Violet and Rich 1.24
2.4k 14 116
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My plan was simple as all plans usually were.

I will approach the protagonist before he approaches me.

Why will they approach me, you ask?

Maybe it is the will of the world or the fate of transmigrators, but from the experiences of my transmigrator predecessors, it is impossible to escape the plot and the protagonist.

Even if you try to become a transparent little mob, the plot still finds a way to involve you. Generations of transmigrations have been dragged into the plot even if they try their hardest to become a mob...

Maybe the way of the mob is destined to be just a dream~

Of course, this is not baseless. For example, even if I didn't talk to Xiao Tian, the reincarnator stumbled into the library. Then, I stumbled upon Xiao Tian on my very first mission.

Coincidence?

I think not!

So my plan was as simple as they come, approach the protagonist and control the distance in the relationship. The ultimate goal is to become just an ordinary friend, not too close but not too far.

Being too close to the protagonist, the calamity magnet may lead to death for the character development of the protagonist. Being too alienated may even lead to being their enemies.

Of course, this doesn't have anything to do with the 'Treasure halo' exuded by the protagonist.

Absolutely not...

So, I got to work.

...

Separating from the protagonist, I think the plan was a success.

At least on the surface, Xiao Tian agreed to be my friend.

The process was quite smooth...except for the occasional silence of Xiao Tian. He does realize that while he is having an internal conversation with his grandpa, on the outside he appears as a guy with a communication disorder, suddenly stopping midsentence or blurting out things out of context, right?

Of course, the main reason I had success so easily is sincerity, I truly wanted to be friends with the protagonist. Not counting the 'Treasure Halo' exuded by the protagonist, it was always good to have one more ally than an enemy in such a dangerous world.

Anyway, Now I need to somehow sell the corpses of Red Python.

...

"Your place is as empty as usual." I stepped aside letting Qin Yue enter.

"Well nice to see you too."

I sat on my bed as Qin Yue sat on the chair while giving me a look over before nodding about something.

"So how may I help you, Bai Yu?" Qin Yue lifted one of her legs over the other while gently holding her hands together over her lap.

"I wanted to go to Blue Flame city to sell the monster corpses I had hunted in my mission. I thought a local would help me?" Qin Yue smirked hearing my request.

"In this matter, I do have some qualifications." Qin Yue said with a grin.

"As expected of one of the young masters of the Qin Clan. Shall we go now?" I said while looking at Qin Yue.

"Sure. I am free now?" Qin Yue said tilting her head.

"Oh, I forgot to mention it before. I also need to buy a pair of clothes." The moment I said this, I could visually see the increasing brightness of Qin Yue's eyes.

Oops...Should I not have said that?

"What's taking you so long? Let's go shopping." Qin Yue jumped off the chair and pulled my arms a little too eager to go out now.

...

The roads of Blue Flame City were bustling as usual. Last time, I was too occupied to enjoy the city or even sightseeing. Looking at the crowded streets, and vendors, reminded me a bit of the past...

I looked in front as the pink ponytail of the girl swung slightly as she walked in front of me.

"Did you grow an inch or two, Bai Yu? I feel like you have grown taller." Qin Yue mentioned offhandedly, as she used her hand to compare our heights.

I didn't notice this.

"I am not sure but I think so as well." I feel like I have indeed grown taller. It is probably due to the changes caused by [The Crystal Lotus].

Well, I didn't hate my current height, to be honest.

It was interesting, and to see everything from my current height, makes me feel young again.

I shook my head trying not to think about silly things.

"So, what do you think about the sect so far, Qin Yue?"

Qin Yue narrowed her eyes and said after thinking a bit, "Well, it is fun. People are quite competitive here, it makes you want to improve too."

"Hmm. That's true." I nodded, the sect was indeed competitive. Especially, in the first courtyard, the seating of the disciples equates to the resources they obtain. Of course, new disciples are not required to fight for now due to the protection period for newcomers.

"How about you, Bai Yu? Was the sect as you expected?" Qin Yue asked.

I rubbed my chin at Qin Yue's question. It was surprisingly smooth. Mofu Mofu...I caught Qin Yue looking at me weirdly again.

"Well.." Umm...

"It was as I thought it was."

Qin Yue stared at me.

"I'm glad I chose to come. After all, I met you guys there." I said while smiling brightly as Qin Yue stiffened a little and on the whole way there Qin Yue only looked straight forward.

"We have reached the place." Qin Yue's voice was a bit high-pitched as I looked at the store we have arrived in. It was quite big.

We walked in with a chime of the door and were greeted by an old man.

"Oh! If it isn't the young miss of the Qin Clan. What do you want me to do?" The old man said after seeing Qin Yue.

"We are here to sell some monster corpses." Qin Yue said to the Old man familiarly.

"Okay. Please follow me." The old man led us to an inner courtyard to take out the monsters.

"You can take out the monster corpses here." The old man motioned us to take out the monster.

I injected Qi into my bag of holding and out came a huge number of snakes.

*Thud*

"Well, that's quite a lot. Hmm...Red pythons Huh? Wait a minute, I will calculate the total price of the pythons." After saying that in a raspy voice, the old man started to observe each red python.

Qin Yue also elbowed me as I faced her, "Wasn't your mission just to collect poisonous lilies? What is up with the huge number of Red pythons? I had warned you a lot to be careful but you still..."

Qin Yue was giving me a stink eye, in response all I could say was, "Tehe!"

"You!" Qin Yue sighed slowly.

At the same time, the old man also said after finishing his inspection, "There are a total of thirty red pythons. Most of them are in the second and third stages of Qi Condensation. There is also one fifth and sixth-stage red python. For the fifth stage Red Python, I will give you about hundred spirit stones. The mature red python you have brought seems to have entered the rare berserk state which will increase its value. I will price it at about two hundred and fifty spirit stones. And combining with all the other red pythons you have brought, I can give in total about 666 spirit stones."

...

..

.

"Did I somehow hit it big already?"

-*-*-*-*-*-

Character Illustrations are out on Kofi. So, check it out~

116