin that continued to glimmer with shimmering blue fumes aching to fire.

Gailard took off his coat and what his father saw made him gape, confused whether to be mad at his insolence or laugh understanding that his son had always been like this.

Gailard was wearing pajamas underneath his robe. His most comfortable cotton padded pajamas.

"Dad, do you have a blanket?"

" ... here." Raymond already prepared it and properly decked the inside of the coffin with it. Gailard climbed up, positioned the pillow he received from Marlon's wife on his head and lied down then attempted to close the coffin.

But it won't close ... his pajama was too thick.

"Uhh Dad, do you have a thinner blanket?"

"..." Raymond speechlessly sighed and changed the blanket out for a thinner one.

"Here." It was a letter where inside of it was the form he filled out earlier today. "Open it when i'm gone." he said no more of what it was and lied down. 

Raymond hid it in his space and started chanting then bit his finger. The glass coffin was now stained in red filled with inscriptions but was soon absorbed by the coffin itself. The lid shut itself close and ever so slowly, the coffin turned crimson red.

"Gail ... don't cause unnecessary trouble ..." His father voiced out his concerns.

"You always say that like I don't know what to do." Red enveloped the entirety of the coffin hiding the body inside it. A blood colored mist rose up, forming into a figure of man which was Gailard himself. His physical body was now corpse cold.

Seeing this, Raymond chanted further using his blood as a medium and space started to distort. The portal to another world was now summoned, awaiting for something to enter it.

Gailard's blood soaked sockets deeply rested on his father's figure, waiting for a signal that says that it was good to go.

Raymond nodded his head. "Go."

At this, Gailard didn't hesitated and flew in.

"..." The portal zapped close and everything drowned in sudden silence.

A while after, the crimson coffin went afloat. It trailed behind Raymond, following him further underground and stopped when they arrived in front of a massive gate made of pure hardened earth. The ground shook as it slowly opened and inside were rows of coffins similarly in bloody red laid out in the open.

He walked further in and after reaching a particular spot did he laid his son's coffin down beside others.

"Hah ... i'm all alone now ..." he muttered and waved his hand, dusting away the surfaces of the coffins beside Gailard's.

One was of a man closely similar to Gailard, His first son and Gailard's older brother, Geron.

The other was a woman, the woman he loves with his whole life. Selia.

"Wife, for us 10 years are short but without you all it feels really long ... especially now that our youngest is gone ..." The father that was left behind was being sentimental.

"Come back and company me will you ... im left worrying all alone ..." At this moment, Raymond took a bottle of alcohol from his space aching to drink down his sorrows. The letter was shoved at the back of his mind since at the moment, he just wanted to get drunk.

-

On the other hand, Gailard safely arrived.

[Synder Empire. Lord Froid's Fief, Peccador.]

The 10 year old Gailard von Froid who silently passed in his sleep suddenly woke up.

A bracelet materialized on his wrist and started downloading all collected information of the host's memories. This process wasn't new to Gailard so what he did was to jump down his bed and look at the mirror.

A brat, thin and small, pale skinned and unhealthy. He had blond hair that shined beautifully even under the moonlight and eyes which were enchantingly emerald in color. Due to his thin shape and bobbed hair, Gailard frowned as the current situation of his body made him seem feminine. He needed to train right away or he'll get dubbed as a girly boy which he really hates.

The downloading was finished and information flashed before him in multiple windows that blocked his sight.

15th son of Lord Matias von Froid, Gailard. No worth, No achievement, nothing of note and an offspring of one out of the numerous women he kept in his mansion. In conclusion, barely anything to worry about as even if the body were to disappear, his family would not care at all.

"Good, this body is well off. No need to search for a good place to rob." For the meantime, he'll be staying in his room to read through all the information about this mission and to slowly train up this feeble body of his. Being this weak will only be a hindrance especially for he planned to join a particular clan which will help him get more information about the current state of this world.

"Those assassins ... I need to find them and join their ranks."

The plan for now was like this:

Train> Rob for resources > Escape > Become an assassin

After he sorted his thoughts, Gailard climbed up the window and sat on the roof to look at the night sky.

"As I thought ... " There was a scary expression on his face that did not suit his 10 year old self.

"The air here is extremely filthy."

The first impression could not be any worse.

 

 

 

4