Rooms and Introspection
1.2k 3 51
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(AN: Not doing reactions to everyone’s rooms. They’re gonna be the same. Just Catia’s and Midoriya’s rooms since they’re the only ones different.)

Everyone gathers outside Midorinya’s room as they try to get a good look inside. To say they’re surprised would be… inaccurate.

It’s just as clean as they expected. But given how much he talks about heroes they were all expecting his room to reflect that. And while he does have a few decorations of various heroes hanging on the walls, the vast majority of what takes up the room looks like… junk.

One corner of the room is filled with what looks like broken electronics and other junk, while a big pile of gloves is directly next to it. In the corner across from it is a pile of scrap metal. A mixture of the three reside on his desk, and it looks like the wall is kind of burnt?

Feeling the judging gazes of his classmates, as well as the lecture from Iida about how he shouldn’t sully the dorms by collecting garbage, he defends himself.

“U-um, well. T-this is all stuff that I use for my experiments.” Seeing their questioning expressions, he goes to his nightstand and pulls a glove out of the drawer.

“This is one of the gloves I used during the entrance exam. Unfortunately the other one exploded after I overloaded it and threw it at the zero-pointer.” He gets a bit down thinking about all the time and effort he put into it before perking back up.

“Since I needed a new glove anyways, I was trying to see what else I could put on it. I was thinking of some kind of flamethrower. Or something that could enhance my punches. Though a…”

He devolves into muttering, but since everyone’s gotten used to it by now they just ignore what he’s saying. Instead they turn to me, since I’m the one here who’s known him the longest. Sighing, I explain.

“He’s building his own litter of equipment. He’s partial to gloves, and purrting anyathing he can into them.”

“Wait, so he makes his own stuff? That’s so manly!”

“Hmph. Given his limitations, I suppose that this is the least he can do to not tarnish UA’s prestigious reputation.

“But this seems like a hassle. Why not just let the support course take care of it?”

Hearing Tsu’s question, Midorinya perks up. “Oh, I actually got permission to attend the support course class as well. They’re on different days than our hero course classes, so it works out. Though it does mean I have less free time.”

“That’s quite the dedication to your work. There aren’t a lot of heroes who make their own gear after all.” He stands a bit straighter at Momo’s praise before deflating at Mina’s next words.

“But that sounds like a pain in the butt! Let’s move onto Catia’s room, I’m sure it’s going to be just as cute as her tail!”

I listen as a few of them mumble agreements and they start heading to my room. Sure, it’s more interesting than, say, Iida’s room. But it’s not like it’s the most interesting one here. Todoroki knocked down the wall for the room next to his to have his room set up!

But apparently nobody else agrees. My room is now filled with girls ‘awwing’ about how cute it is, and how it ‘totally fits me’. That kind of reminds me of Meruem. I should probably hang out with her after I get used to all the changes that have been happening.

“Hey, who’s Clause and Cat-aclysm?” Seeing their signatures framed next to my bed, Toru can’t help but be curious. I smirk, getting ready to go on a spiel about my greatness when Midorinya beats me to it.

“They’re actually the same person. They were originally called Clause, but they changed their name at some point so now they’re called Cat-aclysm. There’s been pretty heavy debates online about whether or not she’s a vigilante or a villain.”

“But aren’t they, like, the same?” Mina asks with her head tilted.

“Well that depends on what your views on being a hero are. Vigilantes use their quirks and act like heroes, but since they don’t have a license it’s against the law. Which would make them a villain, except that they’re usually helping people with their actions.”

“Huh.” Mina tilts her head to the other side as she considers this. “What d’you think, Catia? Since you have her signature, are they a vigilante or a villain?”

Hearing her I open my mouth to answer vigilante, but something stops me. Looking back on my actions, can I really say that I’m not a villain? Yes, I mainly target criminals, but if a hero gets in the way I’m willing to kill them too.

Yes, I try to only kill the corrupt or fake heroes, but that doesn’t mean a few good ones haven’t been put down by me, Himiko, and Twice. I don’t feel guilty about it or anything, they accepted that dying was a possibility the moment they chose this life.

But that doesn’t change the fact that I’ve killed good people to get my way and protect my clan-mates. That’s just how the world works. And nothing will change that.

But it’s not like I’ll go out attacking or robbing innocent people. I’ve done what I can to make sure only the people already involved get hurt! The only exceptions are when it becomes necessary, like if my mask slips. Or if they try to act like a hero and involve themselves.

In either of those cases, it’s not my fault if they need to be dealt with.

So overall… “I like to think of Cat-aclysm as a vigilante that’s willing to bite and claw to protect herself and her partner. She claws the line, but won’t prowl over it.”

Seeming to sense my shift in mood, Momo puts a hand on my shoulder. “I think that’s enough for one day. How about we discuss everyone’s rooms over a late lunch? We need to decide on the winner after all.”

“But this cat is so comfortable!”

“Yeah! You can’t make us leave Momo!”

I look over to the noise only to see Toru and Mina in my bed, hugging my marshmallow cat plushie between them.

While Momo puts a hand to her forehead and sighs in exasperation, I chuckle. Smiling, I can't help but tease them a little. “Oh~? So the two of mew are planning to sleep with me tonight, nya~?”

Toru blushes and gets up, but Mina smirks right back at me. “Are you offering or threatening? Don’t underestimate a girl who wants a comfy bed.”

We try to maintain eye contact as we wiggle our eyebrows only to fall into laughter a few moments later.

Feeling better now, we all head down to the kitchen where I summon my brawler cats to make everyone sandwiches.

“That’s quite useful.” Shouji speaks, one of the few times he does so. Of course now I have to respond to the quietest person around.

“It is, though it did take a while to train them, nya.” I sigh at the memory. “They didn’t really have a concept of ‘too much’ when I first tried to have them do this. They ended up pouring a whole jar of mayonnyaise onto a loaf of bread and stuffing a head of lettuce and a whole turkey in as well. My mom was not pawleased with the mess, but she helped me nya them eventually.”

I smile at them. Even after she’s been gone so long, having them make sandwiches just like she taught them makes me feel like they’re from her as well. Which is why sandwiches are my favorite thing to make.

The lightened atmosphere relieves the others, and we take a vote for the best room. It ends up as a tie between me and Sato due to Toru and Mina being unable to choose. Though all the girls choose him for his cooking rather than his room, so I’m satisfied with the draw.

Especially since that souffle was so good.

51