Prologue
1.9k 5 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Prologue.

Inside the library of the Reign Family, on an antique chair blended with the library's motif sat in the dust and breath so lifelessly was a human-sized doll. Sitting quietly on its lap was a heavy book as if preventing it to move so likely.

With the window behind its back, the light disregarded its face, the statues blended with the darkness as if sinking through the chair.

Despite being a dusty and dark figure, its eyes were glowing in a deep velvet red, more likely to compare to blood from a fresh wound. Its presence alone gave the room an eerie atmosphere sending out goosebumps to the non-existent person in the room.

From the day bed beside which resides the doll is a sleeping cat. contrasting to its seatmates aura, it rather sent out a warm feeling. Waking up from its deep sleep to yawn and a quick look at her surroundings.

The light reflected its golden mane hair and rather an unusual eye color; the left side was blue whilst the other side was red. Heterochromia was a rare case to cats as it was to humans. Analyzing there was no threat she stretched up and went back to deep slumber.

While the animal snores away, something broke the silence of the room, it was a rustling of cloth. Dust motes flew around as a hand moved from the dark side of the chair that was occupied by the doll earlier. It moved fragilely and majestic to turn the page of the book that sat on her lap.

Little did everyone know she was the Reign family's downfall, a scandal of the elites and a disfigure to society. She was Stephany Reign, third daughter to the ArchDuke of Reign. A child with a cursed appearance that is said to be one of those demons.

Being as she is, she was disregarded by her family, more so by her siblings. Although she was interactive they never reciprocate the gesture.

Due to being an outcast she always fled to the comforts of the library and the only thing that didn't have the power to judge her; books. This gave her the knowledge, patience and analytical skills even the famous Sherlock Holmes can't compare.

All her life she was not allowed to be seen in public for fear of the damage it may bring to her family's reputation. she had a guardian though but even them had fear of the unknown she has been.

However, despite this, Stephany didn't mind the isolation at all, she soaked and loved it for she too feared what unknown mysteries that lie within her. She liked it as it is boring, unchanging and peaceful. 

She continued to read the book till midnight, burying herself within her thoughts and the pages of her books. This was her Nirvana, her home rather than the monstrosity that of Reign Mansion. No one bothered her here, as if anyone would dare.

It was a bliss life for her.

40