Chapter 112. NPCs come to the players’ market to set up stalls?
121 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Official Website:

Tomorrow Seeker: "A new landmark is unlocked in the north of the abandoned construction site. There are a lot of eaters in the abandoned department store! We have basically emptied the eaters on the first floor, but when entering the basement, the VM prompts that the radiation index in the current area exceeds the safety threshold. Well, let me just say it, there are probably good things in the basement. Is there a player with a physique system? We are just short of a physique system."

Sisi: "Me, me, me!"

Tail: "Tail too! Uh, I seem to be agility-type, but it doesn't matter, I can sneak attack! (`ω′*)"

Tomorrow Seeker: "Sorry, that one can't bring newcomers. Let me talk about the requirements. The physical attribute is 10 points, preferably 10 points or more."

Tail: "(⁠っ⁠˘̩⁠╭⁠╮⁠˘̩⁠)⁠っ"

Irena: "My physique is LV4, my main attribute is exactly 10 points, and my talent... Forget it, just pretend I don't have it. ╮⁠(⁠^⁠▽⁠^⁠)⁠╭"

Tomorrow Seeker: "Brother, read the private message."

Picking Up Trash Level 99: "Do you want a lizard? I may be resistant, whether it's radiation or poison!"

Get Up Ten Times A Night: "You first find a way to get out of the shelter. (⁠≧⁠▽⁠≦⁠)"

Picking Up Trash Level 99: "Damn!"

Shuri: "I got up at four o'clock in the middle of the night to watch the PPT. I saw that I almost forgot to go to work. There are still a few things I don't understand. Huh, bald, this game is getting more and more difficult! (T ^ T )”

WC Really Has Mosquitoes: "If you don't understand, just ask, goblins want to know if the PPT you read is serious?"

Shuri: "(*?ω?)?╰ひ╯"

WC Really Has Mosquitoes: "(?Д?*)"

Today's official website is still calm.

Except for a few old brothers who quarreled over which type of steel to use for seamless steel pipes, the entire forum was very harmonious.

Lucius didn't participate in the topic, but silently marked the accounts of these old buddies and arranged them on the next batch of lists.

Don't beep, you can do it. When the Alpha0.6 version comes out, you will show it.

In fact, Lucius has always been curious, the forum of Wasteland OL is so punished every day, how come it has not been blocked by the wall until now?

The official website has been online for more than a month, and now the daily activity has almost exceeded 10,000, and there are not many people.

That kid named The Thunder King must have reported a lot. However, it's really useless.

"Outrageous."

Including being able to deliver the helmet to the player's door without anyone knowing it. If this is something that black technology can do, then this technology is indeed outrageous.

It's almost like magic...

Playing with the ballpoint pen in his hand, Lucius, who was leaning on the chair, smashed his tongue. At this time, he suddenly thought of the "Morphological field" mentioned in that recording.

"Popo."

Popo, who was charging, raised the camera.

"What's the matter, Master."

Lucius thought for a moment and said.

"Have you heard of morphing fields?"

"Isn't it the main research topic of Shelter No.404?"

"Huh?" Lucius sat up from the chair in surprise, looked at the wastebasket squatting in the corner and asked, "You know?"

"Master... As I said before, the information that Popo archives is all obtained from you." Popo's voice sounded a little helpless.

All right. I am very happy. But it's irrelevant anyway.

Lucius leaned back on the chair, dropped the pen in his hand, picked up the mouse, and typed "Stars" in his inventory, starting a new round of watching the sea.

...

Since being equipped with the "Hummingbird" drone, Popo's field of vision has expanded a lot.

The silver-white ball usually hovers quietly about 50-100 meters above the outpost, and no one will notice such a small spot. If necessary, it can also be deployed around the park. As long as it does not fly beyond three kilometers, the signal is very good.

Through the VM device worn on the arm, Lucius only needs to swipe the touch screen with his index finger to drag the drone horizontally to redeploy.

This feeling is almost like playing an RTS game from God's perspective. The only pity is that players have their own ideas, and he can't frame the blue villain on the screen for micromanagement. Otherwise, it's really the same as an RTS game.

Peeping the screen was so fun. Lucius, holding the VM, dragged the drone to the entrance of 76th Street for a while, and the OB players who brushed the greenhouse ruins dragged the drone near the mutant tribe for a while, look at those what are the green-skinned muscular guys busy with?

Hmm, it does seem to be quite busy.

A few more corpses were added at the gate of the village, but the strange thing is, apart from those guard posts that were open and hidden, none of these muscular men came out of the village.

Where did these corpses come from? Did it come out of nowhere?

It's a pity that the mutants' village likes to use wood as the dome, and there are some rags and clothes hanging in the corridors, so you can't see the situation inside from a high altitude.

Perhaps? Should I randomly select a small player to give away the head? It is not impossible to get in there.

It was not until the battery of the drone bottomed out and the automatic return was triggered that Lucius reluctantly put away the VM and returned the control of the drone to Popo.

...

It was approaching dusk. The market in front of the North Gate is very lively.

There are stalls selling barbecue, some performing mushroom eating, and some selling clothes, knives, and even "goblin bazookas".

It has to be said that each of these players is talented. Even if the game itself does not provide much content, they can still create content and have fun playing it themselves.

The aborigines living nearby were also attracted by the lively atmosphere here. However, they were embarrassed to get too close. Coupled with the fact that they were shy in their pockets and had no silver coins, they watched around enviously for a while, and then quietly left.

"The market for blue coats is so lively."

"The clothes they make are so beautiful, and so are the people."

"I saw the shell of the split claw crab. They used the shell of the split claw crab to make the armor? Although it doesn't look durable, they actually killed the split claw crab!"

"It's really extravagant that they use charcoal to grill meat."

"It would be great if we could do business with them..."

"Yeah, children can't just drink milk, they still have to eat some porridge or mush when they are older... Their croissants are good, and they are bigger than the ones we saw in the north."

"I don't know if they need short-term labor. There are not many prey in winter. It would be great if they can exchange their strength for some money."

"I'm trying to save some money to buy an axe. Their axes, they seem to be stronger than ours. They're made of steel...I've only seen steel tools in the big survivor strongholds."

Sitting in front of the fire in the center of the village, the refugees ate big pancakes, drank camel milk, and whispered softly, all with envious expressions on their faces.

Those blue coats are not like them, who need to pile up a large and tall campfire to keep warm. Instead, they use that kind of small torches, dipped in black tar, to light up the entire camp.

Simply too rich! But envy is envy. The dignity of identity is engraved in DNA.

They are already very satisfied to have a place to stay next to the stronghold of the big forces without being expelled. At least for now life is quite satisfying.

Looking at the curling black smoke floating in the camp in the distance, Wade, who was sitting with the clansmen, fell into long-term contemplation. Nothing to say all night.

Next morning.

Wade went to the shelter alone, and after consulting the guards on duty at the gate, he met Lucius who had just come up from the shelter.

"My lord, I have one thing I would like to ask for your help!"

Again? Lucius yawned.

"Seeds are not borrowed, so let's not talk about it."

Wade explained with his head bowed in embarrassment.

"I was the one who was abrupt last time. This time I came to you, not for the matter of seeds."

Lucius looked at him curiously.

"Oh? Say it."

Wade didn't go around in circles, and said frankly.

"My clan wants to set up a stall in the market at your north gate, please allow us to borrow a piece of land the size of a camel's skin."

How big is a piece of land the size of a camel's hide?

Lucius had never used such a strange quantifier.

However, the point is not area.

"Is it a stall, what do you want to trade?"

Wade continued.

"Some leather products, picked up parts, tools we built ourselves, and prey and so on... I use my head to assure you that my people will not make trouble for you, we just want to change some grains and potatoes class, to feed our children."

Guaranteed by the head is okay.

Ordinary survivor settlements are actually very repulsive to do business with refugees. After all, it is usually difficult for these wandering people to come up with any good things, and no one likes barbaric stall owners.

But if you look at it from another angle...

Lucius thought for a moment. With an idea in mind, he looked at the patriarch in front of him and said.

"I can allow you to enter the market at the north gate, but you must abide by the rules we set. Such as ensuring that the business projects conform to public order and good customs, keeping the roads in front of the stalls clean and tidy, not hindering traffic, prohibiting private fights, prohibiting forced buying and selling, prohibiting the private sale of slaves, the prohibition of the sale of addictive drugs, etc.”

"In addition, to operate stalls in our market, we must and can only use our legal currency. Any goods sold must also be of guaranteed quality. In case of disputes, the provisions in the terms and the arbitration results shall prevail."

"The detailed rules are posted on the notice board at the north entrance. If you can accept it, I will give you a booth."

Wade nodded respectfully.

"We are willing to accept, my lord."

"I hope you have seriously considered the weight behind the word 'Willing'," Lucius looked at him and said, "That's the decision."

...

In fact, allowing these nomads to deepen communication with the players, Lucius has gone through a lot of deliberation.

This was far earlier than when Wade came to him on his own initiative. When managed properly, proper trade dealings can enhance the relationship between both parties.

The players got benefits, the natives got rations, and he naturally stuffed copper and silver coins into the pockets of the natives.

This wave, of course, is a win-win situation. Maybe it should be called triple win? After all, he won three times.

Evening.

The little players who went out to work carried today's trophies and returned to the shelter one after another.

Just when they were planning to set up a stall at the North Gate Market to do business, they were suddenly surprised to find that an NPC stall popped up at the North Gate?

Aren't all NPCs operating in the base? Could it be that the increase in prosperity has triggered a hidden plot?

In front of the booth, two NPC ladies dressed in animal skin clothes and dressed in exotic styles sat on the floor, with a pot of charcoal fire next to them.

Both of them are not very old, and the bigger is only in his early twenties, with a calm demeanor, quiet and little movement. The young girl was about fifteen or sixty-seven, with a pair of big eyes blinking and looking around, full of curiosity about everything here.

The two are probably sisters.

The light of the charcoal fire reflected on the wheat-colored cheeks, covering the malnourished complexion, making them look rosy and shiny.

In front of them was a piece of camel hide. On the camel hide were ornaments made of colorful stones, scrap parts, iron daggers, scabbards, gun holsters and other small things, as well as freshly slaughtered hyena meat.

And it's a good leg and tenderloin. In addition, there are some freshly expressed milk in containers such as iron cans and aluminum cans. In short, there are everything on the stall.

Although the players are not very short of prey, they are still full of curiosity about the NPC that suddenly appeared in the player's trading market.

"Why is this NPC in our market?"

"So cute!"

"Where's Brother Mole? You know what I mean."

"Hey! You all know the book, who is to blame if you are banned?"

"Uh, we haven't talked about the script yet."

"!!!"

"The tail feels so big!"

Lucius was also curious about what these natives were selling, so he went to the stall and took a look.

Seeing Master Manager coming, the players immediately stepped aside, eagerly waiting for the triggering of the plot.

Lucius looked at the two of them and asked.

"What are your names?"

Just as the older one was about to speak, the younger one stretched out his arms and vigorously raised his hand to answer.

"My name is Akiba!"

Lucius probably figured out the naming style of this tribe. He probably called it whatever he saw or happened during the trip. After all, it sounds more normal than Iron Axe.

"What about your sister?"

"Autumn Grass!"

"Puff."

Lucius almost couldn't hold back his spray. But he held back.

"……Good name."

Secretly observing the expression on the face of Manager, the older sister whispered.

"My lord, my sister is still young and lacks discipline. If I offend you... please punish me, and please don't make things difficult for her."

"No, your sister is quite cute."

After asking so many questions, it seems petty not to buy anything.

Lucius glanced at the things on the booth. Next to each commodity, according to the rules he set, Arabic numerals were clearly marked on the wooden board with the price.

These numbers were taught by Lucius, mainly for the convenience of players to understand.

Very well, these refugees are very obedient. They are not as "Evil" as people say.

Putting down a silver coin, Lucius picked up a smaller plastic bottle.

"Try camel milk."

Autumn Grass: "Ah, camel milk is the bottle next to it—"

"It's okay, milk is fine."

After finishing speaking, Lucius took the plastic bottle and went to Yaya for appraisal.

The little girl wanted to catch up and explain clearly, but her sister, who was blushing and silent the whole time, stopped her, shook her head at her, and whispered.

"We can't go through that door, we can't run around in the market, and we can't contradict that lord, do you understand?"

"Everything here belongs to him, just give him what he wants."

What's more, he paid the money very well. Although the tone may be a bit harsh, but a benevolent ruler.

The little girl looked aggrieved.

She is obviously kind, but she still has to be scolded by her sister.

"All right."

Even as she said that, she still panicked in her heart. That is definitely not camel milk...

The older sister smiled softly and stroked her younger sister's head.

"Good."

The players around were talking about the plot just now. Although some versions were outrageous, they made a rough guess.

Especially seeing that all Managers bought it, they all followed suit.

"Give me a dagger case!"

"Which one is camel's milk? I want camel's milk! Huh? Is that how it's pronounced?"

"The one just now is gone!"

"What is this fruit? It looks dark and not autumnal. Can it be eaten?"

"Never mind it, buy it and give Boss Yaya a taste and you'll know."

7