Violet and Luck 1.27
2.4k 6 129
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Premonitions aren't that uncommon among cultivators. Cultivators inhale the spiritual energy between heaven and earth, so they are attuned to the world. So, the cultivator will sometimes have vague premonitions if their life is in danger or if their fate is entangled with something.

But such premonitions only occur for those with extremely high cultivation. I had such premonition two times even though my cultivation base is extremely weak. The first time, it was an extremely vague feeling before my first mission. At that time, I did not brush the feeling completely but I also did not fully believe in them resulting in the collision with the protagonist.

But I, Bai Yu learn from my mistakes.

To capture this extremely vague feeling, this time I opened [Insight], further sharpening my senses and connection with heaven and earth, so I could vaguely feel the source of this feeling emanated from the Myriad Spirit Garden.

So, this became our next destination.

-*-*-*-*-*-

Gambling on spirit ores is also a classic in a xianxia world. Usually, the protagonist can obtain some kind of ancient broken sword disregarded by others as worthless while it's op or some sort of divine beast with an appearance that doesn't match its status.

Gambling on spirit ores is usually an event to demonstrate the protagonist's luck.

So, Qin Yue and I were walking towards the Myriad Spirit Garden. Myriad spirit garden was opened by the Merchant association, they collected spirit ores from different places and sold them for a hefty sum of money.

Soon, we arrived at the Myriad Spirit Garden. Looking at the numerous shops and people who were present, calling it a market would be more appropriate.

"Let's go!" I said to Qin Yue enthusiastically as I pulled her inside the spirit garden.

"Okay. Don't hurry so much." Qin Yue said trying to calm me down.

"Which store should we go to?" Qin Yue asked looking at the several stores and seeing spirit ores. Some stores were crowded while some were not, since they were all selling spirit ores, it was a bit hard to decide which store to go to.

"Hmm. Okay, follow me." I led her to a store called [Spirit Workshop.]

This store was quite crowded with many people observing others' open Spirit ores. Occasionally, some happy and sad voices would resound through the crowd.

"This place is quite crowded, huh?" I said to Qin Yue.

"Well, those who fail to obtain anything good would join the crowd to watch others fail, I guess it provides them some spiritual comfort. Similarly, if something good pops out from the spirit ores, then people in the crowd can also purchase it so there is always a crowd near the store." Qin Yue said dismissively, leading me inside the store.

That sounds about right. Such schadenfreude behavior doesn't seem to change even in this world, I suppose.

Anyway, disregarding the crowd, we entered the store and Qin Yue showed some kind of jade to the shopkeeper as he hurriedly put on a respectful look.

"It's an honor for our store for the young miss of the Qin Clan to visit our store. Do you want to open some spirit ores with your friend?" The shopkeeper respectfully asked Qin Yue.

As expected of a young master character...

"My friend wants to open some spirit ores. Would you lead us to the spirit ores?" Qin Yue said pointing at me.

"Of course. A fresh batch of spirit ores has just arrived this morning. Please follow me." The shopkeeper led us to the spirit ores.

There were dozens of shelves filled with many different kinds of spirit ore.

Some looked like plain rocks while some were shaped like a tripod, rhino, and such. Basically, the spirit ores were of different shapes and sizes.

The spirit ores were also priced differently. The shopkeeper on the way explained that the spirit ores were of different quality, some might be priced at ten spirit stones while others may be tens of thousands. If the customers felt that the price was acceptable, they would buy the spirit ore and cut it open themselves or ask the shop to cut it for them.

As we walked to the front of the store, the crowd also started to get rowdy.

"It seems those pretty ladies are going to try their luck next."

"Well, they seem wealthy even if they lose, I don't think it will matter that much."

"Yeah, the previous guy spent all his life savings and lost everything, it was quite pitiful to watch him be honest."

Qin Yue seemed to also hear those voices as she said to me, "Well, be careful, Bai Yu. Don't be too fixated on gambling."

"I know," I said to Qin Yue.

I wasn't particularly worried about it. After all, it's only called gambling if you have the possibility to lose, but while I don't have the heavenly luck of the protagonist, I have my own cheat.

[Insight]

I activated insight and glanced at the spirit ores. Among the several spirit ores, I could see a white aura from some of them. This was the new ability, I had acquired. It could help me judge the spirituality of materials. Basically, any good stuff in this world has spirituality and I could see it and even determine its intensity.

While I could not see what is inside the spirit ores, I could see the aura contained in the things inside those ores.

"Please pick one of the Spirit ores." the shopkeeper said.

My plan was simple as all plans usually were. Pick an aura-filled spirit ore that is quite cheap and give it to the shopkeeper to open it.

What I desire is the ore-cutting technique rather than the ore itself. With my ability, it is guaranteed that I will be able to obtain some amazing things and if I repeatedly had amazing luck, it may attract the attention of some unsavory group of people.

After all, just as one great man said, Humanity's greed is endless~

I glanced at the spirit ores and picked one of them. The spirit ore was quite plain but its aura intensity was quite high. It was priced at 75 spirit stone which I could easily afford.

"I pick this one. Can you cut it for me?" I paid the spirit stones to the shopkeeper as he nodded.

The shopkeeper took out his ore-cutting knife and he gradually peeled the external layers of the spirit ores. With insight, I concentrated on the shopkeeper ore cutting technique to learn it.

The ore-cutting technique was quite straightforward, one need's to have extremely good control of the knife and attention to the slightest change in the ore, or else the thing inside might be damaged.

Anyway, with insight, it seems I do not need to worry about ore cutting at least...

The shopkeeper also finished peeling the outer skin as a crystal clear green been sized object appeared from the core.

"Spirit Crystals! Spirit Crystals were actually obtained from the spirit ores."

"I heard that a single spirit crystal is worth around 1000 spirit stones!"

"I'm so jealous."

The shopkeeper also handed me the spirit crystal and congratulated me, "Congratulations! You have obtained spirit crystals. The price is estimated to be around 800-1200 spirit stones."

...

..

.

"I think I found an infinite money glitch. Please No Nerf."

129