Volume 02 | Chapter 012: Delinquent vs. fake hero
20 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

‘Knock knock.’

“Ah, it's you, Mr. Nakano.” The little furry-eared boy sighed with relief at the sight of the familiar figure in the doorway. “Don't make too much noise, they are sleeping.”

The little boy, Nui, was between two beds, and above these beds were the bodies of Amelia and Frederika, both sleeping peacefully. Their closed-eyed faces gave a peaceful impression.

“Thank you for all the work you have done.”

“Roof! No need to thank me.”

“Yes, I do. I don't know what would happen to them if we didn't have you. Kawaii tells me that you are one of the most skilled doctors in Eragon.”

“That makes me embarrassed. Roof! Anyway, I'm going to sleep. Here you go. When you leave the room, lock the door.”

“Y-yes…”

From the heavy dark circles under his eyes, it was noticeable how much the half-human needed a good sleep. He had worked hard for strangers.

It was the morning of Kurone's third day in Eragon. Rory went to sleep peacefully after the abnormal encounter with one of the overseers. After that, there was nothing unusual during the night.

By Japan's time, it was approximately 7:00 a.m, but since he had no watch, he could not say for sure. It was just his intuition based on the position of the sun.

After handing over the key, Nui left the room, leaving only the young man and two girls alone. Of course, Kurone was not some kind of pervert who would take advantage of sleeping girls, but he found the situation uncomfortable. By the way, he was the mortal enemy of the creeps who abused sleeping or comatose girls.

“Have you been fighting while I was asleep?” Amelia joked, pointing to the young man's bandages.

The girl who should have been asleep sat up in bed and looked at the young man. It was obvious that she was struggling to stay there. She had to sleep in order to recover, but when the boy made the slightest mention of scolding her…

“Thank you.” 

“Huh?”

“When I regained consciousness, the little doctor told me everything that was happening in detail… actually, he didn't know that I was conscious.”

Amelia's voice was weak. The girl tried to force a smile, but her heavy body would not allow it. Anyway, it was a relief to see that she was recovering. If she continued like this, the coachwoman would be able to participate in the festival.

“She must be very grateful too.” The girl made ready for her roommate, Frederika.

The little girl was sleeping peacefully. Frederika's ‘curse’ extended to her clothes, so no one was able to wipe the blood from the rags she was wearing.

Anyway, it was nothing to worry about. The young man's heart warmed. The worst was over, and his two companions were fine.

Speaking of the heart, Kurone's heart had been beating abnormally for the past few days. It was racing when the young man thought about the possibility of losing one of his companions, and a sharp pain coursed through his entire being. It usually happened when the young man thought of Dora. Where was she? The boy asked himself constantly, but due to the latest events, he had forgotten about her.

“… Kurone…”

“Sorry, I got distracted. It's a bad habit of mine. Go ahead.”

“My body hurts… when we get back to Andeavor, I will teach you how to drive a carriage the right way.”

The young man blinked a few times to process what had been said. Orcus also complained about the rocking and the bad driving, but the boy shrugged. However, that criticism coming from Amelia made him embarrassed. He was sure that he was driving well and would show off later to the stables, but his plans were destroyed. He definitely needed to improve!

“His face is red… has he finally realized that he is alone with a fragile girl in a dark room?”

- N-it's not like that! Stop talking with that suggestive voice!

“... Or can't you hold on?”

“You weren't like that! Brain is being a bad influence on you!”

“Pfff!”

The duo smiled. They smiled, forgetting their problems. This was a genuine smile from Amelia, even if it didn't have the same intensity as before, due to the weakness. It was unbelievable. For someone who said ‘this is just a passing world. I won't get attached to anyone!’, Kurone had developed the same feelings for Amelia as he had for his psychologist, Miss Kanade.

That quiet moment could last forever — or until Frederika woke up — but a violent knock interrupted the lovebirds' dialogue…

“YOU!!!”

Someone broke down the door and entered the room, frightening the youngsters and awakening Frederika in a rude way. This someone, owner of a familiar irritating voice, was none other than Rhyan Gotjail, the narcissistic hero.

“Damn it! What's on your mind, barging into the room like that? Are you looking to get punched again?!” shouted Kurone.

“You bastard! I knew that freak was giving off a stench too strong for one person.”

“What are you talking about?”

“Everyone who came with you is a demon, aren't they? Why is someone who claims to be a Saint walking around with demons?”

There was bitterness, hatred and sadness in Rhyan's cries. It was a side that he had not shown until now, and honestly, Kurone wished he didn't have to fight again.

Why are you ignoring ME?! Am I a joke to you? How can someone, a human, go around flirting with demons? And you call yourself a saint?!”

“I don't want to fight again… you better get out of here…”

“Would you rather spend your time with your demon whores? That little white-haired girl is your main whore, isn't she? You're all perverts! Damn you! And so are you! Are you such a loser that you couldn't get a human, and you enslaved demons?! Or are you the slave? It doesn't matter! I'll kill them all now! Huh? Aren't you going to say anything...?”

“Apologize…”

“What?”

“Apologize now. You don't know them to talk like that. I won't let you talk that way about any of them… No! I won't let you belittle someone just for being of another race! That's why the half-breeds I've found are homeless now, because of people who think like you do! You take that back, or I'll kill you!”

Kurone stated with conviction, clenching his fists, and Rhyan frowned. Even a fool like him could sense the hostility coming from the young man in the white cloak. He had done something unforgivable, and perhaps not even a ‘forgive me’ would calm the white-robed boy's fury.

“Apologize? Don't make me laugh! If you don't back down, I will kill and torture you just like I do these freaks!” Rhyan shouted, pointing at Frederika. The frightened little girl hid behind Kurone.

Where was the humanity in the arrogant redhead? He threatened to kill a child without hesitation. In fact, Rhyan even shot Frederika. The world didn't need a ‘hero’ like that. Kurone had seen more noble criminals than that false hero.

“Frederika, hide behind the bed. Amelia, do the same.”

The girls said nothing, just obeyed. The young man's voice was firm. Amelia remembered the event at the trial when she heard that voice.

Although Kurone Nakano was a calm young man, sometimes he lost control to uncontrollable rage. It was like this in the fight against the orcs, when he fired wildly at the horde approaching Rory, and also in the cathedral, when he mercilessly shot the demon pretending to be the princess. Amelia had been asleep, so she also lost her fit of rage when Frederika was shot by Rhyan. When he lost control, no one else would hold him back, like in Japan when he almost killed the pervert doctor.

The boy struck an iconic pose of boxers. Despite being someone above average, Kurone still bordered on rank F. As much as Rhyan had that personality, he could not let his guard down.

“This is his last warning: apologize!”

“You really despise me, ‘Demon’s Saint’. I won't apologize to freaks. When I'm done with you, I'll torture every one of them!”

The last chance was given, and the arrogant young man threw it away. Kurone would show no mercy, so he activated the Holy Eye silently…

‘Fuck!’ The boy screamed internally. The flow of mana in the false hero's body was abnormal. It was not for nothing, after all he was a reincarnated. Still, that was not enough reason to make him back down.

Even in the face of the neighborhood delinquents, a horde of orcs, the Black Beast, and the immortal nobleman, he didn't back down. Kurone Nakano would not retreat from the battlefield as long as there were precious people to be protected.

That was why he became a delinquent in the elementary school. The blood, sweat and tears he shed to enhance his body were not in vain. With [Physical Enhancement] and, as a last resort, the mana-wrapped punch, the young man had a real chance of defeating the real freak in that room: Rhyan Gotjail.

“Come on, Demon’s Saint!”

“Ahhhhhh!”

The first punch landed was to the nose. It was the number one rule of street fighters: make the enemy bleed to intimidate him. The blow was too slow, but that was the right arm, Rhyan was not aware that Kurone was left-handed and that he would attack him with a punch to the stomach, using his right arm as bait.

“Blergh!” The false hero's feet left the ground for a second and, staggering, his body leaned back against the wall near the window. The taste of gastric juice rose, but he barely had to swallow! Kurone's right arm came up against his face.

The body staggered again. Before he could pull himself together, a kick hit his ribs, making a sick, audible ‘crack’.

Kurone was ruthless. There was no technique in his blows, only brute force. He was definitely a street fighter, some delinquent beating up an opponent.

Rhyan narrowly dodged another punch, but did not notice the foot coming towards his stomach. The young man used a blind spot to throw the fake hero…

0