Chapter 5.5: Lesly’s thoughts.
440 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Princess of the Handel Imperial Kingdom, Lesly Brothen Grawford.
Month 5, day 11, A.T 882. Before noon.
On the way to the open training ground.

I never had a child in my years until I met Sir Alusu, the hero who was summoned in this world to slay the demon king, together with the other heroic people, Yardros Reign, Grey Reign, And Jeanne Hildegarde, they successfully eliminated the demon king 20 years ago.

Thinking so, it takes me back when I assisted them with their food and water provisions, they had such a wonderful relationship until one was lost in the midst of battle, and other for another life. It also reminded me about Grandmother’s reunion with the heroes.

Grandmother - Artermia kolfinna Hildegarde was the first being that was summoned by his majesty Hernaez, she was summoned 300 years ago, and still lives up to this day for unknown reasons, Artermia also became the emperor’s wife.

However,  25 years ago when I was still a 15 years old lady, His Majesty Hernaez summoned another hero, and yes, this is about Sir Alusu, and Miss Jeanne. To our surprise, Miss Jeanne was actually a relative of Artermia, although their hair might have differed much, but not their personality. They acted the same like each other, as if just talking to one another was the same person.

It was extremely coincidental how they reunited. But it also pains me, that the emperor just takes someone to his own accord, which is no different from kidnapping people from another world.

About Sir Alusu, even without the title of a Hero, I would still have fallen for him, because of the way he speaks, the way he acts, his personality, and the way he treats everyone around him. Unfortunately, he was taken by someone who was summoned with him.

Marrying him now is not to insult his previous love, I truly love him from the bottom of my heart. Even if my hands cannot be held by him, I am happy just by staying by his side. It is not because of the selection of the king and the emperor, nor the politics, but it was us who decided it to be. I am delighted that he accepted me, despite being the 2nd wife.

Turning around to Stephany, as I have thought, being a mother without experience is hard. Stephany was not the problem that I cannot do certain things and allow ways to be, I need to be someone that could be relied on, and not spout nonsense without action, I am the starting bridge for the child's to learn. It was my fault, not Stephany’s cursed appearance.

Clearing my negative thoughts, I acted like I usually do. Opening myself as I did in front of the library, and letting myself learn about my new step-children. From what I have heard, Stephany was a mysterious child, she always isolated herself within the books of the library, and because of her cursed appearance, she withdrew herself from the family and kept distance.

Actually, I heard Freya is still building a relationship with Stephany, she wanted to understand Stephany deeply whilst uncovering her secrets. But, why? Stephany always hides inside the library, not even making memories of her childhood, she must have no secrets of sorts, right?

However, thinking that way, it makes my heart ache. Being alive only within the illusions of the book, not making memories to be remembered as an adult. It pains me, does Alusu not feel the same as I do? Even if she does not have to build special relationships with other nobles, she can still live a life like no other, she just has to stay with us in the royal castle.

I do accept her behavior, being an antisocial child, and a bookworm. Even the eerie side of hers, I accept her all just like Alusu did to me. Gazing at her silver hair and red eyes, she reminded me a bit of my grandmother, who was ultimately more powerful than any other caster. But because of the grandmother’s disappearance, it angered his majesty Hernaez, resulting in a complete ban of silver hair and red eyes.

I also heard that Stephany can disappear at any given time without notice, people inside the Reign family assume that with great fear against Stephany could lead them to hallucinate, which I find questionable. Previously, I have seen her reappear from thin air, I don’t know how she was able to, even I, who was given a title from the emperor “the arrow of the stars”, was not able to perceive her sudden appearance.

I heard she only has [frozen] as her magic, but it seems like she also has a skill to be invisible, or perhaps teleportation, but the teleportation is too great for it to be a chance. Moreover, the fact that she used [frozen] magic flawlessly despite knowing it yesterday, she must be a prodigy in terms of that too. I must tell this to Sir Alusu so that he must know Stephany’s greatness

Gazing at her longer, she has an emotionless face, which made it impossible to know her thoughts, of course, it somewhat made that eerie vibe of hers. Her stiff and small gestures can make her be mistaken for a doll, and the fact that you can know if she’s angry or not from the atmosphere she gives, it makes it somewhat cuter. Her glare for the people makes them tremble, even without words to be spoken, she can easily intimidate a person.

A person like that is the perfect fit for a bookworm. People who read a lot would definitely want her power. An appropriate title for Stephany is not ‘the third daughter of the Reign family’, but it must be Princess bibliophile. 

If only she wasn’t born with that silver hair, she would have a great future. A future without worries about succeeding, nor finding a job elsewhere, since she’s just the third of the Duke. In any case, this child should not be seen by others, likely Dantallian. He despises Artermia too much.

Stephany’s father must have planned the same. The cardinal of the church should arrive this noon and have the cardinal change Stephany’s cursed appearance via cleansing ritual. Thanks to Alusu’s great connection to the Spirit Queen, the members of the spirit church always believe in him.

Whilst deep in my thoughts, all of a sudden, Stephany questioned me.

“Lesly, what are your thoughts to my cursed appearance?” Despite not changing her expression, I can feel that she is anxious about it. 

And of course, I answered her wholeheartedly.

Part 2

The princess of the Handel Imperial Kingdom, Lesly Brothen Grawford
Month 5, day 11, A.T 882. Before noon.
At the open training ground.

 

With the awkward atmosphere accumulated between us, we arrived at the open training ground. It’s my fault that I went in silence, and didn’t have another chance to start a conversation again.

Seeing Stephany’s eyes roaming around the area, it seems like it's her first time going to this place, and when it locked onto the Alusu’s office window, it also made me join her. 

Because the window was purely black, I couldn’t check if Sir Alusu’s presence was there or not, even if I looked closely. The contents would surely be hidden, despite getting bestowed the title “The arrow of the stars” from his majesty Hernaez.

After a few seconds, a soldier came towards us from a distance. When he arrived in front of us, he immediately spoke without waiting for my words, that was a rude act I should say, but now is not the time if the soldier is breathing so furiously. Something must have happened. 

“Madam Lesly! The pope has arrived! But Prince Dantalian and Princess Jallian were caught in a fight between bandits on the silver spring!” The soldier says as he catches for his breath. 

The royal members are in danger!? Though the pope might have arrived in great timing since Stephany is here with me, we can do the [transformation ritual]. This is to make Stephany’s cursed appearance to change permanently and speaking of which, I haven’t notified Stephany about this.

I turned around, only to see Rachael beside me. That child, did she just disappear? It made it the worst scenario that could happen, I must find her quickly before the royal family could meet her. If they coincidentally met as we had previously, Sir Alusu will be punished and Stephany will be killed.

Anyways, I should find Sir Alusu, I will tell him that the pope should do their job immediately before the worst that could happen, and I will deal with the royal family myself.

There should not be a problem with the pope and the other members serving the Sacred Spirit Queen since this land is living in prosperity because of the Spirit Queen’s blessing. If the people of the church make any harm to the Reign’s Dukedom, their loyalty towards the Sacred Spirit Queen will be questioned.

Not only that, but Reign’s Patron for the Church would also stop. Moreover, Sir Alusu is able to make requests to the highest position of the church, and this was his wish, to make Stephany’s cursed appearance to be changed. With, of course, confidentiality.

Sir Alusu might have plans for lady Stephany after all. Looking back to Rachael, I commanded her. 

“Go and find Stephany, as well as Sir Alusu, have them met up”

I trust Rachael’s ability, for she was a former captain after all. She has fought together with the heroes in the previous war between demons. I heard that she was rescued by Miss Jeanne a couple of times.

14