Chapter 98. Alpha0.5 Version Update! Brand new player system!
93 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

VM is an acronym. Its full name is "Vital Signs Monitor", and it is standard equipment in almost all shelters.

But Lucius saw it for the first time. In fact, the function of this gadget is far from being as simple as "vital sign monitoring", but more like a wrist-mounted computer that integrates some functions of physical examination, positioning, communication, map and black box.

It seemed that he was worried that Lucius would not be able to use it, so the system kindly provided the instruction manual and presented it in front of him in the form of a light blue pop-up window.

【 1. Monitor the wearer's vital signs, collect information including heart rate, respiration, blood pressure, blood oxygen concentration, hormones in sweat, DNA morphology, etc., and comprehensively analyze the collected information and present it in the form of specific data.

2. After detecting the disappearance of the wearer's life activities, the VM will automatically archive the "End-of-life recording" in the cached data, and continue to send encrypted signals containing relative distance and orientation information through the transmitter in the chip, which is convenient for search and rescue personnel to recover.

3. The VM equipment can intermittently emit lasers of a specific frequency within a certain range to perform three-dimensional surveying and mapping of the indoor space. The maximum surveying radius is 5m, which will be attenuated by the influence of air humidity and dust particles. This function is very useful when exploring the building. Larger obstacles such as walls, doors, and boxes can be marked, and the data can be shared after uploading.

4. The power supply of the VM is provided by a thermal battery. It can be charged under light conditions or near a heat source such as a fire. Under low battery conditions, it can absorb the heat naturally emitted by the wearer and charge slowly, and automatically switch to the energy-saving mode to save energy. Run the device on minimum power. 】

In addition to the common functions mentioned in the manual, Lucius also learned from Popo that in principle, all VM devices can be recompiled by compiling programs.

That is to say, as long as the hardware itself allows, just add a few "Very useful" small plug-ins to these VMs, Lucius can know where each player is, what they are doing, and even hear what they say.

"I have to say, this thing is a bit strong!"

No. It's simply too strong!

Lucius would like to call it "Emperor's Happy Watch"! At that time, everyone will have one piece, and no one will be allowed to pick it for me!

No, wait...

Lucius, who was excited for a few seconds, quickly calmed down.

If you think about it carefully, if you force the players to tie a mobile phone to their arms, wouldn't it appear that you are forcing them to do something?

People are rebellious. And free stuff is never cherished.

Looking at the VM in his hand, Lucius touched his chin and said thoughtfully.

"To be reasonable, this wrist-mounted computer...couldn't be cheaper than the rotten gun of a looter, right? I think it's worth at least 30 silver pieces."

Popo raised the camera.

"But master, I heard that this kind of VM is very common in shelters? And considering the convenience of maintenance and durability, the technical content is actually not very high..."

Lucius: "Well, it's 40 silver coins a piece, and you need to reach the citizen level to buy it."

Popo: "...Master?"

Lucius looked back at Popo who was standing beside him.

"Popo, do me a favor, I want to add some functions to these VMs, can it be done?"

Popo was obviously taken aback.

"...It can be done, as long as the hardware conditions allow it, but what specific functions do you want to add to it?"

"Properties panel! Task bar! Map! Chat window!"

Is it still called a game without these things? You can only check the level and experience when you are offline. Many players have complained that they cannot open the character interface at any time to check the level, experience, abnormal status and buff effects. How is that different from the garbage game "Earth OL"?

Another slot is the task system. Although the wooden boards and plastic boards are not written now, but paper pasted on wooden boards, but the essence has not changed, and it is still too troublesome to check the progress of the task.

And the most important thing is that it is too wasteful of paper! This is not environmentally friendly.

As for the map function, it is a surprise. Lucius didn't expect this VM to be so awesome, and it also has laser mapping. In the future, players will take it to pick up waste, which is equivalent to exploring the map for the shelter.

Moreover, it is clear at a glance where it has been searched and where it has not been searched. Those hidden spaces and secret passages that are easily overlooked can also be exposed more easily. The efficiency of scavenging has more than doubled!

The most important thing is that allowing players to automatically upload maps also saves a considerable part of Lucius's own workload.

Before exploring the map, it was all based on the players. For example, a player doing a scavenging task went to a certain place on the map before the battle, and then dictated to the manager what is going on there now after returning.

What needs to be dictated here includes, but is not limited to, what changes have taken place in the terrain? Are there many different species? Is there any trace of human activity or something.

This job sounds easy, but it is really a torment when it is executed. A hundred mouths can say a hundred different versions.

Some people even had a very bad sense of direction, they didn't go to the place indicated on the map at all, but they talked about serious things, and Lucius felt dizzy.

Now that he have a VM, he finally don't have to listen to these guys dictating the road conditions on the wasteland. When you come back with the VM, you can upload it as soon as you come back, and you can also synchronize the explored map data to the official website database.

This work does not even require the players to actively operate it themselves.

Lucius directly asked Popo to automatically operate for them.

"The attribute panel, mission system, and map are all easy to talk about...but the chat window is a bit difficult. Although the VM has a transmitter, it is not a dedicated communication chip. Sending and receiving text messages near the shelter and updating the mission panel are no problem, but It's a little troublesome if it's a little farther away."

Lucius touched his chin, thought for a moment and said.

"The chat function is not in a hurry for now. Let's develop the three functions of the property panel, task, and map first. I will find some templates for you to use in a while."

The function is not perfect, and it is only developed to make complaints about netizens, so it is better to wait until it is perfected later. Besides, there are "Square" and "Official website" now, which is enough for those players to brag about.

"Okay, Master!"

Looking at the energetic Popo, Lucius nodded with satisfaction, turned around and returned to the B1 floor.

Now the wasteland time is three o'clock in the morning, and the real world is three o'clock in the afternoon, which is the time when the number of players in the game is the least.

It is also the best time to update!

Walking to the computer in the resident's hall and sitting down, Lucius yawned and took out his small notebook from the drawer, opened it, and then opened the text file for collecting materials.

Everything is ready. Lucius moved his fingers, a smile appeared on his face.

"It's time to do the work of planning!"

...

Official Website:

[ Wasteland OL beta test service alpha0.5 version update announcement. ]

[ Major Update:

1. The number of closed beta players has increased to 200.

2. Significant changes have been made to the property panel, task system, and map functions.

3. The B2 floor of the shelter is officially open! ]

[ Optimization:

1. More realistic snow effects, as time goes by, the land will harden, the river will freeze, and even the lake will freeze.

2. Add a pot of charcoal fire to the weapon store to keep warm. Please give the proprietress a little encouragement to cheer her up and increase her favorability.

3. The spawn frequency of wild monsters is more in line with severe cold climates.

4. Richer interior details of the shelter.

5. Fix a few bugs.

6....]

[ With the increase in the number of players, the player manual and user agreement have been updated to version 3.0, please check it in time for players who have qualified for the beta test, so as not to bring you a bad game experience. ]

[ Current reservation number: 1007 people. ]

[ In addition, the "Winter Is Coming" expansion pack has officially ended, and the title of Winter Warrior has been distributed to 90 qualified beta players, and the player IDs will be included in the Hall of Fame. Winter is coming, tremble in the winter, survivors! ]

...

This update has a bit more content.

Instead of bragging about it with the players, Lucius was always worried that the players would feel that his plan was useless.

Still the old rules. After posting the update announcement, Lucius immediately posted the edited developer log.

"Developer Diary: Alpha0.5 Version"

Light: "Hello everyone, I am your dear planner! After exhausting 5 engineers from the technical team, our server has finally changed from potatoes to croissants! Now it can accommodate 200 players to enter the server at the same time, Are you happy? Are you excited? Go and check your backstage mailbox! Applause for the little emperors!"

"The biggest change in this version update is mainly the attribute panel that was the most requested by the beta testers before! The task panel! And - The extra map function! Are you very happy?"

"I'm as happy as you are! Under the lure of baked potatoes, the programmers in the development department finally understood what functions we wanted."

"Of course, please don't be too happy too early. Considering the player's game experience and the authenticity of the game, we finally made a decision after five days and five nights of department meetings to integrate this part of the function into the In a special item named 'Vital Signs Monitor (VM)'."

"After the player reaches the citizenship level, he only needs to pay 40 silver coins to purchase the item. Due to the particularity of the setting, each player is limited to one item, and it is bound to the account. It cannot be unbound or transferred. If your teammate is unfortunately killed, please remember to take back his VM, otherwise the shelter can only deduct 10 silver coins from his account for the bounty for the 'Equipment recovery' task."

"As long as it is in the shelter or near the nursing home, the VM can connect to the server of the shelter and complete the operation of receiving the mission."

"In addition to the taskbar, the core function of the VM is the attribute panel! Through a small screen, you can easily view the development progress of the gene sequence, character attributes, buff or debuff effects, as well as contribution points and identity levels. "

"Of course, there is no need to show your contribution points at all. VM itself is a symbol of status and strength! Because in our setting, only 'citizens' who have made outstanding contributions to the shelter are worthy of this award." It is an honor. Having it will also mean that you will no longer be a rookie from now on, but a warrior who is truly qualified to venture into the wasteland!"

"In addition, the laser mapping function carried by the VM itself can accurately capture obstacles and walls at close range for you, and upload the map data to the shelter server. Even if you are a road idiot, you can find your way home , your mother no longer has to worry about you getting lost in the wasteland!"

Click to upload.

Done!

Lucius stretched, pushed away the chair and stood up. Staying up late for two consecutive days until almost dawn, even if his body is made of iron, it is a bit unbearable.

This time he planned to sleep until noon, trying to adjust his schedule. Thinking of this, Lucius looked at Popo who was squatting in the corner.

"POPO, it's about time, don't forget to wake Sumeria up."

"Okay, Master."

After explaining the last thing, Lucius happily went back to the next room to sleep.

And when Lucius was sleeping soundly, the discussion on the official website about "Alpha0.5 version" was almost unstoppable!

6