Chapter 0 – A Memory Away
280 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 0 – A Memory Away

Desert Sands- Unknown

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

My eyes blankly stare into the shadowed sky. an unfamiliar yellow sun floating, suspended as if by strings of an unrelenting puppeteer. Veiled behind a curtain of darkness, the air feels sluggish, stagnant, and lukewarm. The sun streams along, revealing stars dimly lit on the horizon. An otherworldly, tiny purplish planet floats in the distance, smaller than the moon. A slow chill, ending in a shiver, crawls up my back as a deep sigh escape my lips. This can’t be Earth.

What happened to me? Where am I? How did I get here?

Rummaging through my memories, my mind attempts to comprehend things I couldn’t have seen. What I had experienced, was of a wrongness extrinsic to my normal existence and being. I feel as though I have been changed from going through it. My definition of normal is now skewed. Meeting Ruby. Supernatural, but comparatively normal. The magical, arcane symbols from another world. Otherworldly, but feasible.

And the Darkness. Falling into Darkness. An empty space that erupts, expands with no end. My eyes swims from the mere remembrance of it. A piece of me cries out for answers.

What did I see in that darkness? I try to remember, repeatedly. A frantic thrum. Pounding. Kneading. Every time I try to remember more, all I see is a shiny dark, but blue blackness. A flash of insight pops. There was a key. My friend, Geraldine, gave it to me. No. Something else, another existence, gave me a key. The being simply wore the concept of her, like what she represented for me. Was it malicious? The whole area vibrates. I fade as the key melts into me. Other than that intense memory, I can’t remember clearly. Details evade me, and the result blurs like an old film, ending its reel.

 

I need to start from the beginning of the day. What did I do? What happened? Almost like the re-looping of a film reel, my eyes close and I experience this day yet again.

 

*Authors Note*

Hi everyone, I hope you'll enjoy this book I'm making. I'm a new writer, so feel free to comment or drop reviews. I'm definitely open to honest and constructive criticism. This is now a professionally edited novel, so chapters will come in batches until a workflow created. If it seems there is interest in the book, I'll make it weekly submission, maybe more. 

Thank you for reading my book!

6