Chapter 2: The Agony of holding back the kill
1.2k 4 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 2: The agony of not being able to kill someone 

The third daughter of the Reign Family, Stephany Reign.
Month 5, day 11, A.T 882. Before noon
Inside the library of the Reign family.

 

Laying atop the bookshelves, the dusty motes flew around undisturbed as if they had the will of freedom with them, the atmosphere felt lifeless. Dead silent as those unoccupied asylums, as if collided through the cold and dark, it granted the fact that the current atmosphere gave a pleasant feeling to my body. On the center of the building was a ceiling made out of glass, making the natural light pass by.

Lifting a finger to turn the page to another, the dust followed and fluttered. The sound of the book, the smell of the old book, and the atmosphere of the lonely library, I wish everything would stay as it is. The only desire that I have.

Yesterday's agenda was hectic than the usual day. Why? Grey was chasing me around throughout the house, I moved around instantly with a transport magic called [blink], but it was only a matter of time she would find me and catch up. But in the end, I concealed my existence with [conceal] from the mystic craft. Because of that, Grey couldn’t find me despite I was in front of her. 

Mystic craft is a sure handful and scary at the same time, isn’t it? Today as well, I might use it. However, I might use normal concealment, no, downgraded concealment that only hides from natural mana, contrary, my presence, and smell can be noticed.

I concealed myself with mana, covering my whole body with like a membrane of mana so that each of my movements will unlikely disturb the natural mana around me. At the same time, I am testing the current level of my assigned tutor. Thus, I can do things at a minimal level. 

If it is Grey, I don't think she can locate me by using movements of the natural mana or find me through a mana scan. Looking at how low the standard of this world is, there is nothing that a caster could do to a mage, let alone warriors that fight through physical. Furthermore, just judging from her book, she is naïve and could easily be manipulated. No wonder she signed up to be my instructor without further questions of why she must do it. Did she not heard of any rumors regarding me?

I’m quite disappointed that the power of this world is too low, that it's actually making me worry. 

However, other than power, position-wise - she's the dominant one if she ever abuses her power, that is. She is given the privilege to be able to get away from any disrespect or crude behavior. I mean, the duke only introduces her as “Grey, the wandering caster” and nothing more, I think it’s safe to say she is nothing but a commoner, or someone with an honorary peerage.

 Hiding is the only temporary solution that I have. The permanent one you ask? Maybe killing her would be a valid idea, but I rather not, since she would be a great piece in the future. To elaborate more of what I have in mind, I can blame her for killing the maids, only if necessary.

As the shimmering light penetrated from the crystal ceiling, my eyes naturally adjusted from its passing brightness, the dry motes became visible as it breezes through the ray of light. Which would conclude that the atmosphere is calm. The interior of the library was illuminated to see what the light could reach. At each of the four main directions north, south, east, and west had windows, it was slightly opened.

A nearby window was pointing towards me, it breathed out the heat from the outside world. Though the breeze was hot and always had its way towards me, it wasn't enough to make me sweat despite wearing a thick dark robe that covers everything down to my torso and toes. My head would easily be concealed if I were to use my hood. 

Laying face down while leisurely reading a book in front of me, it was supported by my two hands. Although my hands fell asleep and went numb, the pain did not register in my mind until now. Tsk, I shouldn't have minded it, and now that I have done, the unbearable pain from my aching hands sent waves of electricity feeling throughout my entire body. I can bear it like it's nothing, but I am afraid if my body ceases its function. Thus, I couldn't help but to break my momentum of reading and sat up with a drooping hand.

I have returned to the real world! No, I'm already here, just not mentally present. 

Stretching my hands, the calm atmosphere blended and did not change, the flow of the falling motes was destroyed with a gentle kiss of the air. 

After retreating my hands back to its position, I notice that a lot of humans are roaming inside the mansion because of the natural mana being moved physically - it's probably my father's trading partner from other kingdoms or high-ranking merchants. All those do not matter to me. 

Feeling lazy overcoming me, I laid back. However this time, I face upwards towards the dark ceiling, and because of this looking-like heat atmosphere, I'm craving for sweet frozen foods, I want to take a cold bath while letting the pleasant music arouse my ears. I really want to relax more, don't I?

As I was about to get consumed by my deep thoughts again, my chest suddenly felt heavy as something moved upwards with four legs,  and it startled me. I swiveled my head to where I can see what was on my chest, it was definitely not my sister nor the new tutor. But it was my cat, Secrea, she crawled her way down to my chin and rubbed it as if seeking attention. 

Was staying here in the library made her feel lonely? Was she lonely over these years? She could leave me and explore the world by herself if she ever wanted to. However, who will be the one to supply her food? I mean, she needs a large amount of mana intake for her food. I haven't met a 'normal' animal here because I isolated myself in this library, so I wouldn't know what they normally eat, even in my previous time, I only saw familiars and tamed monsters alike, so I don’t know what pets are and how to deal with it.

Also, I have gone terribly weak and rusty. If this present vessel was like my previous one, I would have certainly noticed that Secrea was on top of me. Should I go out and train myself? No, It's too tiring and the more I think about it, the more it makes it tiring. Well, learning is part of training as well. So, I should keep on reading.

As I was pondering stupidity in my mind, I caressed Secrea's forehead. I hate procrastinating, though I have heard a certain quote saying "The more you hate, the more you love". I think this only implies my procrastination and not on the others. 

I will be explaining things about magic and crafts, so you can skip ahead if you don’t want to learn about magic. Don’t worry, I won’t be angry.

Anyways, since I don’t want to be fully committed to procrastination, so I did what I do every day to increase the limit of my mana pool, as mages, we, of course, deplete our mana by using numerous magic, and a certain reaction in our body, the mana pool will slowly increase itself.

I cast [Spatial] Magic, A magic came from an attribute [space] combined with [darkness]. And to get [space] attribute, I must combine the elements of [darkness] with high, [gravity] low and [void].

However, in Bloodcraft, it’s a combination of [pure blood] [black blood] and a sacrifice to get [space] attribute. Bloodcraft is something like granting your wishes in exchange for blood and contract, it can revive people, curse people and do something morbid. Although, if we’re talking about real curses, then it’s witchcraft.

There is also numerology craft, the most complex magic structures if one creates. Which only consist of shapes, letters, symbols, and cardinal, sometimes they are reversed as well and have different meanings 

Before we head on the advanced stuff, let’s discuss at the level of student mages first. Attributes are only magic attributes. The attributes have 4 main bases and that is fire, water, wind, and earth. To get other attributes like dark, space, light, etc. The elements comes in.

Attributes are converted to elements, and it will be then combined with the other elements to get an attribute. Elements are more sensitive than attributes because they have length, power, mass, and etc. If [fire] attribute is converted into an element and combines it with [water] element that is weak, you’ll get [steam] attribute. 

If you do the same process to steam, which is to convert it into an element, and if you add more mana, it’ll create a [heat steam] attribute. Repeat and lower the mana, it will create a [low steam] attribute. Repeat again and combine the [low steam] and [fire] high element, you create [thunder] attribute. Repeat again and higher the [thunder] element and combine it with [low steam] you create [lightning] attribute

It can be combined with two or more elements. There is also some cases that you need to erase the other elements in order to create what you want, hence you can always erase it with huge sums of mana or just counter the element with another.

Be careful though, it might combine or it might even delete the element you needed.  If one element is deleted, you must recreate it in different ways, because you always can. Although, I think restarting is better than recreating the element.

That’s how attributes and elements work. That explanation went longer than expected.

I would also like to discuss, in regards to mana, there are three types of mana, natural mana, mana pool, and mana. A mana pool of a mage is a reservoir and what makes mana, or so to say, recovers the mana lost that the mage takes when casting magic. When taking out mana from the mana pool inside the body of the mage, they are able to convert mana to attribute and be prepared in the magic circle to be processed again into element to attribute.

Mana is something like fuel that will be poured into a magic circle. Not only that, mana pool and mana is different in every individual mage. That being the case, all methods of sharing mana or something alike is nonexistent. Even pouring mana on someone’s magic circle is almost impossible without destroying the magic circle.

Every individual has different mana, and one cannot take control of the other, which includes magic, and other spells. Also, I would like to note that stealing is different from controlling, meaning there are methods of taking other mage’s magic or spells. One of the popular methods is copying the behavior of ranking up but denied.

If the other party’s mage mana is lower than yours, you can simply overwhelm their mana to cut their supply line to their magic circle, and retrace the magic circle to delete their magic circle, making it yours. Though, to what use when you can create your own magic circle like the other party has?

Well, their magic circle will not be manifested, but you can. Furthermore, if you don’t know nor able to create a complex magic circle as the other party does, you can simply retrace it even without knowledge of it. However, if you are successful, the quality of magic is less than the original.

For natural mana, surrounding us is air, so as natural mana. It does not contribute to elements and attributes when converting the mana, and cannot be manipulated in any normal means. Although it disturbs the surroundings like waves in the calm lake. 

When a mage converts an attribute, that mage will take mana from its mana pool and will cause the natural mana to move like waves. The natural mana does not only move from the mana of sources, but also physical motions. 

When waves impact another, the waves only overlap each other while not decreasing its movements nor strength. The natural mana does not have the strength to move physical nor spiritual objects.

Anyways, today is witchcraft! After casting a [spatial] magic, I immediately cast witchcraft spells and magic that went on my subconscious. I also created [conceal] from Mystic craft to conceal the use of magic and not disturb the natural mana around me. I cast all inside the [spatial] magic and remember the spells and magic that I learned from witchcraft.

Speaking of crafts, there are also numerous crafts and studies, each has a different study, composition, and many more. Taking the example of enhancement craft, it specializes in boosting one's equipment, but in witchcraft, it's proficient in creating medicines and potions. There are many crafts to discuss but I will explain them along the way if necessary.

There are some cases that other crafts only meant to empower the magic and spells itself. Like creating [conceal] from elements and attributes and is empowered by magic, manifesting its effect will enable you to conceal just your presence and smell.

However, if [conceal] is made from elements and attributes but empowered from a craft, your presence will not be detected by any normal means. However if [conceal] is created from the numerology craft down from elements and attributes, it is almost impossible to detect you if they won’t use the same crafts or much higher crafts.

Numerology craft is understanding between numbers and symbols, that is why you need to use the craft itself in order to work perfectly. However, in Mystic craft, where all mysteries and active arcane are hidden from all the understanding and fundamentals. Mystic craft is usually defying the laws of magic and nature and creates something for its laws.

Basically, if [conceal] is created from elements and attributes and empowered from mystic craft. That [conceal] now has its own laws. You can basically do whatever you want and you will still not be found out. You can also change the formula that manifests the concealment, in other words, creating [conceal] from mystic craft.

 

Another simple explanation is that crafts may have similar magic to others, but their effects and manifestation differ from each other. If Alchemist has [water] magic, that water is usually clear from any substance, however, the [water] magic in witchcraft is similar to distilled water.

That explanation went longer than what I had expected, but it’s basically the sum of it. No, there are still many things I have yet to explain, so I’ll leave it in my next actions.

I continued to pat Secrea's head until I noticed the natural mana move, and locating the main source of this disruption, it was Grey. She is right below me, searching right and left in a hurried manner. 

Is she searching for something? I won’t help though. Oh, right, she’s searching for me. 

I move my body as if I was a wriggling worm across the edge and look down at her, even though I know her location by just finding the cause of the natural mana disruption, but I don’t want to. I rather gaze at her from afar while she suffers from finding me.

I was getting tired of caressing Secrea's head, I stopped and slid her off from my chest. Since I know that Secrea will disturb me again by stepping or sleeping on my stomach and chest, I flip over my body so she won't be able to disturb me, or so that's what I had thought. But Secrea solves it by climbing at my shoulder and making it as her pillow.

Well, I found her actions too cute and made me unable to stop her. Or rather, I also blame myself for underestimating her, she may have a final form too and her power might be over 9000! Secrea is too cute! With her around, I sometimes do nothing but lying lazily with her at my chest, not even bothering to read books, not only that, I sometimes find myself cuddling with her. It seems like I am more open to pets than humans.

Oh well, it’s not like it restricts me from reading, so I will just let this one slide. I took the book that I haven’t finished earlier and continued reading. However, when I was about to do so, Secrea's hairy tail gently caressed my head. The sweet fragrance of the sun reached my nostrils, it was a pleasant sudden change. With this, it is completely impossible to get rid of her.

Whilst being cautious about Grey, I sensed a familiar presence just outside the door of the library. I continued reading while being cautious about their presence, I don’t want them to find me after all, otherwise, my reading time will be disturb, I can run away immediately if they ever find me.

My position should be fine because atop me is the second floor of the library, there is no way that they could see me here unless they climb the bookshelves of the first floor.

As I turned to the next page, I anticipated the pleasant sounds of turning pages. However, the door of the library opens violently, making a small tremor inside the building and making the dust fall from the ceiling. The heat from the outside world quickly invades the library, the silent atmosphere of this library abruptly changes. I shivered involuntarily.

The fallen dust rapidly covered the entire surface area surrounding me, it was like a blizzard but dust. It tickled my nose and prepared to initiate a sneeze. However, I stop it all my life by covering it with both of my hands. One sneeze will determine my location, it's like one sneeze, one kill. I mean one sneeze, one death. While doing so, I produce a super-dense mana orb that could move light-weighted objects with a similar weight as a paper at a short distance.

It floated at the tip of my index finger, as it was emitting a violent orange color. The air around me suddenly picks up, I stop passing more mana into it and throw it beneath me. The dust around me was blown away, making the surface clean again, although the natural mana was severely disturbed, Grey should be able to detect it, and if not, I’m surely overestimating her. 

I slightly swiveled my head and looked at Secrea’s hair, it was distorted. She looked like she touched a van de Graaff generator, her hair floated upwards and became a definition of a fluffy cloud.

I can't help but chuckle a bit. After a brief second, I look at Grey to know if she reacts to the disturbance of the natural mana. Gazing down at her, she didn’t seem to even notice the disruption of mana, let alone be able to grasp my location, but her face grew complexion as she breathed heavily for air and could see that her knees were trembling.

Analyzing her reactions, there are chances that she can feel the disturbance of the mana, but is not able to locate the disruption. So this is what they call a first-rate mage in this world? I must tone down my power more.

After I concluded my speculation, I did not mind her nor the individual who violently opened the door and resumed my reading once more.

"My dear Stephany! Are you here?" Her high-pitched voice sounded like a never-ending singing bug to my ear. It was unpleasant.

 

<<Case_file SUN and MOON>>

In the world of Leiterra, the original name of the sun is called Solias. And the Moon is called Lumais.

Popular beliefs are that when Lunar and solar events happen, all the living beings in Liettera hide under something that they cannot be reached by, and they will stay inside while praying. The people who stayed outside will be executed by the church of the spirit Queen and called as "heretics''

Part 2

The third daughter of the Reign Family, Stephany Reign.

Month 5, day 11, A.T 882. Before noon

Inside the library of the Reign family.

The one who shouted was Freya Delvus Reign, my annoying sister. She is somehow famous across the countries and the church, or that was the mouthful of servant gossip about. She was known as the [Angel of Reign Duke family] since her appearance and kind personality was similar to an angel.

But from my perspective, she is nothing but a whining stereophone. I wish more people could see this side of hers. I refrained myself from harming her since my instincts were screaming not to when I almost did so. I have a feeling that waves of trouble are coming from the action. I never had such a bad premonition like this before.

Knowing that she is here, it would only mean that my other siblings have arrived as well from school. Not that I fear my reading time be disturb because of them, rather, they mind their own business or is what I want to say, aside from my older brother, Linux Avel Reign, who usually ignores me, others bother me every time I enter their sight.

These days I’ve been so unfortunate, I wonder when it would end. Truly unfortunate, I should say. Even though I know that they have their school breaks once every two months, not only that, their break will last for a month. 

She repeated, "My dear Steph, are you here?" That enthusiastic tone of hers made the cold crawl under my bone, not in fear, but the memories of her disturbing me always in my reading time. I have to reward myself to refrain from killing, but this time around, I might orchestrate her death, following after Grey’s.

Killing her secretly is not a problem, but I feel like I would take blame immediately. For the reason that she always comes to me, neglecting her study and friends just to stay with me. I don’t even know why she goes to a freak like me? However, despite spouting my dislike, I have come to a point that I can’t hate her for doing these things. Maybe she felt pity for me, but I care less about it.

Rather, I want to seclude myself. But being with her is not bad, only annoying. I wish she would mute herself for once and use that time to read.

Well, maybe because she's the only family member I consider. She has this weird aura around her that makes everyone happy and enjoy the day without problems, though it does not affect me, my family seems to be.

 

Is it her skill? Assuming that Freya could freely allure someone when they look at her, she gives a natural healing aura, making it so comfortable when talking to her. Though everything is fortunate that it does not weaken one’s resistance, and nullification ability since it would be very haggard to enhance the resistance ability from enhancement craft.

I rose up while not minding Secrea's comfortable sleeping position. I started walking towards the window, which was at the same level as the top of the bookshelves. Sneakily walking and jumping from the top of the shelves to others, I stride quickly without making a sound. 

Although I wanted to escape this vicinity as quickly as possible. However, I heard another voice that replied to Freya, it was somewhat mature and polite, which gave me shivers from her con act, not that I have the right to say. Her voice grew faint as she was slowly making her way to Freya.

"It's nice meeting you here, Lady Freya" Grey greeted her with a polite tone, unlike that crude tone she always uses. 

This woman is surely something, standing down if there’s power and giving lip services, while those that have nothing are looked down upon. From the signatures that I get from the natural mana, it would seem that she had an expression of that of a bewitching smile, yet appeared to be friendly. 

“And, who might you be?” Dignified, yet so angelic. Freya responded with a pleasing tone, there were no tremors to her voice, but it was like a cleanly played orchestra.

She gave a proper greeting to Grey without fumbling her voice and it only made me feel proud of her. Though, like an angel, as she may be, she is always afraid of interacting with other humans, such as my siblings and my father, because she blamed herself when our mother died. However, she was fine interacting with me. Thus always comes to play and disturbs my reading.

So maybe that is the sole reason she interacts with me? Someone whose expression is always nonchalant, and won’t talk back with a negative word, or is what I can see myself when I take it from her perspective.

“I am Grey, the wandering caster. Master Alusu had assigned me to become a personal tutor of Lady Stephany.” Said Grey with overwhelming etiquette, or so I imagine it to be.

If the duke notices my crude manners and etiquette, I am sure he would also add it in our lesson, or it might not be Grey who would teach me but the other hired teacher. I know manners and etiquette, so there are no problems with acting so. However, it would be weird for them since I haven't learned any proper etiquette after I was born, and am already a master of it. 

“Oh~!” Freya slips out a surprised voice from her mouth, completely forgetting her manner after hearing Grey’s introduction.

I wonder why?

Since I was interested in their conversation, I sat at the edge of the bookshelf. There was no dust nor a speck of it, the colored orange Mana made a result more or less as I expected. The light piercing through the window stated it was almost noon and the breezing hot gently touched my skin. 

I unconsciously slouch like it had been my hobby, but I corrected my posture. While doing so, Freya screamed suddenly without reasons why. It made me worry and got up myself, I quickly walked near them while not making any noises from my steps. Did something happen to Freya? Did Grey harm Freya? In response to the disruption of the natural mana, Grey is still standing straight without doing anything, but it seems that Freya is panicking, her trembling hands are making waves in the natural mana as it impacts my skin and immediately made live video feedback in my mind. Although, I can’t trust natural mana since it could also give false information. I should at least see what they are doing with my own eyes.

Otherwise, if Grey is harming Freya, I will take this opportunity to kill Freya, and have Grey be blamed. But there are no witnesses other than me, so it would entirely be depending on how much the duke trusts me and Grey, even if he disregards me, I will take that opportunity to run away secretly.

Upon arriving near the entrance of the library, I could see that Freya was standing two meters away from the entrance door of the library, the entrance - the double door was massive and had a similar size to the gates, its height level is at the same of those bookshelves. Looking at it certainly gives an aura that it's extremely difficult to open it, fortunately though, it does not. Its materials are crafted by the best blacksmith in the empire, hence it showed the result that it wouldn’t open by natural law and phenomenon, but by a physical human. Even when I was a child, I could open that door without using sheer force.

Grey was standing in front of her, stayed still while she tilted her head as if inquiring her silently why she suddenly screamed. 

“Yo-you’re that Hero Caster!?” Freya shouted again, despite her mouth being covered by her hands, she was loud as ever.

Hero caster? It pinned my interest when she said that. According to the stories and records from the book I had read in the library, it is said that a ruthless demon stands above them all, crueler than anyone that could even imagine. A demon king that dwells in the demon territory - The shadow dominion is located at the end of the south. It is so far away that you need to pass the mountain ranges, the mainland of the Altor Forest, and the ocean of never return.

The ruthless demon king is dealt with by the "summoned beings", usually they are called heroes by the people of Leiterra The number of summons at a time is usually 1-5 people, they are much stronger than the humans that live in Leiterra, or might be comparable to high-humans since they have a special power which that boost their growth power. For further information, these heroes are summoned by the Demiurge emperor, Hernaez Demiurge, the immortal summoner, a being living 300 up till now.

It is said that he is the only one that could summon the heroes from another world, though, there is no evidence other than the books. So for now, it is better to assume that is real.

I turned my gaze to Grey, who I can only see as a woman in a carefree manner while leisurely roaming around the house. That would mean that the demon king had already been defeated. However, why would she serve under the Duke when she could work at the empire as the strongest caster alive.

Grey was taken aback and smiled. "As you have guessed right, I am the hero caster"

A liar, she's nothing but a fraud self-proclaimed hero. I just don't believe that the likes of hers is a hero, it's completely impossible to believe without proof. Although looking at Freya's expression, a face filled with brimming joy, she seems to believe in her. What a gullible child I should say. 

"I knew it! I'm so jelly for my dear sister to have such a wonderful instructor such as you" She clasps for Grey's hand and shakes it furiously.

Well, this is troublesome, there are no opportunities here, I could say that much. But this could also be a possibility, in which if Freya has taken interest in Grey and wants her that she even asks the duke to change my teacher. Freya would less bother me and disturb Grey instead.

The operation [exiling Grey] is still on my list, soon after, Grey will be followed, in that way, it will likely be seen as “Grey came closer to Freya because of bad intention”. 

This made a smile on my face as I gazed down. However, something suddenly jumped on my shoulder which made me startled, and accidentally slipped my handoff from the edge. I fell with the thought of seeking who did it, on the way down, I saw Secrea’s claws gripping tightly on my sleeves, This BITCH!

How does she always come unnoticed? How come Secrea doesn’t disturb the Natural mana when she moves?

I was in a situation where I cannot use magic since there are two people in front of me. Won’t it be weird if I suddenly disappeared mid-air or something like landing safely from a high ground? I couldn’t do anything but braced myself for impact.

*Thud*

The sudden loudness erupted the silence of the library, my body fell flat on the ground whilst creating a thick cloud made of profound dust. The peculiar smell of the fetid motes filled and tickled my nose, I couldn't help but let out a cute sneeze, and it was also difficult to breathe. I was expecting the following slight pain, but I just remembered that I was covered with thick mana.

And that being the case, I should have used [blink] to get away from my falling situation and be transported atop a bed or something that could be my cushion for my landing. Well, I could also cast levitation in the end too. And they won’t even suspect me because they didn’t know I was there in the first place! Well, this is not my original body to begin with, and I keep neglecting on training this current body to get used to it.

Because of the impact, the thick membrane covering me was destroyed, and dust got into my eyes, I gently rub it with my peony hands. At the same time, I heard a high-pitched voice coming towards me with terrifying speed, I immediately rolled over to my side. In addition, the natural mana was greatly disrupted by her movements, it was easy to determine where she was and where she would move. 

"MY DEAR STEPHANY!" she shouted with all her might, so as her usual jump-and-hug tactic.

She landed with the front of her body being scrubbed against the floor, the consequence of her jump immediately paid the price. She slides until her head hits the nearest piled-up books, it crumbles down and envelopes her upper body. Looking at her, I slightly chuckled. 

I can hear her letting out a painful groan. Her florid dress that blooms all together with her angelic smile, that figure was simply ruined by her improper behavior. Grey should report to Father that Freya needs more practice on her proper etiquette and manners. 

Thinking of which, the natural mana was suddenly disturbed and I can feel that another individual is moving - it was Grey without a doubt. I turned around, only to see Grey extending her arms and doing suspicious motions with her fingers as if catching a wild prey. I have known this method of catching but not similar to hers, she was at the point that she was ready to jump and catch me.

“STEPHANY THERE YOU ARE!” Grey shouted angrily.

However, before that could happen, I, as usual, used the skill named [Evil eyes] which is affected based on the magic or an attribute, it also does not have any limit to its base effects. Currently, my [Evil Eyes] is based on an attribute and a magic, which are [fear] magic combined from the attributes of [Dark] [Shadow] [impurity blood and attributes of [paralyze] combine from the elements of [Poison] [force] [energy].

My eyes lock at hers. She flinches backward and not moving, I could see her shivering body from the fear I give. Not moving as if clearing her mind to stay calm and think of every possibility of what I will do or what action she would take. Her survival instincts kick in, it's just like the others, not much less than the maid earlier who claimed the name of Halsey. 

And just like I had said earlier, I want to at least grasp the capability of what she can do and to what extent. However, she's like the others. Weak and fragile. 

After several seconds of looking at her reaction, I had determined that she is not a threat even though she is the so-called "The hero caster", it seems that it's nothing but a lie. And looking at her, I think she won't move from her position for a while. 

I hurriedly exited the library through the entrance and ran all the way to my third favorite spot - the Silver Spring

<<Freya’s backstory>>

>Liettera/Backstory/Freya

Whenever Freya gets attached to something or someone, either things or living beings, it always destroys or gets killed. The proof was her mother - Jeanne was a great tamer like no others, the ability to make friendly relationships with the monsters she wanted and could control them at will. When Freya gets attached to her mothers’ tamed monsters, that tamed monster will die after a day or a week if lucky.

Freya and Jeanne were very close to each other, playing every day with each other, sleeping next to each other, story-telling about Jeanne’s wonderful adventure to the shadow dominion together with her husband. Every day was a blessing to them until Stephany was born.

Jeanne died after giving birth to Stephany Reign. Freya locks herself in her room and blames herself every day. She only goes out to ask for food in the kitchen’s quarter, and she does not make contact with her parents, let alone her siblings. However, that one day when Freya slips out from her room with the sleep of the sun, she goes to the kitchen to feed her grumbling stomach. 

However, before she arrived, she saw her sibling - brother Daniel at the same age since they were both born together, he was at the distance of the corridor and slowly striding his way to his room. In order to not interact with him, Freya quickly hides in a nearby room.

The room was all dusty and gray, but she did not mind and went deeper into the room just to hide since there might be a chance that Daniel would also come inside. The room had an open window, and it made the cold breeze enter, but just before the window was a figure that took the form of a human, Freya gazed at the figure’s silver hair being flattered by the windy breeze and her face was basking under the starry night. Her eyes latched onto the heavy-looking book she was holding with her thin arms

 There she met her younger sister, Stephany Reign, blended like an object inside the room, completely silent and steady as if she was a doll without a string. Freya immediately took an interest in her. Alluring treasure awaits to be unrevealed before her.

 

Part 3

The new exclusive Professor, Grey Reign, the little sister of the Reign head.

Month 5, day 11, A.T 882. Before noon

Inside the library of the Reign family.

Looking at her eyes, it glows deep red as if imitating the color of blood. Although it gazes at me with no interest like an inferior being, the murderous intent behind its unwavering face was leaking, and because of that, it swallowed my entire existence. It made my mind go empty and I couldn't feel my body as it tremors from the intense fear. Taking away my strength and the freedom to move as willingly, I was overwhelmed by fear and intimidation despite facing a child. 

The waves of cold invaded my flesh and bones, my body trembled and paralyzed. Her glare made the air become suspended, the air had gone missing and the sound became dead silent. 

The pair blood eyes, as well as the silver hair, swayed from the breeze. The people who have those were called "Offspring of hideous demons" or so, from across the continent. On the contrary, the people who work inside the imperial palace are the only ones who knew the truth about the "cursed appearance". Of course, that includes the Grand duke Alusu and me.

It's rather ironic that the emperor was cheated by a woman and fled away with no known whereabouts, not even a single clue to where she might be. Because of that reason, the emperor felt betrayal and decided to eliminate every person who reminds him of her. Innocent lives who knew nothing about the affairs inside the imperial palace, victims were chased and executed just because of love problems that the emperor had. Naturally, nobles weren't spared.

 

Her long silver hair sprouted outward from her hoodie and was exposed to the rays of sunlight from the open door behind me. For that reason, her silver hair lustered and fluttered so lightly from the burning breeze. Her porcelain skin peeks between the strands of her hair and the dark robe she wore. Breeze? I asked myself and realized that I was holding my lungs to breathe. 

The woman who betrayed the emperor, his sole wife - Artermia Kolfinna Hildegarde. She had silver hair and red eyes and was last seen with an elder dragon, heading towards north from the empire. The case of the black-haired humanoids, was because of that elder dragon, having jet-black scales that shined limitless from the rays of the solia. 

I am sure that Sir Alusu lied to the emperor of having a silver-haired child and have her hidden within what she desires, despite the emperor being his best friend to the point their ranks and position doesn't matter when talking to each other in front of a crowd.  

If Alusu confesses that he has a daughter with silver hair, it could cause a huge misunderstanding. As to why Artermia has silver hair and red eyes, many people will see it that the empress had an affair with the hero Alusu, and ran away because she was found out 

Thinking of random things I somehow manage to calm down. However, looking back at her closely, she resembles her mother. After all, Artmeria and Jeanne are sisters who were reunited in this world. My heart aches, it trembled so greatly that my strength came back, I miss Jeanne Hildegarde, the one that I love the most, but also married to another man, which is my brother.

When I looked back at her eyes, the fear came back and overwhelmed my body, waves of cold penetrated through my skin down to my very bones, and unconsciously shuddered. Without any resistance, I trembled on the spot, and again, my breathing was held by an unknown entity. It felt thousands of seconds passed, yet nothing was happening other than the endless cold of sinister crawling up from my spine and down to the sides of your neck, the goosebumps were all over me.

I panicked, or perhaps my survival instinct came and kicked in like adrenaline. The hunt from a predator to prey, though some predators may have a small and fragile appearance, should not be underestimated, and in this situation, I was the prey. I did not move from my spot and carefully observe my predator.

Just being under her gaze, my strength is slowly fading and my mind is going blank to the point I couldn’t think properly. Was I planning to run? Was I planning to escape? No, is it possible to escape from her? A demon-like her will surely haunt me to the ends of the world. 

In the first place, why did I call someone who is my cousin, a demon? Why was I afraid of her? Everything that is happening doesn’t make sense! Is this perhaps her power? A power that wasn't revealed by the magic ball of the appraisal. 

It swallowed my senses and made it impossible to come back to reality. My heart beats so fast that it aches, and the dead silent is driving me insane. Moreover, I have to force myself to breathe, and if this continues, I might faint from this.

Fragile and peony body, yet gives intimidation similar to the demons I have fought in the shadow dominion. It was like the same day when we countered the demon king, I was extremely afraid and without my brother, I am nothing but a vulnerable lady. 

Sir Alusu wasn't kidding, from the reports of the missing maids down to his experience with her daughter, she is really giving an aura similar to those demons.  

How many seconds had passed? Maybe it has been a minute, but not much less than an hour. She continues to glare at me, just what did I do to offend her to such a degree!? Did she notice I used her to fulfill my loneliness? Even just a glimpse of her mother would make my day. Furthermore, I wanted to have a friendly relationship with her, so I could see her every day.

And yet, this scenario makes it impossible to do so.

Why didn't I refuse to be her tutor? Perhaps becoming her tutor, I could see her every day. No, even without that reason, I would still volunteer. Every order from Sir Alusu will be fulfilled by none other than me. I have committed an unforgivable sin, and I am fully aware of that. I want to repent this sin of mine by serving Sir Alusu, not as little sister supporting them, but as a slave. 

As I was gazing at Lady Stephany, I remembered the scene of killing my brother with my own hands, Yardros Reign. So that I could stay alive but in exchange for my brother's life. I can't forgive myself for sacrificing my older brother's life, why would he sacrifice his life even though I'm just a useless woman and has no value for society.

Sir Alusu always wears that smile even though he has anger towards me. I can't bear it! Their kindness and love for their sister are just too much for me! I don't want to get spoiled, I don't want to depend on someone! I want to become an independent person. However, going on a life with the sins I bear only leaves me restless and will always come and haunts me.

So I have to serve Sir Alusu to the fullest for my entire life, and that way I will be able to move on with the sins I bear. 

Before I knew it, Lady Stephany's figure had disappeared from my sight. I was overthinking things to the point I couldn't feel anything around me, however, the fear lingered inside me, and that fear only made me remember the tragedy that happened in the shadow dominion...

 

<<SKILL>>

Skills are more unique than magic but cannot surpass spells, magic spells, spell art, magic art, etc. Additionally, it cannot surpass magic if it is supported by a craft, let alone magic came from the craft itself. 

All for the reason that it does not consume any mana nor any consumption unless the skill is unique and has requirements to manifest it. Though it still does not change the fact that no mana is needed. Thus manifesting a skill won't disrupt the natural mana. 

Furthermore, it does not have any limit to its use and does only consume the stamina of the individual. Also, if the skill is a heavy burden to the owner's body, Cedric von vanes recommend that you should limit the amount of casting. 

Part 4

The new exclusive Professor, Grey Reign, the little sister of the Reign head.

Month 5, day 11, A.T 882. Before noon

Inside the Office of the Grand Duke, Alusu Reign

 

I stood in front of the man I serve, I reported the recent event that happened regarding his daughter - Lady Stephany Reign, the third daughter of this house, and is also my cousin. The man in front of me had his eyes look in the parchments, scribbling down his quill against the parchment, he carefully signed it.

As he was occupied with his paperwork, my eyes ventured around the room. On the right side of his office, are shelves filled with books and scrolls that he collected throughout his quest on defeating the demon king, some books were rare and some even might be a book without other copies. Not only books were stored on the shelves, but also medals sorted atop the shelves, hanging downwards as it shimmered from the dim side.

Most of those rewards were given by the Demiurge Empire’s immortal leader, Hernaez Demiurge.

 "And?" With his eyes still locked at the parchment, he threw out a question that startled me. "Is that all you have to report?" 

He took a glimpse at me, peeking from the parchment that he just signed. Unlike Lady Stephany, all the members of the Reign family have similar blonde hair, and some of her siblings have blue eyes. Just like the head of the Reign house, he has blondish hair. 

In the former world, I heard that some children are different from their parents since they are strongly dominant to their ancestors. That might have happened to Lady Stephany since Jeanne's sister is the empress, which had silver hair and red eyes, but Jeanne didn't have those features. 

The point is, I don't want to make the bond between the former hero Alusu and the emperor be destroyed because of love affairs and a cursed child. I want to make the people in Liettera believe in my words, otherwise, when Alusu's child is exposed, it will only end horribly.

However, even if I accomplish such, it will only make the lady Stephany won't die, and their friendship will might be gone.

"Yes, Sir Alusu. Every word that I had said was real; the experience of having the Lady intimidate and overwhelm with fear me. Quite the similar aura that the demon king is releasing." I swiveled my head down to the point I can see my feet. "Her sinister aura was giving death"

When I said that, I realized that I was unconsciously giving rude remarks to his daughter. I quickly shut my mouth and said no more. However, everything that I had said was true, and it reminded me of the death of our older brother. 

I accidentally thought of it again, which I really don't want to talk nor think about, I felt so guilty. My mind felt lightheaded, my body started to tremble without my consent, and my eyes started to moist as I was invaded by sorrowful waves that attacked my soul from the inside. My heart was about to burst as something heavy was pushing me down to the ground.

When I felt like I was about to cry again, I gripped tightly at the hem of my black skirt and bit my lips, I can hardly feel the pain spreading from my mouth. I stood still as I anticipated his reply. The scribbling sound against the parchment stopped, but it was followed with a soft screech of a moving chair. 

Sir Alusu stood up and made his way to the left side of the room, which was purely made out of glass, and a balcony extended outside.

My eyes followed Alusu's figure but then strayed outside the window, where the open training ground came to view. It seems the young masters, Sir Linux and Sir Daniel are having a mock battle again, they both have wooden swords but didn't wear any protective gear, and as a result, they both have many bruises and dirt.

Beyond the open training ground was a century tree, it was so high that it surpassed the mansion's height, and it was large enough to cast its shadow on the calm pond. Looking closely, it would seem that the Lady Merry is with the crown princess of the Demiurge empire - Cristable Ella Grothoff Demiurge,

They were both sitting at the small and simple quartz house, it was designed in a way that it won't get attention because of the contrast, and the tree and the pond were besides it. 

Lady Merry and Princess Cristable were enjoying their time whilst the boys were doing their thing. 

Geez, kids are really energetic nowadays. They just returned yesterday from the Royal hub academy for a month break, and now they are doing this? Not that I am angry about, but looking at them, it reminded me of the days when Alusu and Yardrar used to have mock battles too, and Jeanne and I were spending our time drinking tea as we watched them at the side.

Such nostalgia was lingering inside, but also that feeling of missing something was slowly destroying me. If only I could bring back time, I would do everything to protect them, to not break our bonding. Yardrar being that supportive brother, Alusu that used to be that arrogant and prideful brother, Jeanne that doesn't have the ability to refuse and help all people without question, and I, who was the weakest and hopeless sister.

If only Yardrar didn't die because of me, if only Jeanne didn't die from poison, if only we didn't get summoned by the emperor us heroes. Our bond together from the previous world wouldn't be broken because of deaths, my life is full of regrets because we now live in the wrong world, the wrong fate where we didn't have to die. Why am I suffering when I just want to be happy with my friends? Why did they have to die when they did nothing wrong? 

Because of Jeanne’s death, Alusu wasn’t his former anymore. He just suddenly changed, putting a wall to everyone, not even a single glance. Why did both of them leave us alone in this world? Didn’t we make a promise that after we defeat the demon king, we will travel across the world? Sightseeing new things, discover otherworldly cultures and beings, experience new things that we haven’t, party all day and night, buy everything we want, and do stupid things while we're at it? 

Before I knew it, I was silently crying behind Alusu. He must have suffered more than I do, he was my older brother, which led him to be obligated to help me cope with my depression, yet I didn't think about his side. I am worse than garbage. Thinking about that, I considered and forced myself to stop crying and wipe my tears before Alusu could notice.

Alusu uttered, "Things that happened years ago, I know what you feel. It must have been hard for you, but if you wish to end your life, please don't, I only have my children and the newly obligated wife." He turned around, he was making a pained expression that I haven't seen before "if you leave me too, I will no longer have the reason to stay here too."

That's right. We are the only ones left in this world, Jeanne's sister - Artermia has even left the royal imperial palace and never been found. The life that I have is full of regrets, if Alusu dies because of me then, I wouldn't be able to face them even after death

However, there was something biting inside me, because I know myself better than anyone. And both of us know what I want to do. I wasn’t able to think of a proper response and gave a silent nod.

 

Part 5

The new exclusive Professor, Grey Reign, the little sister of the Reign head.

Month 5, day 11, A.T 882. Before noon

Inside the Office of the Grand Duke, Alusu Reign

 

When things settled, Alusu returned to his seat and continued his work without further discussing it. Although we have a compromise, it still didn't mean our suffering will end, the thought of death was swaying in front of my eyes. I turned the knob of the glass door and quickly went outside on the balcony.

I decided to take a break before chasing Lady Stephany at the balcony, I presume she ran on the floors of the library. Actually, before that, didn't Lady Stephany fall from somewhere? Where was she hiding? At the top of the bookshelf? 2nd floor? The bookshelf was high enough, yet if I recall, she remained unharmed and didn't even show emotions of pain.

It is truly a pity that Lady Stephany has to grow in that path, despite being the Grand Duke's daughter, she lives in a way worse than a commoner's life, much like any slave is living in the present. I gave a side-long glance to her siblings.

For a moment, I was lost in my thoughts, pondering about the power of the Family Reigns has to offer, starting from the Eldest.

If I recall correctly, young master Linux Avel Reign is the first child of the Reign Family, age 18 years old. 

At his back, his blonde ponytail was swaying side to side as he made a strong swing towards Sir Daniel. He has a perfect build on his body despite his herculean-like strength, moreover, he has an intellectual mind of a hundred men. His golden eyes gleam when the light strikes by, and he always has a face of cool, calm, and collected expression.

For his abilities, he has both magic and skill. Magic is called [mana area seal] which seals the use of mana. Also, it seems that he can select an individual to seal or not within the area and he doesn't seem to exhaust himself when using it. His skill is named [Physical buff] which significantly increases his strength, stamina, stamina recovery, energy recovery, and agility.

Due to his power, the Royal hub academy determined him to be an anti-mage swordmaster.

The next child should be the Lady Merry De Lenn Reign, and the same as the young master Linux, her age is 18.

Although, the young master seemed to be cool and calm as if he doesn't care what his surroundings do, lady Merry isn't something like. Rather, she favors dominating others just because of her noble position, she was spoiled by her mother but became arrogant after she disappeared.

Of course, she has that blonde hair and yellow eyes like all nobles do. Her body was gifted that of a natural, she has the right curves on each area, a bountiful chest that allures men just like her mother. Given that, every clothes and accessory she wears is just inferior. 

However, even though she is arrogant, the way she thinks and knowledge is not something to make fun of. Although I have said that the young master has a mind of a hundred men, he could not be par towards Sir Alusu nor Lady Merry. Perhaps, Lady Merry is the only one who could par with Sir Alusu.

Regarding her abilities, Lady Merry has magic called [bubble seal] which manifests a single or multiple bubbles, it would follow the desired targets and capture them without fail. When the individual touches the bubble, the bubble will then proceed to expand and envelop the target. The target will be immobile inside the bubble unless the other party has the means to destroy the bubble. 

Her other magic is [lightning chain]. Lady Merry is skilled enough to manifest her magic on her fingertips without a medium since unlike Lady Merry, other people will electrocute themselves without a medium. Lightning is very hard to control, but lady Merry herself has tamed the lightning itself and was able to connect it to other nodes, or to be precise, people. 

Her class was that of an ordinary caster for the moment until she graduates the royal hub academy, she will be given as grand caster, the same position as my title. 

Sir Daniel Artefu Reign, the 3rd child of the Reign Family, a 15-year-old child yet capable of taking down a greasy bear alone. He had the same hair and eyes as the noble's appearance coding. While gazing at him from afar, he reluctantly positioned his body where he was visible to all attacks. Thus, Linux took this opportunity and made a decisive strike, a forceful wide swing came down from the sky.

Sir Daniel knew that his body didn't have the choice to dodge the incoming sword, so he blocked the sword with his. As a result, a loud dryer noise was made.

Sir Daniel has magic called [earth chain], it creates chains made out of the earth but hard as steel from the ground. This magic has a lot of potentials if only Daniel trains this magic a lot of potentially more than doing swordsmanship. 

In regards to his skill, it is the same skill as the young master Linux [Physical buff]. But despite that, he never one against the young master at least once. However, if I compare to the others, he is, at the very least, ordinary and average, since everyone in the family is insane to the point it's scaring me.

The next inhumane on the list is Lady Freya Delvus Reign, she is currently resting in her sleeping chamber due to that incident. When I reported about what happened to Lady Freya, Alusu was worried to the point he jumped off from his chair and barraged me with questions. Fortunately, I was able to calm him down.

She had golden mundane hair that was long enough to reach her waist. When she stands, she is like a white peony. When she sits, she is like a cute puppy, and when she looks at you, your heart is blown away with freshness and a relief feeling. Her body is small and looking-so frail that you want to protect, as expected the child claimed to be an angel.

Her charisma is similar to one of those angels, unrivaled. Even the church of the Spirit Queen wants her alluring figure to be the mascot or saint of the church, luring more people to believe them. However, they don't carelessly act on their own since they all know that Lady Freya is the daughter of the hero and the Grand Duke. In addition, the family Reign's territory lives in prosperity because of the blessing bestowed by the Spirit Queen.

It portrayed that the Reign family is loved by the Gods.

Lady Freya has the same skill as her mother [tame]. Making her able to tame monsters and control them at will. It's a powerful skill that the majority of micromanaging and cleaning in the army was her work.

Her other magic is [enhancement Buff], it amplifies the target's power by a large amount. And just like Sir Daniel, their class is still not determined since they haven't reached the minimum threshold, or that's what the royal hub academy says, but in truth. They were having trouble with what better class to give.

After all, classes make it easier for the people to know which position they are suitable for, otherwise, they will have a hard time knowing their capabilities. The people in Lieterra have only 2 magic or 2 skills, or mixed. Unlike me, I am able to cast three of the four attributes at the same time and extra uncategorized magic, which is fire, water, earth, and ice, making me versatile and suitable in all positions. 

When going to the empire, you can make money by just using your magic on a daily basis. Like creating clear water in the reservoir, making boulders for war, or making wood for the fire. Just like this, commoners living in the capital, and could use magic, have many ways to live without doing something tiresome jobs. 

In this world, classes verify the capabilities of a person and depending on it, one can be rich almost immediately. Whether the class is suitable in battle or not, the workplace that needs a specified class or a similar class to fill the role, one can be hired. Naturally, a commoner without magic fills the role of managing and checking. I have studied these facts whilst in the capital.

When I was about to think about Lady Stephany's power, which I suddenly remembered from the scene where I met Stephany earlier, she fell from the top of the shelves, right? Will she be okay? 

All of a sudden, I heard a knock from the glass door - it was Alusu Reign. He made a gesture in his hands to come inside, I was dumbfounded why he wanted me to come to him, but then it reminded me that I forgot to report regarding the disappearing maids that serve Lady Stephany, I quickly came inside to give the result of my investigation.

By the time I entered the office again, Sir Alusu had returned to his chair, looking at me as I closed the door behind me. Before I could even say my report regarding the maids, Sir Alusu pointed it out with a sharp gaze.

"I believe you forgot to report the situation about the servants serving Stephany." Folding his arms, he sat back.

"My apologies, due to me overthinking things, I forgot my duties" I bowed deeply as I showed a sincere apology.

"It's fine, it's fine. I need no apology, so what has come to the progress of the missing servants?" He said, waving his hand in a repeating motion. 

Raising my head, I started to point out what I had seen in the library to him. "When I was looking around the library, the interior of the building was filled with dust and motes, there wasn't any part of the library that wasn't dirty. I assume that the maids had been slacking off their work"

Sir Alusu nodded to my words and confirmed, "That's right when I visited it yesterday. I was surprised by how dirty the library was, it was so dark that you can't assume whether it was day or night outside, perhaps the magic lamps weren't being maintained either."

Now that Sir Alusu mentioned it, the design of the making of the library wasn't made in that way, in night and day, the library's lighting must be bright as day. When Sir Alusu finished his remark, he looked at me as if he was anticipating my reply. I immediately opened my mouth and said.

"R-right! The library is too cold as well, different from how our library is in the royal capital. But the weird part is that the books were very clean, I couldn't even feel a speck of dust on the books. Even the pile of books on the ground isn't that dusty either, and some books have languages that I haven't heard of. I should take one and have it inspect later"

In the midst of words, I realized that I was straying away from the original topic, so I immediately shifted the talk smoothly.

"A-And! Regarding the maids, I haven't seen one in the library even though I searched for every nook and cranny. The maids that had gone missing years ago - I didn't have any clues to where they might be. Lady Stephany must have lived alone till this day." 

Saying so, I took a glance at Sir Alusu who had his eyes closed and laid back at the chair. Sir Alusu is suspecting that there is a murderer in the estate, but it's weird that the murderer hasn't killed the 3rd daughter of the Hero. Even then, the dead bodies of the victim (servants) must have some kind of the last remnant, something like blood, or some parts of the human body, or even a smell. However, there wasn't anything like that.

Alusu opened his eyes and let out a heavy sigh, "Have you at least found Halsey? The commanding officer of the Silver ring City, Captain Toa, sent me 2 letters earlier this morning. One shows regards to me and asking how his Sister Halsey is doing, and the other letter is for her Sister. The majordomo was requesting her presence yesterday night to assign her to a new position since the Chamberlain Rachael will be Stephany's exclusive maid. But no matter how much they search yesterday, they didn't found Halsey"

The maid Halsey was assigned to Stephany's servant a month ago, but she wasn't seen until yesterday. Even when I searched the depths of the library, I haven't seen her either. Naturally, I have seen her face before since she was always with Captain Toa. And if I recall correctly, Rachael used to be a major in the military, but she moved on to being a chamberlain to the princess of the Handel Imperial kingdom, Miss Lesly Brothen Grawford, who will soon become the Queen if the marriage between Sir Alusu goes smoothly. Though I don't want Sir Alusu to marry another woman, but if she brings happiness to him, then I won't worry much if I become part of this world someday. I swayed my head side to side and said.

"Unfortunately, I haven't seen her either."

"I see" He uttered, "Do you think this is Stephany's doing?"

 

<<case_file/Leiterra/item/Monetary value>>

1 royal demin coin is 100 gold demin coins

1 gold demin coin is 10 silver demin coins

1 silver demin coin is 100 copper demin coins.

 

Part 6

The new exclusive Professor, Grey Reign, the little sister of the Reign head.

Month 5, day 11, A.T 882. Before noon

Inside the Office of the Grand Duke, Alusu Reign

 

When he said so, my mind went blank. How could he reach such conclusions? I wanted to make a rebuke, but I calmed myself and inquire him

"Eh? How so? The lady Stephany just identified her magic recently, and there is no way that a child like her can do such things. Moreover, how could she do it cleanly, not making the servants shout in terror? Which all the people would have known? Other than that, she shouldn't be able to clean off the corpses herself!"

When I said so, Sir Alusu had a surprised look on his face, only to have me realize what I was thinking about. Although what I said is pretty much common sense, it would be strange that a lord and a hero like him didn't know about this. Having such evidence like the library is dark because some ice is blocking it off, such as the lights from the magic lamps and such. Because of those reasons, the library is cold. This might be the power of the lady Stephany, or so many of them will reach this conclusion.

Naturally, I haven't seen any ice in the library either. So it's meaningless that Lady Stephany did this ice cold unnatural atmosphere.

"No, no. That's not what I was talking about" He strongly denied while gesturing his hands' side to side.

Eh? Then what was? Perhaps I was thinking about death and the likes. I misunderstood what Sir Alusu has in mind.

"So far, before the maids disappeared I had them directly report on me about Stephany's situation? Some were struck with deep fear, they trembled at every word they utter, so I could only think that Stephany has a skill that gives fear, mainly to the eyes. Since almost every maid was saying that Stephany's eyes were made out of a demon. Even I, the Father, sometimes feel fear from my daughter"

Now that he mentions it, every time I look at her eyes, I become aware of the true meaning of fear, but the time when I strayed my eyes and thought deeply, the thought of fear became transparent. It is likely that Stephany has a skill that evokes fear, a power similar to a demon king. If she doesn't know about this skill and just unconsciously uses it, then that is quite terrifying. Let alone what she could do if she trained and enhanced that skill, she might even surpass the level of the demon king's fear.

"In other words," Sir Alusu continued "she might have threatened them to leave the estate secretly without telling anyone about the situation"

"That might be possible," I admitted.

When we reached a conclusion, we drew silence in the room, despite we didn't say anything for that matter. We both knew that we were thinking of a possible solution to find the missing servants and not have Lady Stephany use that power again. In the midst of silence, the door of the office was suddenly knocked by a guard outside and announced the person coming in. 

"The Princess of the Handel Imperial kindom, Lesly Brothen Grawford, and her chamberlain, Rachael Ledhiem, is coming in!"

After he announced, the double doors were opened by the guards and led Princess Lesly and Rachael inside. Afterward, the doors were closed behind. I look at Princess Lesly, long bluish hair and eyes. The appearance that signifies royalty. Having blonde or yellow hair sometimes makes them known as nobles. Dirty blondes are a mix of noble and commoner while having brown hair makes you known as a commoner.

Throughout the years, I have known that the citizens of the Demiurge empire have strong discrimination to the foreign. Such as a commoner marrying a noble or a royal, making their child as mixed. However, that mixed child will become a commoner when he steps into adulthood. Pure children will retain their ranks in the household as they win the inheritance. Of course, the commoner that becomes noble through marriage only makes them in-name noble, but their children will never raise their ranks. Naturally, they receive minimal support for their education and all. 

The commoners that raised their ranks to nobles, will also make their position in-name-only. However, the next child who has blonde hair will become noble. Naturally, they will have to marry a noble otherwise there will be no successor for the title. Their mixed children will, of course, either become a servant to the family or be a commoner.

The same situation as the noble marrying royalty, but the requirements of the right to fight for the throne is stricter. The child must have bluish hair and eyes, and the mix will become a noble or leader of some kind of work.  

I gave a curtsy to the princess and greeted her to show signs of respect. Previously, in the war, she was the one who helped us supply our food and water ration for the brave army, the time when we were subjugating the demon king, while the emperor supplied us weaponry and people. 

"Greetings your highness, Princess Lesly," I said. "And to you as well, Rachael"

Looking at Princess Lesly, the edges of her lips curve upward. Rachael, who is a dirty blonde and always has that death stare, she looks at me and retaliates with a smile. 

"Now, now. Let's not be that stiff and formal, okay? Aren't we cousins-in-law, so don't be so stiff talking to me. Moreover, aren't we friends?" Princess Lesly said as she hugged without me knowing.

Having that told me, it made a smile on my face. She was the same as ever, I couldn't help it but say it out loud.

"You're still the same as ever, Princess Lesly."

While Princess Lesly is still not officially married to Sir Alusu, we are still cousins-in-law, but half in blood. Although it really sounds wrong, knowing the depths of the details is not really a mistake. Princess Lesly is the granddaughter of the empress, which is Artermia. While it is true that Artermia and Jeanne are blood-related sisters, Jeanne is married to Sir Alusu. Sir Alusu is going to marry Princess Lesly who is his cousin. Actually, that sounds fucked up. But in this world, it seems pretty common. 

The grandfather of a merchant can say, he wants to arrange a marriage for his grandson and granddaughter. It would seem that incest is a thing here. That sounds horribly wrong, but I guess we're in this world. And I don't want to obstruct Sir Alusu's happiness, so I'll stay silent about my strong denial of this marriage.

That being said, their age is a gap between 6 years. Since the day we were summoned, we were about 15 years old at that time. Coincidentally, she was about 9 years old at that time.

"Haha! You don't mind it, right? My dear?" Princess said mischievously as she looked at Sir Alusu.

"I don't really mind, but..." Alusu replied, looking at the Princess with a dumbfounded expression "I am wondering why you are here? You should be spending your time with the children especially at a time like this, rather than do office work"

While Sir Alusu said, Princess Lesly released me from her embrace and guided me to sit down on the long couch. As we did so, Rachael silently walked to the corner of the room, in front of a particular table with a tea set sat atop. It would seem that she plans to serve us tea.

"The negotiation between the church has been compromised, and it would seem that they will arrive on this noon," The Princess said.

"That's rather quick" Surprised, Alusu replied.

I heard about their plans to change Lady Stephany's hair. Since there was a law about banning a certain color, Sir Alusu tried everything and looked up every nook and cranny, but when he was about to give up, he heard about a rumor that the church has a certain method that they are able to change one's appearance.

That being the case, he used his influence, wealth, and power, together with the royal family's name, he was able to contact the church and negotiate the business.

"It's me who negotiated, after all!"

"Good, let's have Stephany change her hair later, make sure that the royal family will not know about Stephany's existence before her hair changes." He declared.

Now that he mentions it, there are numerous royal families here, even though the dukedom is at the border of the territory of the empire, but despite that, the traveling time between the imperial capital is not that slow.

The reason why the royal family is here, it is because the territory of the Reign Dukedom has the most tourist spots in the empire. Princess Cristabel is here because of Young master Linux, they are engaged. While the other twin, Prince Dantalian and Princess Jallian are here for vacation. However, I haven't seen them since this morning’s breakfast, I wonder where they could be.

Naturally, his highness Hernaez emperor is not here. 

As they both continued their business talk, I was consumed by my thoughts, daydreaming, and reflecting on the things that I have done in the past. Although it was quite noisy around my surroundings, it was muffled to a degree it felt pleasant. However, the voices that are muffled were overly familiar, it was like that time when Sir Alusu and Jeanne were arguing why they didn’t cleanse me, otherwise Yardros wouldn't have died from that. 

Sir Alusu is capable of healing anything, even curses or mind control, so as it seems to Jeanne, but they didn't.

My magic is powerful and my mana is said to be finite, it would be a miracle if Yardrar survived from my below zero ice. 

However, even if my presence was there, it won’t make any difference. Three of them are enough to slay the demon king without my help. In that sense, I was nothing but a dead weight. What would have actually happened if I didn't summon this world with them? My siblings and my best friend would have gotten the best ending like in the fairy tales. And as for me, I will have to live in ordinary life, be content with the things I have, and die in the world where I was born. 

But thinking something selfish like that, it makes my heartache. 

The voices inside my mind slowly kill me, the guilt kills me every second. However, the sudden warmth surrounded me, caressing my hair gently as if I was standing in the middle of the plains. Her voice reached deep into my mind and pulled me back to reality.

“It’s all okay, there’s nothing to be worried about” That soft voice of hers made my head calm for unknown reasons.

Not only that, she is currently embracing me with gentle movements, which was similar to a mother’s embrace. She gently moves her body side-to-side and in response, I was swayed by it. I have no resistance to it since it was making me calm, both physically and mentally. I let her have her way as I lay my head on her shoulders.

“Everything is going to be fine,” She said as she gently pats my head again.

Lesly Brothen Grawford, the daughter of Maynard Grawford. She is an outstanding markswoman since she had an ability of clairvoyance and not only that, she had mastered archery at the age of 16. Hence, when she was 18, she was recognized by the emperor, or perhaps her Grandfather, Hernaez Demiurge.

She was given a title as “The arrow of stars”, that alone made her Father proud and immediately won the successor for the new imperial kingdom’s ruler. Not only that, but she was also given a golden crest of the empire “Gold Guardian assault Crest” which only meant for the royal family of the empire and us, heroes. Oh, by the way, Maynard is the ruler of one of those Imperial kingdoms that were captured and ruled by the Demiurge Empire.

Since the Emperor was too busy invading and other national activities, the emperor made his sons and daughter be rulers of the captured kingdoms. To be precise, Oslaris Imperial kingdom, Handel Imperial Kingdom, Sekrain Imperial kingdom, and lastly, the church of the Spirit Queen. Henceforth, Maynord Grawford, the eldest son with the current age of 60 years old, immediately took the Handel Imperial Kingdom, which is said to be the home of merchants and traders. 

To the details and information I have gathered, it seems that Sir Alusu will marry Miss Lesly so that Sir Alusu won’t transfer nor betray the empire. Since Sir Alusu is a powerful individual that almost rivals the power of the demon king, it will surely cause trouble for the empire dealing with this man. Henceforth, the emperor made sure to make Sir Alusu to be satisfied and not give him a reason for the transfer.

And since Miss Lesly will take over the crown of the Handel Imperial kingdom, it would also make Sir Alusu as the king of Handel. Though, I have no worries since Sir Alusu is a merchant from the heart, and it is proof of his role for the empire. In which, he is the one controlling the exports and imports of goods from other countries. 

As Lesly constantly gently caresses my head, my consciousness slowly fades until the light of my sight darkens.

Part 7

The Hero Caster, Grey Reign.

??????????

??????????

 

Every time I close my eyes, I always see that scene, either the way I did it with Jeanne or how I killed my brother. All these dreams always repeat to the point it's like a memory, and as a result, I always have a sorrowful wake. 

However, this time, it's a rather unusual and more painful wake. 

I found myself pushing down the naked Jeanne on her bed, my breathing became ragged as a powerful urge came up to me. Slowly, I caressed her golden hair which slightly shined from the moonlit passing through the opened window. Her faint yellow tinge eyes were visible between her fingers, but somehow, she looked distant without care for me.

The jealousy and irritation grew within me. I grab her hands to pin it deeply on the mattress, though, she only responded by looking outside the window. I could see the reflection of the moon in her eyes, why is she not looking at me? Is the moon more attractive than me? Those questions were born but didn’t escape my mouth.

My lonely lips touched hers and my tongue explored her mouth as it intertwined with hers. I savor her flavor and taint it with mine. Still, she continued to look at the moon. Why? In the past, you like it so much that you didn’t bother to kiss me in public. 

I release my right hand, and from her stomach up to her breast, my hand gently touches her skin. All of a sudden, both of her hands pushed me away with a great force to the point I was thrown away at the rim of the bed, and she immediately covered her body with a blanket. It immediately aches my heart and I couldn't help but ask.

“W-why?” My voice was only but a whisper because of the shock I had experienced, my body trembles so as my voice. This unsettling feeling lurks and tears my heart, why am I in great pain?

It is unlikely that my voice was heard, thus, I called once more. 

“Why?” My voice rendered through the room, it had no anger, yet it was full of sorrow.

I look at her, only to see her watching the moon. So it seems that my question was unheard, I shouted again and again to the point it broke the silence of the night, the wolves and owls responded with their roars.

“WHY!? WHY ARE YOU NOT LOOKING AT ME?” Despite the cold breeze invading the room, my naked body was rather feeling hot. “WHY ARE YOU LIKE THIS?”

Slowly, her head turns around to look at me. Her neutral face changed to disgust, she threw an angry shout as a response.

“HOW COULD I DO IT WITH A MURDERER!?” Her hand holds the blanket, tightly grip until her fingers sink deeply and the fresh blood dyed the white blanket.

I couldn’t move. No, I’m too afraid to move, because the person I love the most is starting to feel disgusted. In addition, the one that I had killed was her best friend, Yardros Reign, who's also my brother.

“Not only that! The murderer almost killed my sister! Thankfully, the empire did not pursue her!” She continued her anger, yet there was a mistake, which made me too defend my innocence. “And guess what!? That murderer used me to corner my sister!”

In a reflex, I answered with a despairing voice, “It’s true that I killed my brother, but for Artermia’s case, I only helped her escape!”

Artermia is Jeanne’s older sister. In the previous world, before we were summoned, I met Artermia a couple of times, and we were not close to each other, rather she was a hard worker that always comes home at night. However, 2 years before we were summoned, Artermia disappeared without a trace, with no notes nor any message. Only to be reunited with her after we were summoned.

It was a crazy coincidence we met in Leiterra. And in addition, it has been three hundred years since Artermia was summoned here by the emperor, in other words, she became immortal and powerful in this world of Leiterra. Luckily, the emperor is also an immortal being and brought himself to marry Artermia, which happened a hundred years ago.

Though, that is not the case. Artermia wasn’t happy being able to marry without depression, rather she was afraid of living in this world, and didn’t even leave the empire despite being powerful. And being able to marry the emperor would make her be protected at all times, Artermia was happy about that fact. However, there was a change of heart in recent years.

Artermia wants to travel the world, yet the emperor is opposed by her decision and locks Artermia in her room. Looking at her pitiful self, I couldn’t help but to use Jeanne’s almighty tamed dragons and let her escape. Though, the emperor viewed it as a threat and wanted her dead. Fortunately, she escaped the empire without a trace.

She must be enjoying the virgin lands of this fantasy world.

“YOU LIAR!” She shouted, “I WON’T BELIEVE YOU! THE KILLER OF HER BROTHER!”

She said the truth, which pierces my well-being. It feels like the word is too tight, I can't breathe. I held my head down. My vision went blurry because of my tears, the whole world is spinning. I didn't have any intention to kill my brother in the first place, there was no anger nor obsession with him. But my body moved without obeying my will and proceeded to kill my brother.

 

My vision was distorted and realized I was on the battlefield. Where am I? Where is Jeanne? I’m supposed to be in her room. Yet, I found myself standing atop the corpse of demons. They have large bodies that dyed in red color and black large horns on their heads, they all equip the same dark armors and swords. 

After inspecting my surroundings, I noticed my hand was equipped with the same swords as those demons, and it dripped blood from someone it had pierced. Looking carefully, my brother Yardros was pierced by the sword I held to his heart. 

I didn’t do it, rather someone controlled me to do it. Yet, it’s my body. I have to fully take responsibility for killing my brother.

With his last breath, he cursed.

“You traitor!”

The Demon’s king hysterically laughs as something with a great force throws me away. My heart missed its beat and my thoughts couldn’t process correctly. 

All of a sudden, I woke up from a nightmare. My body was sweating profusely and the bed was drenched with it. Quivering from the cruel nightmare, my breathing was distorted and caught for air, I sat up to hug myself, my hands trembling. I couldn’t move on, and this dark room where I had returned made a restless feeling.

Perhaps, it was already midnight, the room was darker and quieter than usual. And my nightmare haunts me as usual.

32