Chapter 3: Unexpected meeting
917 4 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 3: Unexpected meeting.

The third daughter of the Reign Family, Stephany Reign.
Month 5, day 11, A.T 882. Before noon
At the cliffside of the silvering plateau, the silver spring.

 

Seating at the edge of the small wharf, I let my feet submerged under the cold water. The spring was surrounded by a sea of trees. Hence, making the atmosphere cool and cozy. Bamboos clustered nearby, indicating that the spring’s water is pure and safe. Though, I doubt that this world would have polluted water unless poison was poured.

The passing breeze made the leaves flutter and occasionally drop to the calm surface water of the spring, it responded to tremors on its surface. Though, what caught my eyes the most was its water, which was so clear that you could see the depths of it. Pebbles sunk at its deepest and large rocks were placed naturally underneath, this was nothing more than a sight to see.

The soft breeze swept the plants, making synchronized waves of movements of the greeny vegetation, and no doubt it was calm that I could sleep. I laid back at the wooden wharf at the response of my thoughts, the sunlight penetrated between the leaves as it gently exposed my skin, which the robe couldn’t cover.

Though, as sleepy as I am. I don’t need to sleep just like foods that are unnecessary to me. Although mages have the same body as humans, the mana inside ourselves makes us categorized into different individuals. Naturally, there are mages that desire for their favors of a human intention, like pursuing different courses of meals, planting their own garden, and designing it in a way they like, etc… Becoming a mages doesn't mean you will have to follow what all mages do. However, it is a mage's obligation to kill or defeat a beast once a week. 

Important assets, like a new mage having a huge amount of mana in their mana pool. Mages persuade this talented individual to fight off beasts.

All that fighting, all of that studying and training. What was it all for, I wonder? The beast indeed has an insatiable desire to destroy everything they see, and that's why we protect humanity from it. But in the end, the impregnable fortress city on the planet Bertia had fallen in their hands, making us vulnerable on the inside. I don't understand why it fell when all laboratory experiments and ritual rites are there, all mages situated there should have the highest authority level and position. But despite that, the place fell.

After the fortress city fell, all the beasts immediately invaded the planet where humans live, while the powerful spares of beast head towards the society of mages and flank the other squads going to their designated place. It all went downhill from there.

I let out a sigh, it's no use thinking of a nonexistent place now. So I should use this life of mine to enjoy what I haven't, yet despite having such a goal in mind, I really can't let go of books. No, that's just an excuse, since I am afraid that there are mages in this world too. That being the case, they might try to find me and bring me back to my position. The opportunity to find new things and enjoyment aside from books will disappear.

However, saying that, I really can't go out and see if there are mages in this world. At this point, there is really nothing I could do but just wait in the estate. If there is truly a mage here and has made society as we have before, I can only think of rebelling if they are beatable, otherwise, I have to join them.

Thinking the plans aside, this spring is located under our mansion beside the cliff, if you had not known it. The mansion is built atop a lonely plateau, the silvering plateau, though it is an exceedingly massive highland, there was a quarter of it missing and that is where the spring is located. Furthermore, the mansion's private territory expands down to the very entrance of the plateau.

It’s the first time in a while that I had gone out with the sun shining at its brightest peak. Not only that, I haven’t bathed for many days, and since there was no one around me. I stood up to remove my clothes, the dark robe, the black vest, and the white-long sleeves fell to the ground. Then, I took off my short-pants that could be considered as training wear, and lastly, I removed my undergarments. 

What can I say? It’s all black… Well, in the first place, I didn’t choose the clothes based on its color, but rather how neat would it become. If I had worn a brighter colored clothes, they would be dirtied every time I wander around the library.

These clothes are originally from a young male servant, and you might already know what happened to him. Though at first, he was timid and shy, as times went by, he became so obnoxious and tried to find my treasures, he even stole books from the pile which originally belonged to my archive, and everything regarding him ended there.

Now that I notice it, I have not worn any sandals or boots since the day I was born. Though, I was not bothered by that fact and dive into the motionless water without any hint of hesitation. Thousands of bubbles were created from the impact that I made, and the waters splattered all around. Opening my eyes under the cold water, the Silver Spring’s water is clean despite being unmaintained for years. Well duh, it should be clean since its spring.

With creeping vines extended between the gaps of rocks placed at the spring floor, it almost looks like an underwater forest with them floating underneath the surface. I carefully swam around so as to not tangle my legs from the creeping vines. I was swimming stark naked, but I feel no shame, nor will I ever feel even if someone were to see me. 

Living thousands of hundreds of years, emotions become unnecessary and so as thinking of memories. Speaking of which, mages that lived a thousand of years tend to forget a lot, since the human brain is almost full, making delusions, thought process, action in the process, and memories mixed to how they physically act. But the problem is no longer since I was the one who solved it. 

Hypothetically, a mana pool is attached inside our bodies, and when we desire to use our mana, it acts as a secondary mind since it always and only follows orders from the primary brain. So I took a risk and stored a hundred years of memories in the mana pool. I was, of course, afraid that I will lose 100 years of study. 

The reason why is risky, since if you want to take out your memories stored in the mana pool, but you can't actually take the specific memory if you don't remember it. The hypothetical statements made by the others make sense, however looking it in a different way, their statements are not true. 

Taking the examples of grimoires, a personal spellbook for mages. From the outside, they have their own little mana pool to maintain the magical circles were attached inside it, otherwise, the magical circles stored in it will slowly vanish. The little mana pool maintains the formation of the stored spells or magic circle and is partially active. To make it understandable, filling a water dam to the brim but the water (is from the spellbook) will never flood the dam nor break the dam, when the user needs to use that particular magic that was stored in the spellbook, the dam will overflow from the mana given from the user. 

Water, presenting as mana, and dam presenting as the magic circle or the spell. If both of them can be preserved for 100 years and still be ready for activation, that's where my theory came in. Taking out memories from the mind as if converting it to an attribute to an element, and returning the memories to the mana pool, I was still able to remember what that memory is. 

Going back to the example, water represents a mana pool, in which the memory is stored, and the dam presents the primary mind. That being the case, it was easy for the mind to see the memories stored, as well as freely moving the stored memories. After that discovery, I publicly published this theory through a book and all mages in the society tried it out. It was only to avoid more loss of the elder members, who have lived a hundred years older than me.

Enough of that explanation, I probably spouted nonsense to the many. Even with how I am acting right now, taking a bath on a spring despite being able to use magic to cleanse my body. The smell and the dirt would instantly be cleaned. But I don’t feel like using it for convenience, and I prefer to use my hands when cleaning my body. However, I still use cleanse by the end of my bath time, it was just to assure that nobody odor nor dirt would stick to me.

As the light from the sky suddenly vanishes without warning, the spring glooms with darkness. I didn’t bother and continued to swim like I was soaring through a forest at midnight. Soon, I stop my movements and let my body be carried by the current, or rather, I let my body sink the spring.

It was so peaceful, the sounds were muffled and the sun was covered by a huge ball of a cloud. I could clearly see the sunshine on the contours of the cloud. Well, in this world, the book said that the ball shining above is called "Solia", whereas from my previous world it's called "sun". Meanwhile, the moon here is called “Lumia”. But I heard the servants still call it sun, and moon. 

This spring…

Despite a spring, it has no river that connects to a lake or another river. But instead, it has a natural tunnel that allows water to flow to a lake, unfortunately, that tunnel is filled with rocks making it almost impossible to go through it. Not to mention, that tunnel is so long that you probably lose your breath before reaching the other side. I knew about this tunnel because of the movement in the natural mana.

I continued to sink without a care, and since it was peaceful, it only meant that the individuals present here are only me and you. But you stayed silent as if you're dead, no? You probably are, that being the case, I should plan out my future. 

I have read all the books inside the library of the Reigns, acquired the knowledge of the standards of this world, monsters, plants, weather, and many other things, I remember and know it so well. There is no need for me to stay in this house, I should make a labyrinth of monsters somewhere in the lands, and stay inside until the existence of other mages is verified. 

I don't have any problems in that regard since I have my unique power, the world of archives, an infinite library full of wisdom and knowledge. However, it serves no use to me if I were to apply it to this world. All for the reason that it does not give the knowledge in this world, but rather from the other worlds besides Leiterra.

Even if I were to find one that was made from Leiterra. The World of Archives replicates books even on different timelines, hence it is completely impossible to say that the book is a thousand years old, or it came from the future. 

So, eliminating the use of the archive, I have to set out to buy books. I have no problems with money since I am able to create them using Alchemy craft, a set of craft that specializes in creating items using natural materials and nature.

It appears that sustaining myself without the others' help is not really a problem but trivial labor. Hah, if this were a mages conversation, that would have been a great joke. That aside, if I were to leave this paradise, where I don't have to do anything, it would only make me lose benefits. But what about my absence in this mansion you say? I could leave a doll, but not a clone.

It was always a taboo of mages creating clones, even if it's done for the reason of the bloodcraft sacrificial ritual, all the mages in the area are free to bring punishment to the person in question. Ever since the beginning when we found out that the clones have their own ego, will, and desires, we suffered much internal damage in the society, and thus, it was made a law. 

All experiments regarding clones were stopped. 

Clone magic is usually from Magus craft since magus crafting is all about giving life to the things that you have created or build things with said materials at ease. But that being said, it copies everything about the origin. For instance, a mage magus craft graduate wanting to make a building came from the stone-age era, it would replicate the building. There are no existing techniques to make the cloning of the original to minimize to some extent.

On the doll part, if it were created from Magus craft, no. Actually, mixing Magus Craft and Mystic craft can create a clone-like structure, but the only problem is that it will not move nor respond unless given.

Well, it would only be a problem if the doll is not exactly as the original behaves. Since I was a silent and unmoving entity, to begin with, there is no difference between me and a doll. I guess I 'might' be a doll in the first place, who knows?

It appears that I have no problems with running away from this place, and in the first place, the people here won't show concerns even if I leave since my existence here is a pebble on the side of the road. However, the only problem is the probable existence of mages. I'll stay in this house for a little longer until something happens, I'll run away. I must first know if there are other mages like me.

For my cursed hair and eyes, I could easily change them with magic, so that it won't hinder me. But I can't change it now since another problem will come if I do so. 

I let out a sigh in my mind, if it wasn't for the water that is drowning me in this deep spring, I would have leaked out a large sigh from my mouth. That is so unlike me. As I reached the very bottom of the spring, I could see rays of light piercing through the wavering waters. 

 

All of a sudden, I shuddered from the cold stone on the ground, it was then I realized that I was running out of the air for my lungs. I shifted my posture, which I stood on the spring's floor and jumped to make propulsion, afterwards, I hurriedly swam up on the surface.

When I breached the surface, I quickly caught the missing oxygen for my lungs to breathe, and went ashore on a nearby flat stone, my hurried breathing disrupting the natural whispers of nature. I should have cast [Water Breathing] from magic, or from Atlantic craft which is more efficient. Although I thought about that, I didn't regret swimming without it.

For now, my bath time is done, I cast [cleanse] magic for finishing touch and let myself sit down at the cold flat stone. The water that seeps down my skin slowly separates, and it floats a few feet surrounding me, the water droplets were suspended mid-air as if it ignored gravity. Afterward, the water droplets swirl in a haste manner to the point it's hard to see its contours. No, it's connecting droplets by droplets to create a strong current and showered to me. I didn't receive any force, yet looking at it closely, it is as forceful as pressured water. 

"Woah!" A voice of surprise was unlikely mine nor from nature, a presence that was never present before suddenly appeared at the wharf if I presume.

An unsettling wave of cold sweat runs from my neck down to my spine, it lingers with a slight fear and I shivered. However, it didn't appear on my poker face. I turned around to the source of the voice, which certainly came from a girl. While doing so, the currently cast [cleanse] magic stops and a strong wind approached and left me dry.

Upon turning back, I unconsciously let out a gasp of surprise. Yet again, it did not escape from my mouth nor my face responded to emotion. No, I’m actually trying to act, but for some reason, it's hard to do it. The girl standing before my clothes and her head swiveled towards me. In her hands was my dark robe, it cascades down to the wooden floor.

At this point, there is no return, no acts may persuade her since she has seen my appearance. I am exposed and the only way to solve this issue is by killing her right now, or just run away from this house now. 

Before manifesting wind magic that is powerful enough to cut down metal foundations, I inspected her appearance just to make sure she is not someone important. Although, I said that, I don't have any knowledge in regards to family houses in this world. The books didn't say anything about them. I hope she is not a princess or some sort since the house of Reign is that of a duke, so the ranks are likely similar to the royal family or marquess and counts.

She was wearing what royalty likes to wear despite in their outings, or if I assume correctly. Black-long sleeves and had it cuff loose, and top with midi velvet red dress was simply astonishing to make words with, and addition of the ribbons along the rim. It gave off a noble-like atmosphere. Furthermore, there was an emblem attached to her chest area, three-headed dragons, and at the center, a shield with staff and sword at the sides.

Somehow, seeing the emblem, it was somewhat nostalgia from the past. I wonder what it is. Maybe it’s just an emblem that had appeared in the books I have read.

At the same time, she has light blue hair and eyes, it was tied to a red ribbon as the ponytail was extended to her waist. I noticed that her eyes were wide open as if she was truly surprised. No, she might actually fear me because of my cursed appearance.

Wait, she has blue hair and eyes? From the fiction books, blue hair and eyes in this world always label them as royalties, is it because blue hair and eyes truly exist? Well, she has a dignified aura and all. But still...

First of all, why the heck does color matter the most? It's always been a question to me that there are so many colors of the hair and the eyes, which totally don't make sense if questioned in science.

Her height was not much different from me. Actually, reading through the natural mana, she is higher than me for a few feet… Just watch and see me grow instantly with my magic but I refrain since it’s just a joke.

She panics as if she finally recognizes what she was holding and what scene she set herself into. With a beet-red face, she turns around towards the cliff, opposite from me. I didn't think that people would come here since the last time I recently came here, there were no people nor other living beings here no matter how much I searched and put my guard up.

Actually, by means of recently, it was a year ago if I recall correctly. My age and the age humans cannot compare, and I evaluated the humans wrongly. The past is always past, but the future is ever-changing every day for humans.

I let my guard down because I was careless, not to mention, assuming things wrongly. If only I read the natural mana that was bothering me quite a while, I would not arrive at this situation. No, even looking around the surroundings, gravel pavement, trimmed leaves from nature, clear water, no moss displayed all around. it is almost as if it was intentionally maintained. 

For that reason only, I should have assumed that people visit here now and then!

I got up and tried to ask the girl. However, before I could, the girl suddenly turned around and blinked a couple of times, even rubbing her eyes as if she was blinded by reality. Perhaps she hasn't seen any silver hair with blood eyes. Well, being a noble won't allow you to see these cursed appearances. 

Should I try to kill her? Should I run away now? If only she wasn't a noble, I would have done what I desire without having these doubts. I wonder why am I agitated by this when all of this matters, killing or not when everything in regards to humans and other agenda does not matter to me.

Just like Freya or any family members, surely, they have bothered me once back in the days. But I only harbor these feelings and every time I do so, these doubtful emotions are making my actions to stop and just receive their mockery. There are only humans and humans are alike, surely position and influence do not matter. Even that time with the other maids, but I only held these grudges every time it was noble. These emotions I am feeling now, it feels disgusting to bear.

 

Unconsciously, I clicked my tongue from the frustration.

"M-mom? Is that you?" Spoke the girl in a quivering tone, so as her legs act in the same manner.

Who? Have I given birth to someone I don't know? No, she must have mistaken me for someone whose appearance is similar to her mother. Wait, a similar appearance? A noble figure with a cursed appearance, that's unheard of. I am certain that everyone with a cursed appearance had died.

Collecting my thoughts and shifting my ideas, the girl walked her way across the wharf and to me. For now, I assumed that I am safe from being (self-planned) exiled or from (fake) execution since she had mistaken me for someone. Though, if things go south and have no other options, I could get away by acting as her said "mother"

Actually, acting as her mother may have benefits for me. For instance, getting her treasures, such as books and likes, or even taking refuge in their home once I run away from ours. Hopefully and assumingly, the head of the house, in other words, this girl's father, must be dead. Otherwise, going there will never come to mind. Furthermore, I could get information this way by using her.

Wait a moment, aren't I getting ahead? I still don't know what the story behind this girl nor her relationship with her mother is strong or not. I'll be lucky if they have a strong bond, in that way I could get away from everything I ask.

While in the depths of my thoughts, the girl started to cry as she got close to me, and without warning, the girl threw herself towards me with open arms. Anyone in my situation would evade her, but knowing she would get injured, a noble getting injured, certainly, the outcome won't be good. 

Though even I don't want any troubles, I am building a flag that will come and bite me in the future. That includes the missing maids, but now that I have plans on running away and the disposable pawn, Grey, I could get away from it. Well, as if it matters anyway.

Unfortunately, I didn't dodge and receive a forceful hug from a stranger. She hugged my body tightly like there is no tomorrow. 

"Mom! It's really you! I finally got to meet you!" She cried loudly as her hand firmly affixed to my skin. 

The way she acts, it was truly a question if she is noble or not. Or maybe she hasn't received education for etiquette and manners, or perhaps her body was controlled by her emotions. 

“Can you move a bit?” I asked.

"Mommy Artermia!" She sunk her face at my chest, crying loudly as she called out her mom's name.

No, perhaps she's a lost child. But it would be a question that her mother is still alive since she has silver hair. If she just assumed that I am her mom, it would also be a rare scene since I have a cursed appearance. Children's could at least differentiate outward appearance. 

Now that I noticed it, she was kneeling. Her head was restless and moved side to side, refusing to move aside. I can feel the wet tears slithering down my skin. I just took a bath for the first time in a while! 

Not only that, the name "Artermia" is awfully familiar and piqued my interest. It is such a nostalgic name to hear, a name I heard before in the mage society. However, I can’t remember who it was. Maybe the names is purely coincidental.

 Either way, it doesn't help me in my situation. Should I pretend to be her mother and take a disadvantage of it? Or should I not? Certainly, I don't know what the personality of the so-called "Artermia '' is, thus making it all risky. I don't even know if her mother has books and so on. But either way, the case of me, being not her mother, will still lead me to bad ends.

"Yes, yes. My dear, can you calm down for a bit? I'd like to wear my clothes" Patting her head with fake care, my soul is dancing delightfully for the liar I am. 

Part 2

The third daughter of the Reign Family, Stephany Reign.

Month 5, day 11, A.T 882. Before noon

At the cliffside of the silvering plateau, the silver spring. 

 

She turned her head up to me, looking at me with lonely eyes. Did she think I might run away? Humans are surely bothersome creatures. I only knew this fact when I was studying philosophy to dig in memories of an individual or mind control, someone. However, that magic only works towards the people without who have no mana. Otherwise, that magic will never work. Even if it is supported, enhanced, or is created by the craft itself. 

After all, the concepts of mind control and mind reading are pouring mana into a vessel and copying everything that is inside the vessel without mana. It has the same methods as "transferring memories in the mana pool”, but since the mana is different from each individual, the copy you made is only temporary and will eventually vanish. However, if the vessel has mana, pouring mana into that vessel will not work.

Everyone in the world of Liettera is born with mana, making almost every method of controlling an individual won't work. So as Brainwashing, otherwise, I would have ruled the entire world when I reincarnated. No, that's just a joke since there is the possibility of mages. But unless, if mages doesn’t exist here, then it won’t really be a joke.

Thus, I can't access this girl's memories to see the behavior of her Mother. I have to be careful since I don't know what her character and personality is like. For now, I should do what a mother would normally do in this situation. 

I am starting to regret my escape plans, if only I was extra careful since the beginning or stayed in the library, hiding my existence with the mystic craft. Troublesome situations like this wouldn't have existed. But now that it happened, I should have my way out of this situation. 

My way out? Acting as her mother since her actions were derived from her emotions, it would only mean that she is not in the right mind to think correctly. I might even take advantage while I am at it too. The thought of killing her now is rather a waste since I might be able to take something from her or her mother. 

"You won't run away from me, right mom?" She doubted, tears remained at the edge of her eyes.

With a usual voice, no. With a soft voice, I prompted, "Of course, there's no way I could leave my cute little girl whom haven’t met in years"

There were no lies in the words I uttered. By means of ‘in years’, it's actually 13 years since I reincarnated, so it would make sense I haven’t seen her. She stared at me as if burning my image to her eyes. Is she perhaps comparing me between the original? 

She accepted with a dejected smile, “Promise me, okay?”

I nodded, or that is my usual response. But I corrected it by adding "My dear, didn't I say so already?"

And so, she released me from her embrace and continued to stare at me while I put on my clothes one by one. Naturally, I wondered if this girl is truly a noble or not since she doesn't behave like one. Well, I did say she is currently derived from her emotions so it would make sense she would forget her manners. Reasoning my doubts, I didn't further question her behavior.

Instead, I used my full mental capacity to think of a way to dodge this incoming 'serious question'. 

"Hmm, is it just me or did you get smaller, mom?" She inquired "Your voice too is also similar to a child"

There it was, the question I really don't want to get asked. But as if nonchalant and had known about it, I spoke confidently.

"Well, some circumstances happened to me and brought me back to my childhood body, I can't even remember some of my memories. Forgive me, I may have forgotten about you, but I am certain you are my daughter." I lied this time, "This throbbing ache in my heart, I never felt something like this until I met you"

That was a flat lie, but it was only the best plot I could think of. The reason why is that the case, assuming that her mother has the same appearance as me, red eyes, and silver hair. If the empire likes to discriminate against people and like to kill the cursed appearance, it would be reasonable that her mother ran away from their house and hides somewhere, but something happened on the way and this was the result.

"Was this the work of the witch that lived in the Altor forest?" She said in a serious tone. "No, if you hadn't run away in the first place, a father wouldn't make such a law just to purge every image of you. Not only that, you wouldn't live in hardships. Please return to the royal imperial castle, mother. Please makeup with father"

Hm? Um, what? Just what did she say? It sounded as if her father is the emperor and her mother, Artermia, is the empress. Well, I did hear something wrong, right? If it did, I could only see trouble and problems in my future. Just what did I stumble myself onto? Furthermore, she mentioned a witch of the Altor forest, which piqued my interest in that matter.

"Can you elaborate more? About the forest and the affairs to my husband"

An individual was coming to our location, moreover, at a fast speed that could match a running horse. I shifted my gaze at the source of the disruption and quickly wore my robe and drew my hoodie down to conceal my silver hair and red eyes. Having this appearance is quite troublesome to micromanagement. 

The girl in front of me replied with a surprised expression, "Oh, don't tell me you forgot about that?” 

Just when she was about to tell the story behind her mother and the witch, the individual approaching us, revealed himself behind me and shouted desperately. Naturally, I was anticipating the story, but it was disrupted, yet again. This scene feels like deja vu, just like earlier.

"PRINCESS JALLIAN!" A human boy at his young age, no. Perhaps similar age to the girl in front of me.

I turned around as if to look surprised, but with my hoodie down, there was no reason to act so. Gazing at him, he was wearing thick black long-sleeves that had a frog fastener; it had red and blue stripes at the rim, he also had a sword hanging from his waist. 

So this girl is named Jallian? A princess atop of that. It would seem that what I had heard is true. This girl is the emperor's daughter and her mother is named Artermia. This empire's sole immortal emperor, but I don't know if the book's words are true or not, whether the emperor is immortal or not. Though I may seem to think calmly in this situation, my mind is brain wrecking ways to get away from this situation. 

Certainly, she said that her father, or the emperor to be precise, was the one who mercilessly killed the cursed appearance and made the discrimination massive. The reason for his doings was because his wife ran away, it might be because of affairs or heartbreaks, what a silly reason for an immortal emperor to unreasonably killing people who have the same appearance as the empress.

Knowing these facts doesn't mean I could get away from this. They might report that they have seen the empress in this estate. Making a thorough investigation in this mansion just to search for the empress, it would only mean that I have to get away from this mansion before the search can be done.

Before this, my plan is simple, in and out, pretend and deceive, when such a thing is achieved, I may be able to get books from her mother, simple right? Not to mention, I already had made my way into her, it was only a matter of the ways in our conversation I could gain benefits from her. However, because of this individual that meddled in our conversation, the plan became blurry.

Naturally, the search for the fake empress in this estate would also be impossible if I made it a secret with her, only if the individual had not come. Furthermore, the fact that she is a member of the royal family of this empire, there is a higher risk that they will discover my existence in a matter of time, but in between, there will be high rewards as well. 

The human boy notices me and draws his sword, while doing so, he edges towards the princess. Hm? Putting his guard up to a looking-mere child? Or is it possible that they have some enemies whose appearance is that of a child. It's always a question for me. Perhaps he could perceive my power unlike the so-called first-rate caster; that conclusion might be possible since I haven't seen anyone powerful as at least a mage student level.

When he got close to Jallain, his eyes opened wide as he yelled loudly, which echoed throughout the cliff. 

"REVEAL YOURSELF AND STATE YOUR NAME!" 

I stayed silent and still, staring at the boy. Though I was passive because of how our conversation had progressed, this time, the urge to spill blood all around slowly swells within me. For the reasons that the plans of deceiving have already failed, but knowing that they have high positions, it only made it harder. Not to mention, the boy had the same hair color as the girl, sky blue eyes, and hair. Furthermore, they have the same insignia displayed on their chest.

For someone that looks like a guard for the princess sure looks similar to her, it is almost as if the boy isn't a guard but someone relative to the royal family. Thinking something like that, the urges inside me stayed silent and behaved like a beast in chains. 

"You insolent fool! I'm ordering you to state your name!" His voice was like thunder, almost snapping my well-behaved beast.

Certainly, I have self-control, but only to some extent. Only if I know if there are existing mages here or not, I would have behaved differently. 

My course of actions after knowing these facts will go in 3 ways, if there are mages I will live silently and follow others behaving like an ordinary person. Naturally, I have limits on what I can handle since I don't like being ordered around by people. If there are no mages in this world, I would do anything that I like, if there are hindrances, I will sweep them away. Call me a tyrant if you like. Or if nothing is amusing, I will stay silent somewhere in this world and do nothing but reading.

Reasoning out why I don't want to kill someone important in this world because mages know and observe the influential persons in the world. Unlike the maids that turned to nothingness, they will never watch a puny maid like them. Why is that the case? 

In the previous world, we manipulate rulers to make the world at peace, and because of that, we prevent destroying ourselves from the inside. Telling these secret reasons, the boy lunges himself towards me as he brandishes his sword. Then as if something burst out inside me, I followed my reflex and initiated a magic spell of [cinders] to make his last, a suffering one, however, before I could do it, Jallian replied something while raising her voice.

"HALT THIS AT ONCE, BROTHER DANTALIAN! SHE IS OUR MOTHER!"

long chapters or short chapters?
  • Long chapters but slow updates Votes: 32 58.2%
  • short chapters but fast updates Votes: 23 41.8%
Total voters: 55
28