Chapter 75:Chaotic decisions
462 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While Namaah was having an epiphany. Elizabeth was having a mental breakdown.

Why?

Elizabeth like every other normal person had a very bad outlook on demons, and why wouldn't she? Eishath had been the perfect example of every negative stereotype people warned you about demons.

The first person outside of blood she ever thought of as a sister turned out to be a demon, which in hindsight made a lot of sense.

Like, she was addicted to Samuel's essence, she would not bother denying it at this point. But the way Eishath approached it was like it was the literal elixir of immortality. Given that she was a demon, it might not be far from the truth.

Then there was the way Eishath seemed to be keenly aware of her thoughts and action. She had chalked it up to the fact that the woman was a people person and would make a very good fit for the family she wanted to make.

But her being a succubus made the demon keenly able to wiggle her way into Elizabeth's good graces.

And, to top it all off, succubi were supposed to drain the life span with anyone they have entwined with which meant she was directly harming her master.

Yet, with all of that, somehow she managed to get away with it.

How was Elizabeth supposed to cope with the fact that the demon that deceived her in such a fashion through a twist, became the victim?

Her master instantly forgave her, because he was the reason for her current predicament and in his mind what he had done was much worse than what the bitch did.

But her master's mind worked in mysterious ways and his values were not the norm.

In her mind, the bitch should have been vaporized and her soul rend asunder.

She was worse than her parents and they were evil incarnate. They, at least, thought what they were doing was the right thing to do even if their actions were twisted. But Eishath knew she was being a parasite and like a demon, she continued anyway and she got away with it when she got caught.

So what if she lost her memories and become 'another' being? it did not absolve her of her past actions, especially when they involved betraying her and her master's trust...

"Elizabeth, it is not your fault."

"Huh?"

"The fact that she came to us was not your fault."

Samuel said as he still wore the standoffish nature that he had been carrying for a while. But his eyes were kind.

"..."

"What do you mean?"

"It is not your fault that she came to you before coming to me. As a demon, it was always her plan to come to me. I could not see past her illusion and had thought of her as a unicorn even though if I only sat down and talked about it I could have seen past that lie. A unicorn is too rare of a demi-human to not be widely known by a sect where there are less than ten demi-humans total."

"But..."

He held his arms out and as he had predicted Elizabeth jumped into his arms.

Namaah had quietly left by now and Samuel let her. She was not his headache but Elizabeth was.

So much so, that for the first time in a long time. He did something he was loathed to do, bringing out a notable fraction of his comprehension power. This was always set to do one thing and one thing only to figure out the secrets of cultivation. 

A vast majority of his 'instant' comprehensions were because he could partition his mind and lock it into specific activities. Quite a few of which he had to bring out because of this incident. 

With the added mental processing, quite a few easy-to-spot things that he could not be bothered to notice came very clear things. 

The foremost of which, Elizabeth was a very unstable woman and he had not done anything to help guide her out of it. If anything, he had reinforced her biases and crippled her social growth even further. 

As a master, he could get away with his lackluster social presence, but disciples needed it by orders of magnitude more. 

Even if he were to put that aside, Elizabeth craved a familial relationship. 

Samuel believed her to be wise, but have a massive blind eye when it came to family. He was willing to bet it had something to do with her past and before he once more locked away his mind, he needed to understand why she became like this. 

The answers would be with her birth parents. Then Samuel may be able to find a way to allow Elizabeth to heal and become more of a self-sufficient cultivator.

Maybe even... strong enough that Samuel could sever low-level the soul tether they held between them...

Because Samuel had figured out how.

 

 

14