Violet and Task 1.33
2.5k 8 108
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"A wonderful spar." A good-looking youth approached Bai Yu and Qin sisters while clapping.

It was a disciple of the [First Courtyard], Chen Qing.

"Thanks for your praise. Can I help you, brother Qing?" Bai Yu asked with a smile, not minding the intrusion.

Chen Qing smiled upon seeing that Bai Yu recognized him. Of course not knowing that Bai Yu had a photographic memory, Chen Qing felt quite good about himself.

Chen Qing then asked in an apologetic tone. "Sorry for my rudeness. I wanted to ask for some pointers on Exploratory Pursuit Technique taught by elder Liu from disciple Bai Yu."

Qin Yue and Liuli glanced at each other at the same time, understanding what was happening right now. Recently the number of people approaching Bai Yu in name of learning has skyrocketed, especially since Bai Yu didn't reject teaching anyone.

For example, The exploratory pursuit technique is one of the most basic escape techniques. Since Chen Qing was of the [First Courtyard], he must either have good talent or some backing meaning that he would not covet such basic techniques. So, either he is a really hardworking disciple who wants to master this technique or he is approaching Bai Yu for some other reason...

Of course, Bai Yu was oblivious to all this, as far as he is concerned both of them are boys, so nothing will happen...right?

So, Bai Yu continued with his signature smile and said, "Since we are fellow disciples, it is our duty to help each other. Brother can tell me his problems."

"Some places that the elder explained were not quite unclear, so.." Chen Qing spoke in a hesitant tone.

Of course, since Chen Qing is here to ask about the exercise, he obviously has made some preparations so he asked some questions regarding the practice.

Bai Yu understood this technique very well, so he spent some time pointing to Chen Qing. As far as Bai Yu is concerned, when teaching others he could consolidate his own knowledge as well as learn some innovative ways to use the technique.

With his habit of making notes of every technique, Bai Yu swiftly helped Chen Qing solve his problem in a very easy-to-understand way. In the end, even Chen Qing felt his comprehension of the technique increased a lot. He could only sigh, saying this is a genius.

"Thank you, Disciple Bai Yu." Chen Qing said sincerely, even if learning was not his main purpose, he still felt that he learned a lot.

"It's not worth mentioning. Brother Qing already had a solid grasp of the technique before." Bai Yu shook his head and said with a smile.

"I have still gained a lot, I feel that I have free-loaded of disciple Bai Yu. Since the protection period of newcomers is coming to end, disciple Bai Yu can ask for my help when needed, I have some connections with the tenth seat of our courtyard. I will not hesitate to help you." Chen Qing subtly bragged about his connections and promised to help Bai Yu.

"Then, thank brother in advance." Bai Yu did not reject the offer and said with a polite smile. A free get-out-of-problem card delivered right to his doorstep, why will he reject it?

"It's what I should do." With his ego satisfied, Chen Qing returned.

At the same time, Bai Yu also had a thought.

...

..

.

It's time to take that mission.

-*-*-*-*-*-

"You are going to take another task?" Qin Yue asked.

Currently, they were having lunch in the dining hall of the outer sect. The dining hall was quite large with several round individual tables. Bai Yu and the Qin sisters were sitting on one of separate tables.

"Yeah. I have already consolidated my cultivation. So, I want to take a mission and relax outside for a while."

Bai Yu had already consolidated his cultivation after changing his cultivation technique. He even managed to increase his cultivation to the great circle of the fourth stage of Qi condensation and also improve his sword technique to the great accomplishment level. So, he was ready to take on a new task.

"Is that so? Then be careful." Qin Yue and Liuli didn't stop him. Moreover, the way Bai Yu said it made it seem like he would take an easy mission and go out to relax for a while.

Clearing mood is an important part of cultivation. If the spirit is clouded then one may suffer Qi deviation. So, relaxing is also an integral part of cultivation.

Of course, They also wanted to accompany him but they have now reached a critical moment in their cultivation.

"I will."

Bai Yu answered while drinking his tea. Bai Yu felt like, he seemed to get addicted to drinking tea. Wonder whose fault that is...

-*-*-*-*-*-

Walking into the Mission hall, I first scanned the hall. Not finding both the reincarnator and waste wood flow protagonist I sighed in relief. Although I know that both of them have taken separate missions and will be far away for a while, I still don't want to meet them.

I don't want to suddenly end up in the same situation as my first mission.

*Shudder*

So, I regularly keep tabs on them. It was not hard to keep tabs on them with each of their Halos that constantly drag them into trouble.

Sighing in relief, I walked towards Area C. The mission I want to take this time is quite a special one. I searched for a while before finding it.

[A small group of demon monkeys appeared in the forest near little root town not long ago. The strongest of the monkey is already close to the fifth stage of Qi condensation. They have stolen the spirit peaches, robbed spirit fruits, and besieged and wounded the spirit farmers. They have caused a lot of trouble for local cultivating families, so disciple is needed to get rid of them.

Rewards: 1000 merit points, a pound of ten-year-old spiritual peach.

Note: Only disciples in and above the fourth stage of Qi condensation are allowed to take the mission.]

This mission was quite special in the game. If this mission was completed quickly after being issued then the mission was no different than ordinary. But if the mission was left and not completed then it would lead to a special event in the game.

If the mission is not completed after a long period of time, then among the demon monkey, a [Monkey king] will be born. Possessing the strength of a foundation-building cultivator, it will wreak havoc in the nearby town and unite other demon monkeys, and eventually lead them to fight against all cultivators.

Of course, the main reason that this mission will go uncompleted for a long period of time is its lacking reward. While spiritual peach is quite enticing, facing tens of monkeys of various cultivation is very troublesome.

Especially, there is very little value in demon monkey. Except for some peculiar alchemy, a demon monkey corpse is not required. Its meat while being the meat of a spiritual monster only has a little effect on strengthening the body of mortals. For cultivators, the effect is almost negligible. So, the price of the corpse of this monster is lower than other monsters of the same realm.

But I didn't care about that. Being a regular visitor of Myriad Spirit Garden, I can be considered a little rich. So, I took the mission and went to the counter.

...

..

.

"Sister, I want to take this mission."

-*-*-*-*-*-

P.S.: I will update one chapter each alternating day. My college is starting😭

Support the cute author with a donation~

108