Chapter 70: Eishath reborn and Eishath of the past
545 1 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'Child. Open your eyes.'

"Hmm...?"

'You have rested enough. Wake, and accept your destiny!'

"Hmmm..."

'...Maybe I am coming on too strong. Eishath, nap time is over. Please open your eyes.'

A woman's eyes opened in a very unfamiliar room. It was small and quant but well furnished and decently decorated giving it a very homely feel. Not that she could focus on her surroundings much as the center, floating above the thatch carpet stood another extremely striking woman.

Aside from her jaw-dropping feminine features, she also sported two horns, one of blazing flame and the other of shivering frost. This did not merely end at her horns for she also bore wings one of fire and the other of ice. This ended with her tail which was a harmonic swirl of heat and cold without either getting extinguished.

Despite being translucent, she commanded attention in a way few could ever match. 

"Who are you?"

The first woman asked, only to realize a more pressing question.

"Who am I?"

The question made the confused maiden delve into herself to search for answers only to come up empty. Try as she might, she could not remember a single wit of her past or present. Not even her name was spared.

Confusion, apprehension, and fear started to take center stage in her mind.

But she was not alone, and the second entity answered both questions.

'I am a voice, a guide, and a friend. A spirit who exists to make sure you live your best life. As for what you are, well, a simple answer is a hopeful future.'

Unable to use anything else as an anchor, the woman latched on to every word the spirit uttered. She asked with mild desperation.

"Do you know who I am?"

'A being born anew bathed by the light of the divine flame and tempered on the anvil of cosmic frost. Your past does not matter but if you wish to know I can oblige.'

This caught her attention and she peered at the floating entity with her full attention,

The expression on the spirit that remained stoic up to this point took on a sad edge.

'You were once a hateful demon who only understood power and would do anything to get it. She lived only to become stronger so that she might exert her will on others. In a bid to earn more, she came across divinity, unlike anything she ever held before. Its enormity was such that her very soul was engulfed.'

The woman let out a gulp and clenched the silken sheets that protected her modesty as the spirit continued her story.

'But your end was not to be as the heavens smiled on your pitiful soul. It granted you a chance, a path forward, but to do so you had to cast everything you once were aside and be born anew. Even your memories were not spared.'

Her voice started to become louder echoing with a crescendo as she continued her speech. Her wings and horns flared out in their magnificence as she continued.

'However, as the heavens took with one hand it gave with another, do not despair for you are not feeble! You are a soul bathed in divinity! You may be but a babe now, but one day the very realms will tremble at your name! Eishath may have once meant 'The Queen of Whoredom' but you shall remake it into one more worthy!'

The brilliant gaze focused on the woman who now believed herself to be called Eishath.

'Is this a path you would like to walk?'

She nodded as much as to not anger this powerful spirit as anything else.

 

Eishath, or more accurately the splinter of her that still maintained her memory and previous personality, let out an internal chuckle as she hoodwinked herself into believing she was some prophesized chosen one.

She looked at the starry-eyed and incredibly stupid woman in front of her completely wrapped around her thumb. Sometimes she terrified herself with her ingenuity. 

So it was a shame that whatever she had become lost it all. All that cunning, gone under the force of cosmic change.

Well, screw cosmic change, she still had her mind even as a disembodied shard and she would craft this newborn back into the formidable queen she was always meant to be even if she had to con her into it.

So she did not dare merge her soul back into one whole, more than likely this new entity would subsume the last vestiges of her past self, something that could not happen. 

Instead, she cooked up a plan her other half lay sleeping. The main objective, find a way to merge into the rest of her with her past being the dominant personality. Failing that, train the woman into her image and merge after she was satisfied.

She also had to be wary of Samuel, the reality-warping monster masquerading as your average master. She was now permanently tethered to the thing and she refused to become like the eccentric fool.

As such she needed a more gentle hand in guiding the infant to walk both paths. To morph in her while still adhering to Samuel. 

The final execution is to make the babe a chosen one with a great destiny with herself being some sort of heavenly guide.

A bit convoluted? Obviously. Whatever she transformed into was not amoral she was sure that the rest of her soul was so squeaky clean that it would shine. 

How do you get good people to do bad shit and slowly turn evil? Make them believe they do so for the greater good or some cosmic purpose.

And so far, everything was going according to the plan.

This is my answer to the mysterious mentor with a hidden agenda trope! I wanted to give my own spin though I might have added a bit too many tropes into this. Welp I am committed so lets see where this goes!

15