Chapter 520 A New Attack Of The Titans 4
845 0 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Remember that it is thanks to your support that this novel can continue, you can get advanced chapters on my pa.treon!!

 

Pa.treon.com/Drack21 (just delete the first ".")

 

If you want, you can, and you like the novel, I hope to see you in my pa.treon soon!!!

Thanks for reading the novel and don't forget to share it with your friends!

 

Discord invite >> https://discord.gg/37emMxTVKw

-----------------------------------

-----------------------------------

(POV Commander Pixis)

"Sir, the titans keep breaking through the second wall... it's almost impossible for the soldiers to stop them"

“…”

...perhaps Erwin was right, the worst thing we could do was to do nothing and just wait for the titans not to make another move and let us live in peace within these walls. Now without a doubt humanity is about to be pushed into an even smaller place… no, perhaps this spells the end for us? It is hard to believe that with the small amount of land inside the first wall many people could survive there... and the few that remain will surely not be able to do much with their limited numbers.

Instead of this being the last bastion of humanity… it would probably be more similar to that thing in ancient stories where you could see some exotic animals… I think it was called a zoo.
Yeah, this will probably turn into some kind of zoo where the titans can see the last remaining humans. Although… that is as long as they don't decide to devour them completely.

...I can only think about that while some soldiers continue to give me reports of the situation... which was still quite unoptimistic. But this was logical… until now, the humans had never been able to have an equal fight with the titans. The only thing expected of moments like this was to try to cut losses as best as possible... not to fight and win against our enemies.

“C-Commander Pixis…. The only thing we can do is continue to push back… casualties from trying to stop the titans continue to mount rapidly!”

“…”

In truth, whenever I hear someone calling me that now, I can't help but laugh a little at myself. I used to feel a bit proud of having risen through the ranks to where I am now, but… that title is just as neighborly and meaningless as I feel myself now.

Really, a commander? How can I be a commander if we can't even fight properly against our enemies? This can't be considered a battle... and even calling it resistance might be an exaggeration.

This is certainly not that different from a child playing at being a soldier… no, they at least still had hopes and dreams… and most importantly, they still believed that they could defeat their enemies! So I think even in that sense they are better than me.

"...well, I think the soldiers have tried hard enough this time... they have delayed the titans' advance more than I expected."

The wine must be affecting me a bit, I shouldn't think so negatively now… at least, as I said, it seems that the people are still fighting and have delayed the advance of the titans for several hours!

Since it all started, we still hadn't completely lost the citadel invaded by the titans! And most importantly, the number of those who have managed to advance within the second wall was just a few!

So if the others were still struggling and continuing to strive, I couldn't just stand here lamenting!!

Although... now that I think about it, this was a bit strange. It's not that I want to underestimate the efforts of others, but... the truth is that battles are not won with just the desire of people! Not that this made our enemies weaker!!

Also… it's not like things have changed compared to before. No, in fact, if they did, it would only be to go against us! The fact that the titans opened another hole in the walls had only demoralized everyone more! And having to fight the titans was still the last thing the soldiers wanted to do!!

…it's strange that even with all this the titans' progress was slower than the previous time.

“A-About that, commander… previously the soldiers had reported strange events outside the walls of the citadel that had been attacked… from what they described, various things came out of the cursed jungle and were attacking the titans.”

“…”

As if knowing what I was thinking right now, one of the soldiers gives a report… that could only almost be classified as a fantasy! If it wasn't for the fact that things right now were a bit strange, then I would have simply ignored such words!

But without much thought, I took a pair of binoculars to look in the direction of the jungle the soldier mentioned… that place was strange by itself, it had appeared almost suddenly before! We knew almost nothing about that place. Also, anyone who had gone to investigate that site had never come back!

"…What the hell is that?"

Unfortunately, what I see doesn't clear up my doubts… instead, it only makes them worse!

I was quite far away and therefore that was not very visible even with the tools to help me, but… I could definitely make out a little that what seemed to be two groups were struggling with each other! It's sure that one of those groups was titans, but… the other seemed like a mix of various figures!

…damn it, I think there were even people fighting in that place.

“Commander Pixis, s-something strange has happened! ”

“ Hell, I know that! I'm seeing it for myself now!! ”

“E-Eh? I-Is there another person who turned into a titan too?”

"…what? What the hell are you talking about?”

Then, suddenly my subordinate Rico who had become my right hand comes quite upset to inform me about some facts... and after the exchange between the two of us, we just stare at each other as if trying to understand what each one was doing. saying.

Yes, it seems that things have gotten even weirder… but, all this instead of causing me to worry or annoyance makes a small smile form on my face! That there were some changes was good! At least it means that maybe things this time would not be the same as before!!

...well, it is still too early to say that such things will be favorable for us, but... it is best to have a little hope like those children who play at being soldiers.
------------------------------
------------------------------

(Alexander POV)

"W-Was that guy transformed into a titan?"

“Y-Yes… that seems so”

“T-Then, what does that mean?! We've been fighting until now with people who transform into titans?!!”

“ D-Damn it, I don't know either!! ”

““…””

I didn't expect the rumor to spread so fast... the fact that Eren turned into a titan had spread even faster than the speed at which the other titans advanced and invaded the area inside the Rose wall!

Thanks to this, it wasn't long before some people from the military police came to us and took Eren prisoner! Furthermore, our team was also removed from the front and taken along with him! All the other soldiers were now looking at us as if within this group other people would transform at any moment.

…and well, with the other two boys and two girls who had the same ability as Eren, the truth is that their concerns were more than right! And, in fact, the ones responsible for all this trouble and chaos, were within our group now!

“Y-You should kill him now! If he transforms into a titan now we won't know how of us he will end up devouring or crushing with his hands!!”

“ T-That's right… he's not human, he's a monster just like those titans! No, he can even be worse!! ”

“…Y-Yes, it's not safe to leave him alive!! ”

“…”

Whaaah~… Now I felt a bit sorry for the boy. He himself didn't quite know what was going on and might even have been a bit more confused than the others, and now he gets a pretty mean look from a lot of the other soldiers!

Although... I think this couldn't be helped either. In this world, titans were synonymous with the enemy of humanity after all. This is why we previously had to hide that I had created a squad of people who could transform into titans… I expected that the reactions of others discovering this would not be too different from these people's current ones.

And this was still one of my worries... by this, the people I left in charge of the citadel could lose control of the whole place! Plus, there was also the fact that feeling more powerful and superior, those people I chose would betray us.

I tried to make the chosen men and women the most loyal and trustworthy that I had at the time, but… you never know what may happen in the future!

“But… I heard that he just killed a lot of titans, didn't he? M-Maybe having him on our side isn't so bad..."

"That's right... h-he could become a weapon to fight the other titans."

“I-I agree… and the truth is that at this moment his help would be very good for us!”
"You've gone mad?!"

"Yeah, how can we trust this guy who can transform into a titan?!"

“…”

Well... there were also some who were more objective and could put aside their fears and prejudices to see the bright side of things, but unfortunately, it was a minority. Most were quick to refute their words and sometimes even went to extreme lengths to brand them as titan worshippers.

"..."

“…don't worry, as long as someone of a high rank doesn't give an order to deal with Eren, the others can only talk for now.

It is useless to fight them now... so don't draw your sword or things will only get worse.”

"…I-I understand"

On the other hand, I also had my own concerns… one of them was Mikasa who looked like she was about to pounce on the people who constantly mentioned that it was best that they kill Eren!

This girl was definitely someone who took her ties to someone very seriously… so I was sure she wouldn't hesitate to throw herself against everyone if they try to kill Eren!

The good thing is that for now the only ones who speak up are people who don't have a commanding voice or can make decisions as important as this one.

For now, I just hoped that the person we were taken with was reasonable… I didn't want to have to carry out a fight against the other soldiers right now! Not when I was still looking for the right time to take care of the other guys who could transform into titans!

This was the other one of my concerns! While I don't think they will do anything else at the moment, this will certainly not be the case when I have to deal with them!!

…right now I'm just waiting for Horo's return to carry this out.

The reason she wasn't here now was that I had asked her to go to the citadel and mobilize the force we had created there. This was the right time for them to make an appearance!

With the time they had to continue developing, I no longer worried as much about the citadel I had created coming to light. I think they had enough strength now that the higher-ups of this place don't want to interfere with that place.

Of course, I was only talking about the soldiers we had equipped and trained before… the titan squad was still too soon to be revealed to others! And without a doubt doing it now would only cause much more problems!!

But having only those soldiers on our side, I think things will work out just fine...

"So you're Eren... the guy who turned into a titan, right?"

“ Y-Yes, sir… b-but I don't even know the reason for this myself, sir! ”

The person in charge of the battle in this place appears before us. He seemed to be a man in his 50s perhaps… and seeing his physique, I think he was not someone who got to that position because of his skills or merits in the field... so I hope he at least had a good head.

“O-h~, a bald man… his head is glowing”

“ Sssh~…you shouldn't say that, Shigure-san”

As this man makes his appearance, many can't help but feel a little nervous... well, except for some like the girls next to me and me. Well, while I was evaluating the person in front of us a little, one of the girls was entertaining herself watching her head shine while the other tried to make her behave a little...

The truth is that I don't know why Shigure always seems surprised by something like that... what is she, a cat?

But well... it kind of entertained that trait of her.

“Well… that would be a problem because this depends on whether we can turn things in our favor or not, boy. So I really hope that you can use that… gift of yours for this.”

“E-Eh?”

Well, it seems that at least this person was someone who could see the big picture of things and not just focus on a single point! At least I think Eren had avoided being executed at this point, which was good enough!

Thanks to this Mikasa won't go crazy and we won't have to act now either!

27