Chapter 54 | Final Thoughts
621 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Good day you lovely peeps!
How goes the social distancing and isolation? Good I hope!
I am doing well enough as well, thank you very much!
New update - With no more classes and much more time on my hand, I will do my best to update a few times a week. This is the first, hopefully the next will be in a few days. Just got to fight the story fatigue setting in and frickin 2k19.

Hope you enjoy!

“Each army will split into two key parts. Each supporting the other. The first which is the majority of the two armies will work behind the blockades and trenches we will build…” Jonas say their confusion only increase, but he raised a hand to keep them from interrupting him. “Their main priority is to create a no man’s land. A stretch of ground where anything moving is obliterated without pause. The second parts of each army will act as guerrilla armies harrying and constantly peppering the Orcish army with arrows. Each of the guerrilla armies will work apart in shifts. The first during the day and the second during the night.”

Jonas pointed towards Ash. “Your Field Marshall will decide who will take which shift. But there has to be no time where the enemy gets rest. They have to live in abject fear and anxiety. Burn their tents, make them imagine they are going to be outnumbered, wake them from their sleep every day of their march. Make them regret having entered our land.”

As he watched their expressions, he found Fefar and the other bandits looking excited at the prospect of hurting the enemy. Joans almost found it endearing if it wasn’t just creepy.

“The two guerrilla armies will also take with them a unit of mages to cause as much damage as possible. Though their safety will be a priority since they will be some of the most important pieces we can deploy to create a no man’s land. But, once the enemy army does reach the defensive fortifications, your job would be to retreat behind the lines as additional support to the other two armies. You will prepare the transition of the main armies to the second and third levels of the trenches.”

Ash was lost in thought. But once Jonas stopped speaking she began to smile. “I see it. They would reach these trenches and fortifications you speak of, My Liege, utterly exhausted with only little rest if any at all.”

“Its perfect!” Fefar shouted. “We would hold superiority in any advantageous position regardless of their numbers. And if what I am imagining the no man’s land to be is correct, we should eliminate enormous numbers from this mass of an army!”

“Now you see, a part of the picture, but not the entire thing. You see, we will add small walls and razor wires in layers to slow their march to a slow, grueling trudge while we cover them with magic and arrows. And by the time they do reach our fortifications, we would be long gone and the trenches and bunkers collapsed. We would have set up already at another layer of trenches and defenses for them to work through.”

“We could use this ‘guerrilla’ war as they fight through, Your Highness.” Tedder interrupted. “If the bandits are to be believed.” He flashed them a questioning look. “Then the brutes must pass through the Oreg Hills. They would be forced to funnel themselves into our waiting hands.”

“Hills? Can’t they just climb up towards us with their endless numbers allowing them to go around any trenches we set up?” Jonas questioned. He wasn’t sure how the area looked, but the map was quickly being assembled by a crew of earth mages familiar to the area around the walled-village. They were putting great detail into each tiny detail.

Medulis laughed. “That's an easy fix, Master. I’ve been experimenting with wet earth for a long time. So it would be quite simple to create bogs and mud pits. A simple reconstitution of the water to dirt ratio in the lands around the hill and in front of the fortifications you want ready.”

“Then, we can set up archer divisions on the hills for the smaller halves of the army to return to after harrying the brutes.” Tedder was working hard on being an actual participant to any discussion after Joans assigned him a high position in his army. It had been unexpected and very unlikely after how badly Jonas had yelled and threatened him the first week of arriving into the walled city.

“But, they would also need an escape route...a tunnel!” Jonas snapped his finger in eureka. “Tunnels for each army on the hill and a few in each trench. They would never learn that the armies had disappeared until we were already fully prepared on the other side. Though we would have to make sure they can't dig the tunnels open.”

The entire group had begun to pool in different ideas which only made the previous image Jonas had in his mind all the more clearer. The blurry memory of an entire world war became much clearer. And with it were the sheer horror of what he could achieve in an offensive front.

The only thing he could fully keep his mind on as the rest of the group kept sharing ideas was the one thing that brought the world into modern warfare or what it had become.

Germany. The country that almost brought the entire world to its knees by its lonesome.

And with it, its greatest tactic. The Blitzkrieg.

4