UA Practical Exam
1.2k 2 57
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(3rd person POV)

The observation room is filled with the staff of UA as they watch the practical exam begin. Within the first minute, they make note of a few notable participants.

An angry blonde child who shouts ‘die’ whenever he uses his quirk to explode one of the robots.

A girl with cat features who summoned helpers to hunt down robots, as well as aid other applicants.

And lastly, a green haired boy, who’s the only one who requested the use of equipment in the exam.

“I can’t believe that we’re actually getting a quirkless person trying to get in.” Comments Vlad King. “The other ones who showed up left before they could even get on the bus! No drive, I tell you!”

“Indeed. Being quirkless does not mean you can’t become a hero. But to lack the will to try and go beyond your limits does. I’m surprised that they didn't try to requisition equipment as well.”  The sleep deprived underground hero, Eraserhead, also known as Shouta Aizawa, comments.

A small rat person sips his tea, then speaks. “Oh, he didn’t requisition any equipment. He asked only to be allowed to use what he’s made himself.”

“””What!?””” The assembled staff shout in surprise. They turn their focus to the screen of the child in question, watching as he ducks under a robot’s punch smoothly before punching it. This activates the glove he’s wearing, which releases enough electricity to disable the one point robot. He then helps the applicant who’d fallen to his feet before rushing off again.

“You’re saying that kid made those gloves? And he didn’t use a quirk to do it?” Asks Powerloader, the hero in charge of the Support course. “Are we sure that he didn’t submit his application to the wrong department?”

“Quite certain. In fact he submitted it four times, along with an apology for the excessive work. Apparently he was worried that someone would try to get rid of his application before it was filed.”

“Why would anyone get rid of his application!? Anyone with such youthful vigor deserves to be in this school. As long as they can go as hard and fast as the others of course~.” The R18 hero, Midnight moans.

“Signs of a victim mentality? Or maybe he’s just overly cautious? If he gets in, I’ll schedule a session with him to check…” The guidance counselor, Hound Dog, mutters under his breath.

“Ignoring that for the moment, I’m assuming that you’ll be sending this problem child to my class?” Aizawa draws everyone’s attention to the angry person on another screen, who’s yelling at someone for getting in their way. But he also helped them from getting injured in the process. So should they give him a rescue point for that?

Well they have a week to decide, so there’s no rush. “Of course!” Nezu claps his hands… paws… forelimbs together. “Your personality is best suited for dealing with these types of students, after all.”

The only response the principal gets is a sigh of resignation. All Might, meanwhile, hasn’t turned away from the screen showing the green haired boy. It’s him. I definitely remember that messy green hair from the rooftop. Heh, I guess we’ll see if I was wrong. Show me your conviction young man!

He’s finally drawn from his thoughts by Midnight, the R18 hero, commenting on the final noteworthy person. “By the way, that girl has been muttering to herself almost since the exam started. And half of those adorable cats she’s using have gone off to help others. Do we know what she’s saying?”

Everyone shakes their heads. The cameras can’t pick up the sound of a single person talking quietly with the sounds of fighting filling the room after all.

“I’ll filter the sound out so we can hear!”

Too bad a certain rat-thing doesn’t care about what makes sense.

Nezu quickly gets to work, and soon the girl’s words fill the room.

“-riously. I’ve helped no less than five people with at least one broken limb. Not even bo-nyas! They couldn’t use an entire limb. The nya is wrong with this place? I get that it’s a major event, and the school is only for the “best of the best''. But they should still keep safety in mind! How has there not been a casualty yet, nya? The three pointers literally shoot rockets!”

She continues to berate UA for its disregard towards the applicants’ safety as the teachers stare in stunned silence. Then the school nurse, Chiyo, hero name Recovery Girl, chortles. “Finally, someone who understands my problem with the exam! Like the girl says Nezu, you need to think more about the safety of the applicants.”

“Oh?” Nezu smirks as he sips his tea. “So you mean that I shouldn’t do something like… this?” And with his ominous words, he presses a button on the control board. They all watch as the zero pointer, a massive robot that rises above the fake city, emerges.

Seeing the damage it causes, Cementoss sighs, knowing that he’ll be the one who has to repair the cement buildings. Recovery Girl, meanwhile, is waving her cane at Nezu in anger, who just ignores it.

“Now then, let’s see what they’ll do now.”

𝌡𝌡𝌡

(Catia POV)

I watch as the massive robot emerges from underneath the city, knocking over buildings and causing debris to fly everywhere. I curse. What the hell is wrong with these people!? Is it really true that nobody has ever died during the entrance test for this school!? Did they just pay off their families so it didn’t become public or something!?

As I rant inside my mind, I see nearly everyone running from it. I say nearly because I notice the pervert staring at it in shock. I’ve seen him around as I take down my own robots and help people.

His quirk is actually pretty good, locking down any robot that comes into contact with it. Too bad he’s a pervert.

But he’s not the only one not running from the robot. I see Midoriya running towards it for some reason! Catching sight of me as he passes, he points at a piece of rubble, shouting a single word as he does. “Girl!”

I look and see the girl from the front gate there, with her leg trapped under some rubble. Good thing it didn’t land higher.

I run forwards as well, sending a mental order for my cats to converge on my location. I grab the pervert by the back of his shirt as I run by, ignoring his shout of surprise and quickly rising panic as he sees where I’m running.

Reaching the girl, I see that Midoriya is fiddling with one of his gloves while muttering under his breath. I don’t really understand what he’s saying, but I can tell that he has a plan for the robot.

Meanwhile, I drop the whining infant on the ground next to me. While he’s catching his breath from the rough landing, I tell him what I need.

“Ok, so your balls are sticky, nya?” At his nod, I point to the back of the rubble. “So, I’m going to lift the rubble and get her out, and you’re going to stick your balls under that side to stop it from falling on us.”

He winces at the image my wording conveys and I smirk as four brawler and two mage cats gather around me. I click my tongue in annoyance seeing the reduced numbers. Some idiots thought that my cats were like some kind of bonus enemy and attacked them, and since they didn’t expect it they were dispersed. Hopefully those idiots don’t make it in.

My brawlers work together to lift the rubble while the mages keep an eye out for other robots, and the pervert moves to where I told him to go, thankfully. While they work to lift it, I look to Midoriya, who’s finished his muttering. He takes off his glove and runs closer to the robot. Once he’s close enough, he pulls a wire from his glove and throws it at the tread that moves the robot.

He rushes back to us and I pull the girl out just as the glove lands. With a sound of static turned up to eleven, the robot is engulfed in a wave of electricity that works its way up from its leg. We watch as it begins to smoke, then once the electricity dissipates, it slowly tips backwards.

It lands with a massive thud that throws up a dust cloud, obscuring everything around it. I nod in satisfaction and turn to thank the pervert. He was helpful, so he deserves that much at least.

Too bad he’s staring at the injured girl’s ass and drooling again. It’s then I hear Present Mic announce that the exam is over. So now that I won’t get disqualified for attacking another applicant, instead of thanks, he gets a kick to the face. He’s too short for me to punch.

57