Chapter 110. Sir, I want to borrow some seeds from you
103 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[ Task: Devil Moth Hunting (Repeatable). ]

[ Introduction: Devil moths nest in the ruins of the greenhouse, which means there are things like fusion batteries or emergency reactors, which are exactly what we need. ]

[ Requirement: Bring back 1 devil moth corpse. ]

[ Reward: 1 silver coin. ]

——

[ Task: Devil Moth's Cocoon (Repeatable). ]

[ Introduction: The cocoon of the devil moth is a good thing. We can use their silk to make clothes or armor. And I heard that the pupa inside seems to be edible? ]

[ Requirement: Bring back 1 devil moth cocoon. ]

[ Reward: 5 silver coins. ]

——

[ Task: Raid the first floor of the greenhouse ruins. ]

[ Introduction: We need to open the way to the underground of the greenhouse ruins to safely obtain the "Treasure" there. ]

[ Requirement: Close the gate on the first floor of the greenhouse and cut off the connection with other floors...]

...

Evening.

Brother Mole led a group of players who got into trouble with Devil Moth's Lair, sang triumphant songs, and pulled five carts full of trophies, returning from the direction of the greenhouse ruins.

"Sweet crooked sparrow ~ sleeping on the antenna mast~~~"

"Lard bone, bring it to marinate, I forgot to wash the egg~~~"

"F*ck, what the hell are you singing about?"

"That's right, what are you singing about? We just died a brother, and we have to send another one away later, can you be more serious!"

"I wash kelp, wash kelp~~~"

"F*ck, who will sew up this Mole's mouth?"

"Come on, I'm good at this."

"Don't, ah, ah, I have made contributions to the planning! I have shed blood for the base! You can't do this to me~~~"

Facts have proved that the devil moth is not endless. If one time is not enough, then come twice, and if two times are not enough, then come the third time, and the fourth time.

For two days in a row.

Eighteen players formed a "531 lineup" according to Brother Mole's strategy, and divided into two convoys to attack in turn. In the narrow passage, a large number of devil moths were killed.

Some were burned, and some were stabbed to death with cold weapons.

Interestingly, these devil moths do not seem to have fully inherited the habits of moths, or they have evolved a special habit similar to hive consciousness.

When the number of groups in the space dropped to a certain level, these insects suddenly gave up their suicidal initiative, but retreated to the nest, protecting the larvae and the cocoons that hatched into adults, and under the cover of shadows, they were able to resist those who entered the nest. The target launched a sneak attack.

This has had a certain impact on the players' fixed routine style of play.

According to Brother Mole's understanding, it is likely that the dog planner discovered that they were using "BUG" to spawn monsters and adjusted the server parameters.

But it's not a big problem. The devil moths left on the first layer were no longer enough to pose a deadly threat.

The strength-type players were still in the front row, and the agility-type players were in the back. The group quickly harvested the devil moth cocoons near the exit of the passage, packed up the corpses of the devil moth near the exit of the passage, and went home with rich spoils.

Although they paid the price of one death and one crippling, compared to their gains from this trip, the little loss they paid was not worth mentioning at all.

The corpses of more than a hundred devil moths piled up into a hill, and there were more than a hundred cocoons the size of footballs. If it wasn't for another batch of devil moths coming up from behind, they would have taken away a little more.

Coupled with a small amount of spiritual leaves harvested from the planting unit, the total income of the mission reached 841 silver coins!

41 silver coins per capita!

Of course, it is impossible to divide the money equally. Human life and equipment loss are all costs, but after all, at least everyone can get more than 33 silver coins.

This is much better than burning bricks.

A group of people passed the east gate.

After exchanging supplies from the outpost, Iron Axe Wade and a few natives who had just come out saw the devil moth corpses and piles of moth chrysalis piled up on the wooden cart, and their faces showed shock.

Of course they knew what it was. Especially in summer, the season when the spirit leaf grows most luxuriantly, this thing is simply the god of death in the wilderness, and there is not even a complete corpse in the sweeping place.

However, why did this bug appear in Spring City? And where did the spirit leaf come from?

The weather is already several degrees below zero. Don't the moths here need to hibernate?

"They can defeat even devil moths..."

"It's unbelievable how they did it."

"They come from the east... the eastern city, where there is a nest of devil moths."

"We need to stay away."

Several clansmen with croissants on their shoulders murmured softly, but Iron Axe Wade, the leader of the clan, was thinking about other things.

Walking all the way from the northern part of the River Valley Province, in order to survive, they experienced countless vicious fights. In one of the most dangerous battles, both his father and uncle died in the struggle to escape from the gunpoint of the slaver's slave catcher.

There were more than fifty young and middle-aged men in the original clan, but now there are only those in their early twenties, and the rest are old, weak, women and children, and even unweaned babies.

Now that there are strong people who are willing to protect them, it is time to seize the time and cultivate their health and rest.

However, the problem now is that due to the previous series of heavy losses, the number of women in the tribe who can still bear children has far exceeded that of men who have the ability to bear children, and many of them are connected by blood.

Marriage within a small tribe is a very troublesome problem. For the health and strength of the newborn, his tribe needed fresh blood. And these powerful fighters seem to be the best choice.

Recalling the long conversation between the elders of the clan and him last night, Iron Axe Wade didn't say a word on the way back this time.

After ordering his clansmen to store the exchanged food, he returned to the outpost alone and found the ruler at the gate of the shelter.

Lucius glanced at him.

"What's up."

Iron Axe Wade lowered his head and said in a low voice.

"I want to borrow some seeds from you."

Borrow seeds? Strange, you nomads still farm?

Lucius thought it was very interesting and said with a smile.

"Unfortunately, we don't have any seeds. I'm afraid I can't help with this. Besides, the snow is so heavy outside that the soil has already been frozen. Even if we get seeds, I'm afraid they won't be able to grow them."

Wade scratched the back of his head.

"No, you may have misunderstood me. What I want to borrow from you... is not the seed, but that seed."

"What and that?" Lucius frowned, looked at him and said, "What do you want to say, just it clearly, don't mess around with me."

Wade didn't dare to be sloppy, so he quickly explained.

"That's right, it's for breeding people."

Hearing this sentence, Lucius almost choked on his saliva.

What the hell? Either I heard it wrong or I misunderstood it. What the hell is breeding people?!

Noticing the change of expression on Lucius's face, Wade was stunned for a moment, not wanting to understand why the lord reacted so violently.

But he continued to lower his posture and asked sincerely.

"Our tribe has experienced a big war a few days ago. The population is thin and needs to be supplemented with fresh blood. We dare not ask for your blood. We only hope that you can nod and allow unmarried young women in our tribe to come to your camp Borrow it for a few days."

"We won't let you do us this favor in vain. As a reward, we are willing to donate a camel skin and a dagger to the father of every newborn."

Speaking of this, Lucius finally understood what this guy meant. Come to think of it, how did the tribal people get the concept of integrity.

A large tribe with a prosperous population, in addition to the union within the tribe, can also plunder foreign tribes to obtain slaves, and reproduce offspring through slaves. Small tribes whose population is not thriving can only rely on the strong to obtain fresh blood from the suzerain.

"I understand your difficulties, but I can't help you with this service," Lucius said with a serious face, "We are a serious game... Well, I mean, our customs are different from yours. I can consider other services Think about it, but it really doesn't help."

What's more, even if he want to help, he can't help. Lucius had read the instruction manual of the training cabin before, and he remembered very clearly that the genetic factors of these clones seemed to be difficult to win the lottery?

Originally, they were not designed for normal reproduction. They were just "containers" for the players' consciousness bodies, and "products" made by the training cabin.

Especially for heterogeneous sequences, genetic factors cannot be passed on to the next generation stably at all, and even due to chromosomal abnormalities, even functions are directly castrated.

What's more, "Wasteland OL" is a fun game that focuses on leisure.

Without even thinking about it, Lucius decisively refused for the players.

Customs?

Wade was at a loss and didn't understand what the lord meant. But judging by the expression on his face, he seemed dissatisfied with his proposal.

Think about it too, after all, these homeless people come from the wilderness. Even if it was because of his fear of illness, it was impossible for this leader to allow the strong young labor force of his own clan to waste their vigorous energy on foreign women.

"I was the one who was abrupt."

Wade bowed his head regretfully and ashamedly, and after expressing his sincere apology, he turned around and left under the curious eyes of the players around him.

The players whispered quietly.

"What are they talking about?"

"Have no idea."

"Farming! I heard Master Manager mention 'Farming'! I know that word!"

"You know how to farm."

...

Late at night.

The natives who built the camp lit a bonfire in the center of the camp.

Flames flickered in the snow. The refugees sat around the bonfire, blowing flutes made of animal bones, singing babbling ballads, and eating muddy broth and black scones, celebrating the end of the journey, to pray for the newborn.

Although the players were curious, they didn't get close to the past, they just stood on the fence and watched from afar.

"What tune are they playing?"

"I've never heard of it. It's probably the BGM of the Alpha0.5 version. Didn't I say that the new version will focus on the development of human-computer interaction systems. But I didn't expect this production team to be a bit awesome and also added their own culture."

"The bone flute they used is quite interesting. Let's see if I can buy one tomorrow."

"What if it's made of human bones? Do you want to blow it?"

"F*ck, do you want to be so curious?"

"It's just a reasonable analysis. I heard that some African tribes will make their parents' bones into musical instruments after their parents die."

"Thank you, I have been honored."

It's not just the players who are curious. Standing on the third floor of the nursing home and looking out, Lucius also had an expression of interest on his face.

Unexpectedly, these refugees actually have their own unique tribal culture. These settings can be updated on the official website to pass the time for those cloud players and satisfy their hunger.

Just don't know what to call these people. Lucius thought about it, and decided to give them a name after a while, and make a flag or totem or something.

"This song is really nice."

"Do you want to record it? Master."

"Can you record this far?"

"There is a technology called laser monitoring. Even if it is far away, as long as a beam of light passes by, the audio can be recorded through the vibration frequency of the object."

"You still have this ability?!"

"Of course, the range of a few hundred meters is fine, and it can also reduce the noise of the audio."

"...Then record it."

It is also good to record the original soundtrack and put it in the database of the official website. It can be regarded as an investigation of the customs of the wasteland.

After 12 o'clock at night.

Lucius carried Popo back to the shelter, then turned on the system and checked his Manager's allowance.

In nearly half a month, he actually saved 222 points.

"Two high-level blind boxes, two intermediate blind boxes, and two elementary ones... let's just smoke it."

It happened that the lollipops were almost eaten.

There is no point in hoarding points, there are daily tasks to do every day. Now the number of players has increased. If you are lucky, you can save more than ten or twenty points a day, and if you are not lucky, there will be seven or eight.

Lucius stretched out his hand and tapped the drawn button a few times.

Light blue light flickers. The wall on one side of the resident hall trembled slightly. As the alloy door opened, the rewards from the blind box were sent out along the conveyor belt.

Two primary blind boxes, a bag of 500g of white sugar and a bag of 500g of salt were opened, and a box of antibiotics and a treatment needle were opened for the intermediate blind box.

Generally speaking, it's not bad, and even Lucius himself felt a little surprised if he was lucky. Although there are no needles for adding attributes, the sugar, salt, and medicines that are prescribed are all good things.

As for the advanced blind box... To be honest, it's a bit lax.

"A mechanical compound bow with a sight. It seems to have a motor on it, and it can also be equipped with batteries. It seems that it can be charged to shoot? But there are no special arrows?"

He can't shoot arrows, this thing can only be used by players.

"And what is this... a grenade?"

Lucius picked up a silver-white ball from the conveyor belt, but he couldn't find the pull ring after searching for a long time.

He held it in his hand and tossed it lightly, weighing the weight. Lucius really couldn't figure out how this thing works, so he glanced left and right, trying to find a target to see if it hurts to hit someone.

Seemingly unable to watch it any longer, Popo, who was quietly squatting aside, reminded in a weak voice.

"Master……"

"That thing is not what you are thinking it is."

.......

If you wanna read 35+ advanced chapters, check out my Patreon page...

patreon.com/KarmaLord

5