Chapter 111. Hummingbird! and auctions!
116 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This little guy is actually a drone? Well, almost made a fool of myself.

Seeing the two pairs of propellers popping up above his head, hanging and floating the silver metal ball in front of him, Lucius poked it with great interest.

Can it be adaptive and stable?

"Interesting."

Change the propellers into wings, paint the sphere in gold, and make it a little smaller, so it looks like the golden snitch in Harry Potter.

On the light blue label attached by the system to this thing, the five words 【 Hummingbird Drone 】 are written, and it is equipped with a long list of instructions for use.

To put it simply, this thing can be connected to any electronic device with imaging technology and information transmission function, and only needs to insert a thumbnail-sized plug-in.

The common interface on the VM just fits this plug-in. However, is this thing a weapon? Lucius looked back at Popo.

"Why didn't you say so earlier?"

Popo said aggrievedly.

"But you didn't ask me, Master."

Emmm...

It seems to be too. Lucius didn't blame it. After playing with the toy for a while, he continued to ask.

"What's the use of this thing? Can it shoot?"

Could it be a self-destruct? If it's really a one-time consumable, that's too bad.

Popo: "Its function is mainly for reconnaissance... For such a small guy, it is not easy to integrate a long-life battery and a motor. Surely it can't carry combat parts?"

"Reconnaissance?" Lucius stood beside the drone and observed for a while. Why didn't I see its camera?"

Popo continued to explain.

"The camera has been integrated with the surface material, and it must be invisible to the naked eye. But don't worry about performance. Although the camera is small, it is very powerful! The 60 dot-matrix camera clusters distributed on the surface of the sphere can have no dead ends. It collects 360-degree area high-definition images, which can be used even in nighttime environments.”

Although the camera cannot be seen, the whole body is covered with cameras that are smaller than a pinhole. Is this what you mean?

Speaking of having a camera, doesn't it mean that you can take pictures? Although Popo can also take pictures, but because the range of activities is too small, at most it can stand on the nursing home and peek at the player's work.

With this thing, you should be able to take a lot of interesting photos. Add a little filter, a proper movie-level game CG.

Lucius touched his chin and continued to ask.

"What about the flight altitude? There's also the distance, working time, and... how to charge it?"

Popo replied quickly.

"Charging is very simple. The drone has a built-in wireless charging interface. It can be automatically charged in the shelter like me, and I can share part of my power with it."

"As for the flight altitude, it is recommended to fly at a low altitude below 100m. Although it is not impossible to fly to an altitude of hundreds of meters in theory, it is recommended not to stay at high altitude for too long. Working at high altitude for a long time will not only damage the engine. The load will also bring safety hazards.”

"As for the distance, if there are not many obstacles, it can be used within a range of three kilometers, but it is also not recommended to be too far away from the terminal. After all, this is a close-range reconnaissance drone. The advantage is the long battery life of nearly 12 hours and the complexity. Overcoming obstacles in the environment... long-distance reconnaissance is still a bit difficult."

When encountering a place with many obstacles, the signal transmission will be affected.

However, the control chip of the "Hummingbird" UAV has an integrated automatic return program. Once the connection is lost, the AI ​​will be activated automatically, and the UAV will be controlled to return to the starting coordinates or the preset assembly point according to the video images in the cached data and the estimated route.

After understanding the function of this little guy, Lucius reached out and took off the drone, and the more he held it in his hand, the more he liked it.

If you throw the drone into the sky before fighting, it is equivalent to inserting a real eye on the enemy's head. Video and images can be received through the VM. It's just too awesome!

"Master……"

"What's the matter?" Hearing Popo's voice, Lucius glanced at it curiously, "Is there any other function that hasn't been introduced?"

"That...can you give it to Popo?" Popo suggested weakly, "Your VM can be directly connected to the main server of the shelter, and all the images I see can be directly transmitted to you. You give it to me, and Popo can see farther, and it will also help you monitor the activities of players more conveniently."

"That's a good idea." Lucius's eyes lit up.

This thing is certainly useful in battle, but there are not many chances of going to the front line. In addition, the defense power is piled up like an iron bucket, so multiple of these things are actually not that useful.

It's better to take it to spy screen. No, it should be said strategic investigation!

Popo continued.

"Master, when I helped you sort out the information yesterday, I noticed that a signal tower seemed to be mentioned in the guard's diary? If the power supply of that signal tower can be restored, the signal coverage of Shelter may be further expanded. oh."

Lucius placed the drone on top of Popo's head, and continued talking with great interest.

"You mean...the signal tower used by the guards to communicate with the survivors on the surface? I have considered it, but based on the clues returned by the players exploring the map, it seems that there is nothing to gain."

Popo continued.

"The function of that signal tower should not be just to communicate with the surface. According to the clues in the recording, it seems that the refuge has been collecting radio signals on the ground as analysis samples for several years after the war."

"According to my speculation, this signal tower should have complete signal sending and receiving functions. Maybe we can use it to provide information services for players' VM devices. In this way, even in areas far away from the shelter, you can release the mission to the players."

Lucius said with a smile.

"It's a good idea, but the question is where do we find this signal tower? Do you have a map?"

Popo said immediately.

"Although there is no map, it is obvious that this signal tower is near us? If the nearby two kilometers area has been explored by the players—"

Hearing this sentence, Lucius suddenly reacted.

"No. 76 Street?"

Popo said happily.

"Hmm! Master is awesome!"

Really, after eliminating all wrong options, the final answer will naturally surface.

To the west and northwest of Wetland Park is the lake, to the south is mostly wasteland, abandoned buildings, and abandoned park facilities, and to the south is Beit Street and the Fifth Ring Road to the south of Beit Street.

As for the area going north to the abandoned tire factory, the players in the shelter have already figured it out. The only thing they haven't explored is No. 76 Street directly opposite the east gate.

Speaking of which, the ruins of the greenhouse seem to be at the entrance of 76th Street. The range of activities of the players is getting closer and closer to the border of mutants.

Lucius looked at the map and fell into deep thought.

"Tsk."

"We have to figure out a way to get rid of those green-skinned muscular guys."

...

Next morning.

The heavy snow has rested for a while, and it seems that today is a rare sunny day.

At the entrance of the weapons store, a large circle of people was bustling.

Later players stood on their tiptoes, looked through the crowd, grabbed the players next to them, and asked what was going on.

"What happened? Why are there so many people crowded here?"

"Auction in the weapon shop!"

"Auction?! When will there be a team battle again, why don't I know?"

"It's not a team battle, it's just an ordinary auction! I don't know what's going on, it seems to be a temporary event in the game, haven't you checked the official website?"

"No! As soon as I got home, I put the helmet on my head before I took off my clothes!"

"Damn it, you don't even take a shower?"

"Wake up in the morning and wash it! How can reality be as cool as a game?"

"Crazy crazy."

Lucius glanced at the crowd around him, seeing that it was almost time for people to come, he cleared his throat, raised the bow in his hand, and said in a solemn and solemn tone.

"...This is a mechanical compound bow from the deepest part of the shelter. There are legends about it... Well, in fact, it has not left any legends."

"Single is not important!"

"Brand new limbs, polished strings, graduated zoom sights, battery packs and electric drive to charge the pulleys! Helps you deliver the killer blow! It's the undisputed latest, for Born to hunt. The legend about it is waiting for you to write!"

"The starting price is 100 silver coins! Each price increase must not be less than 1 silver coin!"

The moment the voice fell, the atmosphere at the scene boiled instantly.

"101 silver!"

"I offer 102 silver!"

"Damn! Something's wrong with you! I'll give you 110 silver!"

"My hand is 120 silver. No matter how you look at it, this bow is better than a gun. If you use a three-edged arrow, it might be able to shoot through—"

"130 silver! You talk too much!"

"180!!"

The shouts were broken. There was an instant silence.

Everyone looked at the person who was asking the price. They thought it was Mosquito who never went to the front line, but it turned out to be "The only book brother who was personally banned by the planner" on the forum- [ Mole In The Hole]

Can he use a bow and arrow?

Feeling a little embarrassed by everyone's eyes, Mole argued with a red face.

"I'm in the agile department, is there a problem?"

There was no sound. Due to his momentum, players, who was close to him, beeped softly.

"Without……"

"Right--"

"Cough, I'm 188, make up an auspicious number."

"!"

Mole, who had just been complacent for two seconds, suddenly turned his head to look at the raised hand in the crowd. Seeing this, the people around sighed one after another, and Mosquito really made a move.

After the price broke 150, it was a fight between the gods.

Players in the third tier have withdrawn from the bidding, and players in the second tier remain on the sidelines.

To be honest, anyone can sell weapons to anyone, but Lucius doesn't want to sell them to Mosquito. Every time this guy takes any item, he never uses them, and keeps them as collectibles.

For example, the scorpion-style submachine gun, and the double-barreled shotgun that the big boss of the Blood Hand clan left behind, Lucius never saw this guy bring it out and use it.

Stock up with wool! Can you have cubs or what can you do?

At this moment, a big hand of justice was raised.

"200 silver!"

"F*ck?!"

"Two, two hundred?!"

The eyes of Mole and Mosquito were instantly rounded. Looking back suddenly, the person who raised his hand turned out to be Tomorrow, who entered the game earlier than them.

The players around were also whispering.

"200 silver for a bow?!"

"Crazy, this money can buy two guns!"

"But I think it shouldn't be a loss. For example, attaching explosives to the triangular arrow...Have you ever played Graphics Crisis? That's what I'm talking about."

"MMP, don't talk about it, I want to buy it even in the intelligence department!"

"Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo"

Tomorrow ignored the whispers of other players, looked at Brother Mosquito, and smiled embarrassedly.

"Brother, give me some face... I bought it and it is really useful for me."

Among these players, probably no one knows how to use bows and arrows better than him.

Mosquito reluctantly spread his hand, expressing surrender.

"I give up."

Even if he didn't want to give up but his pocket won't let him play anymore.

He did make a fortune selling wooden bows to newcomers before, but he also spent a lot of money on "Invention and creation". In addition to the previous purchases, the money in his pocket added up to 190 silver.

Cried Mole with a look of annoyance.

"Hey! Where did you get so much money? You embezzled public funds!"

Before Tomorrow could speak, Walker came out.

"Hehe, do you think we don't do anything else besides burning bricks? Not to mention anything else, just the exclusive task of the brick factory, to increase the daily output to more than 5,000, there will be 100 silver coins directly—"

Before he finished speaking, Bunny covered Walker's mouth.

"Okay, okay, don't talk."

If you are heard by the planner, you will be careful.

But that being said, the 200 silver coins were actually all deposited by The Cowboy Team. The reason why Tomorrow didn't raise his cards before was actually discussing with his teammates.

Without going around in circles, he wanted the bow. His current archery hit rate is already able to hit a moving target 50 meters away. If he can get this bow, his combat power will be directly multiplied several times, and the team's DPS will also increase a lot!

The other three teammates didn't have any complaints either. They also hacked together when they played other games, and it was the same if they changed games.

The team's output has increased, but you still worry about not making money? Especially Walker, who is most supportive of Tomorrow. After all, the bolt-action rifle he is using now is what Tomorrow proposed to raise funds for him.

Mole In The Hole: "Oh, you are really rich."

Tomorrow smiled and said: "I'm sorry brother, next time I have something good, I will definitely not grab it from you!"

Mole In The Hole: "I remember that!"

Just like that, the fight between the rich players came to an end, everyone dispersed and went about their business.

Brother Mole is still the same as yesterday, pulling the convoy formed on the forum, and rushing towards the copy of the greenhouse ruins together. As for the two brothers lying dead in the team, they were replaced by two freshmen of the strength department.

Insect-type dungeons are rare and difficult for perception-type players to play. Most of the insect-type variants seem to have their own hidden bonuses, and they can't perceive them at all.

The official website forum has reached a consensus. When downloading this kind of dungeon, it is better to bring two more tanks with scouting. If you can resist it, you will have output.

As for The Cowboy Team, Lucius specially used the drone to observe and found that they did not stay in the brick factory, but walked out of Wetland Park along the north gate, and went to a collapsed department store between the tire factory and the abandoned construction site.

Is there something there? Lucius was very curious, but he didn't follow the drone. After all, it was more than three kilometers away, and the signal was somewhat affected.

Anyway, if they found a good thing, they should bring it back to themselves. When the time comes, they will look through the strategy on the official website, and they will naturally figure it out.

...

All the combat professional players have gone to work, and there are only newcomers on errand tasks left in the base, as well as life professional players who play "Wasteland OL" as a health-preserving game.

When Lucius walked into the Shuri hut, the ingenious Ms. Shuri was standing on the bench, facing a wooden board painted with charcoal pencil, teaching three intelligence department students how to use the leftovers from fur coats. Leftovers are used to make leather goods such as gun holsters and scabbards.

"...There are no two identical leaves in the world, and there are no two identical furs in the world. You must remember this sentence well."

"If you want to become a qualified designer, you must first learn to distinguish the subtle differences between furs of similar sizes. Only when you have selected the materials can you start the next step. Have you understood?"

Shuri, who is standing on the bench and giving lectures, is just like a teacher in the first class of kindergarten. The three players stared at each other, obviously not understanding, but still nodded in confusion.

"Understood!"

"Awesome!"

Seeing that his students are so savvy, Shuri nodded in satisfaction, patted his black hands, and jumped off the bench.

Just at this time, she saw Manager standing at the entrance, and her eyes lit up.

The hidden mission delivered to your door? !

"Well, you should think about it yourself first!"

After throwing down a sentence, Shuri immediately walked towards the entrance and said excitedly.

"My dear Manager, do you have any orders?"

Lucius went straight to the point and said.

"The outpost recently captured a batch of devil moth cocoons. The devil silk drawn from these cocoons is all high-quality materials. I would like to ask if you have a way to weave them into usable cloth."

"Weaving?" Shuri looked blank, "I remember that before weaving, you have to reel the silk?"

Honestly, she won't.

If it is just clothing design, such "Basic" knowledge is not needed at all. Even the fur processing she is doing now is taught by herself through the learning materials downloaded from the Internet after playing "Wasteland OL".

Now Master Manager has given her another problem.

Although with the help of the Internet, it is not difficult to find some public information. But what she wasn't sure about was whether the information she found was still valid for devil moth cocoons.

By the way, does anyone really make clothes out of moth cocoons? As strange as it sounds.

Lucius looked at Shuri and continued.

"Whether it is reeling or whatever, I need it to be turned into usable silk thread and cloth. If these materials can be used, we can make lighter and more durable armor, and the excess products can be replaced with our urgently needed The lack of food... do you have any good ideas?"

Although he didn't have much confidence, when Shuri learned the importance of this task from Manager, he nodded energetically.

"Although I haven't tried it before, I think I can give it a try!"

At the same time as the voice fell, a task pop-up window was received on her VM.

[ Task: Textile Craft ]

[ Briefing: The outpost has obtained a batch of devil silk. These are high-quality materials, but if we want to turn these materials into silk threads and cloth, we must first solve the problem of production tools. ]

[ Requirement: Make a spinning machine and a loom. ]

[ Reward: 100 silver coins. ]

[ Remarks: Although a manual spinning machine and loom are enough to complete the task, if you can combine the current needs of the outpost to make a production machine with better performance, it may trigger additional hidden rewards. ]

100 silver coins! When seeing the task reward, Shuri's eyes instantly turned the color of silver coins. Especially the note at the end.

If you can make a production machine with excellent performance, it may trigger additional hidden rewards!

"Don't worry, my lord Manager!"

With his index finger poked on the VM screen, Shuri raised his head excitedly, and continued vowing, "Shuri will definitely live up to your expectations!"

"Well, please."

Lucius nodded in satisfaction.

If he had to figure out these troublesome things by himself, he would be able to think about it until next year just by making steel.

But with these industrious and brave little players...

Lucius suddenly felt that life in the wasteland was actually not as difficult as he imagined.

......

If you wanna read 35+ advanced chapters, check out my Patreon page...

patreon.com/KarmaLord

6