Chapter 6: Discourse rises
15 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Please, don’t be shy, come in.” Aion said with a heartwarming smile. Lyra and Torrik looked back and forth between the two. They were two sides of the same coin but Lyra couldn’t believe it. People rarely see the guild master of Malachi. Ezekiel was known for flamboyant warfare, Ezekiel on the other, was peaceful and enjoyed the defensive style of combat. He wore a light blue tunic under medallion yellow armor. Instead of a sword on his waist, it looked like a whip.

Rowan sighed and entered, followed by the two. “I received your letter.”

“I’m glad calser found you.” He referred to the messenger cat while he gestured the three to enter the foyer. “And guests from the fortress De Larune, the honor is mine.”

The foyer was wide with a staircase at the center leading to two different halls on both sides. Doors was lined along it as members of the guild came and go throughout the house, minding their business.

“As a guild master Aion, I expect you’d let another member tend to this… interruption.” A voice spoke up from the top of the staircase. They faced the man who wore a velvet blue cloak and had gold chainmail draped across his chest. He had a lanky body and was rather pale. He had grey hair and elf’s ears that pointed out, making his long face look even longer.

“Wilhein.” Aion greeted towards him. “My advisor, often quite the grouch.” He introduced. Lyra and Torrik reached to shake hands with him. Rowan reached out as well and as they shook hands, Wilhein’s firm grip gave something off. Like a dark energy sparked between them. A presence warding Rowan to stay away. A killer’s energy.

“I’ve heard from Aion you are a talented knight.” He said with a hint of brooding. “My guild master didn’t take up knighthood but was blessed with the abilities of paladins. I would hate to see him spill blood in a-“ He inspected his gloved hand as if their handshake was disgusting. “-what’s the word, barbaric manner.” Rowan gritted his teeth. Wilhein simply had a sparkle in his eyes.

“Wilhein, let’s not.” Aion ordered. “Please prepare the war room, we’ll talk there.”

“as you wish.” He bowed as he turned to a room.

“Walk with me.” They entered a long room lined with chairs and desks. “I was brief in the letter brother. I wanted to talk to you about something important and it is about everdore. I heard the news but I couldn’t grasp the idea of them attacking you.”

“Do you think it had anything to do with bloodlines.” Rowan asked. “Couldn’t be. There’s a reason I show my face.”

Torrik spoke up. “Why is that may I ask?”

Aion smiled. “Me and my brother looked alike.” He said gazing out the window of the hall. Wilhein was cleaning up the papers sprawled across the desks like a teacher would after the students leave.

“My brother’s reputation exceeds both of us beyond the capitol walls.”

“And what is that reputation?” Lyra asked as she stepped away from her corner. He smiled again as Rowan looked away, clenching his fist on his sword handle. His smile was dreamy with a gaze of lost man staring deep into dark pits.

“He was a Raven Knight.”

The room fell silent, even wilhein stopped his actions and stared at the four around one of the desks.

“A Raven Knight?” Lyra asked. “That was a legend or atleast said to not exist.”

“Those who trample anyone who wished to obtain the Raven Feathers.” Torrik began. “But it was useless. The city that defended that wing was left in ruin. The wing was gone. It was said it finally joined the dark pits.” Torrik said.

“Sadly.” Aion nodded. “The Raven Knights failed their task and was disbanded.”

“I was lucky enough to be given pity.” Rowan spoke up, crossing his arms. “Others were trialed and executed. Palguad was a hard place to ask for mercy. It earned its name of “the site of bloodthirst.”

Rowan caught himself before he said more. “But we’ve gotten out of hand, why did you send me here?”

“I need to destroy the guild.” Aion said, dropping the warm face. “I have been meaning to say this, they have been breaking the backbone of my trusted circle, figuratively and literally since they lack the skill of walking after an encounter with them.”

“Why need me?”

“That’s the thing…” He trailed off. He opened his mouth to say more but was stopped as the window shattered to a million pieces, they ducked as shard pinned themselves into the walls, two figures rolling into the room. One was the familiar face of teyarine, but she had pitch black eyes and with her was a man in a hooded black cloak, he held two round blades while he smiled under the hood.

“Aion, step back.” Wilhein ushered as he held out his hand to protect the guild master while another hand was holding a spear. The hooded man raised his blade to his lips and blew. It glowed a bright orange as if it was heating up. It suddenly changed form, its round blades turned into an iron flail.

“is that-“ Torrik’s eyes widened in surprise.

“A jester.” Rowan sighed out, quickly drawing his blade.

“Those who can manifest weapons in any form.” Lyra winced. Torrik freezed up as she her fingers went stiff. Aion looked towards her in worry. “Council master Torrik?”

She flicked her head to him as her pupils elongated like slits. Her horn glowed a green aura as she also flicked her metal claws. “Dead.” She growled out as she ran on with such agility towards the two intruders.

“The Dragonborn bind.” He said, speechless as Torrik clawed an inch away from Teyarine’s face. She dodged as some of her hair was sliced along her claws.

“Redortu Lorenem.” Lyra casted as white shards aimed at the hooded figure shot at a rapid pace. He rolled away as his flail extended to them. The dodged as he advanced. Rowan looked at Torrik as she licked blood at her claws as teyarine chanted something, causing the guild house to rumble. A dark red circle appeared underneath her feet and two large, muddy golems appeared.

“You will bow down to us. You’re next, Stormroar, after I behead this stupid dragonborn.” To which Torrik blew a bright green flame in response, making Teyarine roll over.

“They are on my nerves.” He started as he dodged another flail. Aion held his whip as he chanted under his breath. He whipped in a speed so quick in two different directions. Two blue portals summoned as the flail entered there and exited near the hooded man’s feet. He jumped away nimbly as he retracted his flail and blew into his weapon again. It suddenly turned into a spear.

“Don’t worry, They’re on my nerves too.”

“Runt.” Wilhein said as a bright light flashed to blind the two. “We should let the guild evacuate. They need not to be part of this”

Torrik flipped around landing on all fours next to the group. The golems making the ground shake with each step. The claw marks on their stone bodies disappearing in a rapid pace. “How do we kill them?”

“Its simple we don’t.”

Rowan’s eyes widened as he felt a cold blade go through his chest. The icy white blade stained with crimson. His blood. His armor was at the peak of enchantments. Only few had the power to penetrate it. He forced his head to turn to the culprit. The one who helped him with this armor.

He gasped out as his grip on his sword loosened. Blood was dripping down his chest plate.

“R-rowan.” Lyra gasped out. Wilhein stood there in shock as Torrik growled.

“Now you see the importance of my letter?” Aion said, dropping the warmth for a dark and merciless grin. “I want to end the guild, I wasn’t talking about Everdore for I am its guild master.”

---

A blade embedded itself into the debris as the armored man stood in his blood drenched attire. His gold hair was tied to a long ponytail. His cold eyes bared no emotion. He faced showed alarm as footsteps trying to cross the rubble was heard. A man in a blue fading robe spoke up. He didn’t need to face him, knowing who the person was.

“Why did you kill everyone, Rowan?”

“Because I wanted to”

"Even killing mama and papa? You wanted them dead?"

"...yes"

0