Violet and Lair 1.37
2.6k 5 116
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The once formidable horde of Demon Monkeys now stood at the brink of the jungle, their leader defeated by the very humans they had terrorized. The guards, fatigued from the battle, observed as the monkey horde panicked without a leader to direct them. Some scattered in different directions while others huddled in fear.

"Attack now! Kill all those monsters!" Patriarch Hong swiftly gave the order for the guards to strike the confused horde of monkeys.

The guards and cultivators charged forward, weapons raised and ready to eliminate the remaining demon monkeys. The monkeys, aware of the danger they faced, began to flee. They raced through the jungle, jumping over fallen branches and dodging trees. The guards pursued them, managing to kill some, but the monkeys were quick and nimble, making it challenging for the soldiers to catch them.

The monkey horde soon disappeared into the thick jungle, leaving the army to celebrate their victory.

"We have defeated the demon monkeys!"

"Great!"

"Long live the Fairy Cultivator!"

For a time, all the guards cheered loudly, their voices echoing across the battlefield. Despite visible signs of exhaustion, the happiness of their victory overshadowed it all.

Even Patriarch Hong, in stark contrast to his stern expression during the battle, started to smile. The demon monkey horde had caused enough torment, and this time, without Bai Yu's intervention, their town might have been overthrown.

In the midst of their celebration, Patriarch Hong sought to find the figure who had aided them, but Bai Yu seemed to have vanished without a trace

....

I arrived at the lair of the leader of the Demon Monkeys. It was easy to find their tracks using my [Insight] ability, as the demons were not discreet enough to cover them. So, following those subtle hints such as footprints and broken branches, it could be considered a cakewalk.

And the reason I am here?-to pick up the chance present here.

In the game, through this opportunity, the fabled [Monkey King] will be born here and fight against all cultivators.

Demon Monkey leader had advanced two stages and bred more demons, taking advantage of this opportunity. Otherwise, it would have been strange for a fourth-stage demon to suddenly be at the sixth-stage of Qi condensation.

I walked inside the cave. The cave had a depth of more than ten meters and a space of about a hundred square meters. 

The light was a bit dim, so, I tapped my bag of holding. An orb appeared in my palm, it was a luminous orb. Yes, I could afford it now, and I am damn proud of that.

Anyway, I put Qi into the orb, which shone with light and illuminated the whole cave.

I walked towards the small pool that was present at the side of the natural pedestal presumably the seat of the Leader of Demon Monkey. The pool was half filled with some kind of liquid. It gave off a strong fragrant and intoxicating smell.

[Insight]

I tapped my glabella twice, and I was instantly blinded by the white aura surrounding the pool.

Just as I expected, this was the [Monkey Wine], made from the [Four-Flavored liquor fruit]. While not as rare as the [Crystal Lotus], this fruit could be used to make spiritual wine that could provide a continuous stream of spiritual energy. Through this steady stream of energy, it seems the leader of the demon monkey was able to advance.

It also has a secondary effect of enhancing the aptitude of a cultivator as well as monsters. Of course, the effect is only effective for low-aptitude cultivators, for a top-grade spiritual root like me, the effect may as well be negligible.

I don't know from where these demon Monkeys obtained the [Four-Flavored liquor fruit] but their recent surge in power is also probably related to this. Moreover, because of this [Four-Flavoured Monkey Wine], the Demon Monkeys would be able to improve their aptitude a lot, finally giving birth to the fabled [Monkey King] in the game.

I patted my bag of holding and took out several empty jars. Now, to transfer this wine into the jar.

I could do it like a peasant manually or...

[Spiritual Sense]

Hours and Hours of grueling training were for this moment so I concentrated to manipulate my spiritual sense.

I spread my spiritual sense, enveloping the liquor with it. I started to slowly lift the huge ball of liquor with perfect control, specially reinforced due to the use of [Insight].

Then, I started it...The Booze Bending. Avatar ain't got shit on me.

With precise control, that even a foundation-building cultivator would be jealous of, I started to separate it. With a wave of my hand, the separated booze went to the empty jar. In this way, I filled the empty jars until none of the liquor was left.

*Sigh*

I sighed. That was admittedly a tad stressful but at the same time cool as heck. It was immature but who would not fulfill their childhood fantasy if given a chance? So, I didn't mind as I looked at the thirteen jars of liquor in front of me and cheered.

Stable source of spiritual energy for a long time...Get!!

I did not leave immediately but using [Insight] I once again scoured the cave, and as expected found a weak green aura at the corner of the cave.

It was the seeds of the [Four-Flavoured Liquor fruit.]

The Demon Monkeys had just thrown the seeds aside since they could not be used to brew the wine. I took the seeds, planning to nurture them into another [Four-Flavored liquor fruit]. I should look into some books on how to properly raise it. But that was a matter for later.

So, I started searching again but found nothing of value aside from that. It seems all the spiritual materials were already consumed, but I didn't mind it that much. Excessive greed is also not that good, I reminded myself once again.

With that, I left the lair.

-*-*-*-*-*-

Support the cute author with donation~

116