2: Rapid advancement from sticks to stone and entering the Instance Dungeon [REVISED]
408 12 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It didn't take long for Estelle to find a medium-sized park. However, it was already occupied by a gang of shady, burly, and fat ugly bastards.

Due to the upgrade in her Stealth Combat Specialization, the thugs of the gang hadn't noticed or felt Estelle's presence until she was directly in front of them a few meters. Her sudden appearance before the group stunned them as they weren't expecting someone to just appear out of nowhere and waltz right in on their meeting in the middle of the night.

However, they couldn't see her appearance and even when she was standing so closely, it was hard to feel her existence, so they were a little wary of her, except for a few who were the easiest to rile up.

"Hey bitch, this isn't the time and place for you to wander around. Leave everything you have behind and fuck off before we beat you half dead, got it?"

Estelle wondered what it was with these NPC's dialogue being so vulgar but still chose to ignore it since they would become experience points sooner or later.

Before her approached five men walking with a strange gait they probably thought looked cool or intimidating, but honestly looked comical, cringe at best.

The thug who spoke was in the lead and was now a meter away from her. When he took his next step, he suddenly discovered the person that was supposed to be in front of him disappear followed by a sharp, mind-numbing pain coming from his crotch.

-13

A damage indicator in red appeared where she struck then faded into the background.

6.5 hearts turned black signifying the drop in health as his health bar depleted to 3.5 hearts.

The thug who was arrogant earlier now had a pale face as he knelt on the ground covering his bloodied crotch. The next thing he saw was a blunt dagger stabbing his eye before he lost consciousness forever.

The other thugs behind him froze, not expecting this outcome at all, before furiously pulling out their weapons shouting at her, and calling for backup.

Estelle quickly collected the materials and items fallen from the dead thug's body which was rapidly decaying. The sight startled the rest of the thugs and their bodies began trembling. Meanwhile, Estelle equipped the new sharper dagger she acquired from the dead thug in her off-hand, dual-wielding two daggers.

Two of the thugs pulled out pistols and fired wantonly in her direction. A majority of the shots fired missed her, whereas a few lucky shots were aimed at her vitals.

As if time slowed down to a standstill, Estelle predicted the trajectory of these bullets frozen an inch outside the barrel of the gun. She forced her body to move and twist at an unnatural angle, avoiding a bullet aimed at her heart, then deflected the other bullet aimed at her stomach with the blunt dagger in her 1st hot bar.

Ting!

Two things stunned these thugs silly. The first was her strange movements and ability to block and dodge bullets, and the second was the initial thug who approached her had by now turned into a skeleton.

Spooked, these low-level thugs desperately tried to run away, but how could Estelle let these free experience points escape her so easily?

The blunt dagger that had blocked a bullet had its durability drop to 1%, so after one more use, it would become useless.

Estelle threw the dagger at the furthest target, directly piercing from behind his knee and through his kneecaps, incapacitating him as he fell face forward onto the pavement.

The other two thugs closer to her had bloodshot eyes and swung their weapons- a machete and an aluminum bat- on either side of her body. One came down at an angle toward her left shoulder and the other horizontally toward the right side of her head.

Raising her left arm which was now empty, the Runic Band (Alchemic) lit up with a green hue. The band that looked like a tattoo wrapped around her wrist expanded until it looked like magic circles floating around her wrist. [1]

Transmute!

The aluminum bat that was about to hit her head suddenly and mysteriously bent at a 90-degree angle, just barely grazing past her cheek.

Meanwhile, her right hand raised to block the machete coming from the left. She didn't stop at blocking, but parried it, causing the thug to stagger backward with disbelief on his face.

'How could a woman with such fragile-looking arms contain so much power?' he thought.

So much so that she overpowered him, who though not as packed as other thugs, still had a considerable reputation for being quite strong in their little thug group. The strength from a player's physique was beyond human, and Estelle's simple parry caused him to fall backward even after swinging down with all his might.

Estelle didn't care, she simply punched the wrist of the aluminum bat thug, breaking his bones and causing him to drop the aluminum bat.

Estelle grabbed the ownerless bat before it fell, straightening its form back to its original appearance. The runic band floating around her wrist dimmed before returning back to its tattoo state.

Estelle threw the dagger at the stumbling machete-holding thug and pierced his throat, instantly draining his health down to 6 points with an additional 0.5 points dropping every second.

If he didn't find a way to stop the bleeding, he would die in the next dozen seconds.

In the time it took for him to bleed out, Estelle had killed the once aluminum bat-wielding thug along with the incapacitated gun-wielding thug and several others that tried to kill her. The rest of the gang ran away in fear, leaving behind a bloodied girl surrounded by skeletons; their flesh and clothes turning into experience points or items.

Such a scene would naturally frighten faint-hearted people, especially since the bloody girl had a bright smile on her face with clear eyes as if what she did wasn't homicide but picking fruit from a tree.

The reason for her excitement was that her level had increased to 32 while she obtained a lot of items.

From the loot she gathered, there was an Aluminum Bat (25%), a High-Quality Stainless Steel Dagger (17%), a Rusted Iron Pipe (3%), a Wood Plank (3%), a Pistol (S&M, 2%), a Pistol (Glock, 5%), Pistol (Colt M1911, 5%), Roll of Hundred Bills (2), Lether Jacket, Safety Boots, Watch (Casablanca Theorema), Human Flesh (13), Human Bones (10), Human Eyeball (6), and a Phone (iPhone 12, 78%).

The durability of certain items represented different things; a phone's durability represented its battery percentage, while a firearm represented its ammunition.

"Decent harvest. But my inventories getting a little crowded and unorganized."

One of the abilities of the Runic Bands was that they could store materials or resources. Estelle played around with her inventory for a while, and certain materials such as Human Eyeballs, Bones, and Flesh were placed inside the Runic Bands. Things she didn't need or were junk were directly dropped from her inventory, and thrown onto the side.

Finally, she could get started with her game.

Estelle approached one of the larger trees and placed the palm of her left hand on its trunk. The tree trunk's diameter was a little over a meter which she was satisfied with.

The Runic Band on her wrist lit up in green and rotated slowly as she began to 'mine' the tree.

To outsiders, it looked like she was standing there with her hand on the tree, but if one were to focus closely they would see cracks spreading outward from her palm like slithering snakes, crawling up the tree trunk. As soon as the cracks had spread to cover the entire tree, it 'shattered' into chunks each a cubic meter wide.

Everything from the leaves, sticks, apples, seedlings, and oak logs was absorbed by the Runic Band and stored inside the materials storage.

In total, she harvested 7 blocks (units/cubic meter) of Oak Wood, 3 stacks of Sticks (192), 3 stacks of Oak Leaves (192), 5 Oak Saplings, and 12 Apples.

Estelle immediately activated her Forgery Runic Band navigating to the crafting table. The myriad runes changed until settling on a 3x3 grid floating above her palm. All of her Oak Wood were placed inside the crafting table and converted to Oak Wood Blocks (24).

3 Oak Wood Blocks were placed inside the top three boxes on the grid. In the center and bottom middle grid were Sticks.

Finally, the raw materials were fused to create a wooden pickaxe.

Unlike the original Minecraft, Estelle didn't need to "equip tools" on her hot bar but could place it inside the Runic Band enhancing its Transmute and Absorption abilities.

The crafting table rune was quickly replaced by an image of a wooden pickaxe.

Without any pause in her actions, Estelle placed her hand on the ground beneath her feet. Cracks spread out from her palm in a 1x1 meter box and a second later a block of dirt was excavated from the earth disappearing into her Runic Bands' storage.

Estelle repeated this process five times until she finally hit a harder substance. This time, the excavation time was slower than when she dug out dirt or chopped down the tree, but still made visible progress.

A second later a unit of stone was extracted and stored in her Runic Band materials storage. A dozen seconds later, Estelle placed a block of dirt below her and magically raised herself as she returned the earth to its original state as if she hadn't dug it out earlier. However, the earth beneath this certain spot would be hollow and might collapse in the future, but that wasn't of Estelle's concern. Unbeknownst to her, this would actually impact a certain someone in the future.

Appearing once again on the surface, Estelle opened her crafting table grid and crafted a Stone Pickaxe (100%), a Stone Shovel (100%), a Stone Axe (100%d), and a Stone Sword (100%). The first three tools were stored inside the Runic Band but the last was considered a weapon, therefore it couldn't be stored but had to be placed inside the Hotbar or inventory, which it was.

Why did she create a Stone Sword when she had an Aluminum Bat, a Steel Machete, and several Pistols? Because they were already low on durability and couldn't be repaired without the base material it was made from. It was safe to have a backup in the event her weapons fall apart and she was left defenseless or armless.

At the same time she created the stone tools, an advancement was made — Stone Age!

Stone Age:

  • Mine Stone with your new pickaxe.
  • Permanently increase stone harvesting by 15%.
  • Stone Tool durabilities increased.

This information came as a surprise to Estelle since there wasn't anything like it in the original game. Even with mods.

But her surprise was further deepened when she saw the flashing icon of the Locations panel.

Opening the panel, Estelle navigated her way to the Instance Dungeon category and opened it.

Instance Dungeons Available — 1

Subterranean Dungeon (Low-level) is primarily made up of mobs from the undead family.

Warning! All dungeons have the possibility of the following:

  • 0.1-0.0001% chance to enhance ALL stats of a specific mob.
  • 100% chance to spawn low-level mobs.
  • 25% chance to spawn mid-level mobs.
  • 1% chance to spawn high-level mobs.
  • 0.001% chance to spawn advanced-level mobs.
  • 0.0000001% chance to spawn supreme-level mobs.
  • 25% chance for uncommon loot to spawn.
  • 1% chance for rare loot to spawn.
  • 0.001% chance for epic loot to spawn.
  • 0.0000001% chance for legendary loot to spawn.
  • Probabilities vary based on the level of the dungeon.

Estelle excitedly chose to enter the Instance Dungeon post-haste. Her figure vanished in the night, leaving behind a pile of skeletons.

Almost the same time she entered the dungeon, a figure in red leaped from the branch of a tree, landing on the ground in front of the skeletons.

On the chest of this red figure were two D letters intertwined together. There were also two studs-like pointed horns atop its mask with blank white eyes.

If Estelle saw this person's appearance, she would be surprised to find that it was actually Daredevil from Marvel, whose real identity was Matt Murdock, a blind lawyer from the Nelson & Murdock Law firm, established to help mostly the poor who couldn't afford lawyers' sky-high prices.

"Just what the hell happened here?" Daredevil said with a frown.

He chose to clean this place up before sunrise, lest it causes an uproar creating more chaos and trouble for the already troubled and overworked Daredevil.

19