《4.1》Father and Son
104 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

《4.1》FATHER AND SON

 

Aaron’s word drew a soft exclamation of shock from Dora. She quickly looked at the young man⁠— since she married into the family, this is the first she met the legendary hero.

Mina also glanced at the young man beside her. Dad called him his father. Is he her grandfather? How is that possible? He looks younger than Dad!

She turned her head to look at the portrait in the wall and thought that although this young man was not as handsome as the one in the portrait, he did have some resemblance. But this portrait was painted 30 years ago!

The room was momentarily rendered into silence.

The young man, Xiao Tianjian, opened his mouth but he didn’t know what to say. He knew he owed his son a lot but those debts can’t be explained with few words.

When Aaron saw this, he scoffed and beckoned his daughter, “Mina, come here.”

Mina took a glance at Xiao Tianjian and ran to her father's side. Aaron took his wife and daughter’s hand and a “gentle” smile appeared on his face:

“This is our first time meeting so please allow me to do an introduction. I am your son, Aaron Cardo. This is my wife Dora and my daughter Mina, this child is only six this year”

After a pause, his smile turned ugly: “Please forgive my momentary discourtesy but on account of my wife and daughter, let us not fight with each other. They are just a weak woman and child. 1(请您不要因为我的一时怠慢,就对她们刀剑相向!)”

Xiao Tianjian is embarrassed, unexpectedly, his previous actions have been noticed by his son. He had never hated his vigilance so much, after all, he was very used to eliminating the danger immediately “Sorry, I… I didn’t know it was you…

“Ah, of course.” Aaron was even more angry. “I will never assume that you know that I have lived in here for five years nor assume that you know who I am ”

Xiao Tianjian stopped talking. He found the more he talked, the more mistake he make, so he just closed his mouth.

Dora saw that the scene was a little stiff. She reached out her hands and helped her husband calm down.

She hesitated and asked “Excuse me… Have you had dinner yet? If… If you don’t mind… You, you can join us… “ She looked carefully at her husband’s face and discovered that he did not object.

Xiao Tianjian happily accepted the invitation from his daughter-in-law. Dora held her husband’s hand and pressed her daughter’s shoulder to gave curtsey to him and both mother and daughter left the hall.

As soon as Mina left the room, she couldn’t help but ask her mother, “Is he really the man in the portrait? Is that grandpa? Isn’t he in his fifties? Why does he look younger than Dad?”

Dora was also full of doubts but she ignored her daughter’s questions and said to the housekeeper standing in the corridor, “Uncle Marshall, please cook a few more dishes and let Winnie help. My father-in-law is a famous gourmet. I’m afraid that our usual food won’t enter his eyes. “

Marshall stood there for a while and he's reply a little later than usual: “Understood, Madam.”

He bowed, his voice was not as energetic as usual. However, Dora didn’t realize that Mina, who was aware of it, just looked at the housekeeper puzzled.

In the hall, the father and son are still in confrontation.


[Part 1 of Chapter 4]

 

 

3