Chapter 487 Shingeki no Kyojin 7
2.2k 9 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hello everyone.

I wanted to inform you that apparently I have Covid-19, but I only have symptoms of a common cold. In my case it doesn't seem serious.

The problem is that my parents also contracted the disease. My mother only shows a slightly strong flu but without complications. My father is the one with the most serious problem since he was already in poor health and it was necessary to admit him to the hospital for observation.

Due to these problems, it is most likely that I will not be able to write with the same frequency. I hope for the understanding from all of you.

Thank you for everyone's support and I can only hope that things develop well.

-----------------------

-----------------------

…we had been slaying giants for hours, and it seems like there weren't any more people outside the second wall now. Well, the place was huge and maybe it's hard to know this, but… those fucking titans seemed to have a highly developed sense of smell or some other thing like that! When the girls and I tried to get some rest, it wasn't long before they had located us!!

...That's why I think it was very unlikely that other normal people could have survived for much longer.

In the end, the best thing that came to my mind was to use a magic scroll that I bought in the system to make an underground shelter so that we could rest peacefully. During that time, I was finally able to examine one of the rewards I earned that I was quite curious about...
---------------------
---------------------

[ Giant Transformation Serum - F ]
Serum which gives the person who is injected with the ability to transform into a Titan (From the Shingeki no Kyojin world). It is recommended that the person using it be at least at the 9th limit of the first soul level, otherwise there is a high possibility that the person will lose rationality.

This has the following benefits and drawbacks:

-The person who transforms into a titan gains a strength increase of 5 limits (being able to enter higher realms of the soul. Also, it can have different transformation results depending on the person.)

-The transformation in the first soul level can only last 30 minutes, and it takes several hours to use the skill again. At the second soul level, the person can last up to 1 hour.

-High physical regeneration.

-Crystallization (For users of the second soul level)

-Rational instability

-Strong weakness after transformation deadline passes

-Generates great hostility from the other titans.

-The experience a person can gain during transformation is only 10% compared to a normal person.

-High possibility that the person will not be able to advance to the next Soul level.
--------------------
--------------------

Shit! While this seems to have certain benefits, I see much more downsides to using this serum! I wouldn't be crazy to use that thing! And it wouldn't be good to let the other girls do it either!!

Maybe I can make it a bit easier to fight against the titans by having a size equal to them, but… there was a future problem for anyone who used the serum! No, it would be better to say that it was almost cutting off a person from advancing into the soul realms! That disadvantage was very heavy!!

…although I don't know if it blocks it completely or it's because, when a person is turned into a titan, they get too little experience to get stronger. According to the information, it would be 10 times more difficult to level that way!

Well, still we would have to try this… of course, not with myself or the girls!

Another disadvantage is that it seems that the other titans see a person transformed into one of these as their worst enemy... well, it doesn't exactly say it's at that level, but it's better to think of it that way. 

Apparently, the option to integrate with the titans using this is completely removed now... no, with the fact that the transformation can only be maintained for a limited time, even without that hostility, it would surely be impossible to coexist with those titans without problems.

“What is that, Alex-san?”

“…this makes it possible for a person to become one of those giants. Also…"

“E-Eh? T-That's…”

"V-ery bad... you can't use it! Alex is better being small!”

“…”

Seeing me carefully looking at the syringe in my hands, the girls also looked at this one curiously. Then Saeko can't resist asking anymore, and she does. There was nothing to hide from them, so I ended up explaining everything about it to these two girls.

On the other hand... even though Saeko was a girl who was serious about becoming strong, it didn't seem like this was an option she would take… she probably didn't have a very good impression of those titans. And I don't blame her for this! The truth is that once you get used to it, they are just large creatures… very huge but with many weaknesses!

"...Y-ou can't use it!"

What surprised me a bit more was Shigure's reaction… she rarely acted out of her emotions, but now she nearly lunged at me to grab the syringe! I have to store it because I felt like she would try to break it! Although I don't plan on using it on myself or the girls, it's certainly still quite useful. It would be such a waste if she does that!

"...don't worry, I don't plan to use this"

"I-t is a promise…"

"...Yes, it is a promise"

"Yes, I also think it's for the best that Alex-san does not use it..."

After making me promise not to use the serum, Shigure finally seems to calm down again. No, not just her, Saeko also lets out a sigh after hearing me say that. Yes, the appearance of those titans was very unattractive if you put it in kind words... and pretty hideous if you're being honest!

…well, I was also a bit worried about Shigure's earlier words… I hope she doesn't want me to stay child-sized forever! Is she a Shotacon? I'm a little scared that I can't completely rule out that possibility once I start to consider it… no, surely as long as I don't grow taller than a normal person that should be fine.

[Main Mission "Help evacuate as many people as possible" - G] [Completed]
Eliminate the greatest number of titans so that other people have a greater chance of surviving this tragedy!

Failure Conditions: Number of survivors of the external walls < 40,000 of approximately 50 thousand of the total population in the place.

Rewards: 400 Red Crystals (RC)
                   40 BG

Additional Reward: 5x [Magic Scroll Fireball - G]
                                 5x [Magic Scroll Dig - G]

As I was thinking about those things, suddenly the system notification sounds in my head. It seems that the attack of the titans is over... or rather, the defeat of the humans is over. 

Yes, it could only be considered in this way, right? They lost a large part of the already small territory that they had… without a doubt something very... very bad.

I received 400 red crystals... which means that at least more than 40 thousand people survived, something that we can certainly at least celebrate, but... it also means that more than 10 thousand died. I can't be too happy about this when I think about it that way.

...although I think that perhaps it would be a much more unfavorable number if we had not intervened. I should see it that way.

This time I also received some magic scrolls. They are not of a tactical level, but at least they have a good rank… I will distribute them among us in case of emergencies. 

The one with [Fireball] will surely come in handy in case you need to attack quickly. It should at least be able to take out a titan with its use. Or being pessimistic, distract it for a few moments at least. Either way, it's still useful in an emergency.

As for [Dig], it's the one I use to create this shelter… It can be used like this or maybe make a titan fall into a hole several meters deep. But given the size of those things, the latter wouldn't be very useful. It is best to save them to use as I did this time.

On top of all that, the titan kills counter that the three of us have achieved is now [417]. I think we also did pretty well in this regard. But is still far... too far to be able to make it reach 7 digits!

…it would take us long enough to accomplish this for just the 3 of us. I could only try to carry out the plans I had to see if we can speed this up!

“…the sound of cannons has ceased to be heard”

“Is it true… are we going back?”

“…”

When I was about to nod to the girls, I didn't want to stay the night in this hole either, the system announces its presence again… but this time to give me a mission and a pleasant surprise!!

[Optional Mission “Help evacuate as many people as possible (continuation)” - F]
In time, a large number of people who had been rescued from inside the 3rd wall will be in danger again. Help at least half of that group survive...

Condition to end the quest: Take them to a place where these people can live safely.

Failure Condition: More than half of that group die.

Rewards: 500 Red Crystals
                50BG

(Note: If the quest is accepted, a portal will open for you to immediately go to the time those people need your help, so please make your preparations beforehand)

…this was the first time the system had asked me for a mission with a time jump. But I think this was just a little curious, it wasn't a big deal either. The important thing was that I had to continue saving people… from the humanitarian point of view, of course that's something good. The problem was that... from the looks of it, things wouldn't be as simple as helping them!

Dealing with a desperate and scared crowd is not one of the things that I like the most… for this reason, the truth is that I would prefer to reject this one. But after some consideration, maybe things wouldn't be so bad… no, well, I still considered it troublesome, but it still had certain advantages.

Also, if I lined it up with certain plans I already had, it might all work out just fine...

[Beep]

[Saeko 14 levels up]

[Shigure 5 levels up]

[You've gone up 5 levels]

This was the surprising thing!  After the system announced the new mission, it also informs me of the strengthening of all of us! Without a doubt, the one who benefited most from all this was Saeko... but it was reasonable, she was the person with the lowest level of the two girls.

...the problem was that despite also being a lower level than Shigure, I ended up only having a similar augmentation to her! This was a bit depressing.

But the thing worth noting from all of this was definitely that Shigure had now entered the 5th limit of the 2nd soul level! With this, she could now also use the pills we found earlier!

...well, first we should wait a bit for her to adjust to her new strength and changes in her body. Sensing this, she immediately sits up to steady her advance. In addition, I also go to her back in case she needs a little help... if there is any problem, I will surely be able to help her with Akisame's technique.

In the end, we have to wait a little longer here to be able to leave. But it was good that this whole process went smoothly. Shigure only seemed to experience a bit of pain as her energy channels strengthened.

"Let's go back... let's let Shigure rest peacefully in that place and also say goodbye to the guys from before"

""It's okay""

There was no rush to accept the mission. Also, first, I wanted to talk to Mikasa and the other people who were with her. Seriously, I think the best thing would be to have a very good talk with that girl… I don't want to meet her again and that she has become some kind of promulgator of a strange faith!
-------------------------
-------------------------
(3rd person POV)

Several days after the fall of the third wall, the Maria Wall, the humanity that lived within the protection of these walls had suffered an enormous blow. Chaos, discouragement, reluctance, and sadness could be seen everywhere. 

People wondered if soon they would no longer have a safe place to live...

It was to be expected. If the third wall had fallen now, then what prevented others from going through the same situation? Nobody could assure that those walls would still resist longer against the titans...

Only as days and then weeks passed was tranquility slowly restored. People were like that, despite falling several times and suffering, they had to get back up on their own feet. The only thing was that it took a little time for this.

Unfortunately, when one problem is solved, others are immediately discovered...

"It is impossible that the city within only two walls can support those more than 40 thousand people..."

"Yes, the fall of the Maria Wall also meant losing most of the farmland..."

“Now we would even have trouble just to sustain the residents inside the second and first walls…”

Inside the castle, where the ruler of this city lived, several people were arguing. The funny thing was that the person who sat on the throne, only listened with a lost look while other people argued among themselves. It was obvious that he was not the one who took the decisions here.

The ones who spoke were the leaders of noble families of this city, it was clear that they had taken the power of the city for a long time... there are even those who said that this had been the case from the beginning.

The problem they were discussing was none other than what to do with the people who had been rescued and lived in the area of the 3rd wall...

“We can only get rid of them…”

“But… there are 40 thousand people. We can't just give the order to kill them either... the chaos this would cause would be bad enough."

“…but we can't do nothing either. In just a couple of years, perhaps the food shortage will end up killing not only 40,000 people… but everyone within the city”

“"…”"

Thus, without anyone knowing it, the life and death of tens of thousands of people were being decided... and unfortunately for them, things did not look good for these people... or for most of them. 

Meanwhile, the one who was supposed to watch over the well-being and benefit of all the people of this city takes a bottle of wine and starts drinking it as if what those men were talking about were just cattle... and not their fellow humans.

-----------------------

-----------------------

Remember that it is thanks to your support that this novel can continue, you can get advanced chapters on my pa.treon!!

 

Pa.treon.com/Drack21 (just delete the first ".")

 

If you want, you can, and you like the novel, I hope to see you in my pa.treon soon!!!

Thanks for reading the novel and don't forget to share it with your friends!

 

Discord invite >> https://discord.gg/37emMxTVKw

37