《5.2》Family Bonds
68 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

《5.2》FAMILY BONDS

 

Mina wrapped the felt around her body, put on her worn out helmet, wield the rusty knife and cried, "Warrior, what's your name? I'll fight you! "

When Xiao Tianjian saw this, he was speechless for a while and then said: "Mina, you… you are a girl… Do you usually play with these? Don't you play with dolls? Don't you like beautiful clothes and jewelry? If not, beautiful flowers will do. " His granddaughter did not hesitate to put the dusty cloth on her body. Did she not think it was dirty?

Mina stopped wielding the knife, blinked and said, "Dolls1yángwáwa means western style dolls? Do you mean dolls2wáwa?” I don't like those. As for beautiful clothes and jewelry it’s what Mom likes. She also likes flowers. But what I like the best is duel games but all the children here are not my rivals! Grandpa, am I that good?” then she brandished the knife again.

Looking at her disorganized movements, Xiao Tianjian reluctantly nodded and asked, "Do you play like this with other children? Do the girls here also play this kind of game? " It’s not entirely impossible. His daughter-in-law said that this backcountry is full of rough people. He thought she was just being prejudice, but if the folk custom is so unsophisticated that even girls could brawl with people using rubbish, he had nothing to say. Even if it’s needlework, dressing up or picking up fruits and flowers.

Mina said: "Mom doesn't allow me to play with the butcher's daughter. The daughter of the grocery store wants to help her dad and mom to watch the shop. Suzanne from the Garrison Captain’s family is a year older than me but she likes to play with dolls. When she eats cookies, she will stick her pinky up and talk in pretentious way. She always says that I have no lady temperament, which is the most annoying thing. I used to play with boys, but they were all afraid of me so I had to play alone. "

Xiao Tianjian patted her granddaughter's head fondly: "It doesn't matter. They have no vision." It seems that Little Mina’s character tends to be a little boyish. As the granddaughter of the mainland’s top master, it's normal that she likes to dance with swords. After thinking about it, he suddenly had an idea: "Mina, have you heard about it? Grandpa's swordsmanship is very powerful and I also know a great deal of martial arts. Do you want to learn? It's not a kid's game but a real martial art." Anyway, he already taught his grandson, what’s the difference if he taught another one? He also doesn't have a patriarchal mentality where he viewed daughters being less to a son.

Mina's eyes brightened: "Can I learn the martial arts you used when you carried me home from the forest that day? Swish swish! As if it were flying. I want to learn that!” She can't forget that feeling. She often drags her grandpa to take her "fly" these past few two days.

Xiao Tianjian naturally knew. He said with a wry smile, "That's Qinggong3lightness skill using Qi, not martial art. I'm talking about is a way to defeat an enemy with a sword not with this kind of ‘sword’.” He pointed to the rusty knife in his granddaughter's hand and reached out to pull out the sword behind him. "It's this long straight sword, which is a little thinner than what you’d normally see. It's our Chinese sword."

Mina only glanced at the sword briefly and was more interested in the back of Xiao Tianjian. She remember that his sword also slipped out of his sleeve that night, but he was wearing such thin and fit clothes, which didn't look like he could hide such a large thing.

Xiao Tianjian avoided his granddaughter’s probing and sees her eyes staring curiously at him. With a slight cough, she stretches out his right hand and lets her see a simple ring on his hand. He whispered, “Don’t tell anyone about this. This is a storage ring which can store many things and this is where I usually put my sword in.”

Mina looked excitedly at the ring and wanted to take it off and examine it. Xiao Tianjian stopped her with a headache. In order to protect his property, he quickly changed the topic: "Don't you say you want to learn Qinggong? Grandpa will teach you. "

But when he started teaching Mina he learned a troublesome thing. Mina is only a six-year-old child and she’s completely ignorant about Chinese culture. She doesn't know where is Dantian nor Bai Hui Acupoint are and she can't understand what is "concentration and stillness". Even if Xiao Tianjian points out the location of the acupoints to her she would not still know how to guide the Qi.

Xiao Tianjian doesn't know what to do. In the past, he only taught swordsmanship to people but it’s seldom that he taught cultivation to people. The only person he passed this on was to his grandson, Bevan. At that time, the child was already ten years old and they had practiced martial arts for quite a long time. He had already mastered some tricks of meditation, so there was no great difficulty. But it's the first time he's been teaching inexperienced children directly.

After thinking about it, he decided to give up meditation for the time being and have Mina practice her leg and foot skills first. He told Mina to run around the woods every day and keep her breathing rate based on what he taught her. Mingna was at first interested in running but gradually became impatient. However, Xiao Tianjian attracted her by helping her catch birds or butterflies, and promised to send her many delicious sweets and tell her more about his adventures. And with that, she just managed to stick to it.

Dora found it inconceivable the way her father-in-law taught daughter to “run” and was displeased with him bringing her daughter everywhere. In her opinion, the hero just needs to stay in the living room and tell his daughter about his adventures. In that way, his daughter can stay at home and not go out to make mischief. But he not only takes her out all day, but even lets her go to the bar. Blessed the God of light! What if they meet a rogue, thief, robbers or bandits? And according to the rumors, there are a lot of people challenging father-in-law. What if my daughter is hurt accidentally?!


[Part 2 of Chapter 5]

3