Chapter 122 Kinato (Part 4)
4.1k 3 74
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Well, we will have to forget the issue of the maids, besides nobody assures me that they aren't informants of any of the factions of Kinato... so perhaps it is the best thing that keeps my distance from them, I could not deny that I will be deceived if they treat me with sweets words and bold acts.

While thinking of being careful with the beautiful spies, the bald man takes us to a room that should be an office. Then when opening the door with a smile on his face, he tells me to take a seat behind the desk that was arranged in this place.

Nodding to his indication, I take the chair behind the desk and sit on it, then he chooses one from the front of me and does the same. Next, following our example who can look for a place to also sit and those who can't, they keep standing.

"Alexander-san, I just wanted to know when I can have the food promised by the people who will be transferred to your camp? We are almost done with the work to send them and the truth is that it is urgent that we have the food..."

"The first part of the payment is already here, you should have seen the cargo truck that came along with my men so when you finish your work and send the people, then you can immediately receive the food"

"Hahaha, you are a person who does things fast, Alexander-san. But I'm glad to hear it happen, so I should hurry to the people on my side to finish as soon as possible.

If you have any problems here in Kinato, please do not hesitate to come looking for me, also if you have any questions or any matter that you want to talk about, just ask me and I will try to give you an answer quickly "

As the bald man had said before, the things he wanted to discuss were about the subject of our agreement, so I answer him in a way that makes him conformable. Although the cargo truck was impossible to transport everything at once, as I had thought, he would not look at that issue, and although he did it then I would only have to look for an excuse to give him.

The merchandise that would be the payment is obviously in my storage, but I do not want them to cause me any problem if they find out about my ability and that is why it is better to that to remain secret, that is the reason I sent a cargo truck to cover up this.

"Bald ... I mean, Shido-san. Since you say that, then I would like you to help me with one thing, being honest, I am a fairly simple person.

Like most people, when I do good things I like to be recognized for that and if I do bad things, I want them to remain hidden... you must understand that.

That is why I would like you to do something like a meeting for the residents of Kinato and thus be able to tell them that we are the people with whom you exchanged the food. I do not care that you receive the greatest merit for this, but I would also like to satisfy this desire my of vanity... well, you can also see it as a way to advertise my store "

"... a meeting with the residents? That's it..."

Shit! I must stop calling him bald in my head, otherwise, I may call him by mistake in this way repeatedly...

Because of the mission to eliminate the rats, I had to advance my plans. I wanted to gain the trust of the residents here in a discreet way without alarming the bald man ... Shido-san. It is a pity that to get something, sometimes you must sacrifice another or take some risks.

As I thought, when he hears me he frowns as a sign of being somewhat annoying or at odds with this. It was understandable since he was the person with the most support from Kinato residents, so it sure that he wouldn't want to have to share this with anyone else.

"...I also think that it is the best way for me to join this camp, Shido-san. I don't want the people here to watch me as an outsider, if that happens then it would make things difficult for my mercenary shop to work... It is better for residents to see me as one of their own and have a good opinion of us.

But it is indeed impolite to ask for something in return and not give anything in compensation to the other person, what do you think if I give you the merchandise so that your men can pick it up from this moment as a sign of trust between us? "

Seeing him doubt so much, I speak again giving him any other pretext that I find and also add a small incentive for him to access this request of mine. Then after a few seconds that he thinks about it, his politician's smile returns to his face and speaks.

"Well, Alexander-san. Since you're showing me some confidence in me, it would be very bad if I didn't do the same, but bringing people together to be able to inform them of your great kindness would take some time… besides, even though I'm in charge of watching over these residents, the situation they have had to endure lately is a tough one…

...that is why they may be somewhat unhappy and probably will would not many come, so I hope you understand that, Alexander-san. But you can rest assured that I will do my best to insist that they attend by telling them that this time is good news.

I try to make this meeting takes place as more quickly as possible, but still, this can take a few hours, so I send someone to inform you when everything is ready. Also, I will take your word and also send people to move the food. "

"...I understand, thanks Shido-san"

With nothing else to say, he just says goodbye to everyone here and goes through the door of this office leaving me with only the people who had come from MLDW and Rei's parents.

I know that his words of striving are pure hoaxes and most likely only bring together a few people, but this is better than nothing. Besides, although it will be a little slower, through them I can reach more people...

"...I'm really surprised that you can talk to him so easily and without getting nervous"

"Hmn? What are you talking about, Rei? Do you think that because he was a famous politician before the apocalypse that would intimidate me? The truth is that his old position in the world doesn't matter much to me."

While I was thinking about what to do from now on, Rei's voice takes me out of my thoughts. Honestly, the previous influence he could have had didn't interest me and it couldn't make me nervous, I just saw him as a weaker person than me and if it wasn't because that guy has some use then I could easily kill him.

Also, if we compare our positions now, the truth is that I am superior to him. He can have 40 thousand people to listen to him, but these are just simple civilians. Instead, I have 2 thousand soldiers and also 20 thousand normal people... in fact, the military side of Kinato is more problematic than he.

"No, it's not that... it's because of the fact that you had to do a lot with his son dying... well, I also have a lot of responsibility for that"

"Eh? Did his son die because of me? "

Geh! I really did not know it... I do not remember killing a bald person recently... no, by the words of Rei it seems that he died for my cause rather than it was me who took his life, but... no, I still don't remember some bald man... well, if I don't remember this, then it wasn't important.

"...it was the teacher who got in the truck with Yuki-san and Yamada-kun's group... the guy of glasses"

"Ah! That weasel... but he wasn't bald ..."

"W-what does it have to do with if he is or not bald?"

Well, Rei is right, I was wrong to assume that his son would be bald... his son was someone younger, so it was likely that he did not have the same problem as the father. But in my defense, I have to say that they both did not resemble in anything.

One was short, somewhat overweight and bald, instead, his son was thin, a little taller and had hair on his head... I think it would have been an incredible feat to have figured out who his son was with only the things he told me the first time that he asked for him.

"Alexander-sama, a military woman has come and now she is at the door, she has said that wants to meet with you. She mentions that her name is Rika-san and that she was someone you knew, what do you want me to do? "

"Rika has come ~"

"...Tell her to come in and please guide her here"

"Yes, Alexander-sama"

Suddenly one of the spies dressed as a maid enters this office after knocking on the door and informs me of that. The first to react among those who are here is Shisuka who is happy to hear her friend's name. Either because she comes from her or things from the military faction, well, also as she is a visual pleasure to can see her, so I did not find a reason to deny her entrance to the mansion and so I ask the spy-maid to let her pass.

...also, it seems that the spy girls have begun to try to gain my trust, it seems that they have studied me very well things about me to know that they would get many points in favor of me if they called me something like "Alexander- sama " or "master"... they are very clever girls.

[... I think it's just that your ego is very easy to satisfy, Alexander]

...well, I think it's more of a general problem for most men than just mine, Aurora. There is something about a girl dressed as a maid and that says things like "Master" or add the prefix "sama" at the end of your name that just by listening to it makes the heart of any man happy.

While talking about the power of a maid outfit when used on a girl with Aurora, another doing military cosplay enters the office... no, in her case it would be her normal dress.

Shisuka seeing her quickly runs to where she is and begins another epic battle between their breasts... this is something I would never get tired of seeing.

Then after she greets her, she also does it with other people in this room until she finally puts her eyes on me and regains some seriousness on her face when she does.

Seeing her like this, most likely she came for something from the military faction that to can see her friend again, then with her next words I confirm this.

"Alexander-san, the colonel has thought a lot about your requests to be able to make an exchange between us. Unfortunately, before he could not give an immediate answer since even if he agreed, the lieutenant colonels who are the leaders of their squads might not allow losing so many of the weapons.

So after making a meeting with the high command of the barracks, it was decided that we will give you half of what you ask for half of the things you offered... I think this is still a good deal for both sides. "

"...I see, half in half ..."

With her words she moves closer to where I was causing Leona who was next to me to put the hands on her weapons, noticing that she stops for a second to pay attention to her and they look at each other for a moment. Understanding that Leona was only being careful since she was armed, continued with what she intended and then handed me a sheet of paper.

On this was written the things that his side was offering, checking it I can see that most of the things I had asked for, had been reduced by half ... the only exception to this was the figures that could not be perfectly divided into two and the amounts they put in their place were in favor of the military faction of Kinato.

"Rika-san… tell the colonel not to play with me since I don't have much patience, I don't mind exchanging half of the things, but when you see him, tell him no because he is dumb, the others will be. If he really thought I didn't would realize that I would lose out with this, I can only say that his intelligence was lower than I thought.

If he had been honest and agreed to lose a little since it was reasonable considering that when you buy things the price always increases when you buy less, then I would have accepted.

Well, okay, tell him I will give him half of the things I promised in the exchange, but he will have to add 2 helicopters, 2 tanks... to this list"

It really bothered me that people treated me like an idiot, so when I see the list and notice that I would lose a little in this deal, I can't help but frown at the trouble. Honestly, if that old man had asked me to lower the price a bit and if he had mentioned it in a good way, then I could consider it.

But to send Rika-san to tell me this as if he were doing me a favor by accepting the deal, it was something I could only see as if he was trying to make fun of me and of course, I would not allow it.

So seeing the loss that I would have, I tell her the twice of this amount, this makes Rika-san while listening to me get a little nervous and respond immediately.

"T-that's... Alexander-san, I can quickly arrange to give you 1 more vehicle from each one of those you say, but ..."

It seems that the colonel was not so dumb and he was just testing me, he surely told Rika-san that if I did not accept such condition then she would increase them to the appropriate amount of military things that should have been written here at first in this paper.

So when she listens to me double the amount she had been allowed to increase, she probably thought we wouldn't reach an agreement again. Although I feel a little sorry for her, the truth is that I do not care, those things that I ask would not be bad to have them but not for that reason I would kneel to ask for them to that old man.

They are the ones with the most urgent problems, so as long as I don't do something too excessive like asking for the same things I had said in my camp for half of the food and antidotes as payment, it would probably just make that old man angry at reasonable levels and not to one where he goes crazy ...

"I am sorry to make things difficult for you, Rika-san. But I will remain firm in my decision, whether we make the deal I told the old colonel at MLDW or pay what I just said for half of that, that is the only way that your faction will receive the food and the other things I said. "

"Haaa ... Shisuka, don't you want to help me a little? Try to convince your little boyfriend to accept..."

"Hmn? ~ I'm sorry Rika, I don't understand much of those things and I know that Alex-kun is a very smart boy, so I trusted that the decision he made is the right one ~"

"Haaa... boy, I'll see what I can do..."

After the unsuccessful attempt to ask her friend for help, Rika-san makes a big sigh. It is probably she is who has to inform that old colonel and must understand that he will not like this at all.

Then after saying goodbye to everyone here, she turns around and goes along the same path that the politician had previously taken to leave the mansion. I don't want her to think badly of me or have any resentment, but unfortunately, she was on the opposite side and so this couldn't be helped.

The Miyamoto couple stays for a while longer, with them the things were much more relaxed and informal. They explain a little about the current situation here in Kinato and also things they know about the other two factions that would help us.

But being leaders of this camp, they can not waste much time here with us and so after several minutes they say goodbye offering their help in case we have a problem here more sincerely than the politician.

With only people from MLDW remaining here, it was time to see if we could do in a short period some of the things I had in mind. That's why I put my eyes on Gloterus who was standing leaning on one of the walls here...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone!!

I had not realized that the links can not be copied by someone who told me that, now they are also in the description, I think there can be done.

Remember to visit my p-a-t-r-e-o-n and support the novel. I will be very grateful and motivated if you could do it, thanks a lot!!

https://www.patreon.com/Drack21
Is seems that WN is baned the word (p-a-t-r-e-o-n), so "*******" is (p-a-t-r-e-o-n) without "-"

74