Chapter 102. A wave of cute newcomers is approaching!
161 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Official Website Forum:

"Big news! The manager of Shelter No.404, 'Dawn', is flirting with a female mercenary from Red River Town!"

"Shocked! Manager slept with the female mercenary!"

"Pass it on, and slept for five days and five nights in a row!"

"Everyone is an adult who can play games seven days a week, please be mature! Don't be so childish! So what about the process animation? What about the plot CG? Just skip it? Poor review!"

"Hahaha, you bully NPCs who don't know how to go online, so you can't lose your favorability? Hahaha."

Not only the players were booing, but the cloud players were also booing.

At this moment, the big hand in the forum [ Mole In The Hole ] jumped out and opened a separate thread.

"The line draft is here! (Picture) (Picture) (Picture)"

Yaya: "!!!"

Shuri: "Here, is this something you can watch without paying? (⁠✿⁠☉⁠。⁠☉⁠)"

Get Up Ten Times A Night: "Brother Mole yyds!"

Tomorrow Seeker: "Nice batch!!!"

Mole In The Hole: "Hey hey, don't panic bro, it's just a sketch, wait for me to color it!"

["Mole In The Hole" was banned by the administration for 12 hours]

Badass Bunny: "?!"

Irena: "Dangerous! ლ⁠(⁠^⁠o⁠^⁠ლ⁠)"

Light: "Don't post weird pictures, and dew point pictures are prohibited in the future. Although our server complies with local laws and regulations, we are a serious company, and the game is also a serious game. Please restrain yourself and don't post dirty pictures."

Although the game qualifications are only issued to adults, anyone can enter the official website. There are people of all ages. It is still inappropriate to show bloody and violent pictures.

"Wasteland OL" is a fun-oriented game that focuses on "Relaxed entertainment and leisure development". Bloody violence does not exist. This game does not advocate liver or krypton gold, let alone color.

Someone posted a picture before, the first time it was banned and warned, the second time it directly locked the risk account, and the third time it locked the IP+lock machine code.

Ever since Lucius discovered that Popo could operate the computer instead of him, Lucius even threw the forum to Popo to help manage it. After all, manual management, he really can't read the thousands of posts every day.

In addition, Lucius also asked Popo to improve some interesting strategy posts for him, and he will take a look when he has time.

You still have to take a look at the selected memorials. What if there is a good idea? Isn't there an Alpha0.6 version still waiting?

Get Up Ten Times A Night: "Hey, planner has blown up the plan!"

Tabletop Cop: "Pass it on, the planner will come out when he sees the picture!"

The Dog Took All The Good Names: "Pass it on, and plan to watch pictures during working hours!"

Lucius: "..."

Tsk. These people!

Tomorrow Seeker: "Hey! I feel sorry for Brother Mole. He just drew a line draft and was sanctioned. It's miserable!"

Shuri: "Since I can't draw the picture of Manager and the female mercenary, why don't...Brother Mole think about it and change the mercenary into a boy who knows how to repay his kindness? (o?▽?)o"

Get Up Ten Times A Night: "I propose to draw Shuri and Yaya!"

8th Level Gale: "Support!!!"

Irena: "Cool, I can't wait to see... ✧⁠\⁠(⁠>⁠o⁠<⁠)⁠ノ⁠✧"

WC Really Has Mosquitoes: "!! Goblin Industry sponsors a silver coin!"

Yaya: "What the hell??? (⁠ノ⁠`⁠Д⁠´⁠)⁠ノ⁠彡⁠┻⁠━⁠┻"

Shuri: "(?‵□′)?╰?╯"

...

With the conclusion of the deal with the Horseshoe Firm, the time quickly came to October. And just as the vast majority of experienced survivors predicted, this year's cold winter came earlier than ever.

It has just entered October, and the daily average temperature on the surface has dropped from single digits to below zero. The howling wind and falling snow are sweeping the earth. It only takes one night for the snow on the surface to pile up from the soles of the feet to the calves, and even knee.

Fortunately, the snow did not keep falling. On this rare and sunny day, a group of new players full of vigor and enthusiasm were ushered in to the endless ruins.

They wake up from the comfort of their training pods. Looking at the incomparably real carcass and the surrounding environment, they were shocked, surprised, and even so ecstatic that they couldn't breathe.

Lucius locked the authority to open the door and gave them ten minutes to get dressed and adjust their emotions so that they would not die in public. Then use the radio to remind them to gather in the central hall on the B2 floor.

"Whoa! It's really virtual reality technology!"

"It's so shocking, I'm not dreaming!"

"Pinch me... Huh? Why doesn't it hurt at all?"

"Stupid! You've been squatting on the official website for half a month! They say it's pain shielding, do you understand pain shielding means?"

"Hey hey, can you open it? I want to open it and try..."

"...???"

Veteran players are no strangers to these newbies who make a fuss, after all, they came here in the same way. In addition, the number of this game is distributed in batches, and it has become one of the traditions or fun of this game to watch the cute newcomers die collectively.

"Tsk, that young man is not bad. I'm not surprised at all. He looks like a high-ranking player."

"Hey, how do you know he's not scared? Look at the pupils, they're all slack."

"Hey, the quality of this batch of cute newcomers is so-so, and their psychological endurance is not very strong. The surprised reaction is too exaggerated, a bit exaggerated."

"Come on, you! Talk about someone else! I clearly remember that it was you who just came in and wanted to take off your pants, but was stopped by the people around you."

"Okay, okay, you can shut up."

Lucius was also watching. He is waiting for everyone to arrive.

At this moment, several screams of "Yah" suddenly came from behind the crowd.

Lucius looked up and found a white-haired bear about 2.5 meters in length, timidly holding on to the door frame, and a group of cowardly bear faces protruded from the north gate of the square.

"F*ck! Why am I covered in hair all over my body?"

Many players nearby were taken aback and instinctively moved aside.

"My god! There are a talking bear!"

"Bear?! Where?"

"Wipe!"

The old players are relatively calm. After all, there are even lizardmen, let alone bears?

Occasionally, a few unique emperors will be born in this game, either with special talents, or simply have a different genetic sequence from normal players.

As for Lucius? He became more calm. After each player confirms the login, the gene sequence will be updated in the [ Player list ] of the system. He was also the first to see the player's attribute panel.

【 ID: Roushaa The Big Momo

Gene Sequence: Alien Bear

Level: LV.0

——Basic attributes——

Strength: 9

Dexterity: 6

Constitution: 7

Perception: 7

Intelligence: 3 】

【 Talent:

Cold Resistant: ( Extremely resistant to severe cold, not good at hot environments, and suffers additional burn damage.)

Parallel Feet: ( Greater stamina, difficult to operate complex machinery.)

Physical Regeneration: ( Stronger resilience, difficult to improve gene sequence level.) 】

Agility, constitution, and perception are 1 point lower than Mr. Garbage, strength and intelligence is 1 point higher than Mr. Garbage.

Of course, that was at LV0, now Mr. Garbage is at LV2.

Although the initial attributes of the "Heterogeneous" sequences are generally stronger than those of the five mainstream sequences, the debuff of growth reduction that comes with the heterogeneous sequences is a serious flaw.

Like Mr. Garbage. He is obviously an old player who entered the game in the first few batches, but his level has been suppressed in the second echelon. It has been more than half a month before LV2, which is a bit embarrassing.

Moreover, the characteristics of "Parallel feet" make them more inclined to engage in primitive activities, and it is difficult for them to operate equipment as conveniently as normal humans.

Still taking Mr. Garbage as an example, even if the trigger and grip are improved, it is still difficult for him to shoot with light weapons.

Anyway, Lucius's feeling is that this guy has given up using a gun and has completely embarked on the route of physical evolution. Fight face-to-face if you can, and greet with a javelin if you can't.

Most players are happy to team up with him. After all, who doesn't love tanks? Not being able to rush through is a target, but being able to rush past is a massacre!

When they first saw the bear, the newcomers were all panicked, but after seeing this guy's cowardice, they all approached curiously.

At this time, a short-haired female player named [ Tail ] quickly walked around to the back, curiously stretched out her hand and grabbed the tail of [ Roushaa The Big Momo ], scaring the bear to run forward.

"What are you doing!"

Tail hey hey smile and asked, "Brother, you are awesome! How much did you pay for this account?"

"I, I, I, I just draw normally. It took me a long time to draw. Speaking of how much money is spent in this game, there is no recharge option."

Another long-haired female player named [ Sisi ] came over again, and curiously grabbed the fluffy tail, scaring the bear directly against the wall.

"Speaking of which, why do you have such a strange name, Big Momo?"

"I, I, I, I originally wanted to be called The Great Demon King Roushaa, but I made a typo. Haha, this game can't be renamed, too bad."

Sisi suddenly smiled evilly.

"Understood, go to the forum and register a trumpet named Roushaa The Great Demon King."

"Come on, I'm going to cry."

Tail stroked his chin and pondered for a while, then suddenly his right fist hit his palm.

"It's decided, I'll call you Rourou from now on! You'll be my uncle's mount from now on. Wait, give me Kangkang first, do you have that?"

Momo is about to cry.

"But! I'm a girl!"

Tail smiled even more happily.

"It's okay, me too! Come on, let me be healthy!"

Sisi: "Hey! Are you a bully?"

"Whispering!"

After some fuss, Tail finally let go of the big bear in disappointment, and smashed its tongue.

"Tsk, nothing."

It has to be said that this furry animal is still very attractive to female players.

Of course, the main reason is that this guy is too embarrassing and not domineering at all. If it were those mutated brown bears in the wasteland, they could kill a Crawler with a single slap.

But having said that, players in the heterogeneous sequence don't have those organs. Is this fleshy bear a male bear or a female bear?

Emmm...Never mind. This question was too difficult for him to get answer.

Follow the player's gender. When the most dawdling players also stood on the square, looking at these noisy players, Lucius coughed heavily to signal them to be quiet.

Then, Lucius said in a solemn voice.

"The war is over."

"The bad news, however, is that our world has changed beyond recognition."

"Now is the 200th year after the apocalypse. Fortunately, we have successfully survived the most difficult years. You are luckier than 12 billion people to be able to stand here, and now I need you to realize as soon as possible The status quo, and then fulfill my declaration under the banner of the People's Federation - rebuild our homeland!"

"The one next to me is my assistant. Its name is Popo. You can ask it if you have any questions about the shelter, or if you don't understand."

As has been done many times. As the manager of the shelter, Lucius announced the rules and regulations of the shelter to the hundred young players who had just climbed out of the training cabin. And those lines that he finally came up with.

Every time player enters the game, the "Cutscene plot" is similar, but the "Alpha0.5 version" is different from the previous versions in that Lucius added an additional special task for old players who have reached the citizen level.

That is, bring cute newbies to leveling.

All players who have reached the citizen level and receive VM equipment can receive the task of "Passing the Torch" in the task system.

The task content is very simple. Players who receive the task can select up to three newcomers to become their "Novice guides". As long as they take them from LV0 to LV1 within a week, they will be rewarded with 100 contribution points and 10 silver coins.

100 contribution points are not very attractive to players who have reached the citizen level, but the reward of 10 silver coins is still very attractive.

Like the power system, as long as you keep chopping down trees until you are exhausted, you can reach LV1 after two days of chopping.

Several other department upgrades require some skill. But basically, apart from the intelligence department, it is not too difficult to upgrade from LV0 to LV1, and it will take about three days at most.

You can also do other tasks to make money while leading people to level up, and you can also lead three younger brothers at a time. Silver coins are equivalent to free, why not do it?

In addition, newcomers with gene sequence level LV0 can also receive the related task of "Passing the torch" through the public notice board in the lobby.

Choose a "Shelter veteran" with VM equipment to serve as your "Novice guide".

As long as the level is raised to LV1, you can get 80 contribution points and 8 silver coins as a reward, which is basically equivalent to the normal 12-hour income of a new player.

This value design is very reasonable.

The reason why the task of "Passing the Torch" is launched, on the one hand, it is to let the newcomers get into the state quickly, so as not to run around like headless chickens, and on the other hand, it is to let them integrate into the big group of Shelter No.404.

Especially the latter. In a class of one hundred people, even changing seats can change the class environment, let alone suddenly having twice as many people.

Lucius knew very well that the biggest challenge brought by the Alpha0.5 update was not the CPU of the server, but the impact of new players on the server environment of "Wasteland OL".

After all, this kind of game with a threshold, hardcore, and "Virtual community" as its selling point is determined from the gameplay, and the server environment is above all else.

It's like a normal online game, everyone is playing well, but suddenly it's free for a limited time on weekends, a few flies fly in, and it instantly becomes unplayable.

For example, a squad. A newbie can become a nightmare for the entire team, especially when he grabs the only "Sniper" or heavy barrel in the team, and even sneaks into the vehicle team to become a vehicle driver, it is even more of a nightmare Start.

Can you blame him? Also can not.

Everyone came for enjoyment, except for the kind of scoundrel, who took pleasure in destroying other people's game experience, most of them were still able to communicate.

As long as someone is willing to teach, they are still willing to learn, and the server environment will naturally improve. In fact, from the perspective of making money, the normal logic must be to drive away the old players who have paid, and let those few flies scurry around in the server, which can not only raise budget, but also stimulate consumption. When the flies are enjoying themselves, the server will ban them, maybe they will open a few more accounts in a fit of anger to blow up the server, and the sales will soar.

Like a certain blue hole. But is Lucius such a person?

What is money? It's all crumbs!

"Wasteland OL" would rather operate at a loss, but also bring players the highest quality game experience, and maintain the server environment to the end!

"With the VM, friends and team formation systems can be arranged as soon as possible. These functions are all artifacts for maintaining the MM social ecology."

"In the future, the number of players will increase, and the gap in level, wealth, and combat power will widen. The guild system can also be gradually developed."

"The powerful guilds will be upgraded to legions, and they will be pulled out to open up wasteland or fight."

"Well, the content of the guild and the legion can be combined with the status level. Only players who have contributed enough to the refuge can become the lord of the pioneer land, the leader of the guild, or even the leader of the legion."

"I'm simply a genius!"

Looking at the players who were already yelling for groups in the square, Lucius couldn't help showing a satisfied smile on his expressionless face.

Very good. The fresh and tender leeks are thriving.

......

If you wanna read 35+ advanced chapters, check out my Patreon page...

patreon.com/KarmaLord

4