Violet and Reflex 1.32
2.6k 5 114
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Bai Yu deflected the sword coming towards him as he launched his own sword technique but was quickly blocked.

"Not so easily," Qin Liuli said as she blocked his attack.

Liuli and Qin Yue then joined together as they both attacked. Together their strength skyrocketed. The enhancement was not as simple as 1+1, both Qin Yue and Liuli attacked with perfect synchronization. Having developed an innate connection with their cultivation technique, the Qin sisters may as well be able to read each other's minds.

Bai Yu had to use his petal tribulation to distract them for a moment between their relentless attacks, as he moved to attack them once again.

Liuli was in charge of offense with her superior sword skills, while Qin Yue was in charge of defense, covering any flaw in their defense.

They complemented each other as a perfect offense and defense, as Qin Yue could defend against his long-ranged petal attacks while Liuli could defend against the close-range attacks, Qin Yue could attack from long range using her ice shards, and Liuli could attack at close range with her sword.

The battle went on like this for a while, both parties unrelenting.

...

Qin Liuli grunted as she swung her sword.

She was kind of irked.

She had known that Bai Yu was a 'genius'. He was a novice in the way of swords in the beginning, not even knowing how to properly wield a sword but soon, he started to learn at an exaggerated pace. Soaking everything like a sponge, he quickly rivaled her in skill.

He rivaled 'Her' who had learned how to use swords from childhood in just two months but she could still rationalize it, saying that he had powerful comprehension. After all, while Bai Yu was learning at a rapid pace, he still always lost against them with his lack of combat experience and their cooperation.

Sometimes, Qin Liuli felt that time moved at a different pace in his world. His eyes seemed to always see through each of their techniques, but his body was the one dragging him back not being able to reach his full potential.

But He had changed.

It was a subtle change, yet that made all the difference.

Only days before she and her sister would lay waste to the boy with their superior strength, overwhelming skill, and cooperation.

But recently things had been different.

She remembered how a few days after his closed-door seclusion, he had been different. He suddenly became more confident and seemed to have finally grasped something.

Bai Yu's worst issue against them was that his body always seemed to fall a step short. While he could see the minute details of each of their moment, his reflexes weren't fast enough to act on them.

Qin Yue and Liuli had better cultivation than him, and their base stat always outclassed him. Being showered with various heaven and earth material from childhood as the heir of the Qin Clan, the Qin sister's base foundation was way stronger than any other normal disciple. So, Bai Yu could never physically keep up with them.

But that's what's different.

The moment, both Sisters launched their attack with extreme speed, he had already dodged.

Stab.

Dodge.

Stab.

Dodge.

Slash.

Dodge.

Slash

Dodge.

As if he could see into the future, he dodge their attacks freely.

Unlike the standard dodging techniques, Bai Yu was precise, way too precise. With freedom unique to his 'Genius', he seemed to ride the waves created by their attack.

Impossible to touch.

The conclusion was clear.

Tens of petals rotated and attacked them from different angles, Qin Yue was able to shield them but the slightest gap they showed became their downcoming.

[Slash]

Bai Yu attacked the slightest crumble on their defense with his Silversword.

The wave of sword Qi finally ended the battle as the burst of smoke revealed the fallen Qin sisters.

It was over.

Bai Yu plopped down on the ground, tired and sluggish but a glimpse of happiness was evident on his face.

"Finally, I won." Bai Yu exclaimed as he cleared the sticky hair from his face.

The two months were hard, very hard for him. The days of being a punching bag were no more. He almost shed a tear upon the thought.

Just as Bai Yu was celebrating his first victory, Qin liuli asked frustration lacing her voice, "How did you suddenly improve so much?"

"Yes. How?" Qin Yue also asked, her usual teasing expression switching to a frustrated one.

"Cultivation Technique. I just changed my cultivation technique." Bai Yu answered not bothering to hide it as it will soon be revealed anyways.

"So your closed-door retreat this time was so that you can switch your cultivation technique?" Qin Yue asked curiously.

"Yup." Bai Yu answered popping the 'p'.

Just as he had expected choosing the "Lightning Splitting Technique" was the correct decision.

In anime and novels, characters with talent in visual prowess always suffered due to the limitations of their body. So, being the person with the same visual prowess talent, Bai Yu didn't want to make the same mistake so he chose a lightning element cultivation technique.

All the motor responses of the human body are caused by electrical or nerve impulses in the brain. Depending on how fast the nerve impulse is transmitted, the reaction speed changes.

The Qi cultivated with the "Lightning Splitting Technique" contained some properties of lightning, and while the amount was quite small, the nerves of Bai Yu were always stimulated.

The tingly feeling he felt was due to stimulation on his nerves throughout the body. Of course, cultivating like this would be painful, but that was only if one was poor.

Bai Yu purchased a pill that reduced the sensation of pain. That might seem cowardly compared to the usual Xianxia protagonist, but Bai Yu was not a masochist.

Of course, he also wanted to train his pain resistance at first, but it hurt like hell. How the hell do all Xianxia protagonists have Godly Pain Resistance, Bai Yu could not help but wonder when practicing his new cultivation technique.

So, instead of going full throttle into the pain-inducing Technique, Bai Yu purchased a pill that dulled his sense of pain, not completely removing the pain but dulling it. In this way, Bai Yu can slowly raise his pain resistance in a somewhat healthy way.

So, with this technique, Bai Yu could not only train his pain resistance, he could finally fully capitalize on his unique talent, [Insight], and be able to react to the minute details observed with it.

"Aren't you a bit too perverted to improve this much by just changing your technique?" Qin Yue could only sigh at the current situation.

"Well, I was lucky." Bai Yu just smiled but before he could continue, he was then interrupted by a sudden burst of applause.

...

..

.

"A Wonderful Spar."

-*-*-*-*-*-

Advanced Chapters on Kofi~

114