Chapter 104. More NPCs and Richer Interactive Systems
93 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the order was issued, these survivors quickly tore down the shack and headed for the brick factory in the northwest. Although they came from there before, and now they have been tossed back, no one has any complaints about the arrangement of the manager.

Being able to come out of the predator's dungeon alive is a lucky thing in itself, let alone being able to wear warm clothes and eat enough.

Tomorrow and Bunny, who were measuring the land in the brick kiln, saw many people walking toward them, and stopped their work in confusion, walked up to the manager and asked.

"Dear Master Manager, may I ask who these people are..."

Lucius said without hesitation.

"These people are survivors who were saved by us. In order to repay our life-saving grace, they are willing to support our construction!"

The faces of Tomorrow and Bunny immediately showed joy. The players are all doing novice tasks, and they are worried that there is no one to do coolies. These labors can be said to have solved their urgent needs.

"Then how much do we need to pay them?"

In fact, there is no need to pay them wages. But since the players asked for it, Lucius said after thinking for a moment out of the consideration of authenticity.

"One silver coin per person per day. I will directly deduct this expenditure from your account. You just need to ensure that they are not hungry or frozen to death."

"In addition, pay attention to construction safety. I don't want workers to be attrition due to poor working conditions. This will not only affect our regional reputation, but also delay production."

"If there are casualties, each will deduct 100 silver coins as a pension."

Of course, it is impossible to pay this pension to NPC, it is just a constraint at the setting level. Besides, these aborigines don't care much about these metal pieces. For them, such a gadget with no recycling value is better than giving them a piece of meat.

While talking, Lucius sent the pre-edited tasks to Bunny through his own VM. Although it is a bit far from the outpost, it does not affect the point-to-point information transmission between the two VM devices.

After triggering the task of hiring NPC workers, The Cowboy Brick Factory will automatically spend 23 silver coins from the account every day as the "Wages" of these employees.

Compared to the wages of at least 10 silver coins per day for players, hiring these NPCs to work can be said to be very cheap.

Tomorrow and Bunny agreed together, and immediately agreed happily.

Of course, in order to prevent these players from being less human than himself, Lucius immediately added a sentence later.

"The minimum food standard per person per day is a half kg of green wheat. Of course, this is only the minimum nutritional standard. If you want them to work harder, you can buy more meat and fish, or even go to the forest to hunt some prey for them."

Can feed NPCs! Good guy. This game is not only a business element, but also a development element.

Tomorrow and Bunny's eyes lit up, and they immediately said vowedly.

"Don't worry, Master Manager, we will definitely feed the workers to make them fat for nothing!"

"That's right! Even if I'm hungry, I won't let them go hungry!"

Emmm... There is no need to be so exaggerated. In fact, eating too much is not conducive to working. There is such an example in the shelter.

But Lucius didn't say anything. Exploration itself is part of the fun of the game.

These players will naturally find a suitable path, and it is enough for them to grasp the general direction. Manipulating everyone's life is neither realistic nor necessary.

...

The 23 survivors settled in the brick factory, from refugees to brick burners at the shelter.

They camped very fast, and in less than an hour, they copied the shack they made in front of the south gate to here. Although it looks a bit crude, there is no problem with sheltering from wind and rain.

For survivors on the wasteland, quickly building a shelter that can withstand wind and rain is almost a must-have talent. On the contrary, the players are not very good at it.

Even Mr. Garbage who claims to be "Picking Up Trash Level 99" has never picked up garbage in reality, at most he has gone downstairs to take out garbage.

Watching these survivors build the shack, Lucius found Aries and a survivor from outside Spring City, gave them a VM dedicated to NPC, and appointed them as foremen, responsible for communicating with the players.

If other survivors have any opinions, they will report to the players as soon as possible. In special cases, they can use the "Mission system" to ask players for help.

However, the task rewards of different NPCs all have fixed gear restrictions, and they cannot randomly throw money at players.

This is similar to other MM games. The highest gear Lucius set for the two foremen was only 2 silver coins, which could only be released once every 72 hours. The lowest level is 5 copper coins, and the CD time is 24 hours.

If there are any difficulties in life, such as the shed is leaking and fuel is needed, you can issue the lowest level of tasks to the players. If someone is sick, or someone is injured, you can use the highest level of rewards to issue tasks.

Of course, Lucius did not tell these NPCs the name of the "Mission system" and its true meaning, but only abstractly told them how to use these functions carefully and seek reasonable help from those "Omnipotent" blue coats.

Like other NPCs, every time a mission is released and a conversation with players is made, a record will be left in the VM.

Lucius would ask Luka to come over after a while, use VM to collect the data, bring it back to the shelter for archiving, and review the data with AI assistance.

Only through these data, Lucius can easily grasp the communication and interaction between the players and the aborigines, and can also easily check whether these NPCs have released some missions that "Do not match their personal settings and identities".

If there is, Lucius will deal with that "BUG".

"The newly implemented rules will definitely have loopholes. It just so happens that there are few people in the beta test stage, so you can slowly try and make mistakes."

Looking at the distant figure, Lucius touched his chin and thought.

"...After the internal testing stage, a relatively complete NPC and player interaction system should be formed."

Um. As expected of me!

Having arranged everything here, Lucius left contentedly.

...

6 p.m. Wasteland time.

After Bunny went offline, he immediately posted on the forum.

"Extraordinary, extraordinarily! The Cowboy Brick Factory will officially open from tomorrow! There is a big discount event for the opening, and all orders will be 10% off tomorrow! Players who need to build a house, what are you waiting for? Hurry up and place an order!"

At this moment, it is 6 o'clock in the morning on the real side.

The general forums are empty at this time, but the official website of "Wasteland OL" is just the opposite. Usually, this point has the most people.

Scrambled Eggs: "How much can you produce per day?"

Badass Bunny: "Not too much, not too much. At present, it is no problem to produce one or two thousand bricks a day. Before the end of the month, we will strive to produce tens of thousands of bricks a day! ( ; ^⁠ω⁠^⁠)"

Scrambled Eggs: "Awesome!"

The Thunder King: "Boss, give me a ton!"

8th Level Gale: "Our bricks are not sold by the ton. The specifications and sizes are fixed. They are all sold by the block. 100 standard bricks cost 1 silver coin."

Get Up Ten Times A Night: "Brother Gale your really too innocent , what are you saying those kind of things to The Thunder King, he doesn't even have the qualifications for beta testing. ╮⁠(⁠.⁠ ⁠❛⁠ ⁠ᴗ⁠ ⁠❛⁠.⁠)⁠╭"

Forbidden City: "Hahaha, do you need silver coins for 100 bricks? I beg you to use a pen to do the math. To build a house would cost hundreds of thousands of bricks, at least? Not to mention, our small two-story house It only took 500 thousand s bricks, and it costs thousands of silver coins to build a house? I heard that you only need single-digit silver coins for a task? Hehe, your game is quite realistic."

Irena: "Brother, is your name called the Forbidden City right? Then I advise you join construction work to gain some experience, before you write nonsense in forum. (⁠ ⁠´⁠◡⁠‿⁠ゝ⁠◡⁠`⁠)"

Keeping People Under The Knife: "Hahaha, let's slap it, the Forbidden City is really useless."

Irena: "I'll just say it offhand. (⁠≧⁠▽⁠≦⁠)"

A toilet with an inner area of ​​2.5*2m is 3 meters high, and the wall area is 27 square meters. There are 96 bricks in the 18cm wall, and 2600 bricks are more than enough. Even if most players choose to join houses and build a larger and taller townhouse together, the per capita will not exceed 5,000 bricks.

100 bricks for one silver coin, 50 silver coins per person, this price is still very reasonable.

In the later period, the demand for bricks may increase in price, but the increase and decrease are limited within 100%. Unless the NPC warehouse in charge of the price adjusts the benchmark value, it will increase to 2 silver coins at most.

After all, if it is more expensive, everyone will go to think about building houses with wood, and the gain will outweigh the loss.

Brother Forbidden is still the same, just like his ID, rebellious and unrestrained, he runs away after pretending to be forced, and doesn't care about anyone.

After all, it was a version pet, and everyone didn't care, and continued the topic just now smoothly.

Picking Up Trash Level 99: "Boss Bunny, I'm a newbie, can I get credit if I don't have money?"

Badass Bunny: "No, brother, we are just part-time workers, and the majority of the shares are in the shelter collective. But it doesn't matter if you don't have money. Welcome to the brick factory to play. We suddenly have a bunch of NPCs here, which is quite interesting."

Get Up Ten Times A Night: "Indeed, if you bring prey to them, they will not only say thank you, but will immediately set up a large pot to stew the prey, and then share the best leg meat and the first bowl of broth with you. These NPCs seem to be alive, hey, I have played so many games, but this game, the interaction between the player and the NPC is the most comfortable I have ever seen, and the details are the most awesome!"

Picking Up Trash Level 99: "Damn it? Are you hanging like this? Wait, did you rescue the NPCs from the predators?"

Tomorrow Seeker: "Yes."

Mole In The Hole: "Crying with envy! We are still doing tasks for NPCs, and you have already started calling NPCs! (⁠。⁠ŏ⁠﹏⁠ŏ⁠)"

Ward's beriberi Levine: "F*ck! I don't care, we have to have it in the steel plant too!! (⁠ノ⁠`⁠Д⁠´⁠)⁠ノ⁠彡⁠┻⁠━⁠┻"

WC Really Has Mosquitoes: "Yesss, Goblin technology also needs NPCs!(⁠ノ⁠`⁠⌒⁠´⁠)⁠ノ⁠彡⁠┻⁠━⁠┻"

Get Up Ten Times A Night: "Go, Go away, why do you need an NPC? Use it as a human bomb? I advise you to be a human being."

Tomorrow Seeker: "Well, it's actually not as exaggerated as you think. Most of these NPCs can't interact with each other, and they will say 'Thank you', 'Yes', 'Obey', and 'Brick burner', etc. I took a closer look, and only the NPC wearing the VM device is truly interactive, and the rest don't seem very smart."

Mole In The Hole: "Well, that's about the same as I thought, it would be more reasonable. If all NPCs can interact, the server of this game is too awesome."

Now there are few people in the cowboy brick factory..When the number of players increases in the later stage, even if the ratio of NPCs to players is 1:10, it is enough for this server to explode.

8th Level Gale: "...I think just a virtual reality technology is strong enough."

Mole In The Hole: "Leaving that aside, have you tried communicating with that NPC that can interact? Did it trigger any special dialogue? Or hidden missions or something?"

Tomorrow Seeker: "...A hidden mission?"

Mole In The Hole: "That's right! Normally, don't those NPCs with rich texts generally have hidden tasks to do? Isn't that what's written in those virtual reality online game novels? Don't you all knows?"

Tomorrow was silent for a long time before replying.

"...Um, of course I tried, but it doesn't seem like it's meant to trigger the task? They just burn bricks. The task assigned to us by Manager is to let them repair the brick kiln."

Mole In The Hole: "Hey, you guys still lack imagination! This kind of MM, let alone a role like a foreman, even a plain old hen at the gate of novice Village, as long as its clucking sound is different from others, it will, If it’s not good, it might be a hidden boss! Forget it, it’s useless to talk to you so much, I’ll go online and try it myself in a while.”

Tomorrow Seeker: "...I warn you, don't mess around, it's a big problem that affects the production of our brick factory!"

Mole In The Hole: "Hey, no, no, I'm just talking to him! I promise not to touch your NPC!"

Tail: "Oh, that sounds interesting, let go and try!"

Sisi: "Oh, go!"

...

Ever since he was thrown into the dungeon by the predators that day, Aries never thought that one day he would be able to come out of the dungeon alive.

To be honest, the current life is like a dream to him.

With comfortable quilts, a warm brazier, and abundant food, they only need to work 16 hours a day, and the rest of the time is their own. Not only that, those blue jackets with great skills can occasionally catch a prey or two, and serve them as meat.

To be honest, Aries felt flattered every time he took prey from those shelter residents.

They have seen how ruthless these people are. Even those predators behaved like chickens in front of them, not daring to take a breath. It was the first time Aries saw those vicious ghosts with such frightened expressions on their faces. In his cognition, predators are already at the top of the food chain.

"Hi, what's your name?"

Hearing that a resident of a shelter spoke to him, Aries immediately stopped, glanced skillfully at the VM worn on his left arm, and read with a non-standard pronunciation.

"Hi, my name is Aries. I'm the foreman here. How can I help you?"

These strange pinyin were taught to them by the old Luka a few days ago. It is not difficult to learn the pronunciation of each phonetic symbol, but it is a bit awkward to use.

Hearing his words, the residents of the surrounding shelter were instantly excited.

"He can talk!"

"Sure enough, it can interact!"

"Dude, can you call Ollie? Please."

"Get out! Dude, don't listen to him. Do you have any secrets? Tell us, we will help you solve it!"

Aries looked bewildered. His VM didn't respond, didn't tell him what these people were talking about, or how to respond.

According to the manager's request, he remained silent, but the residents of the shelter surrounded him relentlessly, babbling non-stop.

Aries panicked. He was worried that if he ignored the behavior of these people, he would anger them, and if he didn't do it, he might cause death.

After all, this is the age when a person's life is thinner than paper. He doesn't think that his life is more precious than these people in front of him.

At this moment, Aries suddenly remembered another sentence that the manager told him before leaving.

If these shelter residents don't go around him, just click the gray circle button in the upper right corner of the screen and read the pinyin line displayed on the screen.

Without hesitation, Aries immediately complied.

Swallowing, he said with a stiff expression, "My fellow workers are starving, we need a fish, can you give us a hand?"

Hearing this sentence, the players around were so excited that they almost cheered.

"Whoa! It's done!"

"Is the keyword 'Task'? Well, next time, try using another syntax to see if it can trigger a similar effect."

"The task requires fish, right? Alright!"

"It's shown on my VM! I'll pick it up—hey! Why is the reward only 5 copper coins?"

"Maybe part of it is the favorability? Is it a loss to exchange a fish for 5 copper coins? Has any of you ever sold fish?"

"Never mind him, I've accepted the mission, any fish will do, right? Let's steal one from the fisherman by the lake!"

"Go,go,go!"

Aries didn't know what he meant, nor did he understand the players' answers, but he got a fish after a while. Moreover, this fish is not small, it is as long as an arm, and the powerful fish tail keeps flapping left and right, splashing water everywhere.

Aries swallowed again. This time it was greedy. But having said that, he still didn't forget the manager's instruction, and quickly clicked the green tick on the VM, and read the words displayed on the screen.

"Thank you on behalf of the worker brothers, have a great day, generous sir, this fish has helped a lot! We have no more trouble for you, or can you come back tomorrow?"

Hearing this sentence, the players around left disappointed.

Holding the steaming fish soup in his hand, Aries, who was eating with his co-workers, thought for a long time but couldn't figure out what he had said to disappoint the blue coats like that.

But he didn't dare to ask more. Those blue coats are big men. The only one who can control them is the manager who always carries a hammer.

The manager has repeatedly said that they are forbidden to reveal any clues about the mission system, and it is also forbidden to communicate with the residents of the shelter on this matter.

Aries didn't dare to disobey that lord's order, he swore that he would not reveal a word even if he died.

In any case, this fish stew is quite delicious, boiled with a few pine nuts and salt, it is simply delicious. After finishing the bowl of fish soup in hand, everyone has more energy to work!

6