Chapter 2: Fateful encounter
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Erias wandered through the bustling streets of Althea, feeling a sense of aimlessness wash over him. He observed the curious gazes of passersby, their eyes lingering on his unusual attire. It was clear that he stood out in this world that was still unfamiliar to him.

Lost in his thoughts, Erias found himself drawn to the slums of Althea, the place where he had first awakened in this realm. The sight of poverty-stricken individuals lining the streets struck a chord within him, reminding him of the harsh realities of this world.

As he meandered through the dilapidated alleyways, his attention was suddenly captured by a girl around his age who appeared to be in a state of urgency. Before he could react, their paths collided, and the girl stumbled back in surprise.

"They're after me! Please, help me!" the girl pleaded, her voice filled with desperation.

Erias quickly assessed the situation, activating his unique skill to examine the girl. To his astonishment, the status card revealed her identity: Leila, the Witch of the Dark—a powerful mage and one of the future antagonists in the game he knew so well.

Before he could react, he noticed a group of individuals closing in on them. Without hesitation, Erias grabbed Leila's hand and pulled her into a sprint, their feet pounding against the cobblestone streets as they raced through the twisting alleys.

The sun began to set, casting long shadows across their path. Erias led them deeper into the city, his heart pounding in his chest. Finally, they found a hidden sanctuary—a secluded entrance to the sewers.

Breathing heavily, they sought refuge within the dimly lit tunnels. Erias turned to Leila, his voice filled with concern. "Leila, we need to find a safe place to rest. Why were those thugs after you? What's happening?"

Leila's eyes darted around the dank surroundings, her expression guarded. She remained silent, a mixture of skepticism and fear etched onto her face.

Erias noticed the necklace clutched tightly in Leila's hand—a piece that held significance. Memories flooded his mind, recalling the fall of House Veilburgh, Leila's noble family, due to a rebellion. There was a whole DLC about this story seeing how popular Leila is on the fanbase. Seeing Leila in this state prompted Erias to belive that the events were recent, having unfolded only weeks before Erias arrived in Althea. This realization presented a golden opportunity—he could prevent Leila from joining the demonic cult and recruit her to his cause.

Determined, Erias made a silent vow to protect (get) Leila an SSR character, seizing the chance before him. "Leila, your family's fall is still fresh. The ones chasing you may be connected to that event. I won't let them harm you. Together, we can change the course of your fate."

Leila's skepticism lingered, but desperation compelled her to consider Erias's offer. She had screamed for help, but it seemed the mere sight of the tattoo on her assailants had driven others away in fear. Erias was the only one who had come to her aid, despite her lack of trust in him.

In her mind, Leila recalled the days leading up to her family's downfall. She had noticed mysterious figures lurking around the Veilburgh mansion, all bearing a small tattoo—a crescent moon and a goblet. Suspicion brewed within her—these individuals might be the very cause of her family's ruin. Now, they were relentlessly pursuing her down.

Their conversation was interrupted by the flickering light of a torch, piercing the darkness at the other end of the sewer. Erias and Leila locked eyes, a shared sense of trepidation passing between them.

"They've found us," Erias whispered, his voice tinged with determination. "We can't stay here any longer. We must run and seek another refuge."

Erias cant fight, he know it best himself, he is just a shut-in teen that suddenly found himself in this mess, hence he decided that running is the best course of action.

Leila, fueled by both fear and a glimmer of hope, nodded in agreement. She stood up prepared to run whenever Erias commanded, knowing that her survival now hinged on this mysterious stranger, Erias.

This chapter gave me a lot of headache. Idk what happened to chat gpt but when i tried to add dialog it always gives Erias an edgy or goody personality, its making me cringe, AI also makes Leila too trusting, I had pick specific part on each generation to get the result i wanted, I also edited a lot of stuff to add details to the story, if anyone has any suggestion, you can write it on the comments, thats all for now, bye~

0