Mock Battles
1.1k 7 52
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“I cat believe I let them convince me to let her go out like that. Really, what was the school thinking, letting one of their students do their class naked, nya?”

I already sent a text to someone I know with a hair growth quirk. Not someone associated with any hero or villain activities, just a regular person. At the time I was getting irritated by how long my hair was and ended up cutting it myself after some thug grabbed it and threw me through a crate.

Suffice to say that I absolutely hated the new look after cutting it too short. Luckily, after I’d cleaned all the blood off of me, I met Kiminaru at the park and he helped me fix my hair. I’ve had him on speed dial ever since.

Anyways, I plan for Toru to wear clothes made out of her hair so she stays invisible, but isn’t showing off her body to anyone who can see her like me.

Well, unless she wants to. I’m not going to kink shame her, or stop her from pursuing her kink. We all have our interests, after all~.

Anyways, it takes awhile for us girls to come out of the locker room, and I can see that a few of the boys have a problem with that. So I give them an apologetic smile. Definitely apologetic. I even make sure to show my teeth so they know how apologetic I am, so I’m not sure why they flinch back. Nya-ope. Nyat at all~.

“Nya!”

“Don’t intimidate your classmates, Catia. It’s not nice.”

I pout at Momo while rubbing the spot on my side where she pinched me. “Fine…”

“NOW THAT EVERYONE IS FINALLY HERE, I WILL EXPLAIN THE EXERCISE!”

To boil down Ass Might’s explanation, the hero team either needs to capture the villain team or touch the “nuke” to win. The villains either need to hold out until time runs out, or capture the heroes. We’ll be in teams of two, and teams will be decided randomly.

Of course, nobody else knows this yet because the Ass in question is too busy looking for the script I just read. Since I do want to get to fighting, I send the covert spy cat I used to pick his pocket over to him to get his attention. How does it do this? By leaping at his face with claws outstretched.

… I didn’t tell it to do that, but I’m not going to complain. Unfortunately it doesn’t do much damage, just a couple of light scratches. Not even enough for them to bleed, only enough to tell that something scratched him! Letting out a mental sigh, I hold out his script once he looks at me.

“AH, THANK YOU, YOUNG AKIHIRO! BUT I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHY YOUR CAT ATTACKED ME.”

I shrug. “Dunnya. They’re quasi-sentient, so sometimes they nya how they want.”

He sighs before telling everyone else what we’re doing, not even questioning how I managed to get his script. He still doesn’t pay attention to details, does he.

Soon enough the others know what’s going on, and we’re quickly put into our teams and assigned partners. I’m partnered up with Mina, and we’re on the villains team. “This should be fun, nya~. Nya Nya Nya”

My evil chuckling is interrupted by Mina glomping onto my back. “Yeah! Let's show everyone that we’re not just a couple of the cutest faces in class!”

I pout at her, my tail flicking in irritation about how I’ve lost yet another opportunity to mess with my classmates. If things keep happening like this, I might have to take… drastic measures. Still though, our fight will be a good opportunity to test something with my cats.

The first round for the mock battles is Midorinya and Uraraka vs Bakuhoe and Mr. Roboto. Looking at him, I can’t help but nod at the fact that he decided against the Ass Might inspired jumpsuit, though I do feel a tinge of regret at not seeing him look like a bunny. Instead, he’s wearing what looks like gray leather armor with metal plates covering vital points. Over that he has on a black coat, similar to a lab coat with a hood, honestly. Though he told me that it’s made of a special material where, if he forces it stiff, it becomes like a shield. Around his waist is a utility belt filled with a variety of things to help him even any fight he’s in. He’s wearing steel reinforced combat boots, and he has a gas mask around his neck that he can easily put on simply by lowering his head. And of course, he has a pair of the special gloves he’s designed, though I can’t tell what one of them does. The other is his electric glove.

The match starts off fairly average, at least to me it does, so Mina and I spend the time waiting for something to happen discussing our plan for our own match. Of course it’s just broad strokes since the room is crowded and voices tend to travel. 

After five minutes, Ass Might gives the signal for the hero team to start their hunt. Immediately Uraraka uses her quirk on herself to float up the side of the building, stopping at a random window on each floor and- I’m assuming- listening for the villain team. Meanwhile Midorinya walks inside like a normal person. An actual normal person.

On the villain’s side, we see Bakuhoe flip off Roboto and say something before storming out of the room with the bomb, leaving his partner to pump his arms in outrage.I chuckle at the sight while Mina giggles in my ear, still holding onto me.

“Conflict in the Clan~. The Cats will reign supreme~.” My ear twitches rapidly as Mina whispers into it, and I just barely hold back the urge to rub the back of my hand against it to get rid of the sensation. Though I do approve of her thoughts on the class dynamics~.

Out of the corner of my eye, I can just barely see Toru pouting at the two of us, though I’m not sure entirely why. Whatever it is, it probably doesn’t help that I’ve been doing my best to avoid looking in her direction. What with her being naked and all.

But I refocus on the match just in time to see Bakuhoe try to sneak attack Midorinya. Key word: Try.

He steps back just as a moderately sized explosion goes off right in front of him, the smoke obscuring both of their visions. That doesn’t stop either of them though, as they both make their moves.

Bokuhoe dives through the smoke, swinging a right hook that trails thin lines of smoke with a snarl on his face. A snarl that quickly turns into a look of shock when Midorinya not only dodges the attack, but counters too. He dodges effortlessly and grabs the arm in question, turning and using the force from the attack to flip Bakuhoe over his shoulder and slam him into the floor back first.

He lays there, stunned for a moment while Midorinya grabs the capture tape from his utility belt. But before he can wrap it around him, an explosion rocks the ground as Bakuhoe shoots up, kicking off the wall to send a roundhouse kick directly at Midorinya’s face.

He’s taken by surprise, but all the training he’s done shows its worth as he manages to catch it in his left hand. The one wearing his electric glove. Bakuhoe spasms and falls to the floor as an electric shock goes through him, but apparently he’s as tough as he acts.

He’s barely on the floor for a second before he spins, sweeping Midorinya’s legs out from under him. He falls to the floor awkwardly on his elbow, and I wince, feeling a phantom pain in my funny bone from the sight. Seeming to get irritated at having to actually fight, Bakuhoe raises an arm and puts a finger in the pin, causing Ass Might to shout.

“YOUNG BAKUGOU, STOP! ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL HIM!?” This obviously makes the rest of us concerned. But before he can pull the pin, a look of relief crosses Ass Might’s face. “THE HEROES WIN! THE EXERCISE IS OVER, YOUNG BAKUGOU!”

He freezes, his anger-filled sneer stuck on his face as it becomes mixed with confusion. Confusion that’s shared by the majority of the class.

“You guys all forgot about Ochako, didn’t you kero~?”

Tsu’s words cause everyone to shift their focus away from the screen showing Midorinya and Bakuhoe’s fight and finally pay attention to the one showing Uraraka. There we see her latched onto the top of the bomb with a green face while Iida rests on his hands and knees, dejected. The class is in sync as they respond.

“””HUH!?!?”””

52