Chapter 5: Thoughts… (Full parts)
548 5 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 5 

The third daughter of the Reign Family, Stephany Reign.
Month 5, day 11, A.T 882. Before noon.
Outside the old library.

(Ashtal’s note: Some of these characters were revealed at chapter 2, if you don’t remember)

“Won’t you tell me your name any time soon? Dressed like a noble, but has nothing in regards for proper manners. Are you not raised properly?”  I questioned the stranger.

I was confused by the lady’s rude conduct even though this was the first time I have met her. But I was able to compose myself before the situation got any worse. The person before me was a lady in her late middle age, wearing that vintage clothes; white long sleeves with frilly cuffs to add more beauty, a deep blue skirt and a strap were attached to it.

Just looking at her clothes, I could confirm she must be someone important from a family, or to a position. Her hair and eyes were blueish, just like the royalties I met recently on the cliff. Perhaps she is also someone related to the royal family.

That being the case, I carefully chose my words to insult her but not the whole family. Otherwise, I will be given a punishment from the empire, speaking insult to them.

When I think of such things, my eyes locked to one of her crests displayed around her chest, it had two, which the other was similar to the ones that I had seen in the royal family of the Demiurge empire, and the other seems to be the crest of the Handel Imperial kingdom. I had seen the flag of the Handel Imperial kingdom once, so I knew about it. 

Looking behind the stranger, if only this maid spread her horrifying experience here, it would only be a matter within the servants. However, I doubt that this stranger, or perhaps a princess too, will ever share her experience, since it is a noble’s behaviour not to be humiliated. 

I wanted to use ‘it’ on her too. Aside from my magic, I also have skills. Skills do not have any traits to consume the user’s mana, and it could only be obtained through training or from bloodcraft. It can be used finitely in a single day and does not have any after-effects for the user, but for the ones that do, it can be counted with fingers, however, their after-effects aren’t so severe.

My [Evil eyes] skill is one of them, it adapts from the effects of magic. Moreover, the effects can be overlapped with others many times. The time I used it on the maid behind this rude lady was [Fear] [Cold] and [Paralyze] magic, and looking at the behavior of the maid, it seems like it works perfectly. Thus, using those effects again but this time I did not consider using [cold] and let my [evil eyes] skill adapt to it. The magic I used now was [fear] and [paralyze], moreover, the magic circles did not appear but were immediately absorbed by the [evil eyes].

Or to make it more understandable, the [evil eyes] skill is basically a medium for the effects of magic. There are two methods to activate it, the evil eyes will take effect after being in contact with the other party. However, it will only affect the other party, and not the environment. The other method is, the user’s desire to activate it. The effect is also the same as the first but interchanged.

Meaning, it will affect the environment, but not the other party. The [evil eyes] skill can be combined with numerous magic effects and let it out at a single without adverse effects. The two activation methods can also be done at the same time.

Closing my eyes, and opening it again, I gaze at the lady.

This [evil eyes] skill could only take effect once the other party returns a look. Of course, it is a complete waste if the other party did not look, hence, I perfectly timed the way she looks. She gazes into me and starts to tremble like a squirrel in the ice lands. I don’t have any time for this lady, and I must hide from the prince and the princess, since they may find out I’m an imposter.

Certainly if they find out, they will not tolerate my actions by looking at my father’s position, since I was deceiving them, making rude actions, and having these silver hair. Wait a moment! my hoodie fell off again!

In a hurry, I quickly stood up and covered my hair with my hoodie. At this current situation, this is also what happened earlier, I let my guard down and was seen. Is this the end of my stay here? The stranger in front of me has the same bluish hair and eyes as the prince and princess, looking at her chest area, she has two crests on her.

Tsk. This is getting out of hand, I should better run away before my bad end in this place could continue.

“If you don’t, then don’t talk to me” I stated in a monologue, 

Gripping the doorknob, I close the double doors in a smooth way without waiting for their answer, and once I am through with this one, I shall use that teleportation called [blink] skill. I will have to transport myself to a  safe place. 

Unexpectedly, the lady grabs the doorknob outside. She was pulling it forcefully, but I was able to match it with hers.

“Please! Wait a moment!” said Lesly in a desperate manner. “I have something to talk to you, my dear Stephany.”

Why would she call me like that? We are no different from being strangers since we literally just met today! Moreover...

I don't know how she was able to break through her fear, not to mention, in less than a minute. I am impressed because out of all the maids I have tortured using my eyes, I haven’t seen anyone that could withstand my eyes in this world. Should I use fright? The upper version of fear, and only with that, I assume it would make her pass out, I can guarantee it.

Enough with that horrendous way of thinking, and focus on what she wants. Though saying that, I have almost zero clues, to begin with. We met at this moment with a rude and angry impression of each other, furthermore, the previous conversation does not even supply my train of thoughts. I’m missing a whole lot of information about them too.

Just what does she want? Does she want to look at me because I am similar to Artermia? Or maybe different? Does she want me to be outside to be seen by many people, a girl with silver hair that is said to be a demon’s offspring? I don’t understand

“What is that you want to talk about?” As usual, I replied in a nonchalant tone with no expression, “We are only a mere stranger that met on this miserable day, and yet, you still act as you know me. Do you have plans on deceiving me? Think again”

This time, I extracted mana from my mana pool and manipulated its movement. By doing so, I made my arm to be filled with mana, densely compressed yet could easily be controlled by the user. In other words, a substitution for strength, and energy. That’s why we, mages, do not need to train physically, but mentally. 

Since, depending on the behavior and capabilities of mana, it can easily be controlled. It is also the same way as crafting magic, manipulating the mana, making it adapt to an attribute, then converting it into an element. Or to put it simply, it is like making the water turn into gasoline, and that gasoline is the key to create electricity, but you still need to process it before it turns into what result you want.

This time I had used orange mana to dwell inside my arm, I could feel it harden while my blood was burning. I forcefully closed the door without a second thought.

A loud bang echoed through the library, but I didn’t mind it and proceeded to lock the entrance of the library. Since I don’t have an exclusive servant anymore, I do not have to worry about someone coming in. Moreover, the thing I’m worried about is the contact between the prince Dantallian, and the princess Jallian, if they do come here, I assume it would take months. And before long, I will isolate myself in this library.

But now that I was seen, my stay here won’t be too long.

Going near the door frame to pull down the metal beam, a voice from the other side followed. Together with a loud thumping noise.

“Please listen to me! I am Lesly Brothen Grawford, the crowned Princess of Handel Imperial Kingdom, and I am about to marry your Father!” this desperate voice came from the lady, assuming from the disturbance of natural mana.

I was surprised by the end of her statement. To think that she will be marrying father, no wonder he has changed considerably.

Actually, it does make sense. That explains why the Prince Dantallian and Princess Jallian are here, but the reasons for being there in the silent spring without any guards are still unknown.

Well, it is also my fault for isolating myself in the library for many years and did not gather any information regarding the events of the outside world. But that being said, why did the father marry such a woman? What benefits will he receive? He is a merchant in the heart, after all, there is no way that he will do such a thing if there is nothing to gain.

After marrying the princess, the husband will be a king right? And so will it be for the princess. Father is a Duke, so he will not have any problems becoming the king, let alone marrying the princess. After that, when he became the king, who will act as the head Duke of the family Reign?

I could either assume it is Linux Avel, the eldest son, or Merry De Lenn, the eldest daughter. And so, going back to the question, what gains or advantages will he be having? Comprehending it deeply, the only thing I could think of is territory and followers.

Once marrying the princess, he will be the King, right? If that was so, summing the two territories together, the Reign Dukedom and the Imperial kingdom. It is no doubt that my father will have the major power of the empire. Is he planning to overthrow the empire? What a terrifying plan, after this deep thought, I returned to myself, just in time when the lady continued.

“And since that was the case, I was hoping I could build a bond with you” The lady named Lesly, she added. “So, can I ask you to go with me?”

Remembering her reaction earlier about my appearance, she was not disgusted by it. I assume someone told her about me, the unwanted child in the house. But why would she choose to interact with me? If she was smarter, she would have build relationship with the future head duke of this family or someone with high influence aside from the duke 

I had so many questions that I wanted to ask, but even so, I wouldn't trust every word that she says. She might have planned on befriending me and revealing me in the public, just to cancel the marriage between them. 

Hypothetically speaking, if I join her, even just this time, I might accidentally meet the prince Dantallian and Princess Jallian. What should I do after that? Tell them that I am not their mother but Stephany? No, that can only do the trick if the other party is stupid enough to believe it, which I doubt they will. Not to mention, I haven’t changed my robe to something else yet.

Wait a moment, why does Lesly know me? While the Prince and Princess do not, and even mistakenly assume that I am their mother. As I have thought, Lesly is weird, she does not have my complete trust since the person is still a stranger. They are the Prince and Princess of the empire, and with the pressure from the expectation of their empire, nobles, followers etc. They are not stupid, hence, that is why I am extremely cautious about my actions evolving them. Well, the main culprit who started messing with royalty is me after all. It can’t be helped since the stuff of the emperor’s wife, or should I say the Empress Artemia, must be very valuable.

Of course, she should have a bookshelf with numerous rare books, it won’t be too bad if I smuggled her. But, it would be a problem if she suddenly appeared out-of-nowhere and have me punished for being an imposter.

“Hey,” Somehow, her voice has fallen into different levels, in other words, she was in a state of despair, or hopeless, “Are you still listening? It’s my first time being a mother, or you could say someone who takes care of others.”

I stayed silent, moments like this, humans are quite honest of themselves, however, if she is someone like an actor at this time of era. Then, Lesly is quite a terrifying lady. I hope father notices it too before unfortunate things happen between them. 

“Your older siblings are busy with political affairs, and their training in school” she continued her story as she let her head against the heavy door. “The young master Linux will be marrying the daughter of his majesty Hernaez, oh if you didn’t know. His majesty Hernaez is the name of the emperor who reigns many lands”

Wait, what? What was it again? Linux will marry Jallian? Assuming that the fraction of the two royal blooded Families are equal, there is no doubt that Linux will become the next head of the Duke Reign. That means we also have major followers and influence in this empire! 

Moreover, Linux is currently the one managing the fief despite being a student at the same time.

“They’re really the very best people, huh?” She lets out a dry laugh.

Her loneliness was displayed in her words, being busy will result in the other people related to being lonely, and you married the wrong person if you wanted affection. The duke is already busy being a duke, what would happen if he becomes the king? I think he would likely be more busy than ever.

However, no matter what her persuasion ability is, it will never affect me, unless it has something good gain and advantage for me, I might reconsider.

“Please! Lady Stephany of the Duke Reign, take my loneliness away! And I shall repay you with whatever you desire.” She stated.

Something like that, I really reconsider it.

Part 2

The third daughter of the Reign Family, Stephany Reign.
Month 5, day 11, A.T 882. Before noon.
Outside the old library.

 

As I detached the metal beam that served as a lock, and twisted the locket, the heavy double door opened by itself. It was because Lesly was leaning against the door, and little did she know, I unlocked it. Thus, making her fall flat inside the library. Well, I don’t have any intentions on making her life sail smooth when she’s with me.

It’s not like mine is going towards the direction I like either, so I might as well drag many people as I can. Ever since that day I killed Halsey, the maid, my life had been so active so far. 

‘Welcome to my dark side’ is what I want to say in this type of situation, but I swallowed it back to my mouth. I looked at her disgraceful figure, I wanted to snicker to make her feel shame, yet my face did not respond to it. I am slightly dejected about it.

In the first place, I can’t really do something about this emotionless face of mine. It was stiff and unchanging the moment I was born, I really do wonder how my muscles move. 

“If that is the case, I shall go with you” Saying so, I averted my gaze to the maid. 

Every entity made by mana, it can also be retracted only by the user of that very mana. Since the frozen icicles are the product of my mana, I can retract it anyway I want it to be. I manipulated the frozen, making its durability, its strength to fade. Thus, resulting in the frozen icicle to melt.

The maid looked dumbfounded as if something out-of-common sense happened before her. And with her trembling lips, she slips out a rude remark.

“Ho-how!?” Questioned by the maid.

Isn’t it the same case as everyone else? The maid, who attacked me earlier, retracted her shadow-like-hands when Lesly came. So why must you question me like that? And what rights do you have to question me? I am not acting highly because of my position or anything, but I don’t like getting questioned either. I am also not an ignorant person so stop thinking that.

I ignored the question by walking past her as if she was unheard

I wonder what place we are going. If I meet Grey or even Freya, I will have to use [Blink] skill to retreat back either to my room or the library. This is also what I had used to get to the silvering spring, and that time before I got caught by the maid. The prince Dantallian and Princess are no exception, I will highly rely on my senses of the disruption of mana.

I remembered that I have a spell that makes a territory of mana, and within that, I am able to know the movements of an entity. But, I have no time for casting it now that I am in front of people.

That aside, the wish I desire is a new library. However, despite that, I plan to go out to buy books in our town. Yup, that is decided and soon will be executed later. Of course, in secret. 

Actually, no. Perhaps being an adopted child of the newly imperial Queen and King. I might be able to gain the peace I wanted. Doing so, entering the royal library is not even a dream. But my appearance is another problem, and the fact of mages observing the royal family. Though, if I become a royalty, it would be easy for me to investigate the existence of mages

When Lesly got up from her disgraceful figure, she came up to me. The maid behind her seemed to recover as well, but did not add any question.

“Shall we go to the open-training ground?” she invited, whilst making the stiffness on her cheeks to loosen. “That is where your siblings await. After that, we will head to dining hall”

Hearing the word “siblings” made my body shiver, not in fear or fake trauma, but how troublesome this event will take. I might just accompany her mid-way and retreat back to my room. 

I responded with a slight nod and prepared myself for the dangers awaiting in my path. Lesly got ahead as if guiding me, I followed her from behind without making any noises. The maid is quite professional, despite wearing wet clothing she followed as if nothing happened. 

We proceeded through the pathway of the flower garden that led to the open-training ground. I haven’t seen these flowers for ages, and up to this today, it still mesmerizes me for its beauty. Not going to lie about that one, since there were so many variants of flowers at the field. The continous breeze made the flowers dance, appealing to oneself.

I gazed at it as I followed them from behind, of course, I did not let my guard down because of this. However, at that moment, Lesly swivels her head to me and asks.

“Now that I think of it, Lady Grey gave her reports earlier, she said you were running away from her, making your first lesson unattended. And, the fact that you haven’t taken any lessons, your frozen magic is already extremely powerful.” She suspects, “you should be powerful as you sibling, your brother Daniel”

The maid flinched for some reason, but I didn’t reply. Let them think more inside the box, don’t give them any more hints. The power of frozen; when used, it should be around this level. If not, they will grow suspicious of me. Certainly, I don’t know what standards of magic in this world has, but thanks to her commenting about my magic, I was able to determine it. 

Well, being suspected or not, is not a bad thing. Since I can stir their ideals and twist their minds more, making it difficult to deal with me. If they start monitoring me, I should flee from it. Of course, I won’t make it so obvious, because it might raise their attention to me. 

“Hm?” Lesly had a question mark on her face as she tilted her head slightly sideways, “Oh, right. I forgot about that. Please forgive my incompentent maid, who had done rude actions earlier.”

The maid bows down, and speaks in a hurried manner, “Milady Stephany, I am Rachael, a chamberlain for her highness Lesly. Please forgive my actions up until now”

Rachael’s face grew complexion and was breathing roughly. As I thought, she did not accept the fact that I have silver hair, and as powerful as Daniel. She feels ashamed for bowing to a cursed child like me. In addition, She suspects both me and my father’s actions, since I was not exiled or executed because of my hair. I ignored her just as ever, and questioned Lesly instead.

“Lesly, what are your thoughts to my cursed appearance?” That question is much more important than others.

I wanted to know her thoughts about my silver hair. If she hates it, I don’t think I want to be their adopted child. I won’t have that protection under her name. Of course, I won't do everything, as well as my adoption, to be hidden. I don’t want to be at the sight of the emperor.

“My thoughts, huh?” Lesly thinks deeply for a second. “It seems like Sir Alusu has yet to tell you about our relationship with the Emperor, huh? That doesn’t matter since it would be questionable if you do know despite secluding yourself in the depths of the Reign’s library.”

Did she just mock me? When I thought something similar to that case, Lesly continued.

“To make it easier to understand, I am the grand-daughter of the Emperor, His Majesty Hernaez. My Father - Maynard Grawford is his son, and he had inherited the captured Kingdom of Handel.” 

While still in confusion and sorting the information that I have, and given by Lesly, she continued. That was then I realized why she mocked me.

“Since that is the case, my beloved grandmother is Artermia Kolfinna Hildegarde, but we were close enough that I considered her as my mother. She was kind to everyone, and protected the empire for hundreds of years with her power. And what’s more, “She continued her story while slightly making a displeased expression. “She has that silver hair and red eyes like you”

Hearing that, made my mind go blank, making my comprehension ability stop for a brief second. For hundreds of years? Clearly she is not a normal human, but someone who can match the emperor’s immortality. Is she a mage sent from the authorities of the mage society to make the emperor in check? 

 Moreover, to think that Lesly is a relative of the emperor, someone that has a connection to the royal family. I must not let my guard down whenever I am with her, since she might call for Princess Jallian and Prince Dantallain.

While that is being considered, there is a slim chance that she may slip my name towards them. Wait, my father might also organize a meeting between me and them. If that happens, I will be charged as treason for being an imposter. Damnit, thinking of such possible things, I cursed myself. 

Wait, isn’t my father a Grand Duke? A position relatively close towards the emperor, in other words a royalty, the brother of the emperor! No, wait. I’m assuming something big here. Because considering that the emperor is immortal, and I had seen my father grow slightly old compared to when I last saw him.

There is a slight chance that father is also the emperor’s son, and that theory wouldn’t be weird. But why has he not told the emperor about me? After all, I’m still alive and fine. Is he afraid that it might taint his position as a duke? I don’t know anymore, humans are complicated creatures.

The appearance of Artermia is not surprising anymore, since I was introduced by her children recently. But why is the silver hair and red eyes being hated so much? When I thought for a brief second, Lesly continued. 

“Because of her personality to love and help everyone, regardless where they came from or who they are, she was consistently protected by the empire. For the fear she might taken advantage, and may damage for the empire’s reputation, worst case scenario, the empire itself would be at danger”

Why is that though? Why would the empire who lasted hundreds of years be at danger? I don’t understand. Moreover, why is she protected by the empire even though Princess Jallian claimed her to be powerful? If you tell me that is her personality, I am doubting since she has that cursed appearance. Not only that, the emperor executed those people who had that cursed appearance. It should be the same case as Artermia.

Wait, in the first place, why are you telling me this? Other than the relativity to my hair, there is no other reason to tell me. However, I won’t deny further details of Artermia and the state of the empire

In any case, Jallian mentioned it earlier, on how strong she is, but I lack information to confirm it. I too, question myself why did I pry into someone’s business? I started it first but I didn’t know the scale of this problem would be this big. I could always bail out by running away from this country, and never let anyone related see me.

“Her being, powerful, is true" Lesly said with a downcasted gaze, seeking into nothingness as she was drowned on her past “In fact, she raised a discipline who mastered the use of a bow, which is me, if you didn’t know”

Her last statement made the edges of her lips curve upward, but there was a sense of loneliness lingering in her eyes, which made it look like she was faking a smile. I ignored it and continued to listen.

“She even claimed the title [mage] for the strongest casters alive in this empire, champions amongst casters” Said Lesly as she resumed her walk.

Mage? I had thought that word was nonexistent. As I predicted, Artermia is a mage, that explains why she lives up till this date. For the case of the emperor, who is also the same case of Artermia’s immortality, I still raised my suspicion on him. 

This also explains why Jallain said “finite amount of magic”. Since, we mages are not limited in two magics or skills like the casters, but to the numbers of knowledge in which we shared and learned for many years. Each day, we are basked under finite amounts of knowledge, but that doesn’t mean we disclosed ourselves from other mages.

We mages are under the vow to protect humans, and not fight against ourselves. Those that ignored it, we immediately dealt with that mage. And by means of protection, we protect humans from a dangerous creature created from the unknown, we call them Beast. Since these beast’s goal is to make the twilight happen.

Beasts were born from the human’s negative desires and took a physical form from the mana. Their fighting power is prowess and there is no limit to how powerful they are, they consume the living things and make it their source of power. Fortunately, they cannot use mana inside them, but instead used them for their undying strength and vitality. They never die unless a mage uses powerful magics. 

When such beasts overrun the whole world, the twilight happens, the state in which the world would undergo reset. We cannot let that happen at all costs. But if you have wondered why I am here in this world of Leiterra, this is my answer. 

  • I died. 

If there are truly mages in this world, I have to be cautious about them. They seek the people who have talent to magic, and are capable of withstanding the knowledge of crafts. Assuming that is the case, it would take at least 10 years before the mage society was reborn in this world.

I don’t want to join them again, not because I’m rebelling against them or anything. But I want to control my life, rather than being a guardian of a useless race. In the first place, it's their fault for having multiple ugly desires and negative feelings, which only fed up the beasts.

Wait, Artermia being the case of a mage and has that last name “Hildegarde”, does that mean mother is also a mage? Then why did she die? Does my family know mages? I don’t understand anymore. 

“She was treated highly with respect and kindness. Yet, despite that, she fled 10 years ago with no known reasons why. Perhaps she has grown tired of us, or somehow there was anger born within her, even his majesty Hernaez was angry by her sudden action”

I know about that fact from Jallian, but I also don’t know the reason why she ran away. There must be something that made her run away! Actually, she is a mage, it is no wonder that she ran away. She is in the same situation as me, but not so much as being treated like trash in this household.

Being under a roof for hundreds of years, Artermia must have finished reading the books in their library, and wanted to read more by going outside. Well, mages are always thirsty for knowledge. So it’s possible to think that is her reason for her escape. 

No, maybe she ran away and met up with the other mages or was forcefully returned to her duties as a mage. Which is more reasonable why she ran away.

“She used your mother’s tamed elder dragons on her escape,” Lesly continued “and because of that, his majesty Hernaez foresaw it as a threat and banned every of her appearance. The elder dragon’s furious black-scale, and Artermia red eyes and silver hair.”

So that was the very story of this cursed appearance. I learned absolutely nothing, the information that I just received was more of a filler to the information I got from Jallian. Though, it's quite funny how these stories match up with other humans.

Suddenly, Lesly, who was walking straight until now, turned around and hugged me without any warning. The smooth and warm feeling envelops around me. To be embraced by someone other than Freya, a gentle one atop of that, though it isn’t bad, it’s not pleasant either. Lesly placed her head onto my shoulder, and said.

“Sorry for doing this without your permission, but can I stay like this for a while?” She requested, “From the moment I saw you, and every time I see you, you remind me of my Mother”

I am easily mistaken by others, I supposed. With that in mind, I can manipulate other people, only those who do not bear any anger towards the Empress, and those who do not know my existence as Stephany Reign. 

Lesly tightly embraced me, while Rachael had something to say but didn’t escape her mouth. Her body quivers as she looks at us from the side, I ignored her and simply returned the favor for Lesly, I hugged her too. 

 

Part 3

The third daughter of the Reign Family, Stephany Reign.
Month 5, day 11, A.T 882. Before noon.
Flower Garden of the Reign.

 

Afterwards, we proceeded through the long flower garden, Lesly stayed silent. She didn’t even try to engage in any conversation, but I didn’t really mind it, or in fact, I want it more to be like this, since it was calming and peaceful. Not only that, there are no people around us. Hence, enhancing the ambience more. 

The awkward silence was bestowed between us, it made me able to focus the disrupting natural mana nearby, but I was surprised that the presence of people was missing. And it seems that the open-training ground was also empty. Sure, it is weird, the natural mana earlier was disrupted spontaneously, however, it went calm.

Lesly and Rachael didn’t seem to notice it. I didn’t say a word about it and continued to walk.

When we arrived at the open-training ground, as I had speculated, the training ground was empty,  even servants or soldiers that usually patrol around this area are nowhere to be seen. I gaze at the mansion, in which Alusu’s office room was slightly visible from the glass window. Lesly notices me and follows a pursuit to her new-husband's office. Not that I thought it was sarcasm or anything.

“Where is everybody I wonder?” Lesly starts the conversation again.

She says that but Alusu’s figure is clearly visible at the black stained glass, so I shrugged her remark. 

It was the first time in a while since I had come to this part of the house, although this is truly a relaxing spot, with the calm pond, the rustling sounds of trees and grass, and the soothing shade made by the giant tree. But with the clashing of swords made, whether it is metal or wood, it destroys the ambience of this place.

I silently approached the tree and went behind it. The view of the calm pond was at the sight, it made my mind melt like it was pulling me in, this peace is something that I long for. The wind stirs gently as it flutters the leaves, and the bushes nearby. The thought of lazing around this area while reading, and having some refreshments wouldn’t be too bad, no, it is the most perfect plan.

Letting a long sigh, this desire of mine is only achievable if people were to not come here, even so often, it would be a great spot for relaxing. Lost in my thoughts, I suddenly sensed something moving at haste towards us, and without taking a peek from the tree I already know, it seems like this person is a soldier or a guard serving the Reign family.

Lesly and Rachael seemed to notice the soldier too, as it crossed the paralleled trees. They took precautions towards the hurried soldier as they seem to not trust the people here, even for me. It was a bad impression for them though.

When the soldier arrived in front of them, Lesly wanted to say a word, but the soldier cut her off by saying.

“Princess Lesly! The pope has arrived! But Prince Dantalian and Princess Jallian were caught in a fight between bandits on the silver spring!” The soldier says as he catches his breath. 

At that moment, I shivered and quickly used the skill [blink] to be transported to my room. I am sure that no one was there to see me suddenly vanish like that, and if I stay for a little longer, Lesly would surely make me join her destination. With that being the case, it would lead me to meet the royalties as Stephany Reign.

Though, my sudden disappearance would likely make them question where I go, but in a hurried manner, surely they won’t think any weird things.

Just an instant, I was in a dark room. A room which the light from the outside couldn’t come in, and on the floor was a mess, books, clothes, and other unnecessary things were left on the floor. 

That was my panic escape I guess.

13