Violet and Clothes 1.25
2.4k 8 116
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Please come again." The old store owner said as Qin Yue and I walked out of the store.

Qin Yue was the one who negotiated with the old man as she seemed familiar with him. So, I walked out with a hefty pouch containing all 666 spirit stones.

I feel like I am somehow destined with this number with the number of times I have encountered it. 666 does have some symbolic interpretation. In Christianity, it refers to the number of the beast but in Chinese culture, it refers to being extremely lucky. It's a sign of good luck.

While my mind swirled with various conspiracy theories, Qin Yue caught my arms, "So, Bai Yu who disregarded his safety, can you explain the huge number of red pythons?"

"They jumped at me first, I was just defending," I said not explaining the part about how I was the one who invaded their drinking spot.

"Right?" Qin Yue said in a disbelieving tone.

It's the truth. I'm innocent, I swear. I blinked my eyes innocently too.

"Haa...The next time, Please be more careful, Bai Yu." Qin Yue continued in a severe tone after seeing me act innocent.

"Okay." I also replied seriously. While Qin Yue is a little overbearing and arrogant, she still cared about my safety so I don't hate her.

"Well, since you seem to understand. Let's go shopping shall we?" Qin Yue said smiling brightly.

...

We walked into what seemed to be a high-end store. I gave a glance at the tall ceiling seeing expensive-looking blue jades hanging from there. They were shining with bluish-white light making the hall seem bluer too.

I'm blue dapa di...nope

Let's not go there...

I looked at one of the clothes that seemed to be on display. It was an outfit consisting of a long black coat with golden trimmings, and two golden tassels attached to each shoulder.

I looked at the price tag [5000 spirit stones].

Okay, everything is fricking expensive!

Should I go home to save some more money after all...

Qin Yue must have seen my expression as she patted me on the shoulder.

"Don't worry. Clothes are way cheaper on the floor above." Qin Yue didn't seem worried about the price so I decided to worry about the cost later.

So, she led me to the first floor which was not covered everywhere by expensive-looking jades.

The lady on the counter glanced at us but she didn't pay much attention to us as I looked around the floor.

The clothes on this floor ranged from 20 spirit stones to 1000 spirit stones.

Although still expensive, after looking at the price of the clothes down below they looked much more acceptable.

"So, what are you looking for exactly? Something casual, cool, special, formal, smart, combat-related?" Qin Yue put her right hand on her hip while smiling at me.

What language is this woman speaking...

"Casual is fine."

Qin Yue looked at me up and down for a moment, "Just sit down there for a second, okay?"

I nodded at the girl before sitting down on a black chair near the shoe area.

I looked left and right seeing several other customers looking at the clothes. Unlike the floor below where there were few customers, this floor was quite occupied. Occasionally, I could spot some people secretly giving me glances.

Feeling bored, I started to practice controlling my Qi.

I felt my Qi and tried moving it toward my hand. Soon, the tip of my fingers was coated with Qi. This was quite easy.

So, I tried to control the amount of Qi so that only the bare minimum coats my hands. Soon, a thin layer appeared of Qi appeared in my hand. Should I try to form a spiral in my hand?

Looking at the people and expensive clothes surrounding me, I gave up the plan.

Let's try it later~

At the same time, I see the pink-haired girl coming back with a bundle of clothes. "Here this is the first set."

"Change in this room. I will be waiting." Qin Yue led me to the changing room. The formation in the room prevents any spiritual perception from peeping.

I stepped inside the changing room closing the curtain behind my back.

Let's see what Qin Yue has found.

...

..

Opening the curtain, I stepped out seeing the hint of approval on her face.

"As expected. It suits you a lot." Qin Yue says, her gaze entranced by my new look.

I turned towards the mirror.

I saw a beautiful boy with black hair and violet eyes...as usual. The clothes Qin Yue picked were mostly black. Black pants with a black robe.

I gave a feeling of neutrality, now, maybe people will stop addressing me as a girl. But, based on my track record, I don't have much confidence in that regard.

"Just need this...and done." Qin Yue put something around my neck. I lifted it seeing some kind of X-shaped violet jade that matched the color of my eye.

"Mmm...not bad." I tilted my head seeing the young woman nodding to herself.

"Okay, and next is this." Qin Yue suddenly pulled out another bundle of clothes from somewhere.

"Wha..." I yelped as Qin Yue pushed me back inside the changing room while pulling the curtain to hide me.

...

Was this a mistake? This was my final parting thought as I was once again inside the white room.

...

..

.

-*-*-*-*-*-

Finally...

I shuddered to see the mirror near the lady at the counter while I was waiting to pay for the big lump of clothes I was carrying along with Qin Yue beside me.

"That would be 200 spirit stones." I blinked hearing how much.

...Well I kinda expected that. The clothes I bought were made from good quality spiritual silk providing some defense against attacks. At least now, I can survive some hits from enemies.

"Excuse me! I have a membership card here." Qin Yue suddenly came to my rescue with a black card.

I glanced at Qin Yue but she just mouthed to not worry.

Am I being taken care of by a rich woman?

Well, before I can think of the answers, the clerk suddenly said in a much more respectful tone, "Yes. This is the Vip membership card of the store. You can get about 15% discount on all the clothes in this store."

15% of 200 means... 170 spirit stones.

I patted my bag of holding as the 170 spirit stones appeared out of thin air.

"Yes, the payment is done. Please come visit us again." The clerk bowed as I put the clothes in my bag of holding.

Walking down the stairs with Qin Yue I said, "Thanks, Qin Yue."

Qin Yue then suddenly smiled handsomely and then said, "There is no need for thanks for such little spare change."

One day, I also want to handsomely be able to refer to 30 spirit stones as spare change...

When we reached the first floor with the glittering jades, suddenly a middle-aged woman stopped us. She seemed wealthy as she wore quite a bit of jewelry and gave an air of a rich woman.

"Excuse me. Are you free right now?" The middle-aged woman suddenly asked pointing at me.

I glanced at Qin Yue who seemed to be interested in the woman as she nodded at me.

"Umm...Yes. What happened?" I said looking at the woman in front of me who was wearing a lot of jewelry.

"Excellent! Do you want to earn fast money?" I was hooked.

116