Chapter 41 Unexpected Blow
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

TF Chapter 41 Unexpected Blow

"You shall learn true despair!" Celeste spoke, her voice alone sending chills down my spine. 

We were surrounding her in a triangular formation, but make no mistake! I was under no delusion that we were trapping her, instead, we were the ones who had to keep away from her.

As my spiritual powers roamed every nook and cranny of the surface of my skin, my eyes never left her for a split second. The reason was the fact that I could feel a rising sense of danger from her. She was a true predator, in comparison to us, who were simply, prey.

My spiritual senses mapped out the tremble of my skin as I stood there wandering how I was going to attack. At most, I would only leave knicks and gashes upon that armor, which under her control, would close in an instant.

'I don't have the speed and power to attack the same spot twice in succession before the gap mends itself.' The reason wasn't because of my skill, no, it was the physical specs of my current body holding me back.

And now, to the power that had severed my spirit when I had tried to scan the sword. For some unknown reason, it wasn't working on Celeste. Why was that? Could it be that I had to link my spiritual powers with those of the sword?

I contemplated the idea, yet, I didn't want to go through with it. What if I became possessed once again?

Power was great and all, except when you had almost zero control over it.

"Are you going to attack, or should I?" Celeste's question banished the thoughts from my mind, moving my right hand such that the sword was pointed skywards. I brought my left hand and added it to the hilt afterwards.

If my body couldn't unleash two consecutive strikes at one point instantly, I was going to try and apply more force.

With a move of both hands, I leaned the sword horizontally to the left, before breaking into a sprint towards Celeste. Even with my eyes mostly on her, I was taking in the entire space, even managing to witness my companions launching toward her through the corner of my eyes.

With a horizontal slash, my first attack was launched at the armored superhuman from the left. This time, I was putting in over 90% of my strength. I had the resolve to wound her this time.

Since I never once let my eyes off her, I was shocked when her figure became blurry, before vanishing from place, causing me to miss. I hurriedly halted myself mid swing, the muscles and nerves screaming at me. My spirit could even sense some parts of skin in my arms at their limits almost close to snapping!

Jumping back, something connected with my back...with the feeling akin to that of being hit by a truck, causing by body to be thrown forwards with such velocity, I didn't even have time to let out a scream before the grey walls welcomed me.

Crunch!

Something broke within me, but my mind had become so muddled that I lacked even have time to care. On the verge of almost losing consciousness, I could acutely feel the pain in my spine.

I was injured, and not just lightly, but very heavily. My limbs weren't responding, and through my blurry vision, I could see red, probably my eye balls hadn't entirely gotten away unscathed from the collision. 

I heard yells even as my ears rung. Footsteps too, getting louder, probably someone was approaching me in haste.

Was this the end? Was I about to die? Hehehehehe...so this was what I wanted to witness; the power of a superhuman, yet, right now I was on the verge of dying to it. What a turn of events!

I should have felt despair creeping in, but only a resigned peace remained, with my eyelids getting heavy, and the lack of a response from my nerve cells, I closed my eyes.

We had overestimated ourselves...or probably our tutor had gotten a bit too excited? Many explanations could be conjured, but the plain truth in this was that it had simply been an accident. That was what I tried to convince myself with even as my consciousness entered a slumber.

Was death going to be a sweet release for me? Was I going to die a virgin? Hahahahahahaha...to think that I of all people was going to die this way. I should have developed feelings of hate towards her, but I couldn't feel any. It was like I had made peace with it. It was strange...really!

I should have slept with a woman before dying...mmmm...Bora would have been a great woman...nononono...I can't have such thoughts, besides, I think she has some complicated history. Entangling with her might have dragged me down instead!

As my soul, or whatever it was floated within the darkness, many regrets flashed within, illuminating what a pathetic life I had been living.

By the way, where was I? I can feel something sticking to my skin. Am I in water? After a long time, I asked myself that question due to the strange sensation, so I tried opening my eyes. They failed to burge, but the feeling of life was enough for now.

The only sensory organ working right now was my skin, which was sending me the feeling of something warm and sticky cradling my body.

I had been saved...but then my mind moved onto another curious question, where was I?

0